Nordstrom
2,246 reviews

Nordstrom United States Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere, with trust worhty employees and managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMay 3, 2015
Working environment was very fun and relaxed. Great diversity, with all employees helping one another. Customers were very polite and workers developed great long-term relationships with customers.
Trying to compete with seniority is sometimes impossible.. & if you're a full time student, FORGET IT.
Customer Service, Retail (Former Employee), Freehold, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: Hourly Pay + Commission
Cons: Unfair management
If you're a full time student looking for a part time job, make this your last resort. They were never understanding when I had a lot of work to do for school, never sympathetic. They would get annoyed if I needed to leave for school as well. Also, I was fired from the dress department because the ladies who had seniority over me "nonchalantly" made me clean THEIR dressing rooms that THEIR customers were in, so that I would not be able to make sales. I tried addressing this with my manager and she was not understanding.
Great work/life balance, great employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: great management, great co-workers.
Cons: Occasional rude customers, short staff, unsteady paychecks.
The company does care about it's employees and overall, it's a decent company to work for. They have a good job balance and life balance which a lot of companies don't offer right away.
Fun Fashion
Department Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 30, 2015
A typical day a Nordstrom was coming in and learning new products. I learned the value of good customer service. Management was amazing and always willing to help. My co-workers were fun and fashionable.
fun work place
Personal Stylist (Current Employee), long islandApril 29, 2015
setting up appointments for clients
help clients pick out outfits from head to toe
open up rewards email clients about new merchandise
Great Company to Work For!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIApril 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, 401k, Goal Oriented, Room to Move Up
Cons: Healthcare enrollment only once a year
I love how goal oriented the company is! Each day I come in to work with my set sales goals. I call my customers and follow up with them on purchases. My managers are great and meet with me once a month to go over goals I had for the month and for the next month. Hardest part is when the store is slow, it can get discouraging at times.
First Warehouse Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 28, 2015
A typical day starts with us waiting for a truck to come in then when it arrives the guys take all the pallets off the trust and stack them. We break the pallets down and remove the boxes that are inside. The boxes inside the pallets contain items that people bought online at Nordstrom.com and are returning for various reasons. We separate the clothing from the shoes, jewelry, and household items put them in totes and send them off with the correct paperwork. What I enjoyed about this job is that it was something new not to challenging but not to easy and that there was always room for advancement.
great place to meet people
Assistant Manager of Womens shoes (Current Employee), Novi, MIApril 28, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work place. freindly co workers
Cons: micro upper management
selling and coaching was a big focus. i learned how to build a productive team and train them to embrace the nordstrom sales strategy. although Nordstrom has streamlined their management system, they are still a pillar of smart business decisions. My co-workers are great. the hardest part of the job was the adapting and accepting the changes Nordstrom continues to go through. my most enjoyable part of the job was learning from predecessors and mentors of the business.
N/A
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2015
The potential to grow with the company is amazing. You are able to travel depending on your mobility. You work with different personalities daily. Customers always tell me how they like the company and the service we provide. You get to build your business as a salesperson or as a manager.
Working at nordstrom was a great experience.
Assistant Lead manager (Former Employee), kansas cityApril 27, 2015
I loved going to work everyday at nordstroms. They provided a great environment to work in. The managers were mainly positive and lending helping hands. My co workers all pulled their own weight at the store. The hardest part of the job was to make sure we provided the best material for the customers.
Great pay and benefits, Horrible Management
Business Manager, Christian Dior Cosmetics (Former Employee), Broomfield, COApril 27, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Management
Great pay and benefits, horrible management. Staff is so competitive because of high commission that it's hard to enjoy going to work everyday. Many customers abuse the liberal return policy which greatly affects your commission.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 27, 2015
Loved working with this company! Even though it was only a seasonal opportunity I had the chance to learn all aspects of a retail sales environment and put my best foot forward.
constant harrassment from fellow workers
Cosmetics Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 27, 2015
Pros: free cosmetics samples
Cons: fired due to gossip alone
Out of most products advertised. No one wanted to train new employees. Dirty & disorganized. Rude & unfriendly co-workers. Hardest part was telling people who found their way in that we didn't have what we were advertising. Paycheck was the best I've made.
