Non-Profit Organization Employee Reviews

I love it, met a lot of nice people.I was able to use my creative talents and to help others,working for this company gave me a great way to give.
Daily Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2015
My review, it was very rewarding to be a part of something great in giving back to the community. I helped a lot of Nashvillians in taking part in sharing what they love to do and also being informative to the community.
This is my own organization
Founder of Happy Shelter Pets (Current Employee), san diegoJuly 22, 2015
I can only say good things about this non-profit organization as I founded it. I help shelter pets in need by providing them donated toys, food and other care items.
Director
Director (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 22, 2015
• Organize mentoring events for girls ages 14-18.
• Facilitate guest speaker’s presentations.
• Schedule and monitor outings and activities for Teens.
• Tutor and mentor students.
• Organize and facilitate self-esteem workshops.
• Arrange college campus visits for high school juniors and seniors.
very educational environment
Founder (Current Employee), kansas city, moJuly 16, 2015
Pros: working with others and helping youth
Cons: not enough time to help everyone
I go around to different schools and try to implent our mentoring program in the district. i learned im not going to be able to help everyone. my team is strong and always willing to build and try to find a way to help.
Enriching and rewarding multi-cultural environment.
Virtual Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MassachusettsMarch 8, 2015
The MOER Foundation, Inc. (Making Our Environment Right) has been such a rewarding experience. This non-profit organization helps communities around the world, providing them with information, supplies, and tools needed to sustain the environment and provide supplies and services to communities, mainly youth.
new organization
ButterFly Souls Youth Development (Current Employee), dickinson, TXFebruary 13, 2015
great workers, good communication but they are still trying to get it off the ground. I think the company is going to be a great success in the long run.
Productive and versitile
Office/Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: some areas have limited growth
Good Company. Always an opportunity to learn. Work is volunteer but the spiritual growth and wisdom I have acquired is life changing.
Excellent opportunity
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee), San Clemente, CAJanuary 2, 2015
I love the fact that I can help people. And having had this experience was amazing.
fun work place but very stressful to handle the victims
Executive Office Administrator (Former Employee), Artesia, CAAugust 12, 2014
Live life everyday as there is more in life to enjoy than sorrow
Very creative and fun environment
Vice President (Current Employee), margate flJuly 14, 2014
Its a group for Women that get together monthly to conduct different life changing activities and projects. This is something I currently volunteer my time and abilities. Our goal is to have a funded facility for women that are homeless or come from domestic violence to be able to stay there and us The women's hour volunteers to provide them with assistance with their resumes help with the trauma etc.
Working for a great company!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2014
I personally loved working for this company. It had a great atmosphere and wonderful people.
A creation of my own
NPO President/Founder (Former Employee), Junction City, KSJune 25, 2014
A typical day: Planning and scheduling was done at the beginning of the month and then a few days in between of adjustments. I would monitor our social media, sometimes design graphics for flyers or promotional materials. Making phone calls or answering e-mails from the sponsors and other organizations like mine.

What I learned: I managed every aspect of that organization and I've dealt with everything from defusing anger to banking issues- the greatest lessons come in threes. First: Always think before you speak, Second, Lead as you want followed (never ask anyone to do something that you wouldn't do) and Third, Sleep on every big decision.

Management: I was my own boss, sometimes management was lenient and sometimes management was terrible. Working for myself taught me how to balance my time wisely.

Co-Workers: We were all roller derby girls. Skaters are joined like a sisterhood, so we had our highs and lows like any other family, but that's what we were/are: a family.

Hardest part of the job: Defining when it was time for me to take off the "boss" hat and just be done for the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Watching each individual grow as skaters, individuals, and as leaders in the community.
Productive and Fun
Pet Sitter (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJJune 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no money
It was just me volunteering to do things in my community and most of all for my community.
President/Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 29, 2014
Youth-Teen is Non-Profit organization which helps newly arrived kids from refugee camps with homework assistance, after-school programs and cultural activities as a way of promoting their mutual understanding of diversity and interactions. We also do Basketball and Soccer to engage them in fun, physical fitness, enjoy playing in a team format with friends and peers, and learn to become responsible adults.
Love working here
Secretary/Finances (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMay 15, 2014
Pros: great work inviroment
Cons: no monetary compesation
Working for this organization, but I do volunteer work for them. I need an income.
I enjoyed learing how Non-for-Profits benefits a community.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program as an intern (Former Employee), Rutland County United Way.April 15, 2014
I learn how important Non-Profit organizations are within a community and how important being a Board Member is to the stability of the Non-Profit Organization.
Rewarding
CFO (Current Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYApril 3, 2014
A rewarding place to work that I enjoy but have reached the limit for growth.
Working with positvie people.
Supervisor (Current Employee), College Park, GAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: helping others that in need.
Cons: dedicating time for no income.
Great learning experience dealing with all types of cultures.
Office Manager (Volunteer)
Volunteer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 26, 2014
Handling incoming and out going calls, scheduling appointment, Arranging traveling schedules. Balance bank account and train additional volunteers. I learned how to be more organized. The hardest part of the job was to see people leave because they were not willing to do the hard work to get what they needed. The most enjoyable part was meeting need people, and helping them.
very productve at times, winter months are slow for testing
HIV Counselor & Tester (Former Employee), Plainfield, NJFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: knowledge
although i wasnt not able to advance i think this is a great place to gain experience and knowledge in HIV/AIDS