Nokia Employee Reviews

daily routine for Alcatel-Lucent
Central Office Installer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 29, 2016
Report to central office . Review days work schedule, safety meeting,move tools and materials to work area, perform installation of cabling, iron work, or equipment bays. Test equipment, test cabling, prepare for next day's installation. Site surveys for fiber runs,etc. Installation work is satisfying in the accomplishment. A team effort is always appreciated. Management was reasonable supportive, There was always something to learn. Being part of a productive team was most enjoyable.
Excelent place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nogales SonoraFebruary 24, 2016
My experience on this job was that management recongnice the talent, in particular my boss allow my to learn about Quality and Lean, and allow my to 50% of my time to continual improvement, and allow me to wonk in projects that saving 4 million.
Great Company
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 16, 2016
Nokia is a professional and respectful company who provides clear, concise direction with daily calls to verify goals are being met and any issues can be handled.
No Obligation
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 15, 2016
I do feel obligated to either give praise or negative input on my former company either before or afterwards the NOKIA merger
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Computer Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Using lab time have to depend on other co-workers. Sometimes it is late evening. Writing documentation, writing scripts and testing scripts.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Be prepared to travel.
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJFebruary 11, 2016
you do alot of traveling with this company but overall they take care of their employees when needed. Overtime was always a plus while working for this company.
Good Company, but managment issues
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 30, 2016
Good company , but all upper management in Europe and they do not focus on US markets. Improvement needed in company focus. .
Poor company for US based employees
Senior Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 29, 2016
The salary and benefits were very competitive however US based employees were considered "high cost" and as a result always under threat of job loss.
Pros
benefits / time off
Cons
no job security
Good place because of the people there
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work because of the people there The work culture has changed significantly and with the constant down-sizing, it is not a very exciting place any more.
Creative and work driven environment yet fun
Network Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at work consists of daily updates and team meetings where we discuss the daily activities and task. My co-workers are very friendly and supportive. The management is very thoughtful of our feedbacks and is open to help its employees overcome the challenges at work. Most of the work that we do consists of working as a team and being responsible for the parts that we are assigned to. We all take it very seriously and we get constant feedback on how the task went. It is a very fun place to work at.
Alcatel-Lucent
Network Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 26, 2016
I provide technical lead for professional services supported projects mostly supporting government and energy sectors. I work from home designing technical network solutions. I travel occasionally to support these projects in the field.
Pros
Accountability, Flexability
Cons
Good place to work if they are not downsizing
R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 26, 2016
Good pay and benefits.
Location was being downsized so there was much a future.
The hours were 9-5 and the co-workers were excellent.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Location was downsized
looking for new opportunity and new experience by start another journey
Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  EMEAJanuary 24, 2016
Highly motivated person and i really like my job as an IP Network Engineer that knows how to work under pressure and dedicated for my work, and very hard worker in any condition and situation.
during the past four years i learned so many stuff related to my career because of my job position and the project that i involved through my journey. I'm good with following the management highlights and rules with excellent team work spirit.
i worked under pressure and stress for long hours and many days during my working on so many live networks that provide service for thousand of thousand of our customers clients which is for me the best part of the job when i done everything in excellent and perfect way and i can see everybody smile and happy because of my job.
ok good i had a great experience working in nokia
DevOps/Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2016
its was really good experience working in nokia i learnt many things while working for nokia,people over there are so friendly and it's very good atmosphere to work
Good company
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 20, 2016
I loved my job at Nokia, however i did not like how they released me from the company. Great people to work with, all expenses were paid ,the pay was great.
Pros
all expenses paid for
Cons
health care
Fun and fast pace place to work
Sourcing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The Great people, awesome atmosphere, and flex hours that promoted a job / personal balance that minimized stress. Nokia stress the importance of proper work and personal balance to each employee to avoid burn out and ensure fewer turn over.
Pros
Flex hours, great people
Cons
n/a
amir ali best nokia mobile set smart phone
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Lahore, VAJanuary 16, 2016
I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this hotel, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review. I understand that TripAdvisor has a zero-tolerance policy on fake rev
Pros
muslman
Cons
amir
Good Work Environment
Telecommunications Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Work there as an Intern, job is basically based on following Senior Engineers. There is a lo of diversity, most of the engineers came from other Nokia locations around the world.
Pros
Good work and life balance
Good place to work.
Program Lead for at&t's NY Market Cellular Network (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 14, 2016
I managed at&t deployment projects as a Program Lead. Very aggresive deployment. Alacatel is a good company to work for.
Great place to work but > 10 years of downsizing is hanging dark cloud.
Technical Manager of a RF Feature Integration Team (Current Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJJanuary 13, 2016
Great environment due to the colleagues and level of expertise. Very flexible work environment. Can work from home or office that of course, would depend on current business needs.
Pros
Very flexible work environment
Cons
> 10 years of downsizing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nokia. Our community is ready to answer.