Noodles & Company Employee Reviews

Close group of coworkers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Great first job. Team members really care about each other. like working with family instead of strangers. Had a great time learning how to make the food and training others on how to do it. best part was that you are encouraged to learn every position which makes it easy when you needs more hours because you aren't limited to just coming in for a specific shift based on your position.
Nice place to work needs more management structure
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 7, 2017
Fun place the staff are nice, management needed tweaking and to have more communication. Very good concept, something was missing.
A rather busy and stable but stagnant workplace
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJanuary 7, 2017
I honestly thought I'd have a great first time there as my very first job. I was sadly mistaken. Once there I was immediately assigned to dishwashing and bussing because that was where everyone starts at (according to the manager). I don't think she entirely lied, but that also wasn't the truth. Lots of the employees were started on the cashier, the kitchen, cooking, and outright to management positions. But that wasn't bad. At least not as bad as the positions themselves. I don't know about my co-workers, but when I asked to train for a different position the first time, she told me "Thanks, I will consider it". Every other time I asked she diverted the question away. Also, I realized that the cashiers never really greeted anyone who came in. Most of the time they spoke in a flat tone. I KNOW that's not what employees should do for business.
Sanitation was also an issue, even with us ALL pitching in after hours. Everyone worked hard, but our manager appeared to overlook the same things usually. The hardest part of the job was actually having to leave those things be, which those things some customers actually noticed. Bad reviews followed, yet our manager still did nothing. Most enjoyable however, was the fact that it was relatively easy to work. Not much was expected of you other than fast and precise in the work place.
Pros
Low-priced meals.
Cons
Monotonous / flat day
More hours better pay
Cashier /cook/host/ server (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 6, 2017
Give more health dental vision paid vacation life insurance for employees raise. Give poeple who disable a better chance to learn.pays gibe more hours.
Pros
Better pay
Cons
Give more benfits
Productive and great place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day at work is full of orders being yelled back and forth and a scurry to get each meal out in under 6 minutes and the delivery order done correctly. However, there is still joking around and fun that can be felt in the atmosphere even during the most hectic of days.

I learned mostly about time management and precision. You have to determine who's meal is going to be served first and, even during rush hour, how to make each meal correctly and exactly how the customer wants it.

My co-workers were alright. Most of them were easy to talk to and fun to get along with. There were a couple of managers who were negative because of their long shifts, but overall the surrounding people were great!

The hardest part of the job was managing how the customer asked for their food. Because Noodles & Company enjoys serving the customer exactly what they want, we do special orders. Since we do this, we have to double check and make sure the meal comes exactly the way the customer wants it, rather than the ingredients it normally comes with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to meet new people and learn to cook. It allowed me to witness different perspectives on ideas we each had, lean how various backgrounds came together and created an atmosphere most enjoyed, and first hand understand and learn how to create each dish to perfection.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts during the days we didn't work, long breaks
Cons
A couple of negative managers, last minute scheduling.
fair
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 3, 2017
typical day at noodles n company were simple (prebowl, and cook)
i learned to cook the food at a fashionable time and work well with my co-works. the hardest part of the job was making sure we had enough prebowls, you never knew when the customers were going to start a food rush.
fast environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day at noodles and company was usually very busy, i learned how to handle cash and how to meet customers needs before your own. I am very glad to know the basics such as keeping a clean work space and to always carry yourself presentable.
Pros
discounts, breaks
Cons
management was kind of sloppy, coworkers that were not professional, rude to customers at times
Great People
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 2, 2017
The company is great to work for. It taught me all i needed to know about the business side of running a restaurant. I Appreciate the opportunities that were available to me. If you work hard and show dedication they do reward you.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Compensation and Paid time off
Good job for teens
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 30, 2016
This place is a face pace moving job and always being on your feet. You serve and help customers. I learned how to cook and project my voice a lot more. Co-workers are more students looking for their job that is flexible with their schedule. Hardest part is when it's lunch time or dinner time and trying to serve everyone. Met some amazing people there and food is delicious!
Needs Improvement
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 28, 2016
The management store and employees all need improvement. Cutting people hours every other week. They need to start over and make the store better. Make the job fun.
Cons
No benefits
An all around great environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Fox Point, WIDecember 26, 2016
Great vibes and all around place to work. Workers are always willing to help and be there in the time of need. It's a wonderful place to work if you are a fast paced and organized individual
Pros
Understanding, caring and high pace!
Cons
Understaffing shifts
They did not help me at all
Cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 21, 2016
There was no where I could go in the company, and they made me late for school almost everyday. Terrible company, I wouldn't recommend working there.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Terrible hours
Postive work culture with the ability to move up
Assitant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 21, 2016
I've been with Noodles and Company for Two years. This company provides a solid working environment with their focus being to promote within the company for individuals whom display the work ethic and desire to be successful within their four walls.
Pros
Quick advancement, competitive pay per market, fun environment
Cons
long hours, little work life balance for managers
fun work place
Kitchen, dish washer, cashier and server (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 21, 2016
I learned how to work with customers.
I also learned how to multi task and handle peer pressure during rush hour.
I enjoyed working with the people around me because they are really helpful when managers weren't.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
short breaks, managers are not flexible
very good
cross train cashier/ (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 20, 2016
I have enjoyed my time working with noodles & company. I get along with team as well as the management . I love the team experience we have and how dependable the company is
Noodles
Cashier/ Expo (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2016
Good environment to work in. Good managers and fun employees to work with on a daily basis. Good training, easy to learn and opportunities to advance.
A great company with room to grow
Shift Manager/Sauté cook (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILDecember 17, 2016
The day consist of managing a team of employees to accomplish food variance and run a shift while practicing food safety.
Fun atmosphere. Everyone at noodles is a giant family. Everyone is a loyal hard worker.
Noodle grill (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCDecember 13, 2016
I love my co workers. The hardest part is prepping the food. There's a lot of prepping. Management is great. Sundays are usually the busiest in my understanding. Most enjoyable part of my job is making new friends and meeting new people.
Pros
70% discount during shift.
Cons
No breaks.
Fun Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at Noodles & Company, I grew in to a manager position fairly quick and began to learn a lot with inventory and cash handling.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Cooking
I wouldnt work here again
Ambassador, Server, Busser (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJDecember 10, 2016
This place is absolutely unorganized. It has jumped from 2 different managements. General Managers dont know how to treat their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noodles & Company. Our community is ready to answer.