Nomura Securities International

Nomura Securities International Employer Reviews

lot of upside potential when I initially joined in 2009
Head of US Reference Data IT Services (Current Employee), New York, New YorkFebruary 13, 2014
I've achieved all I can at this firm. There are some challenges the firm continues to face upon which I will not be in the equation to help resolve, therefore I need to move on.
Japanese Investment Bank
Energy Investment Banking - Summer Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 2, 2013
I experienced typical investment banking work for Nomura's oil and gas group in Houston. It's exactly what you would expect though half of the group was in New York - I'm not sure if this is still true.
Nice place to work!
Vice President, Institutional Japan Equity Sales (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2013
Getting in the office at 7am and leave at 7pm. Spend 30% client interaction, 40% processing requests, and 30% revenue management. Co-workers are very cooperative and we help each other. I like this culture.
Very entrepreneurial at the outset, changed rapidly
Executive Director - Electronic Trading (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2013
Enterprising, broad responsibilities.
Got a chance to innovate in a rapdily changing, exciting market structure environment
Immediate management was great. HO management is very haphazard, non-connected.
No security
Nothing was hard - resources were made avaialble easily.
The ability to innovate was the best part about the job in the first 2 1/2 years – more... that I was there. Things went rapidly downhill since then. – less
A great place to work
Associate, Expense Management & Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
A great place to work. Have been here 11 years. Love the people and culture and opportunities.
Great people
Equity Sales Support Middle Office Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 20, 2012
Great company for those interested in finance in New York with a global perspective. Smart and decent people.
Currently a very hard environment to me in with everyone walking on egg shells
Sales Assistant European Equity Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: online theatre/sports discounts and as well as discounts for local gyms
Cons: the ever changing policies which are not communicated until something is done incorrectly
A typical day is catching up on all current research out from Asia and Europe.
I haven't really learned anything new since being here which is unforunately a big issue for me.
Great colleagues to work with everyone doing their part in getting thru the day.
The hardest part of my job is feeling like i can add so much more value but have no real mentor – more... to push me there.
The best part of my job are the people! – less
Productive business oriented environment.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2012
Pros: pro technology oriented.
Cons: still adjusting to lehman bros. aquisition
Trading Floor Desktop Support resource for 500+ Equities staff at Nomura‚Äôs New York headquarters. Daily support of desktop & LAN technologies; desktop, laptop, PDA/RIM devices (Blackberry), & 3rd party financial applications. MS Active Directory, MS Exchange e-mail & RAS/VPN support. Incident tracking through NSAM Remedy Help Desk. Bloomberg, Reuters – more... Plus/3000/XTRA. Deployment Team Member for firm-wide Global Desktop Project (GDP/Genesis) in the New York Headquarters. Team member for firm wide rollout of Cisco cameras, as well as supporting the build-out of the new 75,000 SF/600+ person trading floor for the Equities Division in 2010. – less
Satisfactory
Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2012
There is very little room for advancement here and compensation has not been competitive. Lay-offs have been constant.
Tech Support
Lead Computer Operator, RJE Site (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2012
In my capacity, I am responsible for installing Bloomlink software, identifying and resolving technical vendor issues, timely responsiveness to calls, emails and personal requests, as well as, all technical difficulties and complaints; need to ensure timely resolution.