Non Profit Organization

Non Profit Organization Employer Reviews

Great intentions but poor business structure
Staff (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great clients
Cons: rather not say
great intentions but poor management/business structure
Very fun & rewarding.
Mentor Coordinator (Current Employee), Franklin, TNApril 22, 2014
Pros: huge self fulfillment and personal growth.
Cons: that there are not more people to volunteer with this program to help these women.
I have been with Leaving The Cocoon since 2007. I have found so much pleasure and joy working with this organization. In 2010 they offered me a position as Mentor Coordinator; which I gladly accepted. This position consisted of keeping in touch with the Mentors on a monthly basis and logging their progress with the women they were/are paired up with – more... to mentor as they are released from prison or jail back into the community. Once the grant for this position ran out; I then went back to volunteer status and are still with them today. – less
Youth Advocacy and youth development program
CEO/President (Current Employee), Washington Metropolitan AreaDecember 16, 2013
Pros: very rewarding work
Cons: searching for funding
Designed a curriculum to speak to the needs of today's youth. Conduct motivational seminars and workshops geared toward developing the social skills and talents in the lives of our youth. Establish community partnerships with local organizations and businesses to support the youth within the local community.
Identified with the values of the organization
International Business Developer for USA (Current Employee), Miami FloridaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: benefits
The opening of operations in a new country is something that has to be planed, and my actual organization, culturally Spanish organizations doesn't make this kind of plans and it was hard.
Enjoy the free gym during lunch
Software Tester (Current Employee), Washington DcSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: free gym
Cons: short breaks
a typical work day. wake up, catch train, work, gym, work, catch train and home again.
This Non Profit focuses on developing, serving, supporting and stimulating leaders.
Board Vice President (Current Employee), Indian Trail, NCAugust 28, 2013
A typical day involves responding to issues, making decisions, developing people and managing day to day responsibilities. This is a part-time operation requiring a full time commitment. The hardest part of any day is having to make difficult people decisions and dealing with rejection. The most enjoyable part is seeing the growth in people.
Intern Translator under the Postgraduate Program
Internship (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTJuly 1, 2013
This was a super intensive Internship I realized the academic year 2011-2012 during my postgraduate studies. I had the chance to work for a Non Governmental Organization (Clowns Without Bordres) and the experience is unforgetable. I was in charge of translating documents of the Organization from Spanish into English. I was also responsible for the Proofreading.
productive, researh, and a good place to work
Administration manager (Former Employee), La Lima, Honduras (FHIA)June 6, 2013
Pros: revision and increase salaries every year, one month vacations, life insurance, school for kids and training and teaching in diferents areas
Cons: n/a
My first job there was a Audit manager and later chief in General administration and finance.
Accounting, Finance
Volunteering in different; (MAHA; Haiti Doctors) (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 29, 2013
Prepare marketing Budget for the Haitian Doctors;
Teaches First time buyers class at MAHA for first time buyers
President Of Colombian Association.
President (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 18, 2013
Pros: provided cloth, groceries, money to new people in town, etc
Meeting with members to organize events in order to collect profit to help Colombian people in needs.Learned how to organize, get new friends, management and the most exiten part the celebration.
Help Colombian people to get together with our culture, and needs
Company fosters team work.
Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: multiple annual events
Company is broken down into different teams and cross training between teams is fostered.

Employees are great to work with, very personable.

Management is open to new ideas and creative ways to increase job retention.
Comfortable, casual dress. Fun but relaxed atmosphere.
Office and Activities Helper - Volunteer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2012
Nice paced environment. Plenty to do, but not overwhelming. In this position, I have learned the importance of interacting with people on a social or personal level so that each person feels valued. Doing a job well is important, but people are more important than anything.
Social non profit Organisation
Director (Current Employee), PuneOctober 13, 2014
My own organisation and is good to spend sometime in social activities.
Work and Life Balance
Senior Financial Analyst/Business Coordinator (Former Employee), OrngeJune 2, 2014
Accomplished and results oriented with integrity, confidence, trust and respect for all; Adjustable with a good balance to work with teams or as an individual player
Milan
Training area manager (Current Employee), Milan, ItalySeptember 9, 2013
Pros: autonomy in time management, opportunity to develop ideas and projects
Cons: very bad general organisation
In 12 years of experience in nonprofit sector, I developed different skills; project management, fundraising, communication, budget administration. My typical day is a multitasking presence;
- front office in the morning (managing the customer service group, working with phone numbers and emails), back office in the afternoon (archiving papers and files, – more... updating databases of about 150 associations and 5000 people);
- project management in public sector (Milan Municipality, Lumbardy Region, foundations); projects about immigration, youth program, training on business strategic development for nonprofit professionals. Average 250K annual budget.
Environment is very casual but demanding, with groups of men and women, young and old people. Most enjoyable part is the big available space for personal initiative; unfortunately, italian nonprofit usually suffers a lack of management, and personal initiative produces a chaotic process.. – less