ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Maintains CEO’s calendar and coordinates activities internally and externally; keeps CEO apprised of meeting dates and appointments; independently prepares related materials and makes travel arrangements.
- Provides general administrative support to Programs Department, in particular, development activities.
- Composes internal and external correspondence, including letters, memos and presentations
- Screens incoming calls, visitors, correspondence and mail of CEO
- Develops competency with the database
- Inputs patient and donation information into database
- Completes special projects or assignments
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor or AA Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant
- Experience in meeting preparation and group travel from inception to completion
- Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact effectively across department lines and with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently and to influence others and resolve issues
- Ability to work independently without supervision or direction
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment to sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner
- Effective multitasking skills while maintaining strong attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to learn and use database
Additional Experience not required, but helpful:
- Development/Fundraising Coordination
- Data Entry
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Polished, professional appearance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others