Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 4,297 reviews matching the search
Great Customer Service
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
I maintain a balance between service and daily tasks and I learn product and fashion knowledge. I had great mangement training and the work place culture was a great class of people. The hard part of the job was slow days, but the most enjoyable part was to ensuring customer satisfaction
Pros
the reward at the end of the day
Cons
when I did not make my sale goals
Nordstrom Dadeland
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work at, the clients are very nice. If you're going to school they can help you organize your schedule so you will be able to come to work whenever you can. Great management, work environment and parking. The only thing is I would increase pay compensation.
Productive and fun
Visual Stylist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
Nordstrom is a great company that teaches customer and brand loyalty. It was a great experience working for this company because it also teaches you core values of customer services. The best thing that I love about this company is it gives you an Experience.
good place to work
Department Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 19, 2017
the most enjoyable part of your job is being able to teach and coach your team and being able to make someone feel good about themselves.
Great team
Women Shoes (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Overall I would come back to Nordstrom my manager was great, and the team I worked with was awesome!
My manager was very understanding of the people we had on the floor, for any request we had he always tried to approve them if it was possible. The team i got to work with was very honest, helpful of each other since we were commission based only.
I use to be a cashier in which months after I got promoted to be a sales person which is big for the shoes department in my opinion because everyone wants to sell shoes.
Pros
Holiday, sales great d
Cons
Dry months for commission can set you back
great starter job
Assistant Manager Women Shoes (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJanuary 19, 2017
If your a teenager and needs extra cash
KFC is for you. It started my work career path back in 2005.
It was fun while it lasted
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 19, 2017
The Management at Nordstrom is phenomenal. They have an "Open Door" policy that allows anyone that works within the company to talk to an Manager for whatever reason, whether it be positive or a concern. They are also very helpful in helping each other strive and help work with each other towards the company's goals.
Pros
Time off requests.
Cons
Not handling drama situations amongst other co-workers.
Always room to grow
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Great company , Very fast paced . A days work would include working in assigned departent , helping customers with what they needed and being friendly at all times
respectful employee and staff
Packer/Shipper - receiver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 18, 2017
in that company i learned a lot. i learned the process to pack a product, and ship them according to the regulation. is really fun place to work at. everybody is friendly and with respect.
Fun company to work for. Definitely a life style job.
Buyer, Manager and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 18, 2017
I truly enjoyed helping customers at Nordstrom. I learned that by providing excellent customer service I was able to develope a customer base that would come in and shop with me over and over. Nordstrom would promote employees within. I worked my way up the sales ladder from top department sales to department manager and then to department Buyer. My hard work and perseverance paid off at a very young age. Thank you Nordstrom!
very face paced fun place to work
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 18, 2017
selling cosmetics
providing exceptional customer service
educating clients on product use
providing makeovers
maintaining clean appearance of department and counter
meeting goals
Pros
gratis
Cons
sub grouping
LOVED working for nordstrom
Assistant department manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 18, 2017
once you work for a company like nordstrom, it's hard to find a company as good as they are, or even worse it's hard to find a business you frequent that is as good as thier customer service is. It's a blessing and a curse to work for a company that values their employees so well, and teaches them how to be so good to thier customers, that not too many companies can compare to that. It really is an amazing place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
it's retail hours, enough said
Fun Place to work, Great benefits as well
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 18, 2017
I really loved working for Nordstrom, I just got tired of the life I was living at the time in Los Angeles, so I decided to move to ATLANTA to start over. I miss the opportunities that the company gave, the benefits, as well as the gratis. :)
Pros
free gratis
Cons
not much room for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Being introduced to sales and managing various major products led me to pursue marketing in the first place. I was able to grow in a wide variety of places, but with greater emphasis on collaboration.
Keeps you busy, and fun coworkers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2017
On a typical work day everything is busy and there is always something to do. You can learn a lot and its a very diverse work area. The benefits are good, you get the 401K and be able to manage how much you want to receive.
Pros
Breaks depending on shift.
Cons
Scheduling always change without notice, hours get lower, shifts get smaller, lunch breaks are moved around or shortened.
Nordstrom
Proccesor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 17, 2017
I sort, scan out, process out orders as the fall down from the shoots. I lift 45 to 75 pounds n also work on computers I also package out orders n place them on the converabelt when done
Always thinking about you
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 17, 2017
Working here is always a good challenge. You learn something new every day. They encourage advancement and really want to help you.
Great company,everybody is friendly
Online web fulfiller (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Great job,great people love working for this company. Working for this company gave me work experience and gave me an opportunity to meet new people and become more experienced in the work field.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Organized workplace with understanding mangement
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 17, 2017
When asking for a day off or any other requests, management will help you with urgency and be understanding. A typical day at work consists of helping customers, making sure departments are tidy, keeping the back stock area well-stocked.
Fashion Industry
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Constantly changing and focuses on the fashion industry. Keeps you in sync with changing trends of styles and designs. Productive and fun workplace to be a part of.
Pros
Keeps you current with local trends.
Cons
Depends on fiscal periods for different amounts of compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.