NORC Employee Reviews

Data Entry
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
Entered Data for transcripts from colleges and universities all over the country. The office atmosphere was cold. People weren't very friendly . Management are clueless and condescending.
Pros
Very Convienent to commute
Cons
Couldn't go to the bathroom. You will be docked with your pay
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work, educational, fun, meet people from around the world, research , collaborative, respectful, great leadership, the quality of work is top notch
Pros
Learning atmosphere
Cons
Assignment ended
jsn
INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2018
Great work place. Just kind of slow paced for my liking. Mostly sitting the whole day. Very relaxing environment. Everyone gets along. Also strict rules.
Glass ceiling is needs some Windex!
Security Systems Engineer/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2017
There's a lot of work but unfortunately management has to substantiate their exist by scheduling endless amount of meetings. This was the worst part..On the other hand the work was challenging and made the days go by fast. We were able to make a positive difference in the world at large though our collwctive efforts.
Fair, Dierse
Customer service/telephone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2017
A typical day in NORC was very quiet and busy. I learned how to have patience. The management was very informative. The workplace itself was very diverse. The hardest part of the job was Not being able to succeed in the different phone calls, The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff members.
Good part time job
Telephone Interviewer/Refusal Converter (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 4, 2017
Great part time job. Easy to learn for the most part. Decent room for advancement. No room for more than 28 hours a week. Good management, not very hands on at all. Overall a great place to work PT.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
little hours
na
interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2017
Nice part time job just wasn’t paying enough so I had to find better pay. Customer service calling and having people do surveys every day . Great for college students that need some extra to do
norc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2017
it was an ok place to work a. there was a lot of favoritism. Hours were good. This is a good place to gain experience, not a place to stay working for a long time
Worst job ever
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 10, 2017
Worst management ever, get ready to get a write up if someone asks you for help because the managers don’t pay attention to them, so you help them to be nice but ‘your talking’ therefore that’s a write up. They intend to fire for any reason, at the end of the year they take away your hours and give you 2 hour shifts in one day. Desks are always dirty, if you want to have a clean desk you have to clean in during your break. Some of the team leaders don’t even know what they are doing, you ask a question and they have to get back at you because they don’t know anything. Mainly horrible management
great place to work
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 8, 2017
Very flexible schedule, ability to interact with all type of people in the community. Learned that all people are basically the same, same problems same joys, same issues. The hardest part of job was that it was part time. The management time was very helpful and always there for you when needed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
part-time
Workplace culture
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
It wasn't the right environment. It's not hard work. they just need better management and ways to communicate with the workers.If it were better managed, it might be a better place to work. Also has a very high turnover rate.
Pros
Picking the amount of hours you want to work
Cons
management
I like working there
Professional interviewer 111 (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
I like working there but I do not make enough money and they are very stingy with their raises. Favorites of the managers are obviously favored. There work environment is a call center. People I work with are nice people and they are very helpful.
Pros
Nice environment to work in
Cons
Do not reward the clients for their abilities
Fast paced environment great part-time work a student
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Relaxed work environment little to no direction on job outside of assignment for the day. Enhanced my customer service and data entry skills. Management wasn't very experienced and didn't set good examples. Chances for advancement were slim to none and very hard to obtain.
Pros
Cons
compensation
Productive fast- paced work place
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 13, 2017
At NORC you speak to hundreds of respondents on the daily basis. I learned to deal a lot of rejection, most of the people were not willing to take part in the social science research. You really had to be on your toes because it was call after call and every single one was a different kind of person and concern which i had to explain the survey for hoping they would be willing to take part in it. overall it was a great work environment where i learned a lot and sharpened my people skills and customer service skills
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No Benifits
Loved my job!
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2017
The work of providing programs and benefits to seniors was very rewarding! I was able to be creative with event planning, workshop ideas, publishing newsletters, creating flyers and finding resources for our members and all the residents we serve.
Pros
Rewarding job serving others
Cons
Company decided to downsize our office and delete my position.
took up tp 50-60 calls a day asking people about childhood imunitzations
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMAugust 25, 2017
would take inbound and outbound calls the whole day about child hood immunizations. easiest part was the calls would be really short. hardest part was it was too boring
Easy money but really not worth it
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
No movement, disorganized; very bad place to get ahead. People tend to get fired for little to nothing. People come and go as they please, as there is no direct management.
Ok place to work
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  1 north stateAugust 18, 2017
Norc was a pretty relaxed company where you had to complete long surveys, but the people were usually expecting us , and were mostly delighted to help oppose to the normal telemarketing where we were usually hung up on.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
not enough consistent hours
Productive and Easy going culture
Interviewer I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2017
Company promotes independence while addressing needs of their employees. Workplace culture is very easy going and promotes flexibility. Learned a lot about working on and apart of a team, while using various tactics and skills I never knew I had.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
healthcare
making phone calls
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 24, 2017
Only for those that can work in a small space. Can not take calls personally.
Be prepared for lots of rejection.
Staff is helpful and available.
Not recommended as a full time job.