Nordstrom Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,900 reviews matching the search
Amazing!
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2016
Nordstrom is a wonderful company.
There are so many job opportunities and so many different directions you can go.
Definitely a company I would like to retire with.
Pros
the ability to grow with the company
Work Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 24, 2016
Pros
Nordstrom is a great company to work for as they promotes from within. The environment is inspiring and pleasant to work in and the company offers good benefits.
Cons
Salary employees sometimes work overtime but are not compensated for it; maintaining a work life balance is difficult due to business demands.
Positive work environment, competitive pay
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 24, 2016
Management wants to see you succeed because it reflects positively on them. Sales environment create strong competition if that's your thing then you will enjoy.
Seasonal Warehouse Associate
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 23, 2016
Great company to work for. They work with you as far as you schedule needs. Friendly co-workers and a good team to work for.
Pros
Work with you schedule needs
Cons
Have to have a car to get to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in, Fast paced work environment. Learning experience, Extensive trainings.
Meeting new people and being able to provide face to face customer service.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Lack of Advancement and lack of benefits
Great to be apart of
Communications / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 23, 2016
Deliver exceptional service receiving and responding to incoming calls from customers and co-workers.
Support store operations by being a general resource for customers and employees.
Provide a strong knowledge of store departments, services and events.
Provide daily sales reporting and various updates to the store and its departments
Taking ownership of customer complaints and queries and resolving it in a timely manner.
great company
Packing and Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 23, 2016
cedar rapids fulfillment center is a great place to work. oppurtunities for advancement. incentives for being a great worker. multiple departments to work in.
Pros
good pay
Cons
slow times and can lead to no work some days
pay depends on your work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 23, 2016
Its a fun job if you love fashion and helping people. It can get annoying sometimes when you get hit with returns or if its slow but during peak times theres always a lot of people to help.
Fast paced fun, engaging working environment.
Sales Associate/ Stylist/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 22, 2016
A typical workday will vary, however, one should expect to provide impeccable customer service to each customer that walks into your store/ department. I've learned a great deal about the foundation and principals of the company and the true essence of customer service and relationship building internally and externally.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Extended hours
Amazing place
Salesperson and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 22, 2016
I had the opportunity to learn from this company to gain knowledge for the future. It was a great experience that lead me into my next job. I still keep in touch with managers.
great place to work
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2016
loved the job hat the management
once you learn the system and open up to people youll be great.
good benefits.
oh and there is no return policy so it can affect yours sales for up to a year
Productive environment with massive opportunities to grow within.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  MultipleAugust 19, 2016
Managed budgeting of hours and department expenses with exceptional accuracy and detail. Coached store selling employees, Loss Prevention Agents, and other department managers on proper sensor tagging standards, theft preventative measures and overall store safety. Oversaw overall building security at a multi store level utilizing business best practices and partnered with repair contacts when issues with the alarm systems were detected. Partnered with regional loss prevention teams on a broader scope of shrinkage reduction plans and put in place measures to reduce shrink in stores to as low as .75%. Oversaw two store location loss prevention teams consisting of four employees directly and assisted in leading three other store locations consisting of 8 employees. Worked closely with regional human recourse teams to resolve potential hazards involving store employees in their personal lives that may have negatively affected work place productivity.
positive co-workers, negative managers.
Apparel Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 19, 2016
I was responsible for cleaning and organizing my assigned departments for the day and completing any other required tasks that were asked of by my manager. At first everything was great, I got along with all of my co-workers, and I had a lot of fun with customers as well. Everything was team oriented (supposedly). I learned a lot about communication with customers individually and I did really well as far as signing up customers for rewards. I think where it went wrong was with my manager. I
am not one to blame my managers for all of my problems, but this particular manager was being noticed by several different employees. My manager was definitely one to pick favorites, and I was not one of them. One of my co-workers even quit because she couldn't handle the managers harsh criticism even though she was a top rewarder in the apparel department. I even had several meetings with my manager, resulting in multiple threats that I would be fired. And technically she's not in the authority to do that. Her boss would have to say that to me if it was that serious. If you are going to apply here DO NOT apply for apparel. It sounds like the easiest department to work in but its not. Id recommend the shoes and accessories department or maybe even loss prevention because that manager caused unnecessary stress on a lot of her employees. I heard many unpleasing stories with people who worked with her in the past and they also felt targeted. HOWEVER, the positives would be the discounts. And the building has been newly renovated so they have 2 vending machines for snack and drinks. They occasionally
  more... have contests and such and we even had a potluck one time! Its a very fun environment depending on who you work for. I had a lot of fun and every one is very supportive and friendly. Be aware though when it gets busy you pretty much are on your own to figure stuff out, most managers will put you aside for 10 minutes before actually helping you, and then the customers will be mad at you for taking to long to get a manager. My advice, yes, this is a great opportunity. But it will also be extremely hard depending who you work with.  less
Pros
discounts, great pay, good hours.
Cons
cruel manager, lots of favoritism.
Fun Workplace that encourages employees to be better
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 19, 2016
At Nordstrom we are about service. The company prides itself as the premier clothing retailer, not only because of product, but because of the customer service our clients receive. At work, we outfit clients to the best of our abilities, and make sure they are satisfied with their experience.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential
Cons
No Base pay, solely commission
Jobs You'd Like
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2016
Employers like Nordstrom and Hilton are very recommended in my book, they have job security, great benefits, and a positive atmosphere. If you like great discounts then these jobs are great for that as well!
Fun and fast paced enviroment
Beauty Stylist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 19, 2016
As a Beauty Stylist you are well versed in every brand. A great way to show your customers how to mix and match their products. My favorite part about being a beauty stylist is making someone fill good through products.
it was ok
Host (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 18, 2016
Managment had favorites. i was working in high school while i was a host and even though I couldnt be out past a certain time for school they would keep me until midnight.
very productive
Cashier/Shoes Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 18, 2016
This company would be okay to work for if they treated their employees fairly. Constant change in schedule with no communication skills or warning. Poor management
Pros
decent pay rate
Cons
poor management, poor commuication skills, schedule changes without warning
Fun and exciting
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 18, 2016
Working for Nordstrom is fun and exciting but the managers don't know what they are doing. Some managers want you to grow with the company and others want to hold you back.
Supportive and fantastic company to grow with
West Des Moines - Store Support Manager (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 17, 2016
I have worked for the last 6.5 years for Nordstrom and have learned an incredible amount about being a leader and taking care of the customer. I would not have traded this experience for anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.