Nordstrom
2,214 reviews

Nordstrom United States Employee Reviews

interesting people, great boss
Fashion Board Member (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 20, 2015
this was my favorite job so far. i was able to model clothing at Nordstrom as well as help Nordstrom with marketing strategies such as having a fashion show.
Proactive work place
Women's Specialized Sales Associate (Former Employee), st louis galleriaApril 19, 2015
Great environment, very goal oriented, and customer service is always top priority. As a whole the workplace is diverse, safe, and inviting to customers and employees,
It was an okay workplace
Salesperson (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 18, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, customer relationships, events at work
Cons: micromanagement, not appreicated, dead season
The management here, sucked! Well in my department. It is a good place overall to work at, the money is good. You will experience a dead season, but it does pick back up by summer. HR, does not support you like you think. You receive hour lunches. It is majority commission based, so not fit for shy, timid people.
Great place to work with the opportunity to meet a lot of people and decide your own pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Garden City, NYApril 18, 2015
Pros: Management help, pizza party when store goals are met
Cons: Limited healthcare
Management staff is great and is available for assistant. Managers make sure that they provide all the help they can to ensure that sales associates have all the information and product to efficiently assist customer. Management is helpful in letting associates know about possible promotions in the company.
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2015
Great learning experience for the retail world. Meet lots of great people from within and outside the company(customers), Teaches you to be your own motivated sales person by driving your own business. Surround by amazing merchandise with something for everyone.
Mens Shoe department
Men's Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYApril 18, 2015
Being a salesmen at Nordstrom gave me a sense of responsibility and instill leadership in me at a young age. this was my first job where i kept in touch with all my customers via phone and email. i kept them updated on upcoming sales and events that were occurring at the store. On a daily basis i aid in managing the stock room and keeping it organized
Decent job at best
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2015
Work days were okay. There is a lot of down time which means if your not selling anything you won't make as much money. The company would be better if there was higher pay and better store management
Fashion Foward Company with Fast Paced Setting
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Santa Anita, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, discounts, stock options
Cons: Health Care, Not room for advancement
I have worked for four years for Nordstrom. During my time at Nordstrom I worked in practically every division such as Mens, Womens and Kids. I enjoyed a great deal of product knowledge training and a competetive workplace setting.
I learned how to sell to a diverse group of people on a daily basis. Working in commision sales teaches you how to get out of your comfort zone and try and understand your clients on an individual basis. This could be a struggle if you are an introvert, but in general I saw lots of personal growth throughout my time there.
customer friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakbrook,ILApril 16, 2015
Nordstrom is a fashion forward company the is all about the customer experience from the moment you walk in to the moment you walk out.
Wonderful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 16, 2015
Working for Nordstrom has been one of the best experiences I have had. They truly are a great company to work for and they really do care about their employees. I really loved being able to interact with customers and usually the work environment was a positive place. Of course, like any job, there was some drawbacks in Management but honestly, I wouldn't judge the company based of the management I dealt with.
Great Benefits
Women's Apparel Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIApril 16, 2015
I have worked for Nordstrom for over 8 years. the company great for growth. Great deals at the rack. Work/life balance could be better for salary managers.
Great Company
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Farmington, CTApril 16, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Long hours, Inconsistent pay, Inconsistent scheduling
Great work environment, where customer service is a priority. The company gives you the opportunity to grow and sell in different areas of the store.
Good Work Place
BP / Women's Active & Swim Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor compensation
It's a great workplace but poor compensation. Management needs to be more experienced. I really like the work culture. Lots of fun people to work with.
great company and awesome benefits
Web Team / Season Sales (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Got to walk around the store all day and meet new people
Cons: very repetetive and terrible hours
I would fulfill all online orders / when I sold I would come in and basically stay on the floor and assist anyone who needed help
Company that promotes within.
Bp Shoes and Women shoes 1st Assistant (Current Employee), GARDEN CITY NY 11530April 14, 2015
Pros: promotes within.
Cons: SHIFTS
Nordstrom is a great company to work for. working here has allowed me to build great relationships with co workers and customers. management has taught me to be the servant to my employees to help them grow and get to the next level.The best part of my job is wowing our customers on our exceptional customer service. thanking my co workers for all that they do and seeing them working to there best potential.
Great company
Sales (Former Employee), Brea, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: u
I really enjoyed working for Nordstrom. I am an energetic person and the job required that so it was perfect. Our goal was selling. With my out going personality and my energy, I went far beyond my selling goals and loved every minute of it!
demanding schedule
Warehouse Processor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 14, 2015
Cons: Almost no-notice overtime and many 6 or 7 workday weeks
Many hours available frequently;
Odd shifts available
Nearly all tasks assigned with practically each position requires repetitive motion use by processing employees
Not what it used to be
Cosmetic Business Manager (Current Employee), Natick, MAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Clean, organized, and safe environment
Cons: constant policy changes, poor benefits, fluctuating hours
As the economy has declined, so has the level of service provided as well as management in this company. Every year becomes more of a challenge to maintain salary and service through a consistent decline of resources and stable management. Relatively speaking, it is probably still one of the best retailers to work for, but I have a hard time feeling like I'm in a professional career anymore.
Great Sales enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2015
Overall a good place to work. The culture is okay for someone beginning a sales career. My experience at Nordstom was satisfactory.
Fast pace environment working one on one with customers
Personal Stylist Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 13, 2015
Working at Nordstrom I learned a lot about customer service at it's best! Everyone that works at Nordstrom are top sellers and they have the best customer service you can imagine. I built my customer service skills by working here and I learned how to multitask very well also. A typical day at work was assisting all personal stylist with any retail therapy their clients needed, water, different sizes, shoes etc. It was always a fast pace environment with a lot of movement during the day. All the managers was helpful and very friendly. I really enjoyed working at Nordstrom.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more

Nordstrom Salaries