Nordstrom
2,381 reviews

Nordstrom Employee Reviews

If you can sell then work here.
Designer Sunglass Sales Associate (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 1, 2015
Overall it's what you'd expect from a commissioned work environment. It's much easier to work at Nordstrom than Bloomingdales due to less stress. If you're looking for a retail job the I suggest working here.
customer service oriented
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 30, 2015
new problems to solve for customers everyday. a supportive environment. kind words always work best. customer service is the most important thing you can provide.
For retail, it's a good company to work for.
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee), CAJune 29, 2015
Nordstrom is retail, so obviously some of the expectations can be challenging to meet. Overall, it is a good company to work for.
Awesome place to network, meet new people, and make great money
Women's/Salon Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2015
Pros: Meet awesome people, great pay
Cons: Management
I worked in Shoes so its a pretty high commission rate. Unfortunately that also means you have high returns especially being in Womens. Plus you work with a lot of people and a lot of people are money hungry so they can be quick to steal sales or be fake. Management is iffy too. Especially in Indianapolis, its like they are all in a bubble and don't understand that this is the real world. Not every one walks around in expensive things.
Works day at nordstrom
Clerical Processor (Former Employee), upper marlboro marylandJune 29, 2015
Pros: gifts cards, free lunch for the teams and prizes every other month
Cons: great benefits
Scanned new arrival orders and signed off on inventory check list
Managed direct inventory of merchandise in stock room
Responsible and reliable register experience
Advanced cash handling
Responsible for securing all merchandise with price tags and security sensors
Unpacked all inventory and compared to supply list daily
Responsible for in and out shipping process
Maintained warehouse safety regulations
Worked effectively and diligently both independently and in group settings
Good work experience
Assistant Manager in TBD (Current Employee), Canoga Park, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Room for growth
Cons: Long hours
Learn a lot about fashion merchandising, how to pull and read inventory reports, customer service based company. Room for growth and promotion.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Department Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2015
I worked for Nordstrom's Rack for a year. I really enjoyed my time with the company even though it was some issues with my benefits, I would definitely work for this company again.
NA
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJJune 27, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Returns affects your commission
I truly enjoyed working others and helping customers with new product knowledge. This was a challenging position for me, being it was my first commission based retail job.
EXPECTED MORE COMPROMISE
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJune 26, 2015
Pros: VERY GOOD SECURITY STANDARDS
Cons: THE PROMISE SOMETHING THEY DONT COMMIT
THEY HIRED PEOPLE TO OPEN THE STORE BUT AS SOON AS THEY OPEN THE BEGUN TO LAY OUT THE PEOPLE, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MAKING THE SALES THEY EXPECTED.
Fun, Exciting and Flexible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: very independent work environment
Cons: Return policy
Working for this company has been a great experience. everyday is different due to the amount of customers that shop at Nordstrom.
Can make a lot but managment is tough
Men's Shoes Lead Asst. Department Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 25, 2015
Pros: Can make as much as you can sell and good people to work with
Cons: Hard to move up in the company, returns, never really know what you are being measured by
- Dealing with issues each day
- Teaching your team
- Pulling reports
- Holding business reviews with sales team
- Scheduling
Fun place to work most of the employees are nice
sales associate (Current Employee), Greenville SCJune 25, 2015
Love working here pay is good, hours not so much but overrall great place to work just wish it was full time and not part time and the discount is a bonus.
Great experiance
Stylist (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COJune 24, 2015
good for the person who is looking to gain sales experience. Great for youth and those trying to establish a career and those who are looking for fast advancement.
Fashion Forward Environment--little pay
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Towson, MDJune 24, 2015
Hired as a full-time employee with a base rate of $9.00 an hour. Pros:
We never tell the customer no. While this might be annoying to you as customers take advantage and walk all over you...you basically will never have to deal with irate customers. Coming from another retailer where there's not much wiggle room in the corporate standards this makes my life so much less stressful and the working – more... environment so much more enjoyable.

Cons:
Its hard to reach the 1,000 hour minimum (in order to get PTO and benefits and higher base rate) when as a "full-time" employee you're scheduled less than 30 hours a week. Also, HR doesn't care that you're full-time and they'll push your department manager to cut hours as much as possible even if that means your whole "full-time" team will be working on "part-time" hours. If you're thinking about coming to the company the only place you're really guaranteed to make money year round is in shoes or cosmetics. – less
Fast Paced
Sales & Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Escondido, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Solid Company with GREAT BENEFITS
Cons: Draw Commission
Selling ,selling, selling in a high commission based environment. Competitive sales floor and a self driven business that uses in house individual track system to log potential high volume customers. Fast paced and profitable.
Organized and Gain Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Farmington, CTJune 24, 2015
You get to work in a place where you can grow your competitive skills and earn new skills as well! You meet new friends and spread your horizons
Nordy is full of greatness all around!
Department Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJune 24, 2015
Pros: fun, good music, great clothes, different people, growth, good pay, flexible, awesome events
Cons: that I'm not there anymore
What I love about Nordstrom:
you become a family. You meet many other employers who you see all the time and become so close with.
I love the fun competitiveness with the company; without it, we wouldn't strive for higher goals.
If you work hard, you CAN GROW with the company.
There are so many areas you can grow in or try!

Everyone has a different way of running a department. It can be a con if you are use to Nordstrom voicing out that you are the face of the company. My advice, every boss is different but you can adjust and still have fun!

This job is flexible and pays well.

I love Nordy's.
Content!
Personal stylist (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDJune 23, 2015
I've been working for Nordstrom since Septemeber 2013. The work culture is great and I have definitley honed my sales skills and professionalism. I owe a great deal to this company for my growth as a salesman! I've learned a great deal about fashion too. I am constantly trying to increase my sales numbers from last year, as that is how I rate and compete with myself.
busy and always changing workplace
Customer Relationship Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 23, 2015
a work place filled with the stress of typical retail customer service. Their are a lot of services for customers and to learn everything is relatively easy. Good workplace for high energy people. Co workers are good people and can be lifelong friends. Hardest part of job is always the holidays as usual. Enjoyable part is that you are paid for the work you do.
Great pay, easy retail job
Sales Associate, Accessories (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJune 22, 2015
Working here was nice but the only thing I did not enjoy were customers that were exceptionally rude to me and other associates.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more

Nordstrom Salaries