Nordstrom
2,296 reviews

Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Wonderful company with room to grow
Retail Beauty Adviser and Restaurant server (Former Employee), downtown portland and Clackamas, ORMay 21, 2015
Pros: employee discount, fun environment, room to grow within company
Cons: Mall hours
I have worked at Nordstrom a few times over the years once in cosmetics and the rest of the time spent was serving in their cafe. I would handle most opening and closing shifts I learned P.O.S. and lots of details about how to sell retail and create positive customer relationships. Customer service is top priority there and I found that as the most enjoyable part of the job. The least enjoyable part would be working inside of a mall.
Fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAMay 21, 2015
Cashier, Merchandise, customer service, in charge of stocking all supplies and gift wrapping. Really enjoyed the job!
workplace
Part Time Women's Sales associate (Former Employee), new york, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS AND PAY RATE
Cons: MANAGEMENT
Nordstrom rack was overall a wonderful learning experience. They tested my customer service skills impeccably. Each day i endured a new task with a different approach to meet my goals.
Friendly and professional environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: This company made customer service a priority and management was supportive.
Cons: I wanted more education on sales techniques.
I worked in the customer service department. We resolved and answered all customer disputes and complaints. We processed returns as well as promoted sales of credit cards and reviewed promotions. We supported all department personnel on the sales floor.
Great paying retail job
Women's Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sunset Valley, TXMay 21, 2015
I really love my co-workers! Department managers have been butting heads lately, so a many people have quit. However, I have worked here throughout college, and overall Nordstrom has been a great company to work for in comparison to other retailers.
Great place!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2015
I love my manager & my teammates! Wonderful work environment & very family oriented. Endless opportunity for growth & advancement.
Great Atmosphere
Stock Person (Former Employee), King Of Prussia, PAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Competitiive wages
Cons: Split schedules and transportation
Received and processed daily shipments. Learned how to input inventory of handheld scanners. Management provided good leadership. Co-workers always worked as a team. The hardest part was rearranging the stock room.What I most liked about the job was the people I got to work with.
Positive learning environment and courteous friendly employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 19, 2015
Enjoyed every minute of it. Managers were supportive and inspiring. Was a terrific learning experience. Store manager was a terrific example of a leader.
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Management Intern (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMay 19, 2015
This was a very fun job. The people that work there are great. The most difficult part of the job is that it's based on commission.
Great for advancement
Department Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Political
Great company if you are able to move around the US for advancement. Not a good place for you if you like your nights, weekend, summers, and holidays.
There's a little team work
Sales Support/Customer Service (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Some support
Cons: Over tasked.
A typical day at my former retail employer.
Can be challenging, due to the fact. That
my former employer, hires without screening
for background checks. The management structure
isn't what I was seeking.
SALES (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 19, 2015
a great place to work you can make a lot of money but getting returns is really stressful. They teach you a lot when you work there
Great Company
❸ Shoe department (Former Employee), LynnwoodMay 18, 2015
Great company that values employees more than most. They only hire from within, so if you have a passion for working retail at a high level, this is for you.
Competitive Work Environment
Woman/Salon Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee), San JoseMay 18, 2015
A typical day at Nordstrom consists of doing stock assignments and selling shoes to customers while also creating lasting relationships with each sale. I learned that making each interaction with customers special and doing things with integrity led to more customer satisfaction which meant less returns. The management at Nordstrom was supportive and pushed me to keep customer service as my highest priority. Being that our paychecks were based on commission however, this led to competition in the workplace. It was for the most part healthy competition so overall, it taught me to work tenaciously for my paycheck but also in a way that encouraged a great team environment.
Nordstrom
Business Manager/Sales (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMay 17, 2015
A fast-paced, competitive, goal-oriented, and creative environment. Promotes autonomy amongst employees, a long-standing corporate model for top-rated customer service. An organization that promotes the importance of teamwork.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMay 16, 2015
Pros: Great managers, very friendly and helpful bosses
Cons: Puerto Rico economy not helping the store
I really Loved working here and im hoping they start posting jobs soon because I want to work there again. Started our days with an employee rally that kept us motivated to sell during our shifts.
Not easy
Nordstrom Rack Sales Associate (Womens and Kids) (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 16, 2015
You're either in the fitting room, or out on the floor cleaning or putting back clothes that people didn't want in the fitting room.
It's very busy and you have to deal with customers often. Everyday you'd run into at least a few rude ones that could sour your mood.
The layout of the floor is always changing, and putting back clothes is like a guessing game all the time.
The management didn't really train me too much before they sent me out on the floor. They make you do an e-learning thing that isn't very interactive or helpful. The coworkers however are for the most part pretty helpful and nice as they understand how hard it is to start out.
productive and busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dulles, VAMay 15, 2015
Typical day at work, busy, energetic, fun, my coworkers were fun, great employees. Great compensation and benefits. I learned a lot about myself and things that I have improved on
Very busy but fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAMay 15, 2015
Being busy is the most enjoyable part of this job, aside from working with people. The hardest part of the job is facing new problems every day; however this is detrimental to learning about the departments/company.
Fun to work, but no sympathy for life obstacles
Sales Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: Short break, too focused on credit card openings, inconsistent hours
Fast paced, very fun environment, coworkers was easily to get along with. Management was not completely professional. Cared too much about opening credit awards. Much favoritism.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more

Nordstrom Salaries