Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 5,381 reviews matching the search
Decent company
Department Manager (Mens Shoes) (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 20, 2017
Good company to work for. There's plenty of space for advancement. 401k is competitive to other companies as well as health benifits. Would recommend to anyone
Pros
401k commission customer based
Work Alot
Sales Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 19, 2017
Great discounts when you work there. A lot of hard work and long hours when the holiday seasons come around. Very low salaries for the amount of work you do.
Hard work and low pay
Designer Sales (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJAugust 19, 2017
The issue is with lack of educated management and the abusive return policy. The sales associate has the potential to make as much money as possible if it wasn't for the open return policy which has become a crippling force to the company.
Nordstroms was a fantastic employer
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2017
My time at Nordstroms was amazing! I loved the people that i worked with and very much enjoyed coming to work everyday. The work environment was that of a team. Everyone i worked with always went above and beyond for fellow employees and customers alike.
Wonderful Experience
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 19, 2017
A typical day at Nordstrom starts at 8am for managers. We start every day merchandising, and re-merchandising. We check emails and respond to customers before heading to the sales floor. Managers work side-by side with their employees to ensure their success but also to understand what is happening on the sales floor. Depending on the department, managers spend a significant amount of time putting out fires (customer service issues, product issues, sales associate issue etc) As a designer manager, its less about putting out fires and more about focusing on building customer relationships and ensuring our sales people are too. Another time is spent in meetings with vendors, management or individual sale associates. It is a lot of pressure all the time to ensure the high standards are met but its a lot of fun.
Pros
discount, opportunities
Cons
work/life balance
Great Starter Job with great culture
Inventory Processor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2017
overall it was a step back for me to gain further information on back of house duties. The atmosphere is balanced and laid back. Managers are well informed and give you the adequate tools needed to succeed.
Productive days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 18, 2017
productive days, long hours, you have to work hard to grow with the company. You have to be outgoing and team work is priority. A good job for the time being.
sales associate
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 18, 2017
I learned a lot of the life of Nordstrom, and how much this spot means to many people. Through my time working there I would open and close the registers when the mall was closing or shutting down for the evening. I approached customers asking questions and provided them with certain information abut an item of the day, or a special that could have been going on. Customer service was a big thing, we wanted our customers to be happy, so we would do anything and everything to make them leave happy and would want them to come shop with us again.
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2017
The teams are amazing in the technology teams. The company thrives on customer service so your voice matters. All and all a great place to work and call your employer.
it wasn't great
Tailor Shop Administrator (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 18, 2017
To be honest the management there is terrible, the only people there that are trustworthy are the close friends you make there, otherwise everyone will stab you in the back.
Pros
pay was good for tailor shop admin.
Cons
terrible managment, rude managers, hierarchy.
Fun and performance driven company
Sales Associate, St, Louis, MO (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2017
Nordstrom work culture is great. They really give you the freedom to make your own salary. The management is very helpful to get you to the next spot in your career.
I liked my check
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2017
best part is clothes and shoes, check and some people i loved working with. management can suck and there is sadly favoritism. i lied the marked down transfers and food that they sell at the store.
Pros
deals on clothes
Cons
management, work life balance, drama
Very competative environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTAugust 17, 2017
The company felt like that you had to walk on egg shells, because there was always someone that wanted to catch you doing something wrong when in reality you were doing your job. Seemed very high school type of environment.
Experience
FASHION CONSULTANT/SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 17, 2017
Nordstrom reached me how important is customer service in business, over all very good company, taking there business very serious, and I liked it, very good training for sales and service.
Customer Service Heaven
Sales/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 17, 2017
I love working with people and working in the Cosmetic industry. Nordstrom provided me with a professional and customer service based atmosphere. Its a great company.
productive
Designer Stylist and sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 16, 2017
i loved working at nordstrom honestly one of the best retail store worked at. very easy going and learned about many designers. learning different brand was my favorite.
Co-Workers
Service Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2017
My co-worker were amazing. But, working for a retailer such as Nordstrom, you have to understand a few things. One, you're going to run into the snooty valley girl almost everyday. They love Nordstrom. Dont get me wrong its a nice place to work and many of the customers a leisure shoppers so they have the best dispositions while shop but, take the good with the bad.
My only big issue was one of my supervisors. And, her boss...they were just very un-accepting of a lot of things. Like they just weren't all they way there.... What had a confused look on they're face a lot and then would ask you to explain obvious things. But, Im almost 100% positive that that is not across the board. From the other department managers, I could tell they're is a high level of intelligence and talking to them was easy.
Pros
Discunt, and Harry and Izzy's is next door and so is Jasons Deli. They're great for lunch.
An incredible working experience.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2017
The workplace was very Professional, Productive and very supportive. I learned everything about retail from Nordstrom and I'm extremely thankful for that.
I learned everything from customer service, to selling, merchandising, training,marketing, analyzing, seeing and thinking in a creative way, buying and building relationships, to negotiation and building a business.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, room to grow and to be promoted.
Cons
not having regular days off, and working longer than 10 hour days, and weekends.
Nordstrom
Scrum Master/Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2017
Working for Nordstrom is very fast paced. The people are great and the advancement possibilities are really exciting. Nordstrom is a big company, but there is always support available.
great product and overall company structure
Men's Clothing Manager, Sales (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 16, 2017
The company has a great product and instills a good work ethic in all its employees! I was pleased to be in sales and management and was impressed with the caliber of overall training that i received!
Pros
training and quality products
Cons
not enough advancement when i tried to get back into management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.