Nordson

Nordson Employee Reviews

Terrible Management, Overloaded with work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 26, 2016
The management is terrible. You will be micromanaged all day. You are questioned where you are going every time you go on break or lunch. You are given so many job responsibilities that they expect you to be finished with each task by the end of your shift which is impossible. Certain people are treated better than others. Lots of gossipers and jealousy in each department. I've never experienced a work environment like this before.
Pros
PTO and Holidays
Cons
Micromanaged, No Job Security, You have to be liked personally to get by in the company
Both Customer and Employee driven - Great place to work
Sr. Field Service Engineer, Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, MEJanuary 22, 2016
I started as a Customer Field Service Rep and ended as an Applications Speciaslist for the Hotmelt Divison in New England (CT)., many years later. Wonderful company to "work" for. I enjoyed every day so much, never thought of it as work. Never wanted to leave, but decisions were made and offices were closed and downsized. Definitely would return if asked.
Pros
Great daily customer activities, Company is definitely customer focused and employee focused for training and benefits.
Cons
Like all companies, there are THOSE days.
Best Place To Work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 7, 2015
Nordson is an amazing company to work for, the people are really fun to be around, They are laid back but also have great job structure
Pros
Great Work Enviornment, Great Fun People, Management the Listens
Cons
Hard to Get Hired on Perminent
Great co workers around you
office support (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIDecember 4, 2015
the culture of this company is second to none. people are really nice and hr is really great. management, however,not so much. it's hard to move up in a position and management doesn't exactly have a "open door" policy. if you're a favorite than you're golden. if you are just another person, you'll be seeing the door pretty fast. if you are a young person right out of college this is absolutely not the place you want to be. room for growth is very little and management will not respect you at all.
Pros
the people
Cons
the managers
Nordson Corp. was a fun family environment
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 24, 2015
Meeting customers demands,cross training to learn other departments work load. Any problems that we may have had or to make improvements went into a suggestion box to review.Team mates fun and friendly,worked together to meet the customers demands. When the company started downsizing and teammates losing there jobs.
Christmas Holiday dinners were GREAT! All teammates would come together for potluck and we have Christmas dinner together.
Pros
Town hall meetings that kept the employees, informed with the direction of the company, along with meeting productivity demands.
Cons
Being laid off my job.
Productive, challenging
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GANovember 18, 2015
The job was challenging and pushed you to learn things at fast paces. Does not have the best leadership in certain areas. Should be higher pay for the type of work being done. Overall good job to learn new, valuable skills.
Pros
Good hours, new daily skills, Certain employees
Cons
Certain leaders, pay, advancement
Can only speak for Adhesives Division
Account Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2015
It is a good company, good benefits, decent environment.
Your position can be eliminated WITHOUT WARNING.

After moving my family 6hrs away from everyone and everything they have known. My position was "eliminated" on a phone call the DAY AFTER SURGERY FOR WORKERS COMP. "Layoffs across the division" they said. I was at 110% of budget heading into the last month of the fiscal year. It's funny when they cut 1 of three in the SE but keep the other 10+ in the smaller area NE. It seems as if they prefer to keep people that do nothing as opposed to the people that make recommendations and do the work for a living.

The company has been making a lot of purchases...and when the stock falls because the companies aren't where they need to be. The staff gets cut.

The feeling at the corporate location among the employees was very segregated. Very chip on shoulder/water-cooler gossip/complainers.
Pros
Mon-Fri job with great holiday PTO and benefits
Cons
NO job security, no listening to outside reps as what works...just go with marketing
The job was easy nothing hard about it. Wonderful people to work for great co-workers.
Data Entry/Shipping/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GANovember 4, 2015
This was a fun work place. We had lots of fun activities like exercising ever morning. I really enjoyed the company picnics twice a year.
Productive and great place to work and always giving back to our community.
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Swainsboro, GASeptember 14, 2015
I still work for Nordson and I am very proud to work for them. I like working and meeting the needs of our customers. We are like one big family. Each day I have to review the production cells work load and schedule them work. I also have to make sure they have parts to built customer orders. I have to work with vendors on scheduling parts to ship on time. I have to tracking parts.
Pros
2 weeks off at Christmas and always helping in our community.
Cons
I don't have anything negative to say about them
Nordson Corp
Industrial/Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAAugust 13, 2015
Small Facility; Everyone knew everyone; Nice environment to work. Management involved the people with the changes. Overall, Nordson was a great place to work
Pros
Very nice environment
Cons
Salary and advancement was weak
True friends-not co-workers
RECORDS ACCURACY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OH 44001June 12, 2015
Enjoyed my job. Very rewarding. Had I not been downsized, I would still be there. This was one of my most enjoyable jobs working with inventory control.
Pros
Great people to work with everyday.
It can be approved
Assembler of adhesive units (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAJune 5, 2015
The work at nordson was easy to catch on to, most of the people there were easy to work with. I think if they wouldn't have change plant mangers it would have been an excellent place to work at and also if they hade judge people by there work performance instead of there color are background and would have been even better.
Cons
short lunches
productive and fun to work
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  brookly,nyMay 21, 2015
good experience there the staff were really serious and respectful to everyone that worked there. productive, they teach you everything you need to know.
nice people, needs revamping
Quality Intern (Former Employee) –  Amherst OhioApril 21, 2015
Most people who work there have a great attitude. Some of the policies (as with most companies) needs some updating. The intern program is becoming stronger and more valuable as the years go on.
Pros
Cares about interns
Cons
Some departments matter more than others
Very productive environment
Computer Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHApril 6, 2015
A very good business operation. Sometimes you have to work alone. Co-workers were okay. The hardest part of the job was restoring databases. Very nice place to work.
Pros
Company shutdown Xmas eve until after the first of the year.
Cons
Company open 24 hours
Enjoyed working there. They had great benefit package.
Corporate Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OhioApril 6, 2015
Work with Corporate customers on daily basis. Made collection calls, reviewed customer credit limits. Management I feel needed to be changed. I enjoyed all my co-workers and still are in contact with several of them. Hardest part was our manager we had no stability. We did a lot of charitable events and I enjoyed being part of them.
Pros
Flexible with work schedules.
Cons
Management was difficult to get problems resolved in a timely matter.
nice
SAP FICO Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 24, 2015
nice company, ogood atmosphere and good salary. i will recommend any one to work in this company. Highly recommended highly recommended again
It's a fair place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OhioMarch 12, 2015
Nordson is a good place to work. It would be a better place to work if engineers and management listens to the employees more, about what they need to improve their workplace or machinery, or check the suggestion box more often, maybe, just maybe all of us can make a better working facility for employers, and everyone else that comes along to join us......
i was a material handler
Material Handler / Assembler - Kelly Services (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHNovember 23, 2014
here i assembled parts for powder coating and also did some material handling of parts and set fed x ups and international i used computers and hand tools and power tools and had to learn scanners as well and tow motor use
Good Place to work
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 3, 2014
Good place to work. Good training and good benefits. Large company with a lot of advancement opportunities.