NORC Employee Reviews

okay
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2017
okay to work. it was fine. its okay. worked with people. talked on phone. made phone calls. took breaks, not enough hours of work. okay to work therer not longterm job goal
Overall
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87123March 25, 2017
Flexible work schedule, personal time management, great wage per hour. Will pay for training and is very understanding in personal matters if needs time off.
Overall Experience
NIS Inbound/Outbound Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2016
The job pay was ok. You are easily trained for various phone interviews. Free coffee and hot chocolate is really what keeps you awake in there.
Pros
Free coffee and hot chocolate
Cons
Management has terrible communication
Very Productive
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60603December 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be answering calls from people willing to complete a national immunization survey, the breaks were nice and the work environment was also very nice.
It was interesting
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2016
NORC overall was a nice experience because I had never been a locator before. I did not like the environment, for some reason everyone shared colds there.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hours, and Pay
nice environment
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2016
hard working environment with room to advance within the company. they had very flexible hours and plenty of overtime for employees. staff was committed to helping new hires learn everything there is to know about becoming a telephone interviewer
convinient location and flexible work schedule
Telephone Interviewer/Production Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2016
inbound outbound call center part time hours convinenient location in downtown area very flexible work schedule fast pace enviorment,thiers opportunity for growth and development
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
short quick breaks
productive
Provider Record Clerk/ Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2016
Hired through an temp agency, we were paid more than some of the workers that came straight through the company. Easy work.
Cons
short breaks, hot, mostly spanish language
Great Over All Company
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2016
A great company to work for and you work independently with your cases, but you have a lot support with Field Manager and Tech Support. The job assignment is ending for now.
Norc
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
This was a great place, very easy. If you knew all of your project knowledge and answers to frequently asked questions then that equals to a typical day at work.
Management and co-workers have their own agenda
Bilingual Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 30, 2016
Management is bias and constant treats for high production.
There's no room to grow or even a transfer to challenge other openings.
No sick or vacation benefits
Field and Regional Managers projects an attitude of superiority that turns off other employees.
Employee morale low - ending on a high turn over
Pros
Challenging job experience
Cons
Get to meet wonderful people
educational Job
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2016
I came in and sat at my desk. placed several phone calls to various different people to whom would share information about their child's immunization records to help with the CDC's statistics and study
Telephone Interviewer
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2016
A typical day working involves me signing into my computer, putting on my headsets, answer calls and also make them. I learned that the company don't care to much for employees . My co-workers are amazing. The hardest part of the job was trying to save break minutes. The most enjoyable part was that I could pick how many hours I wanted to work in a day.
n/a
Staffing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 21, 2015
No words can describe my typical work day or my experiences at National Opinion Research Center (not for profit). I would like to remain mutual, knowing that I performed my job well.
Great place to work but this job is not for everybody
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2015
Great place to work just wish we had more hours basically all you do is convince people to participate in different studies
Pros
WE CAN PICK UP AND SWAP AND TRADE SHIFTS
Cons
MAXIMUM HOURS 29 PER WEEK, OUR ONLY BREAKS INCLUDING BATHROOM BREAKS ARE 6 MINUTES TO EVERY HOUR WE WORK A DAY
this was just a way for me to maake money.
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  1 N state st Chicaho, IlOctober 30, 2015
This particular job I accepted just for the need of money, although I am grateful for the tools I have accumulated here as a telephone interviewer.
Pros
one sits all day
Cons
one gets bored quickly
Norc
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2015
At this job my duties was to call respondents on various social science studies. I learned about different studies and the management was excellent here. The hardest part was getting the respondents to participate in the study. The most enjoyable part of this job was talking to different respondents.
Pros
Flexible hours
Benefits
productive and very organized workplace.
Phone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
I believe that the hardest part of this job was the long waits in between calls. I ve learned that if you set goals, no matter what you do ,you will meet them. the most enjoyable part of this job was that i can go on break at anytime i want.
Pros
paid training's, and great pay.
Cons
they don't really work with your schedule.
Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
I love working at this productive, fast paced place of business. The people work at a team there. A typical day is getting out current events and making sure the floors are running smoothly.
Another form of telemarketing
Market Survey Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Just don't work here if you aren't a fan of being auto-dialed for something because this place specializes in it. They conduct CDC surveys pertaining to childhood immunizations but the average person isn't looking forward to being on the phone for 20 or more minutes to do an immunization survey, so look elsewhere for employment. They also still pay minimum wage.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8