Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 4,429 reviews matching the search
Great team, great product, great customers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 24, 2017
I love people and love interacting with the customers. My day is complete when I've put a smile on a face and a bag in their hand. My mission is to encourage and inspire people to live their best life and be all they can be. I engage, listen, and direct customer to suggestions of product they may be looking for. I restock, inventory, display, answer phones, send repairs out, problem solve and sell a lot of beautiful things.
Pros
challenged me to engage with people and I love it
Cons
not enough hours
Overall Supportive
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 24, 2017
When you walk into the office you are set up for success as you have your own work space with a computer and phone. You are always surrounded by your peers who are either on the same team or in a different department. At Nordstrom feeling empowered when making decisions was always encouraged. Management was always changing due to people always moving to different departments and or moving up in the company. Management were also very encouraging and supportive when it came down to moving departments or moving up the company ladder.

Answering calls from customers and working with customers within the Nordstrom guideline was easy and sometimes challenging depending on the caller and situation. Depending on the challenging situation there was always an option to team up with another department or manager if needed.
Was an open eye experience to the job force
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 23, 2017
This was my first job which showed me what the world of being in the business entails, the competitiveness, hard work type environment, drive, and focus, and excellent customer service was always the priority.
Pros
Great clothes, great people
Cons
Difficult to acquire assistance as first timer at times.
fun place great benefits flexible with hours
Shiseido counter managet (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 23, 2017
I loved working at Nordstroms the culture is fun clients are great you can advance your position. I enjoyed employee shop days and our employee discounts. Beautiful store beautiful work environment and if your good you can make some money
Pros
hours benefits fun environment
Cons
management can be difficult
Fun loving environment for all staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Amazing company to work for! They truly care about their employees. Many ways to be elevated within the company which is motivation to work your hardest and use best judgement ALWAYS!
It gets old FAST
Sales Associate - Accessories/Shoes (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
If you are looking for a job where you need to work a certain amount of hours - this is not the job - you can work 25 hours one week and 12 the next. They do not guarantee hours. If they hire you as part time or full time that does not mean you will have those hours.

If you are looking for a job that will schedule you according to how hard you work or how long you have been working for the company - this is not the job

If you are looking for a constant flux in managers - you've come to the right place

They demand a lot but do not provide training. You must open credit/debit cards and they will push the $5 incentive but that will show up on your taxes and you will get less money because of it. (They don't mention this)

You can definitely work here and be lazy. As long as you get along with your direct managers they will let you do whatever you want. If you like to work and are responsible prepare to be taken advantage of. It happens ALL OVER

You might love your coworkers but in the end it's not worth it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad hours/scheduling, Bad management, unfulfilled promises
overall good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Good place, good coworkers.
Managent declined after a while.
Big on customer service.
Lack organization.
Overall easy to operate, friendly workers.
Improvements can be made as far as management.
Service Ambassador/ Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Austin TxFebruary 22, 2017
Always had a lack of lateral communication would receive information last second. Management was very helpful except the loss prevention manager he is very personal.
Great job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Not very friendly environment ,but loved the actual work .Not many advancement opportunities ,great pay,lot of layoff days
Returns count against you even years later
Stylist /Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 21, 2017
commission based job, all of your sales returns count against you even years later, plus is having your lunch break at the Nordstrom café and not behind the scenes like most jobs.
Good pay and fun place to work
MEN'S SUIT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Fun place to work and good pay and yearly raises. Managers cared about employees! You learn excellent customer service skills.
Very good interacting experience with customers
Loss Prevention Door Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I loved how to put customer first always even though it's not my job to do certain things I still would go out my way for the customers,
Not all the hype
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
There is a lot of not so great things to say, for starters they are more of helping themselves instead of helping the employee. You as the employee will make the management look better, they are out for themselves not there to help you grow.
Self Paced Atmosphere
In bound shipment laborer (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 21, 2017
Self paced atmosphere very comfortable work environment and approachable management. Great benefits and flexible hours that work to your advantage.
Nordstrom summary
Technology Support Specialist, Desktop (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 21, 2017
People in the company were great to work with and work for.
Very social environment.
Still in contact with many people here
It's great
Logistic Processor (WEB) (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 20, 2017
The benefits are good and the work environment also good. Just have to know how to balance work and personal life and don't let them over work you. Overall is a good company
exciting place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIFebruary 20, 2017
at Nordstrom i started in hourly pay and moved my way up to a sales position. i have learned that woman love shoes lol, it was very exciting to see customers very happy because of the outstanding service they were experienced with, not to mention the reason they come back is because of you, it made the day even better. At Nordstrom, we are committed to provide the best possible service and to do what is right to build lasting relationships with customers.
Pros
health, rewards, challenges
Cons
short breaks, commission return policy
Best place to start out working
Server (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORFebruary 20, 2017
I had the best time working for this company. Everyone I encountered was affable and always easy to work with.
Every day I'd come in to work and set up registers with cash. I would prepare all the desserts to set out on display, prepare coffee and ice, and help the line cooks get everything in order. During the day it was always fast paced so I always made sure to restock everything before break to ensure the over servers were secure. I learned how to work as a team and communicate with customers about issues and help resolve them.
All the people I worked with were hard working and older, but I always made sure to keep up with them and help out any way I could. I enjoyed coming to work every day I was scheduled.
This is a good company.
Sr. Strategy Analyst - Full-time (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 20, 2017
It has been too long since I have worked there. I do not believe I could give an accurate review that is in line with the current management.
Disappointed
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I started with Nordstrom in Dallas and it was a Dream job. Everything was perfect: management, compensation, culture, etc. I was promoted quickly and eventually wanted to try something new in a different region. I chose the NE. Bad decision. Completely different caliber of people and culture. Just terrible. It broke my fervor for the company and my career within it. Had I chose a different region I would have probably been an employee for life.
Pros
Promotion from within, compensation, benefits
Cons
Management, politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.