Nordson Employee Reviews in United States

A Technology company dominated with MBAs
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHJuly 8, 2016
Too many managers with no work experience with their engineering degrees, but since they have an MBA, considered competent by upper management. They may know business, but they don't know THE business, its market, competition and customer base!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Too many meetings for what gets accomplished!
Heartbreaking Experience
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHJune 12, 2016
I see they are looking for Material Handler 2nd shift again. This place has a huge turn over in employees. Heard they just fired 16 people in early spring 2016. Kept me for 88 days then in their words "parting ways with me" with no legit reason. I had perfect attendance, worked all OT offered with no major mistakes except for the ones I was blamed for until I proved supervisor wrong. It's 90 days to benefits & 180 days to union. Full time security staff presence plus Amherst Police are called in when they parts ways with employees because of death threats from past employees who lost their jobs. Supervisor/Worker relations is always on edge. Their fiscal year ends in November, Today is June 12th which makes it less than 180 days to axe time. They have it all figured out.
Pros
Great starting pay
Cons
Supervisor/Worker relations, Attitudes
Nordson is a good company
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHJune 4, 2016
A typical work day consist of distributing work load to employees. Meetings with the management team. Problem solving and managing work flow.
I have learned to be grateful for employees who have a good work ethic.
Management is for special type of people.
The hardest part of my job is navigating through the different personality types on a daily basis. Also trying to get both sides (management/union) to see each others concerns and expectations.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the pay check.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Work life balance
Great place for a career in machining with good wages.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHJune 2, 2016
Nordson is a strong employer who has been a very beneficial company to the Amherst area for many years. Being employed at Nordson went well and it was a very enjoyable place to learn great things.A typical day at work can involve running production on a wide variety of CNC machines, or setting up new jobs for production. Each machinist is required to be able to set up and operate his own machine he is assigned to. The management of Nordson is very thorough and experienced. Their team works very closely together and are committed to 100% customer satisfaction The people i worked with have all had a great career with Nordson and have been able to provide very well for themselves as well as their families. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes on the newer machines they have, the programs for new parts aren't all proven out, and if you need to make revisions or edits to programs, quality control and the engineering staff aren't available to give you the okay to run the part, or help with problems. Most enjoyable part of the job is that it is one man to one machine, Union benefits, plenty of overtime and a pleasant environment.
Pros
good wages, union representation
Cons
issues with new parts, running ti-var plastic
Very Good Company to be with
Temporary (Former Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COFebruary 21, 2016
Very good company to work for, when you are a temporary worker. Because I love the people and the job. Would love to go back. With Love and Respect.
Pros
Free food and pizza days
Cons
Too short of an assignment. Wanted to stay around for a longer time.
Great place to learn
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 27, 2016
This plant has closed. We canned Pepsi products including Dr. Peper, 7 up, and many other soft drinks that come in cans. I was responsible for all preventive and corrective maintenance.
Terrible Management, Overloaded with work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 26, 2016
The management is terrible. You will be micromanaged all day. You are questioned where you are going every time you go on break or lunch. You are given so many job responsibilities that they expect you to be finished with each task by the end of your shift which is impossible. Certain people are treated better than others. Lots of gossipers and jealousy in each department. I've never experienced a work environment like this before.
Pros
PTO and Holidays
Cons
Micromanaged, No Job Security, You have to be liked personally to get by in the company
Both Customer and Employee driven - Great place to work
Sr. Field Service Engineer, Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, MEJanuary 22, 2016
I started as a Customer Field Service Rep and ended as an Applications Speciaslist for the Hotmelt Divison in New England (CT)., many years later. Wonderful company to "work" for. I enjoyed every day so much, never thought of it as work. Never wanted to leave, but decisions were made and offices were closed and downsized. Definitely would return if asked.
Pros
Great daily customer activities, Company is definitely customer focused and employee focused for training and benefits.
Cons
Like all companies, there are THOSE days.
Best Place To Work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 7, 2015
Nordson is an amazing company to work for, the people are really fun to be around, They are laid back but also have great job structure
Pros
Great Work Enviornment, Great Fun People, Management the Listens
Cons
Hard to Get Hired on Perminent
Great co workers around you
office support (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIDecember 4, 2015
the culture of this company is second to none. people are really nice and hr is really great. management, however,not so much. it's hard to move up in a position and management doesn't exactly have a "open door" policy. if you're a favorite than you're golden. if you are just another person, you'll be seeing the door pretty fast. if you are a young person right out of college this is absolutely not the place you want to be. room for growth is very little and management will not respect you at all.
Pros
the people
Cons
the managers
Nordson Corp. was a fun family environment
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 24, 2015
Meeting customers demands,cross training to learn other departments work load. Any problems that we may have had or to make improvements went into a suggestion box to review.Team mates fun and friendly,worked together to meet the customers demands. When the company started downsizing and teammates losing there jobs.
Christmas Holiday dinners were GREAT! All teammates would come together for potluck and we have Christmas dinner together.
Pros
Town hall meetings that kept the employees, informed with the direction of the company, along with meeting productivity demands.
Cons
Being laid off my job.
Productive, challenging
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GANovember 18, 2015
The job was challenging and pushed you to learn things at fast paces. Does not have the best leadership in certain areas. Should be higher pay for the type of work being done. Overall good job to learn new, valuable skills.
Pros
Good hours, new daily skills, Certain employees
Cons
Certain leaders, pay, advancement
Can only speak for Adhesives Division
Account Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2015
It is a good company, good benefits, decent environment.
Your position can be eliminated WITHOUT WARNING.

