Nordstrom
1,627 reviews

Nordstrom Employer Reviews

great company
Customer Service Representative & Cashroom Lead (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 29, 2014
tough but worth it in the end, you gain experiences if your trying to get in the sales department of any company. great company to work for and also there is always a great team. easy to talk to anyone. company offers many many prizes! feels like a spoiled employment area.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WashingtonJuly 29, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Call center environment, inbound/outbound calling, multitasking, credit card verification, billing/shipping, inventory, knowledge of UPS tracking and website, mentor, chat trained, mathematics, availability, and reliable. Loved Nordstrom open door policy.
So much Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portland OregonJuly 28, 2014
Loved working here and miss the world of fashion. Lots of great experience working with the public.
Competitive work environment
Children Shoe Salesman (Former Employee), Skokie, ILJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: too competitive, especially since our focus was customer service, we often times had over an hour wait in our department which sometimes made the job quite stressfull
Selling kids shoes helped me polish my ability to communicate with both parents and students alike.
productive work place
BP Shoes Department Manager (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, employee discounts, encourage growth within the company
Cons: long hours, work holidays and weekends, demanding customers
A typical work day for a manager consist on 8-9 hours
Helping customers of various needs
I've learned to multitask and take on several roles when needed
I've learned to manage several employees, given monthly opportunities to run the entire store
Manage employees
Hardest part of the job and the long hours and consistently on your feet
Most enjoyable – more... part is knowing you helped a customer with their needs and provided great customer service will doing it – less
Good
Business Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 24, 2014
great place to work. Always having events for clients. Customer service
Department Lead (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 23, 2014
This is a great place to work. The people are friendly and its always exciting to go to work. Everyday you will learn or see something new.
good for students and college students
sales associate (Former Employee), Seattle,WaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: always get breaks and lunch scheduled
Cons: entry level only, no hours
very nice customers. Customer Service very high profile, Co-workers very nice. Lack of training given.
Very Productive and fun!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2014
Typical day consisted of selling and helping customers. Learned many skills, such as selling, customer satisfaction, and other skills. Co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part was to do inventory. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping and seeing satisfaction in customers.
stressful but fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: fast pace enviroment not a lot of busy work
Cons: returns
Lots of work to up sell with low security you wont get returns. Competing with your own team as well as the other departments can be tiring. I loved my department so work usually wet by fast but its hard to be as cut throat as you need to be to make the good money when you like the girls youre working with.
typical day
Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: hour lunch breaks
Cons: commission returns
provide great customer service everyday. E-bar downstairs to coffee is a must everyday. Customers are nice for the most part.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: the people
Felt like family here. worked the switchboard and loved it.
fast paced
Assistant Manager Cosmetics (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 21, 2014
Pros: an upbeat fast paced place to work
Cons: balancing personal time with work
I've learned style flexing when dealing with employees. I've learned the back end of retail and merchandising as well as visual.
The people were great to work with.
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee), Norwood, OHJuly 21, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: having to be downsized
Arrive at work 5 AM clean entire store in 5 hours. I learned I can do any kind of job. everyone was great to work with. The hardest part was cleaning after someone got sick and not getting sick myself. The best part helping customers as a team.
great company
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2014
A inventory specalist is a very productive job, but with great management and teamwork our goals are met
Great place to grow professionally and financially
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: great pay and future opportunities
Cons: the customer is always right even when they are wrong
I was a sales person for the Women's Shoes department. This department was quite challenging because salary was based on commission and competition was high amongst fellow sales people. Nordstrom taught me how to think, reason and communicate quickly and efficiently. The downside was that it was retail sales so the stress level was high during sales – more... events and holidays. Sometimes customers were mean and rude without reason. Fellow employees would also steal your sale which resulted in a loss of trust with your coworkers. – less
Great Company with fun perks and great opportunities
Financial Planner (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: clothing discount, fair compensation, and opportunities for growth.
Cons: there are some roadblocks if you are interested in buying that are hard to work around.
The company is good about keeping employees excited about the company direction and success. It is not unusual for quarterly business meetings to include a recap of the quarter's success with some sort of fun video or slideshow presentation that keeps the audience engaged and intrigued, especially in marketing.
Interesting work environment with long days and opportunities for advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJJuly 19, 2014
Pros: discount, opportunities for advancement, work incentives ex. meal or coffee card
Cons: return rate of clothing, commission based sales.
A typical day at Nordstrom would consist of opening/closing of the registers at the beginning of the day and throughout the day I would assist clients or potential clients that require service. During my two years of commitment at Nordstrom I learned how to juggle multiple clients at once, be a customer service representative, meet and exceed goals – more... that were expected of me by management, as well learning how to be a team leader or product specialist.The hardest and the most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the clients. – less
Excellent environment for fashion and great customer service tips
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare, customer service skills, gain experience
Typically I would come to work with a goal and I would do my best to fulfill the selling goal. I have learned to maintain customer relationships and pull clothing based on customer fashion sense. I have learned how to maintain my own business within the company's business. My co-workers has helped me develop team skills. The hardest part about my job – more... is facing the unknown. You never really know what your day will be like. The unknown is also what makes my job enjoyable. – less
Selling merchandise
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2014
•Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
•Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
•Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
•Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
•Answer questions – more... regarding the store and its merchandise.
•Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
•Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
•Maintain records related to sales.
•Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
•Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items. – less

1 2 3 4 5