NORDAM Employee Reviews

Clean and well managed company
Metrology Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2017
NORDAM is a great company to work for. Management stresses corporate culture to all stakeholders. The facility is well maintained and clean to work in.
Amazing company
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 7, 2017
Absolutely outstanding company to work for. My leads and supervisors always looked out for me, and made sure I had what I needed IF I ever needed anything.
it was a great opertunity to learn more about the avaition field
temp (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 7, 2017
working a Nordam gave me the opportunity to learn more about a field of aviation I had never got to be part of. It tied in my quality control experience into my love for aviation. it allowed me to contact manufactures across the united states and make sure all documentation was up to date and meet FFA specs.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
Exellent Job to have, clean working environment
Assembly Mechanic B (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 15, 2017
work at you own pace and everything needed to do the job was always on site and close to who was using it. The company cares for its employees as if they was family.
Pros
hvac controlled environment
Cons
Layoffs
Good Place To Work
Maintenance Mechanic HVAC (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 11, 2017
I would recommend seeking employment here because you are in a clean place and air conditioning. You are also surrounded by good employees that are very friendly.
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
No chance to Advance with in the company
A great company to work for.
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 30, 2016
Always had a great day, stayed busy and focused on my job and duties that were requierd of me. I learned that you have to have your own drive and want to succeed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
some people were just amazingly accomplished and helped me get where i needed to be.
Management has too many yes men
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 18, 2016
Management is out of touch with the shop floor. They don't know what it takes to make the parts. The company has a lot of potential but they don't have the management support to make it happen.
Pros
Benefits, good employees
Cons
Hours, lack of communication
Internally resistant to change while externally wanting to grow
Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2016
Company tries to do the "proper" thing, but is too ingrained in the past method of doing business such that "who you know" over-rides what "needs to be done" and the "requirements"
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Resistant to change
Good people, questionable management
Oklahoma - General Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 18, 2016
My co-workers are awesome people, definately makes you feel like family. Management like to say one thing and do something all together different. I was there over 2 years and only made 12 cents in raises. They really do not give you any incentive to advance. They expect you to only worry about NORDAM and nothing else, even though they want to say that they are a family oriented company.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No incentive to advance
good place to work for... unless you get pregnant
Ok - Hot Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2016
I worked there for 2 yrs the pay was amazing but at the end of my second year I had a high risk pregnancy and couldn't work but I had plenty of pto and benefits to cover me. Nordam policy is you still have to call in every single day while on leave and I didnt call in the day after Christmas because my lead and my supervisor wasn't there and they fired me and took all my benefits. Tried to get a hold of someone other than HR but the families open door policy is a joke never got to talk to anyone.
Pros
pay
Cons
discriminating
n/a
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 7, 2016
nothing positive to report; stakeholders are unhappy; pay is less compared to other companies with same hiring criteria
Worst supervisor ever!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 30, 2016
I was covering for another employee on vacation on the request of a supervisor. When I asked her a question about the filing of paperwork, she came unglued on me for the work or the person I was filing in for, right out in front of the whole team.
Pros
Cons
Supervisor - Patti
established company for many years
Manager of Manufacturing and Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OklahomaJanuary 24, 2016
first opportunity within the management workforce. Required al ot of learning but the company had many established personnel to assist
Good Company
Aerostructure Repair Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2016
Really great company to work for. Wish i could of stay there longer. Was a contractor out there. The money was really good. Only reason I left was, because my contract was supposely up but they never told me to leave. I decided to try somewhere else but didnt work out. Regret leaving them.
Pros
Layback
Cons
Hours too early
Family owned business
Sr Director Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2015
Rewarding at times. Good people to work with. Fair pay and benefits. Dealing with customers was the hardest. Business jet OEMs are very difficult.
Great company to work for and great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 5, 2015
Enjoyable work environment, with friendly management. Lots of opportunities for career growth, and furthering education.
Pros
Jeans friday, great coworkers, educational opportunities
Good place to work and a lot to learn
Tool Storage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 16, 2015
Its a very friendly place to work with some good people. A lot to learn always something going on and new stuff happening Tool attendant moving tools and pick up parts from all over town.
Pros
Cons
not enough money
Great pay great benefits
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa/Owasso areaSeptember 17, 2015
Nordam is a great place to work. They try to be a family oriented place however the DEMANDS of the company will always be more important than yours.
Great Summer Intership Program
Internship (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKMay 29, 2015
I was a summer intern. Nordam was very good with their training programs. At least once every two weeks all the interns would have an educational program. Some were fun (personality profiling), some were boring (accounting), but all were informative. At the end of the summer all the interns gave a presentation about the project which I found very helpful. Overall I had a great experience.
great place
Assistant fabricator (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKJanuary 29, 2015
nordam was a great place for a career i enjoyed my co-workers and my work flow was maintainable to my needs as a worker i also enjoyed that they include family ethics into the company such as a family picnic for workers and there family to enjoy
Pros
wage
Cons
not secured bc of work orders