NORC

NORC United States Employee Reviews

Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
I love working at this productive, fast paced place of business. The people work at a team there. A typical day is getting out current events and making sure the floors are running smoothly.
Another form of telemarketing
Market Survey Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Just don't work here if you aren't a fan of being auto-dialed for something because this place specializes in it. They conduct CDC surveys pertaining to childhood immunizations but the average person isn't looking forward to being on the phone for 20 or more minutes to do an immunization survey, so look elsewhere for employment. They also still pay minimum wage.
refreshing
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2015
this is definitely the company to pursue for employment! what a great company to be employed by. this was a great experience for me, I gained so much insight on the company and the city of Chicago. employers were always available to talk to at anytime about anything.
FAST PACE AND PRODUCTIVE
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
EMPLOYEES CONDUCT HIGH QAULITY INTERVIEWS ABOUT THE NATIONAL IMMUNIZATION SURVEY ON BEHALF OF THE CDC. OUR WORK HOURS ARE EXTREMLY FLEXIBLE WITH A 85 PERCENT ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT FOR EACH MONTH. ALTHOUGH SUPERVISORS AND PEER HELPERS ARE ALWAYS PRESENT , MAJORITY OF THE WORK IS DONE ALONE .
not the best job to have
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2014
Pros: set your own schedule
Cons: there was not enough hours for everybody
working here was ok but the hours were awful but it is ideal for a student because you pretty much set your own schedule. if you didn't get the hours when they were first posted then you miss out
im on time for work everyday
Data Entry of statistical Information (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2014
Pros: my co workers
Cons: didnt take time to show me the work
the hardest part was trying to gwt students back 9in the classroom for more education
A good place o work with nice people
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2014
Good place to work and schedule is flexible. Call center atmosphere and take incoming and outgoing calls
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: no benefits
typical work day was a meeting before we started to see who we needed to contact, also to find out if we have had any dissatisfied customers calling in.
It was an experience
PHONE INTERVIEWER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2014
I've learned to build better customer service skills, had great experience talking with customers. I absolutely love my coworkers
Produvtive work place conducting telephone interviews
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2014
I learned communication skills and how to conduct telephone interviews.
call center
Healthcare Interviewer (Former Employee), chicagoJune 30, 2014
you start and that's were you are staying for the rest of the job. There is no job advances.
Worked at NORC for a semester while attending school, great place.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2014
Pros: comprehensive and fair work place, hours, and attendance system.
Cons: located in downtown chicago, sometimes difficult to get to.
After high school I moved to Chicago and attended Harold Washington College for a semester. During this time I was employed with NORC (National Opinion Research Center). A typical day of work consisted of clocking in manually to your work station and setting it up. Then I would review the sample files in the system and start making calls around the United States. Management was extremely professional and everyone communicated well. I didn't get to know many of my co-workers while I was out there because I was so busy and focused on the job, but I never had a problem with anyone. Everyone seemed like good people, for sure. The hardest part of the job for me was the location - I had to travel an hour at times to get to work on time. This job helped me greatly with my communication skills.
Worst Experience ever
NIS PROFESSIONAL TELEPHONE INTERVIEWER (Former Employee), CHICAGO LOOP- 1 N STATE STMay 23, 2014
Cons: horrible management, no employee respect or consideration, they claim the breaks are paid but the lie detector test determined that was a lie
i did outbound calling. and they said we couldnt talk to our neighbors or use the mute button unless talking to a supervisor because they would be listening and customers might hear you. i stuck to the rules to the tee. i only drew which was killing me because everyone else was doing what they wanted. one day a guy chewed me out bad so after he hung up i mumbled something under my breathe and I got fired!!!!!! fOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck this petty aZZZZ company. i became homeless not even a full month after that. they claimed i broke their policy???? how if no one was on the telephone with me???? they had never had any problems out of me before so they fired me on my first mistake. its cool though because though you may think you got away with it GOD SEES EVERYTHING AND I PRAY EVERY PERSON THAT WAS INVOLVED AS WELL AS THE COMPANY ITSELF COMES TO A NASTY UNIMAGINABLE FALL.
This job was only part-time.
Phone Interviewer and Locator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2014
Pros: beautiful building and pleasant job.
Cons: it was only part-time in the evenings.
It was overall a good experience. I enjoyed talking to people to get their take on different things.
Very helpful with community statistics.
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2014
Great company with good intentions. Its designed to help communities and children.
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Care Manager, Eldersource (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 21, 2014
I work one on one with people age 60 and over who live independently in low income housing. There are no typical days since the needs of people change moment by moment. I have learned a lot about human nature and the resiliency of those who I assist. The hardest part of my day is leaving.
Success metrics are consistent and enforced
Bilingual Field Interviewer/Converter (Temp) (Former Employee), TX, NM; CA,NC,March 9, 2014
Pros: weekly meetings with immediate supervisor & group meetings with different department heads
Cons: compensation needs drastic improvement
Success metrics are reviewed from your first day of employment and are consistently reviewed weekly. You are given the opportunity to improve your performance. Your immediate supervisor and top management are involved in your success.
fun place
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2014
I love working there it is a great environment to be in when I am at work I have a peace of mind because all I do is sit at a desk and put on my headsets and be on the computer
Mid-size company
Accounts Payable/Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, lovely work space
Cons: no room for growth due to micro-management
A typical day at NORC consisted of processing vendor invoices, bi-weekly check runs, processing FedEx online invoices. I also processed monthly billing per strict government guidelines.
Big Brother Style
Telephone Interviewer III (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Your every move is watched, and no matter how hard you work you'll never get the respect you deserve. Look for somewhere else to work.