Nordstrom
2,060 reviews

Nordstrom Employer Reviews

Great company to work for. I wish I did not move so far away from Nordstrom
Makeup Artist/Loss Prevention Agent/Barista (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits, management is awesome, fun work evironment
Cons: work schedule always changes, work during christmas holiday is stressful
Nordstrom is a great company to work for. I wish I did not move so far away from Nordsrom. The management is awesome, they care about their employees. It is a fun environment to work in. I would still be working for Nordsrom if I had not moved away.
Work hard, Play Hard!
National Buying Office Administrator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great employees!
Cons: n/a
Nordstrom is great company to work for, but prepared to drive your own business and work hard! It all pays off in the long run.
Productive work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Christiana, DEFebruary 24, 2015
Working with customers on a everyday basis. Answering incoming and make out going phone calls. Detect Fraudulent activity. Give great customer service to all customers.
great work place
COMMUNICATION OPERATOR (Former Employee), wellington flFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: low beniefits
nords is a gtromreat place to work for job security ,but as for as the daily work environment it was very uncomfortable for me coming in only no spainsh person they made it very hard for me to join in the nordstrom family
Learning Experience with a focus on customer care
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 23, 2015
I thought management was great, they truly wanted you to scudded and they were a very supportive environment. Some co-wokers did not appreciate the opportunity as much and embrace the experience.
Love fashion, definetly my favorite industry but have several other passions including secretary possitions and oppurtunity for growth
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: competition with coworkers
typical day at work would be stocking clothes, selling items to customers, always have a positive attitude and operate cash register. i learned a lot bout the fashion industry which was great! Managment was awesome! and so were my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was the competition with my coworkers because the pay is mostly commision but it pays off in the end!
enjoyed workplace
Cashier/ Sales Assistant (Former Employee), oak brook ILFebruary 22, 2015
LOVVEEEE THIS PLACE coworkers are fantastic pay is even better meet Tuesday mornings to congratulate top sellers and set goals for the day
I did not enjoy working there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: long break
Cons: no insurance
A typical day for me started with cleaning clothes of the floor, then when you done you have to continue checking that same area, no help from coworkers,
Sales with can do attitude
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: few
Cons: few
Poor management constant inconsistency with directions for work on the floor.

Conflict within employees within departments causing friction for that department.
Sales associate/ makeup artist/ Counter Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 19, 2015
This is truly a great company to work for. Nordstrom really takes care of their employees. It really makes you want to work harder for a company that takes care of you.
Lots of education and fun.
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: education and fun.
Cons: on feet all day.
I liked Nordstroms due to the education and creativity that it offered me.t also taught me that customers were very important and had to be. All the education was offered from an employee that worked in Brass Plum. She even had her own register due to large sales. I think every young person should be trained by Norstroms. I like the companys strong work values and good customer service.
Productive workplace for good exposure and Fun
Software test engineer (contractor) (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free starbucks coffee
Cons: less youngsters at work
It was a good experience at work there. It was not a fast paced work environment, but great to work in between a bunch of professional and fun-loving people. People who love to help and support each other and care for others. a serious work place where people do their expected job and more having fun at work.
great energy working with wonderful individuals who were all about fashion and great customer service
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2015
each day was a new adventure seeing the different styles being put together and the merchandise was great . wonderful company to be apart of
Acceptable and rewarding working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Upon arrival, I'd check in and go to the floor and straighten out the stock. I would graciously greet any guests and assist in their shoe shopping. I would provide them with a variety of shoes that matched their needs. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job was not having enough stock to meet the demands of the consumer. Additionally, due to economic hardships, the company couldn't keep all staff after the season ended.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Farmington, CTFebruary 19, 2015
Lots of free merchandise, free lunches and encouragement to do your best. Diversed environment that is commission based
Very organized workplace, enjoyable staff
Fragrance/ Makeup Expert (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I learned how to work well with others. I really enjoyed making personal relationships with my clients to ensure that they come back. This job truly showed me how passionate I am about working with the public.
Exceptional Work- Place Atmosphere
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Freehold, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Nordstrom Teaches you everything you need to know about a business and customer service. It values the customer and I believe that is what a business is really about
Fun and upbeat place to work for, great opportunities to move up and flourish.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Great company to work for, very positive attitudes amongst every employee in the store, making the work days exciting and friendly.
agressive
cosmetics (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Cons: culture
work life balance nonexistent. treated like sub-par unless you can sell +$10K daily. work in mac cosmetics with highest volume and still treated without dignity
Productive and fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), chicagoFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: time for breaks, one hour lunch period and fun environment
A typical day is very simple and stress free. The manager are constantly communicating with you.
I improved my skills in costumer service due that is the priority and fundamental part of the company.
When it comes about other employees is like any other job, you will meet some that love what they do and other that simply dislike everything that crosses their way.
The difficult part of the job is meeting goal at the end of the day, for instance meeting profit goals etc.
It is fun and challenging to work here due that is such a busy and visited store.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more