After moving my family 6hrs away from everyone and everything they have known. My position was "eliminated" on a phone call the DAY AFTER SURGERY FOR WORKERS COMP. "Layoffs across the division" they said. I was at 110% of budget heading into the last month of the fiscal year. It's funny when they cut 1 of three in the SE but keep the other 10+ in the smaller area NE. It seems as if they prefer to keep people that do nothing as opposed to the people that make recommendations and do the work for a living.

The company has been making a lot of purchases...and when the stock falls because the companies aren't where they need to be. The staff gets cut.

The feeling at the corporate location among the employees was very segregated. Very chip on shoulder/water-cooler gossip/complainers.
Pros
Mon-Fri job with great holiday PTO and benefits
Cons
NO job security, no listening to outside reps as what works...just go with marketing
The job was easy nothing hard about it. Wonderful people to work for great co-workers.
Data Entry/Shipping/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GANovember 4, 2015
This was a fun work place. We had lots of fun activities like exercising ever morning. I really enjoyed the company picnics twice a year.
Productive and great place to work and always giving back to our community.
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Swainsboro, GASeptember 14, 2015
I still work for Nordson and I am very proud to work for them. I like working and meeting the needs of our customers. We are like one big family. Each day I have to review the production cells work load and schedule them work. I also have to make sure they have parts to built customer orders. I have to work with vendors on scheduling parts to ship on time. I have to tracking parts.
Pros
2 weeks off at Christmas and always helping in our community.
Cons
I don't have anything negative to say about them
Nordson Corp
Industrial/Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAAugust 13, 2015
Small Facility; Everyone knew everyone; Nice environment to work. Management involved the people with the changes. Overall, Nordson was a great place to work
Pros
Very nice environment
Cons
Salary and advancement was weak
True friends-not co-workers
RECORDS ACCURACY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OH 44001June 12, 2015
Enjoyed my job. Very rewarding. Had I not been downsized, I would still be there. This was one of my most enjoyable jobs working with inventory control.
Pros
Great people to work with everyday.
It can be approved
Assembler of adhesive units (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAJune 5, 2015
The work at nordson was easy to catch on to, most of the people there were easy to work with. I think if they wouldn't have change plant mangers it would have been an excellent place to work at and also if they hade judge people by there work performance instead of there color are background and would have been even better.
Cons
short lunches
productive and fun to work
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  brookly,nyMay 21, 2015
good experience there the staff were really serious and respectful to everyone that worked there. productive, they teach you everything you need to know.
nice people, needs revamping
Quality Intern (Former Employee) –  Amherst OhioApril 21, 2015
Most people who work there have a great attitude. Some of the policies (as with most companies) needs some updating. The intern program is becoming stronger and more valuable as the years go on.
Pros
Cares about interns
Cons
Some departments matter more than others