Nordstrom
2,251 reviews

Nordstrom United States Employee Reviews

Could be Better
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nashville,TNMay 5, 2015
Nordstrom, overall is a good company to work for. The only drawback is sometimes the employees are about themselves instead of the overall development of the team. Also, some managers are egotistic and forget about the employees being human and people.
Custoimer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Troy, MIMay 4, 2015
Pros: fast pace enviorment, always busy
Cons: on commision-not easy. stressful
I learned so much at Nordstrom and I am very happy I had the opportunity to work there. I had perfected my customer service skills at this company, and learned to handle all sorts of personalities in a very professional way.
great culture
SALES MANAGER HANDBAGS / DESIGNER HANDBAGS (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2015
promoted autonomy - good working environment - a little contradictory on HR decisions - overall had a good time and made some great friends
Fun Job Filled With Wonderful Customers
Server (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJMay 4, 2015
The best part of my day was the customers. There were a few customers that just became a part of your day. The smiles and satisfaction a customer walked away with always made my day.
Nordstrom
Merchandise Support Team Manager (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 4, 2015
Nordstrom is a great company to work for. You learn a lot about team work, customer service and merchandising but compensation is unreasonable.
Great atmosphere, with trust worhty employees and managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMay 3, 2015
Working environment was very fun and relaxed. Great diversity, with all employees helping one another. Customers were very polite and workers developed great long-term relationships with customers.
Trying to compete with seniority is sometimes impossible.. & if you're a full time student, FORGET IT.
Customer Service, Retail (Former Employee), Freehold, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: Hourly Pay + Commission
Cons: Unfair management
If you're a full time student looking for a part time job, make this your last resort. They were never understanding when I had a lot of work to do for school, never sympathetic. They would get annoyed if I needed to leave for school as well. Also, I was fired from the dress department because the ladies who had seniority over me "nonchalantly" made me clean THEIR dressing rooms that THEIR customers were in, so that I would not be able to make sales. I tried addressing this with my manager and she was not understanding.
Great work/life balance, great employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: great management, great co-workers.
Cons: Occasional rude customers, short staff, unsteady paychecks.
The company does care about it's employees and overall, it's a decent company to work for. They have a good job balance and life balance which a lot of companies don't offer right away.
Fun Fashion
Department Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 30, 2015
A typical day a Nordstrom was coming in and learning new products. I learned the value of good customer service. Management was amazing and always willing to help. My co-workers were fun and fashionable.
fun work place
Personal Stylist (Current Employee), long islandApril 29, 2015
setting up appointments for clients
help clients pick out outfits from head to toe
open up rewards email clients about new merchandise
Great Company to Work For!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIApril 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, 401k, Goal Oriented, Room to Move Up
Cons: Healthcare enrollment only once a year
I love how goal oriented the company is! Each day I come in to work with my set sales goals. I call my customers and follow up with them on purchases. My managers are great and meet with me once a month to go over goals I had for the month and for the next month. Hardest part is when the store is slow, it can get discouraging at times.
First Warehouse Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 28, 2015
A typical day starts with us waiting for a truck to come in then when it arrives the guys take all the pallets off the trust and stack them. We break the pallets down and remove the boxes that are inside. The boxes inside the pallets contain items that people bought online at Nordstrom.com and are returning for various reasons. We separate the clothing from the shoes, jewelry, and household items put them in totes and send them off with the correct paperwork. What I enjoyed about this job is that it was something new not to challenging but not to easy and that there was always room for advancement.
great place to meet people
Assistant Manager of Womens shoes (Current Employee), Novi, MIApril 28, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work place. freindly co workers
Cons: micro upper management
selling and coaching was a big focus. i learned how to build a productive team and train them to embrace the nordstrom sales strategy. although Nordstrom has streamlined their management system, they are still a pillar of smart business decisions. My co-workers are great. the hardest part of the job was the adapting and accepting the changes Nordstrom continues to go through. my most enjoyable part of the job was learning from predecessors and mentors of the business.
N/A
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2015
The potential to grow with the company is amazing. You are able to travel depending on your mobility. You work with different personalities daily. Customers always tell me how they like the company and the service we provide. You get to build your business as a salesperson or as a manager.
Working at nordstrom was a great experience.
Assistant Lead manager (Former Employee), kansas cityApril 27, 2015
I loved going to work everyday at nordstroms. They provided a great environment to work in. The managers were mainly positive and lending helping hands. My co workers all pulled their own weight at the store. The hardest part of the job was to make sure we provided the best material for the customers.
Great pay and benefits, Horrible Management
Business Manager, Christian Dior Cosmetics (Former Employee), Broomfield, COApril 27, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Management
Great pay and benefits, horrible management. Staff is so competitive because of high commission that it's hard to enjoy going to work everyday. Many customers abuse the liberal return policy which greatly affects your commission.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 27, 2015
Loved working with this company! Even though it was only a seasonal opportunity I had the chance to learn all aspects of a retail sales environment and put my best foot forward.
constant harrassment from fellow workers
Cosmetics Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 27, 2015
Pros: free cosmetics samples
Cons: fired due to gossip alone
Out of most products advertised. No one wanted to train new employees. Dirty & disorganized. Rude & unfriendly co-workers. Hardest part was telling people who found their way in that we didn't have what we were advertising. Paycheck was the best I've made.
See Resume
Interim Manager / Sales (Former Employee), ParamusApril 27, 2015
Cons: Low pay
Acted as Interim Manager while a replacement was being found
 Created new floor designs and merchandise layouts
 Kept up-to-date with product knowledge and merchandising
 Built quality customer relationships that result in increased sales and repeat business
 Met and exceeded sales goals; pitch and sold retail credit and debit products
Great Team Members, Horrible Management.
Sales Rover (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, Customers and Discount
Cons: Store Manager and Hours/Overtime
I worked at the Nordstrom Rack at the Belle Isle Station and honestly it was my worst job experience. I helped open this store and was told that I was hired on as a full time employee with the MWK (Men Women and Kids) department. Later I found out that I was not hired on full time which should have been my first red flag. I continued to work because I was mainly working in the department I was allegedly hired into so I had no complaints until I was occasionally thrown into other departments. The management was by far the worst I have ever dealt with. Of the entire management team there were three who were actually really great however the store manager made sure he ran those great department managers away. Several of my coworkers including myself started leaving when they left. I no longer work for the company and I do not discredit the full line Nordstrom brand but this particular Nordstrom Rack has nothing to offer its employees as long as this store manager is still involved.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more

Nordstrom Salaries