Nomac Drilling

Nomac Drilling Employer Reviews

Good pay and hard work. Will go back agian if the opprotunity arrives.
Motorhand Mechinac (Current Employee), El Reno, OKFebruary 28, 2015
Taking pride in your work and in your company always doing your job right the first time and every time. Ensuring a safe work environment and always looking out for the safety of others. Enjoy being part of a team and always work well with others at all cost.
it was ok
Gas worker (Former Employee), ohioFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
over all was great working for them but when I was layedoff they were going to come and tell us that they were going to let us go but they didn't they said that the weather was to bad but us as crew we were working out there and the weather was not that bad so they called us on the phone and told us that we were no longer needed at the time
Hard work
Floorhand/Motorman/Derrickman/Assistant Driller (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great pay benefits
Cons: away from home
Atypical work day in the oilfield is hard work yet enjoyable and exciting. I further gained leadership experience since being employed here. the hardest part of the job is working in the elements and working away from home.
good crew but no chance to move up
floorhand (Current Employee), south txNovember 29, 2014
work 12 hours for 14 days little to no chance of moving up unless you are friends with people higher in the company. there are a lot of 5 and 6 year floorhands
Verry good company with lots of career opportunities
Rig Manager (Current Employee), OKOctober 11, 2014
This company has treated me and my family very well over the years and is a great place for a career with job advancement.
Drilling rigs
Floorhand (Current Employee), Pearsall, TXSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work would be doing everything your supervisors expect you to do. I have been on drilling rigs for about 8 years so I know a few things. Our management is ok. The hardest part of the job would be working in the winter time. The best part of my current job is I work 14 days and get 14 days off.
Typical Mudlogging job
Field Geologist II (Current Employee), OH, PA, WV, OKAugust 29, 2014
This was a fun company when I started but slowly started to go down hill as we lost more jobs working for our main energy company.
Great experience at a cost of personal life
Instrumentation Specialist I (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 11, 2014
Good pay (not as high as other companies for the same position but you get a schedule instead of following rigs)
Good benefits
Decent living accommodations on drill sites
High turn-over rate in company
New management and supervisors often
Working away from home two thirds of you life (two weeks on/one week off)
Can be stressful
gooid
driller (Former Employee), west virginia,ohioJuly 4, 2014
Pros: compensated well
Cons: never home
good place to work,nice equipment,well trained,safety is a top priority,
unsure of future
Derrick Hand/Driller (Former Employee), El Reno, OKJune 4, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: job security
you never know when the next lay off will come. Move from one state to another with little or no heads up.
Fast pace,long hours
Truck Driver/Yard Hand/ Equipment operator (Former Employee), Mount Morris, PAMay 20, 2014
The job I had wasn't hard but long hours on the road. It was not too bad of job great benefits, vacation, sick time, bosses not too bad.
Good place to work.
Driller (Current Employee), El Reno, OKApril 29, 2014
Good pay, but hard to be away the family for 7 days at a time. Nice to have 7 days off at a time. Nomac will keep you working. I do have to work in rain, sleet, snow, etc.
Productive and knowledge
Floor Hand, lead tong to chain hand (Former Employee), Cyril, Ok AreaApril 15, 2014
Pros: had a great crew to work with
Working with others in the workforce I have learned patience, comardery, knowledge of the job i am doing, I love work to and am not afraid of hard work. I can be depended on to show up on time and complete every task.

I enjoyed working for Nomac and it was needed experience that I had not really acquired in the past. I liked the people on my crew.
Good place
Floor Hand (Current Employee), Bakken AreaJanuary 17, 2014
Good place to work just rig stacking out. Worked week on week off. Co workers are were a fun group to be around.
Good safety minded work place
Floor Hand/Drilling Operations (Current Employee), Pearsall, TXDecember 2, 2013
Good company that is vey safety conscious. Rig management is good about handling issues that come up on a daily basis. Rig crews work well together to accomplish jobs that need to be done.
Highly active and dangerous but exciting and fun.
Lead Floor Hand (Former Employee), Mount Morris, PANovember 8, 2013
Pros: benefits from med, dent plans and everything else you could think of.
Cons: health care and safety on the job classes
I was always taken care of working for NOMAC under the umbrella of Chesapeake Energy. Very good people and completely believe in what they preach. They're safety program is one of the best in the nation along with their entry level training courses.
Great people
Safety Coach (Former Employee), El Reno, OKSeptember 18, 2013
Good job if your willing to work a non rotating schedule. Great people good safety culture.
hard work, though good work
Chain Hand (Former Employee), Mount Morris, PASeptember 1, 2013
a typical day at work consists of a lot of hard labor, very fast paced and nonstop. at the end of a 12-14 hour day i will be wore out but ready to get after it again the next day. i normally get along really well with all my coworkers, we are all there to get the job done safely and efficiently. the hardest part of my job is being able to push myself beyond my limits to make the job of my coworkers easier and the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with good people who want nothing more than to be able to work with me and go home with all appendages and digits that we came to work with.
Hard work, but great pay
Floorhand (Current Employee), Clinton, OKJuly 14, 2013
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: sometimes management could relax, they add stress for no reason
Some of the best people and worst people you could imagine work for this company and it kind of makes it even out. If you have never worked on a drilling rig before Nomac will teach you what you need to know. You work 7 and 7 or 14 and 14, 12 hours a day.
Very good company to work for
Floor hand, Derrick hand (Current Employee), Western OklahomaJune 19, 2013
Depending on what rig you are on, their are some opportunities to advance with hard work and dedication

Nomac Drilling Salaries