NORDAM

NORDAM Employer Reviews

Great Family Run, Family Oriented Business
Airframe Assembler (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 5, 2014
Pros: nordam is always trying to improve
Cons: if you are single and in good health the insurance is expensive, nordams motto change is good
A typical day at work entails coming in a little early, asking or finding out what the shift prior to yours has finished or started, followed by clocking in to meeting and going to daily briefing of what all of the individuals will be doing then clocking out of meeting and into 5s system to do your daily preventive maintenance when that is done you – more... go about what ever it is that has been set out for you to do.

I learned how to navigate the NORDAM computer system and to personalize the dashboard to make it faster and easier to use for my self with any information related to any job I need to work on. NORDAM sent me to many different classes that allow you to move up within the company. If you need certification to do a certain job then ask management to be certified and they will point you in the right direction to get it.

The management while I was there was always fair and considerate!

The majority of my co-workers were good intentioned and fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job is finding out what protocol to work under to do certain tasks when there either is no one around that has done the job or trying to find out who has done the job and asking them.

This company has a lot to enjoy, such as a garden located centrally that you are invited to use and grow your own veggies. A company picnic usually held at the Tulsa Zoo for the Oklahoma Plants. If you have a family the Health insurance is invaluable – less
Bonder (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 13, 2014
Pros: people are friendly, benefits, and pay
Cons: standing for long periods
I enjoyed working here, the pay was good and they had great benefits. You are on your feet a lot and can work a lot of hours was the only hard things.
I worked in Recieving
Recieving Clerk (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the leadership
I was young at the time that I worked there, it was fun but the politics in management became very off putting.
NORDAM is leader in their field.
Safety Coordinator Senior (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2014
NORDAM provides a one of a kind work environment and opportunities to learn aerospace technology.
Good Career
Finisher A (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 28, 2014
Was a great company. Closed Wichita plant. Work was great and atmosphere was amazing. Worked with a great group of people. Management was misleading and not always open with things going on and a lot of favoritism but overall good place to work. Well when we had work.
Great Employer
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: subject to industry swings.
Great company, very oriented to their employees (which they refer to as stakeholders). My department consists of a very cohesive group which goes above and beyond to help each other and assist others in the company.
Company is very high-tech. State of the art equipment in meeting rooms. Late model personal computers. Mostly a cubicle environment.
Company – more... is international with major locations in the United States (Tulsa, Oklahoma - headquarters), Wales and Singapore. NORDAM is a maintenance provider and components manufacturer for commercial and military aircraft. – less
Great Place to work
Director of SBR (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 27, 2013
Excellent place to work. Great family/work balance. No complaints.
I'd radther watch paint dry
Fabricator assistant/ Polisher (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks to no breaks. management quality.
they nickled and dimed you for everything. the management sucked and really just was not management quality. my manager did not associate with his team. pay was ok. not great. hours sucked it was 12 on 12 off and no home life with the way they had the hours set up
Tracking and correcting hours worked on shop floor
AutoTime Administrator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2013
Pros: learning autotime and sap software
Cons: unprofessional culture
Daily work was enjoyable. Learned SAP and month end closing procedure. Enjoyed working with the Leads and some of the managers.
Excellent Company to work for
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 31, 2013
Family run company who sticks to the vision. Stakeholders are very personable and willing to help and work through all situations.
Nice place to work
Fabricator A (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 1, 2013
Shift starts at 5:00am and ends at 3:30pm
Learn how to operate three presses and trim saws
Mangement comes around as much as they can to say high to everyone
Coworkers are fun and easy to get along with
nordam is a wonderful place to work
Receiving Inspector (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2013
wonderful work enviroment & benefits.
family attidude.
the quality of work that is completed is excelent.
I LOVE THIS PLACE
Air Frame Assembly Specialists (Former Employee), TULSA OKLAHOMAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: they do good things
Cons: great place
THIS IS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR THE PEOPLE ARE VERY NICE,KIND AND ALL WAY'S WILLING TO HELP YOU
Fun Work Place
Fabricator (Former Employee), Owasso OklahomaJune 24, 2013
Pros: work 65 hours a week
Cons: no family time
Buff Laser Windows I Really didn't learned anything at nordam due to lack of team lead my co workers were outstanding very Helpful The hardest Part about my job is I do all I can in still haven't got the recognition I should get. The most enjoyable part about my job is my co workers they make my experience at nordam a lot easier than it really was.
Good benefits, poor pay, lay-offs every 6 months.
Fabricator Assembler Assistant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 2, 2013
Pros: benefits, 4 10hr schedule weekends off
Cons: pay, management, lay-offs
Learning experience, bad pay and ok benefits. Will not go into aerospace again, dead end in Oklahoma.
Very challenging responsibilities.
Cabinet Finisher A/Lead Cabinet Finisher (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasMarch 31, 2013
Pros: was able to travel to customer/client locations and interact about cabinetry.
Cons: a few stagnet managers.
• Buffed/Polished urethane and Polyester top coats.
• Sanded all types of wood veneer to achieve proper flatness prior to color application and clear finish.
• Sanded to prepare painted parts to include composites and nomex surfaces.
• Painted Customer spec paint on interior cabinet shells to include Zolatone textured surface.
• Sprayed both Urethane – more... and Polyester top coats.
• Worked in Detail area where I was responsible for preparing Furniture for pre-delivery to Customer.
• Performed the artwork on Faux finish replenishment parts.
• Performed all aspects of Finish department to include Faux finish replenishment field requirements.
• Worked in Final Assembly where we put together and installed furniture for Customer.
• Supervised 20-60 employees and delegated daily work assignments to meet Customer demands.

Developed training material and program to be used throughout their Finish shop.
I believed I further developed my communication skills as an effective leader.
Their Management team for the most part was strong but a few lacked the ability to demonstrate on a daily basis those core attributes that a good manager and/or leader should display in front of their direct reports.
My co-workers were very knowledge and disciplined in the finish skill sets.
Dealing with co-leaders within the tier that weren't professional and both mine and their direct leaders would not take action.
The day to day interaction with very high caliber finish personnel. – less

Brandon1 – May 21, 2013

Second shift managment sucks, easy job if you ignore them. Poor booths in need of major upgrading. Serious enviromental violations by other painters.

About NORDAM

Trouble getting your engine going? NORDAM, one of the world's largest private aerospace companies, can give you a lift. The company – Read more