Nokia Employee Reviews

Great people who are experts in their fields.
Sr Director, Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
Highly resilient workforce with undaunting commitment to serve customers and be the leader in B2B networking technology.

Difficult to advance (financially & career) due to numerous reorganizations and struggles to become profitable.
Pros
people and exposure to cutting edge thinking
Cons
pay and stress of survival
Lay back working environment
4G LTE RAN Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 4, 2016
Lay back working environment, no growth opportunity, pay less than competitors.
Great place to learn trending technologies.
Pros
Great place for learning
Cons
no place to grow.
great company with a hopeful future
Integration Engineer - UMTS/VOIP (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 30, 2016
With all telecommunication equipment providers, as I have worked for a few, there are up's and down's. Even if we were down our management kept us up with positive attitudes.
Fun work environment that promoted learning
Lucent Networking Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 27, 2016
I enjoyed the work and the help given by my mentor, I learnt a lot of new networking principles in a short 2 month internship. The hardest part about the job was learning things I didn't learn before, but that was what I enjoyed the most as well
Pros
Great and friendly environment
Cons
teammates were lazy and demotivated
Nice culture and many great people to work with together
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2016
A great company to work with. Would expect better products for customers and time to market of product launch. I really hope nokia will be the mobile giant again in near future.
Great place to work.
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2016
Nokia was a great place to work before it was acquired by Microsoft.
The San Diego site is now closed. It will be sorely missed.
Strong Global Teaming Environment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, NJ, AZMarch 16, 2016
Smart people, high integrity, committed to succeed in a highly competitive industry. Global diverse workforce. Respect for employees and their contribution.
Pros
Competitive Salaries, Excellent Benefits Package, Embraces Telecommuting
Cons
Lacking in strong, visionary leadership
Diverse Environment, Good community culture
Executive/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 16, 2016
Fun place to work, innovative, creative, lots of growth potential, good management, good communication. Relaxed, open working space, flexible hours, good team spirit.
Pros
Geography - very close to home
Cons
I'm not working there anymore
Good but not great
ACST (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 14, 2016
The pay was good, the benefits were good. Typical day varied. Sometimes you were busy, sometimes not. Usually end of quarter was the busiest. Management was just a title. Most if not all questions were answered by co-workers or engineering. NO job advancement what-so-ever. Biggest thing I learned was: Do not work for a company with a contract thru a union. You will lose!
One of the best companies to work for because of the diversified and unlimited opportunity for growth and leadership.
ADVERTISING AND CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed my career with Nokia immensely. The global reach and experience I received and contributed to was rewarding at many levels. The teams I was able to both lead and work with from research and development to creative and launch, were exceptionally skilled and proficient. The corporate atmosphere communicated integrity.
Pros
Worked with agencies, internal research and development and marketing professionals all over the globe.
Cons
Workload was often intense with 4am and 10pm conferences and deadlines. However, the company was always great at making up for that with additional benefits.
daily routine for Alcatel-Lucent
Central Office Installer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 29, 2016
Report to central office . Review days work schedule, safety meeting,move tools and materials to work area, perform installation of cabling, iron work, or equipment bays. Test equipment, test cabling, prepare for next day's installation. Site surveys for fiber runs,etc. Installation work is satisfying in the accomplishment. A team effort is always appreciated. Management was reasonable supportive, There was always something to learn. Being part of a productive team was most enjoyable.
Excelent place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nogales SonoraFebruary 24, 2016
My experience on this job was that management recongnice the talent, in particular my boss allow my to learn about Quality and Lean, and allow my to 50% of my time to continual improvement, and allow me to wonk in projects that saving 4 million.
Great Company
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 16, 2016
Nokia is a professional and respectful company who provides clear, concise direction with daily calls to verify goals are being met and any issues can be handled.
No Obligation
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 15, 2016
I do feel obligated to either give praise or negative input on my former company either before or afterwards the NOKIA merger
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Computer Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Using lab time have to depend on other co-workers. Sometimes it is late evening. Writing documentation, writing scripts and testing scripts.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Be prepared to travel.
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJFebruary 11, 2016
you do alot of traveling with this company but overall they take care of their employees when needed. Overtime was always a plus while working for this company.
Good Company, but managment issues
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 30, 2016
Good company , but all upper management in Europe and they do not focus on US markets. Improvement needed in company focus. .
Poor company for US based employees
Senior Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 29, 2016
The salary and benefits were very competitive however US based employees were considered "high cost" and as a result always under threat of job loss.
Pros
benefits / time off
Cons
no job security
Good place because of the people there
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work because of the people there The work culture has changed significantly and with the constant down-sizing, it is not a very exciting place any more.
Creative and work driven environment yet fun
Network Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at work consists of daily updates and team meetings where we discuss the daily activities and task. My co-workers are very friendly and supportive. The management is very thoughtful of our feedbacks and is open to help its employees overcome the challenges at work. Most of the work that we do consists of working as a team and being responsible for the parts that we are assigned to. We all take it very seriously and we get constant feedback on how the task went. It is a very fun place to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nokia. Our community is ready to answer.