Norandex Employee Reviews in United States

busy during summer and slow in winter
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Ceredo, WVMay 24, 2016
Pulling orders for customer so and making sure they are correct. make sure the contractor get there stuff on time. check in all material that comes in on the trucks.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
managerment
New ownership
Driver (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 16, 2016
The company has gone thru a transition. They have been bought out and the new company does not offer growth opportunities and does constant layoffs and sends employees home early to save on the company budget. When you have a family to take care of, you cant work for a company who does constant layoffs.
good to work for
Warehouse Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 11, 2015
hours are good.
management is understanding.
do have some overtime.
have to be good at talking to customers.
Benifits are good.
Norandex
Inside Sales/Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 17, 2015
I have worked at Norandex in the past and moved on for more growth and opportunity with a different company. I worked her for several years and obtained experince.
good place too work
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  williston vtSeptember 14, 2015
you work hard but you got a a lot of help.the people were nice off at night and home for weekend diver warehouse losding andunload tkr. by hand
Good place to work, fun enviroment
Driver customer service (Former Employee) –  roseville, mnJuly 30, 2015
you start off the day loading your truck for all the deliveries of the day, then you go deliver them all to nice clients. everyone you meet is pretty nice and the other workers are great people to work with. the hardest part is the hours in the summer where you don't get to see your family too much since your usually working pretty late but the pay check is worth is.
Pros
fun people
Cons
hours
Drive a 26 foot truck
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elyria OhioJuly 29, 2015
I loaded and unloaded trucks. Made deliveries to job sites, worked in the warehouse and pulled orders for customers and put stock away.
great work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 10, 2015
drove forlift and got all the stuff clients need when they came in to build a house. windows doors and nails.i learned alot
Warehouse/Company Driver
Warehouse/Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMarch 4, 2015
Hauled Windows, Siding and accessories and Doors- Full & Screen-size across New York and PA to contractors and main construction sites. Delivered and unloaded sometimes by myself. Retreved Cash and checks from customers and returned it to the branch.
Pros
always prepared to enjoy a jobsite, but that almost never happened
Cons
the new boss was a prince of the father of d---head land, always on my butt!
Great compensation for hard work.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 6, 2014
A business within a business. From the time you open your eyes to the time I pulled in the driveway, building relationships in this world was exciting.
From discerning the personality types and how to sell to each one was the challenge I needed..There is a psychology to selling on a professional basis. And then building upon that relationship was key to me being the top performer within my region.
My co workers and I worked as a team. Blitzing each others regions for the benefit of that regions sales person when a new product was introduced to our company.
There was not a hard part to this job. It was problem solving at its finest and succeeding
Which is the best part of the job exceeding and succeeding
Pros
treat clients to tours and dinners
Front desk Rep
Front desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 7, 2014
Take customer phone calls, manage customer accounts , office duties.
Norandex Reynold Building Products
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 2, 2014
I worked for this company for almost 18 years. The company was bought and sold a few different times. I started out working for Reynolds Aluminum but in the end the company was eventually bought by Norandex.

Great working environment. I had to leave for family personal reasons.

The company was very strong in the exterior build products business until the collapse of the housing market when many companies faltered due to the economy.

Inside and outside sales/ Branch Operations Manager. Worked very close with management and and a large customer base.
Fast paced work enviroment
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNMarch 24, 2014
Most of the day is spent preparing and loading eighteen wheeler trucks with bus assemblies for the next stage of manufacturing. Part of the day is reserved for inventory control and receiving. Over 60% of the day is spent on forklifts and stand-ups.
Best Job Ever
Delivery Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 22, 2014
The job was very routine. I learned and nearly obtained my forklift certification. My co-workers were the best group of guys I've ever worked with. The hardest part about my job was the lack of organization and bad management. The best part of the job was the costumers I became friends with.
Pros
the benefits
Excellent
OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 22, 2014
visiting customers at job sites and offices
quoting of material
interaction with customers
Horrible Executive Staff
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJuly 31, 2013
Same Exec Sales leadership for years and has dug us in a whole. Sales are so bad dont know how we keep afloat. Yet Execs get company cars and memberships to expensive golf courses. And of course the trips.

This company needs a good kick in the pants. No Sales and Marketing leadership. and our new CEO is only interested in golf.

Dont know how much longer i will have a job with this poorly run company.

Get with it already and stop wasting money!
Enjoyable place to work.
Branch Assistant Manager/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont TexasJuly 30, 2013
comfortable atmosphere at the branch level, Branch management was professional and treated customers with respect.
Pros
branch management
Cons
corporate management had little control over intermediate level staff.
below average work place unless you are management
Inside Sales Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WisconsinJuly 25, 2013
Was not happy with managements idea of customer service or chance for growth
Pros
none that i can think of
Cons
poor management and customer service practices
Forget about it!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tidewater, VirginiaJuly 10, 2013
Suckasses do great in this company! Buddy system is alive and well and it helps if you are a yes man and you can not think for yourself!
Pros
nothing!
Cons
nothing!
Incapable executive team. No direction to employees
Field mgt (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 29, 2013
With new CEO taking reigns company is going down hill. Wasting money on golf country club memberships and expensive meals. Sales are way down and continue to plunge. Desperately need new sales leader. Old one has been there to long with failure after failure.

I like the company but am so tired of poor leadership. I expect before too long I will lose my job when our branch closes due to not making moneys. So sad
Pros
free coffee. benefits.
Cons
executive team

2.9