Nokia

Nokia Employer Reviews

Fun and fair place to work
Process Compliance Lead (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 28, 2013
My time at Nokia was my most memorable employer because I basically matured into the person I am today because of my colleagues and superiors at Nokia. I enjoyed going to work everyday while I was there, and although it was unfortunate that I was laid off; my parting with Nokia was pleasant and professional. I would like to someday find my way back – more... to Nokia. – less
Great team of Folks
Regional Quality Manager - Telecom Implementation (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMay 21, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Great satellite office to work from and good engineering teams.
Productive and full of great challenges and even greater people
SUPPLY QUALITY ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY MANAGER (Former Employee), DallasMay 5, 2013
Always a great atmosphere for work and getting the feeling of accomplishment
Great people to work with!
Project Manager (Former Employee), N/AApril 28, 2013
Pros: casual attire, flexible schedule
Cons: limited career path, too centralized
Multiple projects so you never get bored
Cutting edge technology
People are super
Good company
Mobile Project Manager/Scrum Master/Product Owner (Current Employee), Malvern, PAApril 25, 2013
Good company values and decent benefits. I worked with sharp people and enjoyed working there.
Constant reshuffling of the deck chairs
Director (Current Employee), Helsinki, F19April 3, 2013
Pros: ample holiday, beautiful country
Cons: poor quality management, lack of employee development
An odd mix of competent and incompetent management including (still) too many old school Nokians who have been around for decades. Massive cuts have made the company leaner, but still thinks too much like a monolithic entity - slow to make decisions, answer is always to throw more people at problems rather than simplify, unwilling to make terminations – more... transparent and thus self-defeating on efforts to increase accountability.

That said, compensation and recognition for the top talent is extremely good, culturally a good place to work with a lot of trust and integrity, and work hours which are reasonable given the state of the company.

If they complete the upgrade of the management and senior leadership, and actually execute on the longer term strategies (which are good), it'll be a great place to work. – less
Real "iffy"
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasMarch 23, 2013
Pros: steady work.
Cons: fear of plant closing.
The "Bottom Line" was all that counted. If Nokia could make money by closing a plant, that's what they did with the Fort Worth plant.
Fantastic
Board Assembly Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TxMarch 19, 2013
Working for Nokia was my first opportunity being apart of the corporate sector. During my tenure, I was promoted a total of six (6) times. They were firm believers of promoting from within and took very, very good care of their employees. Nokia was a delightful company to work for.
Innovation and technology workplace.
Assistant Accountant, Administrator (Former Employee), BaghdadMarch 18, 2013
Managed daily, monthly, and annual sales report regarding for retail and wholesale company products. I learned how to become professional in supervised internal employee financial matters. The co-workers very smart people. The hardest part of job is to deal with numbers all day.
A great place to work.
Global Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), UKFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: team work, good work-life balance
Cons: travel distance and time
Nokia is a workplace where you can explore your skills to the fullest. Colleagues and management respect your point of view and an informed approach is taken by the management. Even when we knew we were being made redundant, the main thing what I learnt was that, no matter how difficult the times were, we need to keep our spirits and our morals high – more... and continue to perform until the last hour, plan how we can sail through the storm rather than panic in vain. People are recruited based on their ability to perform and hand picked from every part of the world, you can therefore see a great cultural mix and harmony. It is like an entire world sitting on the same office floor. The toughest part of the job is saying 'No' to anyone. Colleagues are so friendly and co-operative that denying any request to anyone is a herculean task. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the Friday meetup for drinks and lunch outs where anyone from any team would join and in a short span of time you would know many people across the workplace. – less
Senior ETL Informatica Developer
Senior ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2013
• Developed various Mappings with the collection of all Sources, Targets, and Transformations using Designer.
• Analyzing the need and fitment for MDM Hub in the typical enterprise application ecosystem of company.
• Performed extraction, transformation and loading of data from RDBMS tables and Flat File sources into Oracle RDBMS in accordance with – more... requirements and specifications
• Designed and developed, mapplets and re-usable transformations, and used them in different mappings.
• Involved in complete life cycle of MDM implementations on Informatica MDM 9.1.0 from Siperian XU SP2.
• Responsible for GAP Analysis to help identify current and proposed structure of MDM system.
• Helped in ETL process to load data into landing tables of MDM Hub using Informatica 9.1
• Used Debugger to test the data flow and fix the mappings
• Performed unit testing and integration testing from source to target
• Worked with Connected & Unconnected Lookups, Router, Expressions, Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Filter, Sequence Generator, Union, etc
• Defined foreign-key relationships, lookups, query groups and queries.
• Defined the landing tables, staging tables, and configured base objects. – less
Great company
Software Release Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2013
One of the best company to work for. Nokia takes care of its employee the best possible way.
Traffic Incident
Editor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free fruit, benefits, great pay
Cons: short breaks, too much downtime
I've learned a lot about the world of traffic. Learning how to utilize government resources and social media has been a great learning experience. I do find myself with a lot of downtime. This can be useful to use the time to work on projects that have been pushed to the side.
Cell One, Performance Engineer (Former Employee), State of MontanaFebruary 12, 2013
Good place to work. I was able to learn about Nokia GSM cell site equipment. Co-workers were good. The draw back to this job was not much technical training. All skills were learned on the job and through co workers.
I work for a great team
Executive Assistant/ Special Projects Manager (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 1, 2013
I believe I am a perfect candidate for an administrative or project coordination position. I am tenacious and always motivated to take the initiative—I am a self-starter with exceptional follow-through skills. Moreover, I have the ability and willingness to handle multiple, complex projects, tasks, and assignments in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. – more... Additionally, I am very comfortable working independently and as part of a larger, cross-functional team. Most importantly, I pride myself on being highly organized, detailed-oriented, and analytical—I am a proactive problem solver. Thankfully, working for Apple’s Retail Development and Nokia’s Global Partner Application Development divisions has strengthened my organizational skills, sharpened my eye for details, and honed my professional skills. – less
customer handling
solution specialist /customer service manager (Former Employee), ludhianaJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: pf and esi
i was work in nokia for 4 years i realy enjoy working there.all my team members and team leaders are very coperative i work hard there and always achive my targets.
Industry Follower in Mobile Devices
Sr. Manager (Former Employee), San DiegoJanuary 22, 2013
Nokia is an international company that previously led in mobile marketshare. Unfortunately today they are a follower, but seem to be making in-roads with their Windows 8 smartphones.
FUN ,FREINDLY
Warehouse/Assembler (Former Employee), arlington texasJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: locker showers
Cons: part-time
Typical n be at your station ready for work

Perform duties pre-trip/post triplong haul load lock all frieght route, comply with all state requlations fuel chek the depth in all tires.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 13, 2013
Love the people and the environment!
Great pay and benefits.
Nokia Hyderabad
Computer Operator (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJanuary 11, 2013
Nokia have more custemer in india we have to serve custemers
how to satisfy the customers with our service
man

About Nokia

Nokia is one of the world's leading makers of cell phones. First incorporated in the Finnish city it's named after, Nokia's business – Read more