non profit Employee Reviews in United States

Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 21, 2016
We offered an affordable phone service to both residential and businesses.
I was given the opportunity to interact with businesses around the Austin area and improve their communication system/process
Pros
Meeting new business owners
The Place to be!
Professional Nanny (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJuly 10, 2016
My day consisted of business from the second I started my shift. Children and babies need every ounce of attention and care that is humanly possible. I learned that the proper love, care, and attention is extremely important in the early years of life. I constantly had to be on my toes and wanted to teach these babies and kids to be smart and alert with their current developement stage. The hardest part of the job was not having a social life with adults. The most enjoable part of the job was falling in love with these kids and seeing them so joyful and learn so much was by far priceless.
Pros
Experiencing so much joy and love.
Cons
Dirty Diapers.
Loved it. Love working one-on-one with people
Pesident (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MO;June 22, 2016
Loved the Foundation for Entrepreneurial Excellence. Met so many good people who had a dream and helped them to reach their goals, still get emails from many of them. God Bless them.
Pros
A true sense of accomplishment
Work day
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people on a team.
You learn from co-workers a different perspective on how things can be done differently.
good people
Director of Administration/Special Events (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMay 1, 2016
to be patience
Good Co worker, each has it own responsible that make the organization flow smoothly
Not enough help, lot of work with low pay
Helping people
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Low Pay
Profesionnalism
President and Founder (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2016
Receiving all available jobs in different locations as well as locations of client interest.
Details about the job, salary, and responsibilities
continuation of e-mailing about avaialble jobs almost daily
Pros
easy to find the desired jobs
Cons
occationally e-mailing about unrelated jobs
Quite and productive work place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 14, 2016
-Calm, flexible and routine work environment
-Building toward being a better receptionist
-Management is pretty easy going and the job is somewhat selfexplanatory
-Co-workers are easy going and driven when it comes to work
-The hardest part of this job is just having to pick one good spot to have lunch/dinner
-The most enjoyable part of this job is the overall fact that the people I come in to contact w/ are job searching and the company I work for is able to do job placement if one meets the qualifications
Pros
Able to meet a diverse group of people, Temp to Hire positions, Variety of places to eat lunch and It's a close nit working community.
Cons
No cons as of now
This is a ministry where I myself am the administrator. I see a person in need, I decide if I take it on to help and how.
Personal Care Taker (Former Employee) –  Titusville, PAApril 13, 2016
I enjoy helping others, and want to make sure others needs are met. I find I listen for someone who is in need of help, or can't afford a ticket to a convention with others, I have bought with my own finances, as that is how this ministry runs, by my job income. This is tough for me to write my own review, as I only serve on a see needs basis, it is no set job that I will do, it is just seeing needs and wanting to help whenever.
Pros
I can pick and chose what work to do.
Cons
Funding comes from my own purse, and can be a huge sacrifice at times.
Counseling Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 11, 2016
Provide individual and group counseling to residents who have physical and cognitive impairments. This was my full-time internship for my Master's in Community Counseling.
interesting people to work with plus I have learn a lot of social experience
Marketing Specialist/Vice-chairwoman (Former Employee) –  Praha, TXApril 9, 2016
Submitting the strategic plan with the managing director
following individual steps
communication with local authorities
creating programs for teaching classes
creating graphic designs for flyers to each event
Kitchen cleaning with at time restroom as well
Open Door Ministry (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 5, 2016
I like working and I think work days can be challenging. making a work day the best is when I can smile and say Good Morning to managers and others. I learned that volunteering can help influence other managers to hire me because I believe being motivated is a perfect role model for others. With my position I can one day become a manager using my leadership strengths. I think nothing hard about work only I have that agreement. I can do it; I can get enough sleep and be on time each day. I find the most like part is that I was hired.
Very enjoyable
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 24, 2016
- Veriety. Phones, customers and receiving delerables,etc.
- Quickly learned, new software, new ways to make job task more efficient.
- Get along great with management, and have received quality information from them.
- Great repor and a respected relationship with my co-workers.
- Sometimes not having enough time for the last minute needs,
- Being trusted and relied upon, and called to come in and adie in extra help on task.
Pros
Rewarding-Received 4 Awards for outstanding work.
Cons
Not being allow to offer extra of your on time to help with deadlines.
Awesome Experience
Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 23, 2016
Pretty good experience to get hands-on experience as a student consultant working for non-profit organizations.Highly recommend students to apply.
Kitchen manager
Free-Meals Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94102March 20, 2016
Great work, I learned that giving back is the greatest work in the world. I will never do any other work. We helped lots of people in need everyday.
Pros
work for the people
Cons
Didn't get paid but got to network and travel.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 22, 2016
For a volunteer Job I enjoyed giving the rest of my free time to help a nonprofit. This nonprofit deals with the environment and peace among nations. I helped build the website, create videos, advertise, Photoshop, and set up conferences overseas and within the US. I have to start making money even though the nonprofit was fun to work for and help out.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No pay
Highly organized, efficient, with strong values
Member (Former Employee) –  Patterson, NYFebruary 15, 2016
The quickest and most progressive personal growth experience anyone can ever obtain. The most discplined staff with strong motivation to always give your best performance.
Excellent mentorship
Graphic Designer and Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, VTFebruary 14, 2016
I was mentored and given golden advice during my time at Digital Wish. The staff there created who I am today as a professional.
current role
Program Staff (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 3, 2016
I currently work from home for Quicken Loans. I am part of the home owners department. It is a fun place to grow. They are a big company and provide bonus opportunities and teach you skills when it comes to refinance and purchasing.
Getting Job done
Lead Community Org (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day on the job , usually begins first thing at work time. If the phones start ringing early, busy day,but that is what keeps a
place in business. Every day is going to be an easy going day. I hI can get along with any one of my co-workers, and If I can help them I will more than glad to help.

Hardest part if everyone doesn't keep their duties up daily
Most enjoyable part, if you see someone needs help, or a few words of encouragement.
Pros
Good Co-workers, Good Economy, Good Working environment
Cons
Having to eat Lunch at Desk in front of a room of people
Productive and great community service work
President (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2016
It has been great servicing the community. Helping others has been very beneficial. We service the public as well as local veterans and indigent in the community.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
No pay

4.3