Nomura Securities Employee Reviews

Good Risk management area
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Nomura has a strong Risk management area. I have gained very strong and in-depth experience in Securitization Products. As Risk Manager for SP, the roll was very challenging and very rewarding.
Pros
Good Risk department
Cons
short time off
Senior Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2015
Great place to work,
Great place to work,
Learned a lot here at Nomura.
Great training and benefits
Many challenges in a good way
Pros
Cons
No cons
not too caring
Security Driver for CEO, Staff and guests (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2015
The company was generous but management was not lead in the correct fashion. Building location was difficult to arrive to. Co workers were great. Language barrier was a problem. They have a great cafeteria .
Nomura Securities
High Yield Sales/Trading/Research (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
Loved working for and with others, my coworkers were hard working executives that treated everyone with respect all within a large company. I met a lot of interesting people, learned the ins and outs of all aspects of each dept. I really liked doing things for others when in a bind, I felt that I contributed and in return was rewarded for working as a team player. Everyone was willing to teach you something new, or how they did it, advancing was easy and everyone was behind you cheering you on, At times the job was difficult only because there are so many personalities and I had to juggle and figure out how to respond to each one, but managed to do so and it turned out great. I hope that I can find a workplace similar to this one, we had a lot of laughter, to me its like the one that got away.
Pros
close to everything, culture, people. healthcare, 401k.
See Resume
Director, Deputy General Counsel (Former Employee) –  NYCJune 2, 2014
See attached resume. It was a temporary assignment prior to the NFL
a typical day at work
Facilities/Maintenance -Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2014
• Worked one-on-one with clients to resolve building maintenance issues
• Received Certificate of Recognition for dedicated service to the company
• Oversaw other maintenance workers and handled confidential documents
• Corresponded with managers from different companies to expedite service and maintenance requests
• Cleaned building floors by sweeping, mapping, scrubbing and vacuuming
• Washed and treated surfaces using appropriate supplies and cleaners
• Reported any damages or hazardous areas with loose wires broken glass or other items
Nomura is a great place to work full of excitment and fast paced atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York CityNovember 18, 2013
Nomura is a financial security company in New York City which completely formed me as worker and provided room for growth in the company. A typical day at work would be reconciling accounts, assisting the VP with spreadsheets and presentations, and maintaining budgets for the department outside of all administrative assistance duties. The administrative duties I needed to comply with were schedule arrangements, conference meetings, and travel arrangements for Vice President. I learned all of these duties over time and was advanced in different departments because of all the knowledge I acquired assisting the VP.
The management at Nomura were like family, provided multiple opportunities to advance and compensated the workers frequently.
My coworkers were team players and working together was the only way to accomplish our goals in high tasked environment.
My challenging part of the job was finishing heavy volume days of the company which weren't frequent. These days included fast work in a short amount of time but this did not happen often.
The job in general was very fast passed and never dull. Working with Nomura did not feel bothersome or like work. It was highly enjoyable!
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2013
Nomura has a great legal department. All the attorneys work together and everyone is very nice and helpful. A great work culture. Couldn't ask for better supervising attorneys.
Traditional workplace with very lean corporate structure
Senior Analyst, Dodd Frank Regulatory Reform (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2013
Overall Nomura has been an excellent place to work. Great work-life balance and lots of great people to work with. People are serious about their jobs, but relaxed as well when it comes to daily interactions. The entrepreneurial spirit is real and even junior people have the amazing opportunity of working with high-level Managing Director level people. The feel is a flat structure. Because of this lean corporate structure, if you take advantage of it, not only will you have the chance to know people more closely, but you'll learn tons of information and management styles that you otherwise wouldn't have. Moving vertically or laterally is pretty tough though.
Pros
flat structure, lots of responsibilities, get to learn a ton
Cons
moving between groups takes a lot of effort, everything is much more personal since the groups are much smaller
slow to change - culture is stuck in the past
Portfolio Analyst & Trader (Former Employee) –  ny, nyMarch 4, 2013
The company lacks follow through and an informed sense of risk vs. reward.
Pros
access to cheap funding
Cons
culture
fun place to learn the in's and outs of datacenter operation
OT Facilities/Datacenter Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, New JerseyAugust 20, 2012
update Datasheets from previous night crew installs
make sure all new installs are documented
immediate supervisor was a pleasure to work with
rest of the team worked well together and kept a happy outlook
keeping up with all the install tickets and schedualing them
working with people that cared about their work
Pros
large datacenter, good people
Cons
stress and unrealistic timetables
Typical Japanese work cultuer
Consultant- Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2012
High turn-over of employees due to lack of career prospects
Productive and fun place to work.
Broker - Dealer Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2012
I enjoyed working in Nomura Securties I learned a lot. I loved the fast pase of this job.
Exposure to all aspects of international investment banking
Extern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2012
• Examined several regulations promulgated under Dodd-Frank Title VII affecting the Fixed Income Division.
• Assisted with pre-implementation of the CFTC external business conduct rules for SDs and MSPs.
• Designed a flowchart applying the scenario analysis provision of the business conduct rules.
• Reviewed the CFTC final rule on segregation of cleared swaps customer collateral.
• Reviewed the CFTC final rule on registration of SDs and MSPs.
• Conducted an analysis to determine whether the proposed Volcker Rule applies to Nomura Securities.
• Attended frequent regulatory reform and global fixed income plenary sessions.
• Conducted a due diligence review of the distributor agreements used in Europe, Asia, Japan, and the Americas.
• Researched ERISA 408(b)(2) fee disclosure and proposed matters to include in a standard form of disclosure.
• Reviewed basic company law comparisons between the Cayman Islands, Ireland, and the British Virgin Islands.
• Attended webinar on “The Jobs Act: Implications for Capital Markets Professionals.”
• Completed internal Nomura Compliance Training Course Assignment.
highly political
Vice president (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2012
you end up worrying about politics rather than the job. could be true of all jobs, but this place in particular -- at least in the group i was in.