Norbord Employee Reviews in United States

Best job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joanna, SCJune 17, 2016
I learned how to operate a lot of equipment & operations of the business. I didn't mind the hot or cold temps. I stayed really busy and that's what I like.
Deposit ny plant closed now
administrative support (Former Employee) –  Deposit, NYJanuary 17, 2016
The management was ridiculous at this site. Could never have sustained the way it was run.

On down days ( 14 hours straight at times) no breaks were allowed , no lunches. Men who had health problems were not even allowed a break.

They didn't like progress. When system use started to make an organizational improvement even the managers didn't like it . Cause they hadn't been able to make it happen themselves.
Pros
The coworkers were sometimes nice
Cons
The way it was run
Different culture very old school
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXDecember 23, 2015
Some of the people there has moved to the 20 century, But most still doesn't use e-mail and in some cases not even the computer.
Then maintenance mentality is safety gets in the way of getting projects done and is condoned by the general manager.

The benefits are ok but you are constantly hearing about how much it cost the company when you have to use the insurance.
Benefits
Working @ Norbord
Wood Yard Tech (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, TXMay 13, 2015
Pay and Benefits are Great , Good people as well as managment although a very high turn over rate cheap contract labor has taken it over. really great place. you must be flexible as they run lean on employees on your feet for 12 hrs +. never a dull moment
/ OSB plant.
Production
Outside operator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Norbord re-opened a plant and made a lot of changes to better their quality of production. During the start up, I operated heavy eguipment and it was the first test I have had of my associates degree in Process Operations.
a refreshing place to work that expects you to go above the call of duty but makes it worth it by allowing each person to advance at their own pace.
Woodroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Kinards, SCOctober 8, 2014
"Pay-for-Skills" says it all. Norbord allows you to come in on your days off and learn anything in any part of the mill that you are interested in, and when you do learn something new and can be a useful body in that department, they pay you for it! That was what I loved about Norbord. But to be completely un-biased, I have to let you know that there are days that you have to work so hard that it's almost necessary to take a nap in your car before driving home after your 12 hr. shift because you will be so tired.
Pros
excellent benefits and pay
Cons
some very hard days
Was a good place to work at the begining
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Kinards, SCApril 17, 2014
Was a good place to work until my boss left and then things went down hill
Great Benefits
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Out dated equipment and resistant to change. But the benefits are the best to be had anywhere
great place to work
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, TXJanuary 30, 2013
Norbord was a fantastic place to work. I learned alot from the guys that I worked with. I just loved to unload trucks.
Not an ideal place to work no holidays off
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joanna, SCDecember 12, 2012
No chance for advancement, power struggles,Not a lot of female workers . No holidays taken
Pros
great hours
Cons
no lunch hour
College Program/Summer Temp
Process Support Laborer (Former Employee) –  Solway, MNApril 27, 2012
I really enjoyed working there and the work day went by really fast. Each shift had a rotation on machinery which helped change up the type of work. Management was very good and helped out whenever I needed it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
swing shift