Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 5,389 reviews matching the search
Go place to work
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 22, 2017
This was a good place to work and also the people there are great people to work with. They have chances to move up in the company at around 6 months and better your self.
cool place to work with lots of growth opportunity
Advanced Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed the job the pay and the quick advancement its a fun place to work and the people you work with are cool management could be better but overall enjoyed my time there
Cons
commute
Developed conflict resolution skills
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 21, 2017
It was a great experience where I was able to develop my leadership skills as well as train and on-board newly hired employees. I partnered with management to review processes and improve procedures.
Pros
Developed leadership qualities
Cons
Difficulty delegating due to wanting tasks to be completed with complete accuracy.
Commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 21, 2017
Commission sales are never easy. You are on the sales floor with a handful of people trying to grab the customer first. It all depends on how hungry you are. The harder you work on your craft, the more sales you will earn.
Pros
discount
Cons
competitive, no structure
If you love retail life
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJAugust 21, 2017
If you love the retail world, Nordstrom is for you. It is a very demanding job- long hours, a lot of work on and off the floor, however the culture is very family oriented and allows for job advancements.
Nope
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 21, 2017
Only liked the discount everything else wasn't worth working there. Pick a busy store because then you get paid more starting there than a slower store.
Consistency
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  1640 Camino Del Rio N.,San Diego, Ca 92108August 21, 2017
Working at the Nordstrom Rack was fulfilling. I used to meet management's and supervisor's expectation. I met different types of customers. The store carries medium to high-end merchandisers. Challenges with high expectations were compact to each other.
Pros
Fulfillment
Upbeat, High-Tech Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2017
Use of modern technology made it easy to be efficient, generous employee discount, overall this was a really positive and upbeat environment to work in.
Decent company
Department Manager (Mens Shoes) (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 20, 2017
Good company to work for. There's plenty of space for advancement. 401k is competitive to other companies as well as health benifits. Would recommend to anyone
Pros
401k commission customer based
Work Alot
Sales Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 19, 2017
Great discounts when you work there. A lot of hard work and long hours when the holiday seasons come around. Very low salaries for the amount of work you do.
Hard work and low pay
Designer Sales (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJAugust 19, 2017
The issue is with lack of educated management and the abusive return policy. The sales associate has the potential to make as much money as possible if it wasn't for the open return policy which has become a crippling force to the company.
Nordstroms was a fantastic employer
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2017
My time at Nordstroms was amazing! I loved the people that i worked with and very much enjoyed coming to work everyday. The work environment was that of a team. Everyone i worked with always went above and beyond for fellow employees and customers alike.
Wonderful Experience
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 19, 2017
A typical day at Nordstrom starts at 8am for managers. We start every day merchandising, and re-merchandising. We check emails and respond to customers before heading to the sales floor. Managers work side-by side with their employees to ensure their success but also to understand what is happening on the sales floor. Depending on the department, managers spend a significant amount of time putting out fires (customer service issues, product issues, sales associate issue etc) As a designer manager, its less about putting out fires and more about focusing on building customer relationships and ensuring our sales people are too. Another time is spent in meetings with vendors, management or individual sale associates. It is a lot of pressure all the time to ensure the high standards are met but its a lot of fun.
Pros
discount, opportunities
Cons
work/life balance
Great Starter Job with great culture
Inventory Processor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2017
overall it was a step back for me to gain further information on back of house duties. The atmosphere is balanced and laid back. Managers are well informed and give you the adequate tools needed to succeed.
Productive days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 18, 2017
productive days, long hours, you have to work hard to grow with the company. You have to be outgoing and team work is priority. A good job for the time being.
sales associate
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 18, 2017
I learned a lot of the life of Nordstrom, and how much this spot means to many people. Through my time working there I would open and close the registers when the mall was closing or shutting down for the evening. I approached customers asking questions and provided them with certain information abut an item of the day, or a special that could have been going on. Customer service was a big thing, we wanted our customers to be happy, so we would do anything and everything to make them leave happy and would want them to come shop with us again.
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2017
The teams are amazing in the technology teams. The company thrives on customer service so your voice matters. All and all a great place to work and call your employer.
it wasn't great
Tailor Shop Administrator (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 18, 2017
To be honest the management there is terrible, the only people there that are trustworthy are the close friends you make there, otherwise everyone will stab you in the back.
Pros
pay was good for tailor shop admin.
Cons
terrible managment, rude managers, hierarchy.
Fun and performance driven company
Sales Associate, St, Louis, MO (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2017
Nordstrom work culture is great. They really give you the freedom to make your own salary. The management is very helpful to get you to the next spot in your career.
I liked my check
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2017
best part is clothes and shoes, check and some people i loved working with. management can suck and there is sadly favoritism. i lied the marked down transfers and food that they sell at the store.
Pros
deals on clothes
Cons
management, work life balance, drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.