Nokia

Nokia Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to Work
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 21, 2014
Working at Nokia was one of best experiences I have ever had working, the overall culture was phenomenal. In the beginning we started out small (Melbourne, Fl facility) 30-40 people, then we grew to well over 1000 employees, small building to a large repair facility.

Lots of talented individuals made up the team, technicians, engineers, management, then you had the main Nokia management team that would visit from time-to-time. The always made you feel as though you were part of the family.
Pros
many opportunities to learn something new
Cons
not enough growth potential
Fun while it lasted
SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2014
Good environment and was able to directly impact product that was used by millions of people world wide.

Unfortunately, Nokia did not get into the smartphone game soon enough and the feature phone market is drying up quickly.
Great Culture, co-workers and values
Supply Chain Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2014
Nokia had been a great company to work for. It gave me great opportunities for professional growth and to learn.
Unfortunately Nokia lost its touch with consumer needs. Stopping to support Symbian in 2011 and jump into Windows OS was a mistake that cost the company its presence on the consumer electronics and given away a huge percentage of market share. Unfortunately, we lost revenue and could never recover.
I've always loved to work for Nokia. The best company so far I worked for.
Great people, Great company.
Calibration Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 12, 2014
Loved this job! fast pasted, and great work environment.I would still be thier if the plant did not close down.
Pros
lots of overtime.
Cons
it closed down
good life and work balance
R&D Software Specialist, SW Architect (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2014
strong process. respect individual, very good work culture.
European company culture
Senior Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2014
Flexible working hours
Disciplined co-workers and management who followed rules and guidelines
Systematic working process enabled the work with high efficiency
Summary
Baseband Hardware Verification Project Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2014
Learned about the Latest technology of the mobile platform, program, and product.
Great culture; unfortunate turn of events for cell phone business
Sr. Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2014
Great teamwork; very human. It was easy to be passionate. Top management let the cell phone business go to ruins. The best people I have ever worked with.
Very productive and supportive workplace
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILAugust 4, 2014
Nokia was an excellent place to work. Management was very open and supportive. They implemented agile development processes and committed to them, even though there were some initial challenges in meeting goals. All of the coworkers shared common goals and enjoyed the work they were doing which contributed to a good working environment. The only reason I left the job was because they relocated downtown and I was not willing to commute.
Pros
fun place to work, supportive management, located near my home
Cons
relocated to downtown chicago
Productive and welcoming enviroment.
Assent Manger (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2014
The work environment is positive and welcoming. They have a very well balanced home and work life.
Contract Position
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 31, 2014
Short-term contract position as project manager. Worked with overseas programmers. Kept budget updated and projected spending for overseas workers vs. domestic workers.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
short term project & too far from home.
Fun to work on upcoming Technology
Platform Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2014
It was very Good learning curve for me to learn about Windows product and platform. I had previous experience in Android but working on Windows product made me more knowledgeable.
Productive and fun place to work.
Executive Assistant to CTO & VP Advanced Eng. (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 25, 2014
Great company to work for with great employee benefits. In the division I was in had opportunity to experience prototypes before they went to market, very exciting.
Pros
experiencing prototypes before going to market
An ethical company that cares for its employees
Specialist, Global Domain Owner-SCM (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2014
Nokia sets the benchmark for ethical behavior and corporate citizenship.

The opportunity to develop in an area of expertise is immense. But don't expect too much lateral movement. They like to 'preserve' their specialists.

People are treated with respect and dignity and work-life balance is awesome. Flexible hours, excellent benefits and a European approach to people management make Nokia an excellent choice if you are not in for the big bucks and yearly promotions. Career advancement is slow and other tech companies pay better.

Overall, I enjoyed my time here, learned about Finnish culture and made some good friends. Nokia will always be close to my heart.
Great work culture. Extremely talented team environment
Concepting Hardware Product Development Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2014
Nokia was an awesome place to work. The people were top notch with an incredible array of talents, skills and experience. We were creating some of the most innovative smart phones in the industry.
Nokia, Inc. (Mobile Devices & Services)
Care Channel Development Manager Americas Region (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 23, 2014
I've worked for this company for over 15 years, in a similar role, always related to training and development of internal, vendor and trade-customer channels. I have to say there have been a lot of ups and downs, mostly down turns, including 4 layoffs, which I was impacted by in some minor way each time. After Microsoft purchased Nokia's Devices & Services assets, I was again impacted, in the form of a layoff which will most like be permanent, and the end to my employment with Nokia, Inc. In 1999 when I was hired Nokia was nearing the apogee of it's global success as a Mobile Phone company, but over the past 10 years their mobile phone and services business has gradually and continuously lost market share, which of course significantly impacted the company and workers at all levels. The company did it's best to limit the impact on people during each round of restructuring and right-sizing related layoffs, but in the end you an only lose money for so long before things have to change dramtically, including selling company assets and moving employees to Microsoft, or laying people off. What remains of Nokia is not the same company it was before Microsoft purchased it, therefore the security with Nokia Mobile Phones is a mute point at this time.
Pros
people oriented, good benefits packages, including severance packages.
Cons
mobile devices & services divisions in nokia no longer exists, therefore no stability under new owner microsoft.
Great company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2014
Great company to work for. Benefits were great and job was fast paced
Nice to work company
Customer Availability Manager - Americas Region (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 17, 2014
Very good company and great Management team.
Worked here for 8 years and had a lot of opportunities to grow professional and personal way.
Pros
good overall
Cons
company lost market share and right now is not stable.
productive,learn more, team work enviroment
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  EgyptJuly 6, 2014
Handling the recruitment process (Support in managing relations with
assigned recruitment agencies, Interviews, Assessment Center
Organization, preparing Job Offer, reference checking

I learned how to prepare the country policy.
I learned how to conduct salary survey
the hardest part of the job is the salaries preparation
the most enjoyable part of the job is all the recruitment process.
Pros
flexible working hourse, working from home
Cons
small team
Great place to work, upper management needed better insight
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2014
Nokia had a good culture, great benefits, and most everyone I worked with seemed to care about what they were doing. Upper management made poor decisions that affected Nokia's ability to foresee the trends in the smart phone revolution they themselves started.
Pros
benefits, worklife balance, culture
Cons
upper management decisions

4.2