NORDAM Employee Reviews in United States

good place to work for... unless you get pregnant
Ok - Hot Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2016
I worked there for 2 yrs the pay was amazing but at the end of my second year I had a high risk pregnancy and couldn't work but I had plenty of pto and benefits to cover me. Nordam policy is you still have to call in every single day while on leave and I didnt call in the day after Christmas because my lead and my supervisor wasn't there and they fired me and took all my benefits. Tried to get a hold of someone other than HR but the families open door policy is a joke never got to talk to anyone.
Pros
pay
Cons
discriminating
Great company to work for and great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 5, 2015
Enjoyable work environment, with friendly management. Lots of opportunities for career growth, and furthering education.
Pros
Jeans friday, great coworkers, educational opportunities
Good people, questionable management
Oklahoma - General Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 18, 2016
My co-workers are awesome people, definately makes you feel like family. Management like to say one thing and do something all together different. I was there over 2 years and only made 12 cents in raises. They really do not give you any incentive to advance. They expect you to only worry about NORDAM and nothing else, even though they want to say that they are a family oriented company.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No incentive to advance
established company for many years
Manager of Manufacturing and Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OklahomaJanuary 24, 2016
first opportunity within the management workforce. Required al ot of learning but the company had many established personnel to assist
Family owned business
Sr Director Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2015
Rewarding at times. Good people to work with. Fair pay and benefits. Dealing with customers was the hardest. Business jet OEMs are very difficult.
Good Company
Aerostructure Repair Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2016
Really great company to work for. Wish i could of stay there longer. Was a contractor out there. The money was really good. Only reason I left was, because my contract was supposely up but they never told me to leave. I decided to try somewhere else but didnt work out. Regret leaving them.
Pros
Layback
Cons
Hours too early
Worst supervisor ever!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 30, 2016
I was covering for another employee on vacation on the request of a supervisor. When I asked her a question about the filing of paperwork, she came unglued on me for the work or the person I was filing in for, right out in front of the whole team.
Pros
Cons
Supervisor - Patti
n/a
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 7, 2016
nothing positive to report; stakeholders are unhappy; pay is less compared to other companies with same hiring criteria
Good place to work and a lot to learn
Tool Storage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 16, 2015
Its a very friendly place to work with some good people. A lot to learn always something going on and new stuff happening Tool attendant moving tools and pick up parts from all over town.
Pros
Cons
not enough money
I worked in Recieving
Recieving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 20, 2014
I was young at the time that I worked there, it was fun but the politics in management became very off putting.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
the leadership

Want to know more about NORDAM?

Ask a question
Great Employer
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 23, 2014
Great company, very oriented to their employees (which they refer to as stakeholders). My department consists of a very cohesive group which goes above and beyond to help each other and assist others in the company.
Company is very high-tech. State of the art equipment in meeting rooms. Late model personal computers. Mostly a cubicle environment.
Company is international with major locations in the United States (Tulsa, Oklahoma - headquarters), Wales and Singapore. NORDAM is a maintenance provider and components manufacturer for commercial and military aircraft.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
subject to industry swings.
Great pay great benefits
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa/Owasso areaSeptember 17, 2015
Nordam is a great place to work. They try to be a family oriented place however the DEMANDS of the company will always be more important than yours.
Good benefits, poor pay, lay-offs every 6 months.
Fabricator Assembler Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 2, 2013
Learning experience, bad pay and ok benefits. Will not go into aerospace again, dead end in Oklahoma.
Pros
benefits, 4 10hr schedule weekends off
Cons
pay, management, lay-offs
big fun work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 26, 2014
We stay busy so time passes by really quick I enjoyed my job there
benefits
great place
Assistant fabricator (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKJanuary 29, 2015
nordam was a great place for a career i enjoyed my co-workers and my work flow was maintainable to my needs as a worker i also enjoyed that they include family ethics into the company such as a family picnic for workers and there family to enjoy
Pros
wage
Cons
not secured bc of work orders
Great Summer Intership Program
Internship (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKMay 29, 2015
I was a summer intern. Nordam was very good with their training programs. At least once every two weeks all the interns would have an educational program. Some were fun (personality profiling), some were boring (accounting), but all were informative. At the end of the summer all the interns gave a presentation about the project which I found very helpful. Overall I had a great experience.
never had enough work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 1, 2014
Overall i could see that it would be a good place to work for most, but i rarely i had any work to do and management know and was okay with it. Lack of work made going to work dreadful because it would drag on and on, but also they would occasionally give us jobs like cleaning, deep cleaning and organizing other departments. not much fun for me.
Pros
the pay
Cons
lack of work
I'd radther watch paint dry
Fabricator assistant/ Polisher (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2013
they nickled and dimed you for everything. the management sucked and really just was not management quality. my manager did not associate with his team. pay was ok. not great. hours sucked it was 12 on 12 off and no home life with the way they had the hours set up
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks to no breaks. management quality.
Decent Pay, Use you and Toss you.
Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 21, 2014
The Nordam Management team is close and only promote their buddies. They will take all your good ideas and use them, but keep you in your place at the bottom. When times get tough, they dump the employees in large numbers. Every year they hire and fire, hire and fire.
Good Career
Finisher A (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 28, 2014
Was a great company. Closed Wichita plant. Work was great and atmosphere was amazing. Worked with a great group of people. Management was misleading and not always open with things going on and a lot of favoritism but overall good place to work. Well when we had work.

2.8