Nordstrom Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,911 reviews matching the search
Nordstrom Life
Designer Handbag Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 25, 2016
I was able to make relationships with my customers the number one part of my job, which made it less like work and more like fun. I also was empowered to make floor moves and remerchandising decisions on a daily basis, allowing me to be creative and learn new things about presentation.
Great job culture
Retail Sales Associate - Commission-based (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 25, 2016
I've only been working at Nordstrom for a couple months, but I have to say I am very impressed with their job culture and work environment. Nordstrom leaders are empowering and make you do nothing but to team-play with the rest of the employees to provide the best service possible to the clients. I LOVE my manager, she is just an amazing person, fair, empowering, positive, realistic, and so sharp when it comes to sales.

I just have to say that Nordstrom is an amazing company to work for! If you love sales and and enjoy giving great customer service, this company is for you.. Team leaders will support you on anything you want to achieve.

Ps. it is also awesome to know that no matter who much you sell, there is no limit as to how much commission you can make!
Productive , Strict , Fast-paced
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 25, 2016
I learned a lot at my time at Nordstrom. I worked on commission so i was encourage build relationships with customers so they felt more comfortable shopping with me. I worked in the children's department, which one wouldn't think is the best but i made it work. I learned how to deal with parents and their children. Knowing how to talk to people was extremely important skill to have and i picked up on it very quickly. I was very close with my coworkers. We were more like a family and they always kept a smile on my face even on the hardest days. The management was good. Sometimes we (the coworkers) and them wouldn't see eye to eye but they always had the best intentions for everyone. A typical day there would be first completing whatever pre-selling task in the stock room for about 30 mins. Then I'd talk to the manager about my numbers and see how much i have to sell for the day to get the paycheck i want. After that i get to selling until the end of my shift giving the best service i could possibly give.
Pros
Long Breaks, pay, benefits
Cons
long days
Beauty on Call
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 25, 2016
Love the job, working at different counters, getting to know all the different cosmetic brand. But the hours have gne down drastically for beauty on call
Nordstrom
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed Nordstrom, I loved meeting customers, I am a very hard worker, I enjoyed helping customers find the perfect shoes, opening reward cards for customers.
Pros
the customers
Cons
comission
Fun workplace to learn about the foundation customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 24, 2016
I enjoy assisting customers by providing exceptional customer service and working with my team to achieve positive results. I learned that a team is not just having one person to stand out but if we all collaborate together and every employee stays accountable to daily goals we will all stand out as successful team.
Small cafe with exceptional service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2016
as a cashier my job is to assist customers with anything they may need once they step into the cafe. my main duty is to take orders but i also help with running food, bussing tables and i have also served tables when i am needed. my coworkers are amazing, we are all really close and work well together. my favorite thing about working in the cafe was meeting new people and helping make someones day better by giving them great service.
Productive and fun place to work.
Service Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 24, 2016
Positive work atmosphere and great management. Learn how to balance job and multi-tasking skills. Great co-workers & every day is a learning experience.
Pros
Company potlucks, super friendly group of people.
Strict commission environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
A typical day at work includes coming in, getting coffee from the store coffee bar then having an early meeting with the entire store. We go over goals and past year's sells versus this year's sales. During the day it's about finding the best customer and selling them the most items. They more you sell the more you make. The hardest part of the job is balancing the return policy and daily selling. There's is no policy so it's easy to leave work one day and have a negative earning amount for the day. Where you remain in the hole and have to go to work the next day hoping you aren't further in the hole and that you can sell enough to climb out! The most enjoyable part was the culture. Everyone was going through the same thing so it was easy to make friends
Tiring
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 24, 2016
Working here can take a toll on the body and mind.fast moving place with a staff crw who knows their position and pay attention to detail.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Organization

Want to know more about Nordstrom?

Ask a question
Summary
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 24, 2016
A typical work day at Nordstrom is coming in, immediately communicating with management to see if there is anything new going on in the department like shipment, promotions, remerch of sales floor and then receive a "opener" (a quick task to do before your shift) After that is completed you call any of your customers and update them on there orders, alterations, or anything that you may need to do for your customers period. After that you begin to hit the floor and assist any customers on the floor. That's a quick summary on the day. I love working at Nordstrom for the awesome customer service we provide I greatly enjoy helping others and making there day go smoothly. Although management is very poor now a days and the store manager is not nice or respectful I learned tons working here. Got much better at selling and product knowledge. As well as computer knowledge. I don't believe in a hardest part of a job, I believe there are some challenging things but I enjoy overcoming so would not consider it hard. Just a learning opportunity.
Pros
hour lunch, you pretty much do your own thing, control your customers information and orders.
Cons
Very very poor management, non professionalism, favoritism, conttroled enviorment, non supportive management as well as store manager.
Amazing!
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2016
Nordstrom is a wonderful company.
There are so many job opportunities and so many different directions you can go.
Definitely a company I would like to retire with.
Pros
the ability to grow with the company
Work Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 24, 2016
Pros
Nordstrom is a great company to work for as they promotes from within. The environment is inspiring and pleasant to work in and the company offers good benefits.
Cons
Salary employees sometimes work overtime but are not compensated for it; maintaining a work life balance is difficult due to business demands.
Positive work environment, competitive pay
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 24, 2016
Management wants to see you succeed because it reflects positively on them. Sales environment create strong competition if that's your thing then you will enjoy.
Seasonal Warehouse Associate
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 23, 2016
Great company to work for. They work with you as far as you schedule needs. Friendly co-workers and a good team to work for.
Pros
Work with you schedule needs
Cons
Have to have a car to get to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in, Fast paced work environment. Learning experience, Extensive trainings.
Meeting new people and being able to provide face to face customer service.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Lack of Advancement and lack of benefits
Great to be apart of
Communications / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 23, 2016
Deliver exceptional service receiving and responding to incoming calls from customers and co-workers.
Support store operations by being a general resource for customers and employees.
Provide a strong knowledge of store departments, services and events.
Provide daily sales reporting and various updates to the store and its departments
Taking ownership of customer complaints and queries and resolving it in a timely manner.
great company
Packing and Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 23, 2016
cedar rapids fulfillment center is a great place to work. oppurtunities for advancement. incentives for being a great worker. multiple departments to work in.
Pros
good pay
Cons
slow times and can lead to no work some days
pay depends on your work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 23, 2016
Its a fun job if you love fashion and helping people. It can get annoying sometimes when you get hit with returns or if its slow but during peak times theres always a lot of people to help.
Fast paced fun, engaging working environment.
Sales Associate/ Stylist/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 22, 2016
A typical workday will vary, however, one should expect to provide impeccable customer service to each customer that walks into your store/ department. I've learned a great deal about the foundation and principals of the company and the true essence of customer service and relationship building internally and externally.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Extended hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.