Nomura Securities International Employee Reviews

Positive Experience: Fast-paced environment, great work culture
Executive Assistant to Head of Global Market Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
Wonderful work culture- the company encourages work-life balance. This position was a challenging role, in a fast-paced environment
dying business with a poor culture
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2016
Great group of individuals unfortunately senior management isn't committed to the Americas and the business hasn't been doing well.
Work life balance is good
risk analyst (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 10, 2016
Work life balance is good at Operational Risk. However it's very hard to look for and move on to other opportunities in the firm given the size is small. The most challenging part of the job is working with multiple groups to close out a risk event.
Great place to work with unique opportunities
Senior Principal Developer - Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
Great opportunities to work directly with the business. Benefits were fantastic with unparalleled healthcare plan. The people I worked with are friendly and helpful.
Good work/life balance
Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
Good work/life balance. Great compensation. There is a lot of room for growth and ability to work side by side with senior management.
Productive Workplace
Analyst/Administration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
I learned a lot during my time there. The people I worked amongst were wonderful. It was an exciting place to work. No one day was the same as the next. Each day was a new adventure.
Satisfactory
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2012
There is very little room for advancement here and compensation has not been competitive. Lay-offs have been constant.
Environment Highly stressful
Executive/Sales Assistant to the Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
I worked at Nomura after the blow up of Lehman brothers and it was like working at a start up as we were just starting to build out the Americas business franchise. For those of us that came in early there was a high pressure to get things off the ground which was exciting but also met with lots of tension at all levels
Pros
Coffee
I worked at Nomura Securities International in the Human Resources Department.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Nomura Securities International Inc. Human Resources Department positions held - Assistant Vice President, Director of Human Resources, Senior Recruiter
Nomura
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2015
Nomura was a great environment to work in. What I liked the most was an openness to communicate. There were many opportunities for promotions as well.
Pros
Open to communication and suggestions
Cons
New open work spaces are terrible and many of the employees did not like them
Very entrepreneurial at the outset, changed rapidly
Executive Director - Electronic Trading (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2013
Enterprising, broad responsibilities.
Got a chance to innovate in a rapdily changing, exciting market structure environment
Immediate management was great. HO management is very haphazard, non-connected.
No security
Nothing was hard - resources were made avaialble easily.
The ability to innovate was the best part about the job in the first 2 1/2 years that I was there. Things went rapidly downhill since then.
Productive business oriented environment.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2012
Trading Floor Desktop Support resource for 500+ Equities staff at Nomura’s New York headquarters. Daily support of desktop & LAN technologies; desktop, laptop, PDA/RIM devices (Blackberry), & 3rd party financial applications. MS Active Directory, MS Exchange e-mail & RAS/VPN support. Incident tracking through NSAM Remedy Help Desk. Bloomberg, Reuters Plus/3000/XTRA. Deployment Team Member for firm-wide Global Desktop Project (GDP/Genesis) in the New York Headquarters. Team member for firm wide rollout of Cisco cameras, as well as supporting the build-out of the new 75,000 SF/600+ person trading floor for the Equities Division in 2010.
Pros
pro technology oriented.
Cons
still adjusting to lehman bros. aquisition
Currently a very hard environment to me in with everyone walking on egg shells
Sales Assistant European Equity Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2012
A typical day is catching up on all current research out from Asia and Europe.
I haven't really learned anything new since being here which is unforunately a big issue for me.
Great colleagues to work with everyone doing their part in getting thru the day.
The hardest part of my job is feeling like i can add so much more value but have no real mentor to push me there.
The best part of my job are the people!
Pros
online theatre/sports discounts and as well as discounts for local gyms
Cons
the ever changing policies which are not communicated until something is done incorrectly
Nice place to work!
Vice President, Institutional Japan Equity Sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2013
Getting in the office at 7am and leave at 7pm. Spend 30% client interaction, 40% processing requests, and 30% revenue management. Co-workers are very cooperative and we help each other. I like this culture.
Japanese bank that wants to be more like bulge bracket
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
Senior management doesn't know what they are doing. Everyone works hard.
lot of upside potential when I initially joined in 2009
Head of US Reference Data IT Services (Current Employee) –  New York, New YorkFebruary 13, 2014
I've achieved all I can at this firm. There are some challenges the firm continues to face upon which I will not be in the equation to help resolve, therefore I need to move on.
Go elsewhere
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Not a place I would refer a friend to. Management doesnt have a clear vision for the firm, and comp structure is always changing mid year.
Tech Support
Lead Computer Operator, RJE Site (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2012
In my capacity, I am responsible for installing Bloomlink software, identifying and resolving technical vendor issues, timely responsiveness to calls, emails and personal requests, as well as, all technical difficulties and complaints; need to ensure timely resolution.
A great place to work
Associate, Expense Management & Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
A great place to work. Have been here 11 years. Love the people and culture and opportunities.
Japanese Investment Bank
Energy Investment Banking - Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2013
I experienced typical investment banking work for Nomura's oil and gas group in Houston. It's exactly what you would expect though half of the group was in New York - I'm not sure if this is still true.

2.9