Nordstrom
2,228 reviews

Nordstrom United States Employee Reviews

Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaApril 26, 2015
Pros: Learning new trends, great growth potential
Cons: Works every weekend and most holidays
The potential to grow with the company is amazing. You are able to travel depending on your mobility. You work with different personalities daily. Customers always tell me how they like the company and the sevice we provide. You get to build your business as a salesperson or as a manager.
Flexible scheduling
Sales (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: flexible
This has been a great place to work while in college. Management is understanding of my school schedule and works with me when things come up that are priority.
Nordstrom
Benefits Representative (Current Employee), WAApril 24, 2015
I worked for Nordstrom for 11 years and I enjoyed the challenges that was offered during this time.
I liked the people I worked with and the clients we serviced.
Variable
Sales at Men's Sportswear (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: compensation can be good
Cons: many days are at base rate
Constant change of management and staff. The conduct and culture is ideal for College age employees. I beyond that age and sometimes is hard to relate.
Great advancement potential
Department Manager (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 23, 2015
Learned every aspect of running your business. In control of what merchandise you carry in your store, hiring your own staff, managing selling cost and budget.
Look for something else
Call center customer service rep (Former Employee), Santa anaApril 23, 2015
Cons: Everything
I would never recommend working here. Management is horrible busy gossiping instead of actually helping representatives. It's always busy doesn't seem to be enough help. People are always looking for other job opportunities for a reason. It's hard to get any time off even if your sick.
Enjoyable workplace but too slow during slow points
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILApril 23, 2015
Work was fun
Co workers were all outgoing and easy to work with
Clientele were loyal

Very slow at times
Business was too up and down
Great work place. Very flexible
Shoes and Accessories Sales Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 22, 2015
• Making the customer experience quick and easy and fun
• Providing a fast and efficient checkout, answering the phone, making sure the store is clean, clutter free and easy to shop.
• Informing customers all about upcoming events, Nordstrom gift cards and Rewards program.
Customer service is like nothing else
Sales (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahApril 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits/PTO, Co-workers, Customer Relationships
Cons: Politics, Inconsistency from management, work/life balance
In my almost two years at Nordstrom the level of customer service you learn and the level of professionalism is like nothing else and it reputation speaks for it. The relationships you get to create with your customers and the service you can offer is truely remarkable. Also the people that work for the company are the best thing that you can hope for in a job. They really are like a family and that is what keeps most employees there at least in my experience. The tricky part about working for this company is that Nordstrom gives its employees and managers the freedom to "use your best judgment" reguarding any difficult situation that you come across. That being said, the company gives alot of freedom to management to decide what they think is ok and whats crossing a line so every single manager has a different idea of how things should be. this can make working for managers there incredibly difficult. And because Nordstrom has such an entrepenure spirit about it, there are a ton of bias involved in who moves up and who gets demoted/fired in the company. You can be a top seller and work for the company for years but one day if a manger decides they don't like you anymore they can find a reason to fire you or keep you in your spot so you cant move up and thats it. I've seen it happen numerious times. and HR does nothing to help support the employees, they are there to protect the company that is all. So you have to walk on eggshells pretty often because if you end up getting a power trippy manager or vengeful one you'll be stuck in the same place or out of the job pretty quick.
Friendly and Challenging workplace to better oneself
Rover (Current Employee), El Paso, TXApril 21, 2015
Nordstrom will always be known for two assets that make the company: competitive prices and most importantly the customer service. The foundation of Nordstrom is built to ensure satisfaction and happiness among the employee and customer interpersonal communication everyday. Being a rover gives me the ability to learn and work all front end and back end positions that gives the job diversity and fun within the work environment. The environment and people at Nordstrom are friendly and are treated like family which makes the job easier and enjoyable. Management are very motivational and try to inspire the employees to do and be more of themselves. If I had to choose the hardest part of the job, I would say selling as much rewards. There is a monthly quota and it is harder to achieve when working on the sales floor rather than the cashiers. In all I enjoy the people and eco friendly company.
High turnover rate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
Pros: Some co workers
Cons: Scheduling
For the amount of responsibility held the compensation was unfair. Most often the entire day the store was entirely run by two management members making lunches and breaks extremely difficult.
productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 21, 2015
sales positions are challenging during down times such as after holidays and early summer. busy times are during anniversary which is in late july/august and of course holiday season.
Fun culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: short breaks, little freedom to improvise
Overall was a fun experience due to the staff but the management made enjoying the job very difficult. Whether it be petty tasks that took away from helping customers or being told not to help customers to the fullest extent because there is no policy on their issue made it quite frustrating. A little more freedom to help the customers with their issues would be nice.
Beneficial Management Training Program
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 20, 2015
Good program that allows you to learn all about the retail business. Good customer service and training given to the employees. Promised promotions that happen a lot later then told.
interesting people, great boss
Fashion Board Member (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 20, 2015
this was my favorite job so far. i was able to model clothing at Nordstrom as well as help Nordstrom with marketing strategies such as having a fashion show.
Proactive work place
Women's Specialized Sales Associate (Former Employee), st louis galleriaApril 19, 2015
Great environment, very goal oriented, and customer service is always top priority. As a whole the workplace is diverse, safe, and inviting to customers and employees,
It was an okay workplace
Salesperson (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 18, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, customer relationships, events at work
Cons: micromanagement, not appreicated, dead season
The management here, sucked! Well in my department. It is a good place overall to work at, the money is good. You will experience a dead season, but it does pick back up by summer. HR, does not support you like you think. You receive hour lunches. It is majority commission based, so not fit for shy, timid people.
Great place to work with the opportunity to meet a lot of people and decide your own pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Garden City, NYApril 18, 2015
Pros: Management help, pizza party when store goals are met
Cons: Limited healthcare
Management staff is great and is available for assistant. Managers make sure that they provide all the help they can to ensure that sales associates have all the information and product to efficiently assist customer. Management is helpful in letting associates know about possible promotions in the company.
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2015
Great learning experience for the retail world. Meet lots of great people from within and outside the company(customers), Teaches you to be your own motivated sales person by driving your own business. Surround by amazing merchandise with something for everyone.
Mens Shoe department
Men's Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYApril 18, 2015
Being a salesmen at Nordstrom gave me a sense of responsibility and instill leadership in me at a young age. this was my first job where i kept in touch with all my customers via phone and email. i kept them updated on upcoming sales and events that were occurring at the store. On a daily basis i aid in managing the stock room and keeping it organized

1 2 3 4 5

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more

Nordstrom Salaries