See Resume
Interim Manager / Sales (Former Employee), ParamusApril 27, 2015
Cons: Low pay
Acted as Interim Manager while a replacement was being found
 Created new floor designs and merchandise layouts
 Kept up-to-date with product knowledge and merchandising
 Built quality customer relationships that result in increased sales and repeat business
 Met and exceeded sales goals; pitch and sold retail credit and debit products
Great Team Members, Horrible Management.
Sales Rover (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, Customers and Discount
Cons: Store Manager and Hours/Overtime
I worked at the Nordstrom Rack at the Belle Isle Station and honestly it was my worst job experience. I helped open this store and was told that I was hired on as a full time employee with the MWK (Men Women and Kids) department. Later I found out that I was not hired on full time which should have been my first red flag. I continued to work because I was mainly working in the department I was allegedly hired into so I had no complaints until I was occasionally thrown into other departments. The management was by far the worst I have ever dealt with. Of the entire management team there were three who were actually really great however the store manager made sure he ran those great department managers away. Several of my coworkers including myself started leaving when they left. I no longer work for the company and I do not discredit the full line Nordstrom brand but this particular Nordstrom Rack has nothing to offer its employees as long as this store manager is still involved.
Excellent environment with energetic and ambitious people.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJApril 27, 2015
The company was an excellent place to work during the last part of my college career. The managers gave me plenty of information about the business, about sales, and management within the company that helped me learn a lot about myself. The entire environment is based around service experience and making sure that the customer is always being taken care of. The most difficult part of my job would have been working extreme extended shifts for days at a time. However, with the teams that I have had the pleasure of working with, the energy and overall environment makes it the most enjoyable part also. I enjoyed being able to see how specific parts of my business were doing by checking daily and monthly figures and being able to set goals to those facts. I also enjoyed being able to merchandise the sales floor for changing seasons or for a change in customer business.
Upbeat fast-paced environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 27, 2015
Maintain a clean space, with a fun energetic environment and events. Vibrant place with great merchandise, great sales and clientele.
Active and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers, Benefits, and Customer Interaction
Cons: None
A typical day at Nordstrom included many different things, depending on what shift you would work. Displaying new items on the sales floor, rearranging the sales floor, cleaning and tidying of the sales floor, helping customers pick out clothes, shoes, and accessories, creating outfits that suited the customer, and always making sure the customer leaves extremely satisfied with their "Nordstrom experience". During my time with Nordstrom I learned a lot of useful information, such as the many different fits of different clothing, working with a customer to build outfits that suit their style or update their style, how to arrange a sales floor that "flows" when you are shopping, hard work and dedication of a whole new level, and the importance of honesty with your customer. My co-workers were an amazing, fun group. We always worked with each other to accomplish a task and never though better of one another. My manager especially helped me grow so much in a short time, he is truly a great teacher, and an amazing person. The hardest part but at the same time an enjoyable part of the job was when we had a floor move and had to stay late after closing or come in early before opening and completely rearrange the sales floor. There was a lot of heavy lifting, and running around, but teamwork and laughter made for a good time. But by far the most enjoyable part of the job was working hand and hand with a customer and watching them leave happy and satisfied with their "Nordstrom experience".
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaApril 26, 2015
Pros: Learning new trends, great growth potential
Cons: Works every weekend and most holidays
The potential to grow with the company is amazing. You are able to travel depending on your mobility. You work with different personalities daily. Customers always tell me how they like the company and the sevice we provide. You get to build your business as a salesperson or as a manager.
Flexible scheduling
Sales (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: flexible
This has been a great place to work while in college. Management is understanding of my school schedule and works with me when things come up that are priority.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more

Nordstrom Salaries