Norbord Employee Reviews

Production
Outside operator (Former Employee), Jefferson, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Norbord re-opened a plant and made a lot of changes to better their quality of production. During the start up, I operated heavy eguipment and it was the first test I have had of my associates degree in Process Operations.
a refreshing place to work that expects you to go above the call of duty but makes it worth it by allowing each person to advance at their own pace.
Woodroom Technician (Former Employee), Kinards, SCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and pay
Cons: some very hard days
"Pay-for-Skills" says it all. Norbord allows you to come in on your days off and learn anything in any part of the mill that you are interested in, and when you do learn something new and can be a useful body in that department, they pay you for it! That was what I loved about Norbord. But to be completely un-biased, I have to let you know that there are days that you have to work so hard that it's almost necessary to take a nap in your car before driving home after your 12 hr. shift because you will be so tired.
Was a good place to work at the begining
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Kinards, SCApril 17, 2014
Was a good place to work until my boss left and then things went down hill
Great Benefits
Electrician (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Out dated equipment and resistant to change. But the benefits are the best to be had anywhere
great place to work
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Jefferson, TXJanuary 30, 2013
Norbord was a fantastic place to work. I learned alot from the guys that I worked with. I just loved to unload trucks.
Not an ideal place to work no holidays off
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Joanna, SCDecember 12, 2012
Pros: great hours
Cons: no lunch hour
No chance for advancement, power struggles,Not a lot of female workers . No holidays taken
College Program/Summer Temp
Process Support Laborer (Former Employee), Solway, MNApril 27, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: swing shift
I really enjoyed working there and the work day went by really fast. Each shift had a rotation on machinery which helped change up the type of work. Management was very good and helped out whenever I needed it.