Nordstrom

2.6K reviews

Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Work
Barista (Current Employee), Towson, MDAugust 28, 2015
Everything is amazing Love my job the customers are greet my co-workers are amazing The management is on point and outstanding
If you like to compete
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COAugust 27, 2015
If you love to compete with other people for sales all the time this job is for you! If you get a manager that suck then your work life wont be very pleasent, if you get a good one, then going to work is a little more pleasant.
Great, but only short term
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 26, 2015
Most coworkers were great. Gained lots of sales and customer service experience which I have definitely utilized in my new job. Discounts were great and store events were always fun. Life outside of work was hard to manage due to very unpredictable schedules which were always "subject to change."
Nordstrom
Department Manager / Sales (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJAugust 26, 2015
Nordstrom is a great company to work for, though I am looking for a career that is located closer to where I live. I'd like a better work/life balance.
Productive and fun place to work.
Retail Sales/Stock/Merchandising (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: A lot of opportunities for advancement within the company.
Cons: Not much. Compensation and benefits were good but can be much better.
Fun place to work. Great people with supportive management. Great place to personally grow and develop. I've learned a lot just from working here and met a great amount of people with creative and awesome personalities. I had an overall great experience and would recommend this company to anyone that are interested in working in the fashion or retail business.
Great team and management to work with.
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2015
Good opportunity to advance within the company. Optional relocation. Great team to work with. Management is knowledgable and professional.
Fun and supportive sales environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clackamas, OregonAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great culture and opportunities
Cons: Pay
Great company to work for, supportive staff and management, allows for flexibility and provides advancement within the company or movement to other departments
Had a nice break room
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJAugust 25, 2015
Pros: break room
Cons: standing all day in the same spot
I would go into work 10 minutes early make sure my station was presentable and everything was in order then i would stand around and greet every customer that walked by, asked them if they needed help with anything. If they did i would help them if they didnt then i would leave them alone and check up on them every 5 minutes or so. I would rinse and repeat that the entire day, and occasionally use the register when people were buying things.
Great team work, and support
fitting room, and sales (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: team work, support, fairness
Cons: hours, used more training
Walk in positive with a positive attitude, attitude is big part of starting off your day and how it can effect people.

Honestly there is a lot of good people out there that what I learned.

Management was good and I did have lot of support

Your CO workers back a Normstrom rack was very supportive and down to earth people.

Not having enough hours, or time. Hardest part was leaving the California Normstrom rack.

Meeting new people and new customers, they made me laugh and it made me enjoy what I was doing.
I was disappointed
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee), Des Peres, MOAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, career environment, happy people, enthusiastic employees
Cons: Uncaring management
I was so excited to be working there. Unfortunately there was management problems. I had health demands that were not met. I was expected to do jobs before proper training or instructions. I was left alone at night, expected to work front of house and clean back of house at the same time with one break at the beginning of a five or six hour shift. More than once I found mold in food and there was a lack of concern among co workers. Nothing was dated for expiration. I was threatened by other employees that they'd get me fired if I complained or changed things there. I had to fight to get my pay checks afterward. It took them 9 months to send an expired pay check to me.
Great Competitive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAAugust 24, 2015
Nordstrom is the type of company where you get to run your own business. There is no cap to the success you gain from working for such a company. Since the earning were solely commission based, the environment was extremely competitive, which drove myself to work even harder. I would definitely recommend this company to those who are starting out in a sales environment.
Sold ladies shoes at upscale retail store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay, keeping up to date on all the latest trends
Cons: worked nights and weekends
Working at Nordstrom was a great experience overall for me. I enjoyed the people and the fast pace. The pay was high for retail, as it was commission based. I had been with Alaska airlines for 6 years prior to working at Nordstrom so I had a strong foundation in customer service, which helped tremendously. The hardest part of the job was the fact that when a customer returned a pair of shoes the commission you earned was deducted from your check. Working weekends proved to be a challenge as well, since I had young children at home. A typical day was basically just running back and forth to the stock room and retrieving shoes for customers. Sometimes I would have two or three customers at a time, which was good for improving my memory skills. One must remember size, style and who wanted which shoe. We were expected to bring out additional pairs for each customer in addition to the pair chosen. We also did inventory, stocked and ordered shoes from other stores. Once I even hand delivered a pair of shoes because a customer needed them as soon as they came back into town for an event.
Learning Environment
Sales Associate, Santa Barbara (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Opportunity of growth within company
Cons: Limited luxury merchandise
Fun work environment with product knowledge provided by veteran colleagues. Monthly goals created unity amongst coworkers. My favorite part of the job was working with coworkers who quickly became outstanding teammates enabling the company to reach monthly goals!
Productive and fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2015
You can expand your customer service skills and ability to learn how to work in a team environment. The place is focused on each customer individually.
Merchandising, selling, developing a strong clientelle, scheduling, creating a strong sales team through coaching, product knowledge and sales
Department Manager /Assistant Buyer (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 24, 2015
Pros: merchandise was terrific, very competative crew, fabulous customers
Cons: extra hours, and when I was a buyer lots of travel
I loved working for Nordstrom and worked my way up from sales associate to assistant manager of Studio, to manager of Studio and Collectors, then on to assistant buyer for the NW region. I prided my self and my business with the attention to detail and the service opportunities we offered our customers. Managing a department of 14 women all on commission had its challenges.
easy going workplace
Sales Associate Women's Shoes (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAAugust 24, 2015
it was a fun place to work that was fully commission based, but you also got to go home if it was slow. all in all a fun place to work.
Competitive
Women's Designer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2015
Promote from within and everything is based on your sales. So if you want to move up with the company, which is quite possible and even encouraged, any other attributes will be over looked if you're not meeting sales goals.
give great customer service its a nice job every body work hard and is friendly
RETAILS SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), chicagoAugust 24, 2015
its a nice retail job to work I recommend it to someone who likes to work for retail its a friendly company everybody works hard and is friends
If you like hair
Lead Sales Person (Former Employee), Aventura, FLAugust 24, 2015
If you have your own clientele and live doing hair then this is the place for you. Its pretty cool and the manager was pretty awesome and understanding.
Best retail company to work for
Seasonal Inventory Processor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 23, 2015
Compared to the other retail establishments I have worked fro Nordstrom is the best. They pay well and have a good philosophy.
Headquarters