Nokia Employee Reviews

Remote telecommuting work as a speechwriter
CEO Speechwriter, Nokia, telecommute (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 25, 2017
This was a stressful, deadline driven job on a small team, writing speeches for the CEO. A typical day might include developing an outline for an upcoming speech, working with leadership on approval of the outline, fact checking, research, networking with subject matter experts and of course writing.

The hardest part of the job was actually the remoteness and lack of collaboration with key stakeholders. There was a lot of back and forth email with drafts instead of a sit down brainstorming effort. Much of this was because the team was literally scattered around the world.

I learned a lot about the power of networking around the company to ensure I had the right subject matter experts. I worked with good writers and learned a lot from them as well.

I enjoyed all the people I met throughout the company and the contractors we worked with. The end-to-end view I gained of Nokia and the insight into the strategy and operations was like a mini-MBA course during the year I held this role.
Pros
Learning about the company from end-to-end and meeting great people.
Cons
Odd working hours - based on the event and the CEO's schedule.
Acquisition
Sales Director - Service Provider/Enterprise (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 24, 2017
Nokia is a global company with great benefits, stable employment and many chefs in the kitchen. Everyone is positive, working to make sales and generally willing to do what it takes. We're 102,000 employees strong...so be prepared to work with many layers of management.
Pros
Benefits!
dirty politics
RF Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 23, 2017
dirty politics, no advancement, management in inexperienced and spiteful and vindictive. if you do work there don't stay long. like using the H1B and are shipping jobs to mexico
It is a good company.
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 18, 2017
I have worked for this company for less than two months so far, so it is hard to know more insight. This is a very competitive business. There are powerful foreign competitors.
Willingness to innovate
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Singapore, USOctober 15, 2017
Corporate culture that helps streamline and structure innovation, with well structured processes and resources in support of day-day activities. There is a clear divide between employees and management,
Productive place with extremely friendly mentors
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 14, 2017
Working at Nokia was a great experience. I learned a lot from my team and everyone was very helpful.
I was a recent graduate and still was able to cope up with the work because of good guidance.
Nokia was innovative and fun but then Microsoft took over.
PRINCIPLE SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at Nokia and was working fervently to bring them back to pace with Apple and Google. However, Microsoft acquired the company and basically absorbed them. I left at that point.
Pros
Great working environment, interesting projects
Cons
Management structure and decisions were always confusing
Productive and Small Team
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 12, 2017
I was brought in for 6 weeks as a contractor to cover another employee who was out for medical leave. I ended up staying 5 months as my manager felt I added value to the team.

I worked a typical 8 - 5 schedule. I worked as a Buyer with a small team. All of us got along very well. We socialized outside of work and made the working environment more positive.

The workplace seemed relaxed and I enjoyed a good working relationship with my manager and her manager.

Although my assignment was extended from 6 weeks to 5 months I was a contractor and the pay was on the low side for my position.

I left due to a more permanent opportunity with a substantially larger salary.
Pros
Great Team Members
Cons
Temporary Assignment
Work and Life Balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 10, 2017
Great work and life balance. Poor Management and no opportunities to advance as even senior management is trying to hold onto to their positions so basically a cut-throat atmosphere with lots of jockeying for staying employed.
Fast paced with few breaks
BACKHAUL PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Virtual OfficeOctober 9, 2017
Industry is very fast paced and minimal downtime. You end up doing a lot of work on your own and during your personal time because there isn't enough time in the day to get the project done
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work life balance

Want to know more about Nokia?

Ask a question
Excellent team players and ethical company
Senior Marketing Manager (direct) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 9, 2017
The company has a great work/family work balance. They respect their employees. They are highly ethical. I especially enjoyed my manager and fellow employees...great people!
Pros
Ethics, good communication to employees from CEO
Cons
CMO expects too much from team (personally managed 428 projects in 7 months)
Money is always the bottom line
outage manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 7, 2017
Seems like most of these reviews are from "FORMER" employees. That says a lot about what's going on. Does anybody still work there?

Layoff are endless. The foreign guy with the lowest salary and least experience will be kept every time. The brains that do all the work and keep the customers happy are the ones that get cut. Young managers don't know how to manage. Upper managers are only looking to cover their own a**.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
job security, long hours, no overtime, no raises, on call, outsourcing, no chance of advancement
Compensation and Benefits really good.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 4, 2017
The threat of lay offs were always lingering. Raises were almost non-existent, but there were generally annual bonuses. Telecommuting was encouraged, which is a wonderful benefit. I've held onto my car for almost 19 years now because of how little I've had to use it. Worked with a great team, and wonderful manager. Would have retired there had they let me.
Pros
Compensation and team
Cons
No job security
POOR upper management
Account Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  stlouis moOctober 4, 2017
The upper management really do not grasp what the people in the front lines do , or how they do their jobs. fNokia managers are VERY much micro managers, they feel the need to watch their people at all times. For a technology company they are FAR from progressive
Pros
umm good benefits
Cons
the managers are a hinderence to job of front line workers
Former Alcatel-Lucent, poor job security, poor pay increases.
Senior Engineer, Wireless Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 4, 2017
As Alcatel-Lucent layoffs constant. Other than that engineers were mostly self managed. Middle management functions such as scheduling on call, meeting with customers, internal status meeting, scheduling days off, and much more were handled by engineers. ALU was very flexible with work from home arrangements. Work culture was lacking since most ALU buildings were near empty. Have heard from current employees not much has changed for former ALU employees.
Pros
flexiblility
Cons
Lay-offs
competitive and balanced work
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2017
Been working 11+ years at Nokia and there is always challenges and new projects to work on. Evolving year after year, new businesses and always demanding the best of you. Great work-life balance.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
none yet
The people are great to work with
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 3, 2017
Enjoyed the range of technology I was able to work with over the years and the great group of people. The hardest part of the job was the occasional shift work but it was balanced with flextime.
Nokia
Diagnostic Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Nokia was a wonderful company to work for. They put their employees ahead of everything. They believed in personal time so that all the employees were healthy and happy.
USA location of Nokia in NJ is previous Bell Labs
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 29, 2017
Lot of great minds to learn from.
Colleagues come out of their way to help us out and try to make the product a success.
Most enjoyable part of the job is satisfaction you had it up and running.
Pros
Working with great minds
Cons
Long Work Hours, try to work with all parts of the world in this new global approach
Nokia
System Executive (Former Employee) –  INSeptember 26, 2017
Good company to work. Good environment.
Managers are very supportive. Good team.

Overall good experiance.

Learned somany things from team as well as managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nokia. Our community is ready to answer.

51K