Nomac Drilling Employee Reviews in United States

safe
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 9, 2016
they give you the tools you need to learn to be safe and accident free. the hardest thing is rig up and down and triping pipe. most enjoyable get long with co-worker that work as team.
A day as a derrick hand
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Mount Morris, PAMarch 19, 2016
Take control of the drilling fluid system. Maintain drilling mud add mixing an mix chemicals. Keep mud pumps running an fixed any issues that they would have. Working with chemical was the worst part of the day. The co workers were the greatest part we were like family. I learned the best leadership skills working with nomac. The managment at nomac lead by example.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
lack of having tools
Great Company
Tool Pusher (Former Employee) –  OKJanuary 29, 2016
Great company to work for, will take care of you. Safety orriented and great equipment. great people, hard working company.
Nice working environment based around safety and teamwork
Floorhand/Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2016
Relaxed and fun with a safe working environment. Everyday their is something to learn on job and from others. Such as how the Drilling Rig operates. Chain of Command is always there to help and advise you through whatever situation you are in. The Co-workers are like your second family. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours and the weather conditions. Being at work and working with others as a team is the most enjoyable part of the job.
good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 5, 2016
A very good place to work. great insurance, 401k and benefits. Lots of holiday, vacation and sick leave. Would go back to work for them.
Alright place to work
Driller and then Assistant Rig Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OHNovember 18, 2015
The company wasnt really that bad. Made good money. Learned alot from other people that worked there. Long hours on feet but you get use to it. Had good co-man on locations.
Pros
some good people still work there
Cons
Need better management, Need new leader
Good place to make alot of money
Floorman/Derrickman (Former Employee) –  nationwideNovember 8, 2015
good place to work if you want to make a lot of money. They preach safety but don't literally care about safety. poor management, and you get dirty beyond all belief.
Pros
good pay, you get half the year off
Cons
no breaks, gone half the year, only cares ablout the money.
Broken down
Driller (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKNovember 4, 2015
Started out as a great place to work but as they tried to expand they bought a bunch of old broken down rigs that were a nightmare to work on due to something always being broken. Along with these rigs came the employees that allowed the rigs to get run down.
Work hard
Direct Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKOctober 5, 2015
Good company to work for. Great Benefits. I enjoyed working with the company and the crews on the rigs. Wish they could call us back up
Productive hard working
Derrickhand-AD (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OKSeptember 28, 2015
Very good place to work, family oriented place to work. The upper management take good care of you and treat you with respect.
fun place to work
Technician Level II (Former Employee) –  South Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and North DakotaSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day at work starts after coming back from my days off. I go to meeting first thing in the morning and wait for the phone to ring so that i can go to whichever rigs need my assistance. I greatly improved my troubleshooting skills and learned how to work with different people, i work little with management but i took direct orders from my lead supervisor. on major repairs we usually worked together to fix the issue. the hardest part of the job was working with very little sleep after being up for 24 plus hours. the most enjoyable part of my job was when i learned new things
a good place to work great benefits
Motorman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Nomac I worked a 2week on 2week off schedule good balance of work and personal time the crew and management at the rig worked very well together we were very safety minded yet our rig held every production record E.O.G. had in N.D. and Wyoming
Pros
freedom to grow enjoyable enviroment
Cons
price of oil stacked us out
Great workplace with great people
Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TXSeptember 1, 2015
The experience out on the rig was great. I worked with people who made the job fun and made time pass. On the rig its all about teamwork. You are part of a five person crew and you five do everything the rig needs to keep working during your time there. The thing i liked most is that you would do something different almost everyday. You never know what to expect when you went to the morning meeting.
ok place
dirreckhand (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2015
i started when it was thomas drilling then bronco drilling then nomac drilling at first it hard but i had to learn new thing roll over or buy out came with new rules and but i have to say when nomac took over the pay was good
Good and Demanding job
Floorhand (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OKAugust 12, 2015
Work no matter the weather 24/7 operation, learn great team building, management is very solid, co-works are very welcoming. hardest part of the job is the time away from your friends and family,
best part of the job is how everyone gets involved to accomplish any task!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
being away from family 6 monthes out of the year
great productive work environment with top of the line equipment
Driller, Derrick Hand, Motor Hand, Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKAugust 10, 2015
Nomac Drilling was an all around excellent place to work for. I stayed employed with nomac for around 7 years. you work half the year with great pay.great management and great co-workers, the job can be stressful, but enjoyed every minute of it
Pros
2 weeks on and 2 weeks off work
Cons
2 weeks away from home..traveling to ohio
Good Job but Hard Work
Floorhand (Former Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 6, 2015
Days are 12 hours long. You will have to do a wide array of jobs including maintenance, cleaning, painting, small repairs, connecting tubular's, and Tripping pipe in and out of hole. I learned a lot about oilfield operations and different step of drilling an oil well. Your supervision will be you driller and rig manager as well as the drilling superintendent. You will work along side a Motorman and derrick hand. Hardest part of the job is long hours, demanding physical labor and extreme weather. Best part of the job is the pay and benefits as well as the close working relationship of your co-workers.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Physically demanding job and work in exstream weather conditions
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TXAugust 5, 2015
I like working in the drilling rigs industry keeps me going and I am a hard reliable working. Was a good work place and the training was very important to me, since I got to learn more things I was needing to know to get the job done correctly.
Engineers and senior supervisors very willing to train and teach techniques
Floorhand/Motorman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2015
A typical day is long, hot and tiring but learned a lot in a short period of time from some really experienced pros. The down turn in the energy industry caused Nomac to lay off field employees otherwise would be going back there for work. Left at end of last summer to go back to college in the Fall.
Best company to work for hands down!
Floorhand (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKJuly 21, 2015
glad to have worked for Nomac when i did. safety record is phenomenal! Wonderful people. i had the honor to work on rig 17 with some great people! everyone took care of eachother and never could i have had anyone better to train me. i took what i learned to other companies and made a difference. keeping everyone going home to our families. again a wonderful company!
Pros
making bank, and great attitudes!
Cons
n/a