Nordstrom Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,738 reviews matching the search
positive energy with room to grow
Yves Saint Laurent Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 23, 2016
Working for Nordstrom is a very exciting environment, great company with room to grow. The happiest part of my work day is when my customers look at themselves in the most positive way after spending time in the makeup chair.
Great work live balance and discount!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2016
Nordstrom's is a fun and laid back place to work. My only complaint is it is still very old school and it is hard to make a difference or change a process.
great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2016
if you are into sales nordstrom is a good company. they motivate you in many ways and they promote from within, the customers are the best part of the job.
great company
sales associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2016
good people, structure, etc. This company is picky about who they choose to work for them, but if you are able to get on with this company there is a lot of room for growth.
Pros
pays well
Good place to work that pays well.
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 20, 2016
Good place to work that pays well. Management has an open door policy that is inviting to new ideas and concerns. Unfortunately this is still a retail job and layoffs can happen based on ups and downs of the retail market. Instead of hiring new staff during the busiest times of the year they instead force employees to work 6 and 7 day work weeks.
Pros
Above-average compensation
Cons
Long hours, mandatory overtime and job security fluctuates with retail ups and downs.
Great Company
Sales Floor/Fashion Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minnesota Mall of AmericaJune 19, 2016
Enjoyed working in sales and the fast paced environment that Nordstrom had to offer. Working in woman's shoes turned out to be a quite different experience as it was only commission based so I was learning everything there was to know about woman's shoes, while learning all the different aspects of sales.
It is a great place to work with great food and guests!
Server (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2016
Every day at work I am challenged to keep my cool under pressure and every day I succeed and leave a better person than I was before I stepped in to work. We are the place to be in Hampton Roads for lunch and most shifts keep me on my toes. I am always prepared and ready for what's next to come. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a guest leaves happier and satisfied for having picked our place to satisfy their hunger.
Stock and Logisitics
Stock and Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJune 16, 2016
I always worked with a small team to complete large assignments. During the holiday season, all items were shipped on time.
productive envionment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2016
Great company to work for. Management seems to really care about employees progressing and bettering themselves. Good discount, and compensation package.
Competitive environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 16, 2016
Work days would be either slow or hectic. Being commission based was challenging in a good and bad way. A good way because it made you set goals and standards to out-do not only yourself, but your coworkers, as well. Competing with coworkers isn't as intimidating as much as it is supporting and pushing each other everyday. However, it could also be bad because during the slow days of work (months after holidays and weekdays) we, employees, wouldn't get paid commission because business would be slow. Overall, working with others, coworkers and customers, was enjoyable because it allowed me to assist, interact, and meet new people everyday.
Up and down
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 15, 2016
The job was day by day nothing seemed to be repetitive. Each day was a new one filled with a million things to do. I learned the importance of organization and neatness at the workplace. Everyone on staff was great and very friendly. Like any job the ups and downs made the days better or worse.
Nordstrom Ok place to work for awhile
Business Manager/Artistry Line, FT (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2016
Overall I learned alot about marketting and maintaining business relationships from this company. I think it is definitely one of the best retailers to work for. Great benefits, okay insurance. very professional. I feel as though this company suffers the most at the mid management level, and in work, life balance issues.

I feel if there would be more additional training and opportunities into different avenues of the company,ex. merchandising, visual etc., after being a seasoned employee, that I would have wanted to continue a career there after 5 years.
Pros
Paid Time Off, paid holidays, okay insurance
Cons
work life balance is not there
Excellent
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2016
Honor working for this company staff and management always very helpful. Learned so much over time and the reviews that they have given me on how to become and better my work habits always helped.
commission sales rep
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2016
Great company, strong core value's. As a sales professional with Nordstrom I've have had the ability to transfer from the Cleveland full line store to Tampa working in the same department as before. Based on my Merits I have achieved the Pacesetters and Star Awards.
benefits
Cons
commission
Service Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 14, 2016
There are lots of opputunites to move up and grow with Nordstrom as long as you are willing to sell.
Pros
They hire amazing people
Cons
managers can be political and may play favorites
Work hard, Fashion Experts, Customer Service, Become Leader
Regional Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
Great place to work. Culture is like no other. You work hard, but you are compensated for it.
Nordstrom teaches you life's lessons that you can go on and take anywhere.
I learned the benefit of giving great customer service, how to be a leader by example and how to drive your business.
I will be friends with so many of my coworkers for life.
Pros
Growth, opportunities to be promoted, learning on the job
Cons
Retail Holidays
Flexible schedule, easy to move
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2016
Sales of clothing. Great work environment for those that need a flexible schedule. Transferring between locations is easy and readily available, meaning that your job can potentially move with you.

Commission based sales may not be for everyone, especially when returns are deducted from what your commission is actually based on. The returns can effectively be deducted for up to a year, and the liberal return policy means that your sales for up to 354 days ago can be returned and effect your paycheck.
Nordstrom was a great company to work for.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 11, 2016
Nordstrom is a great company with many great people. I enjoyed the interaction with my internal customers and external customers.
Pros
Great company
Fun
Sale Associate in the Lingerie Department (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2016
A fun environment and a great group of people to work with. Super fun for people who like interacting with others and being around clothes. Good part-time wo
Enjoyed it for a while
Store Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 8, 2016
The company has great values. They just need to do a better job with the people that they pick to run things. Worked at two different stores where management was immature and not helpful. If you can suck up you can get promoted, you don't have to know anything about the job that you are going for. People that they hire are not autonomous in their work efforts. They have to constantly be supervised, managers included. There is also a blame game that they play, no one takes responsibility for anything. The pay could also be better, it is not worth the stress.
Pros
Great values from the company itself, opportunities to be promoted.
Cons
Need to do a better job of hiring people to be in charge, pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.