Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 5,084 reviews matching the search
Senior Credit Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 23, 2017
Job is very complicated once you start but you get used to it. You get to learn all about the credit card industry and you will learn fast that Nordstrom customer service is held to a higher standard industry wide because of how awesome it is.
Pros
Incentive for doing good
Cons
Work-Home balance is not ideal
job flexability
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 22, 2017
fun for college student not enough hours someone trying to pay bills,but they do pay great. Great discounts on name brand items. Plus you get extra discounts during peek season.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAJune 22, 2017
At Nordstrom Rack the management is really poor. The store manager is very rude, whenever she talks to her employees she talks to them with attitude and always raise her voice. I witnessed her raise her voice at numerous department managers and walk always rolling her eyes. The hardest part of the job would be getting called to customer service and having to leave the department by yourself as well as having to open by yourself during the weekend and not get any support from any manager or store manager. The communication within the team is very bad, you hear the attitude in their voices as they spoke through the walkie. The employees talk down on each other in the break room and at the registers.
Pros
discount
Cons
Poor management
great
logistics team (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2017
I loved my job and most of my coworkers i planned on retiring from the company but my family moved and i was unable to transfer to a store that was nearby
Department Manager
Jewelry and Watches Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2017
Overall a positive experience. Its a lot of hard work that can pay off. But, you must be patient and not in a hurry.

Compensation is all over the place.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 22, 2017
Working for Nordstrom is so much fun as long as you know how to sell and hustle! If you don't like a fast pace environment, then Nordstrom is not for you. I met a lot of awesome people there (coworkers and customers). If you are customer driven, you will succeed at Nordstrom. Nordstrom is all about their customers and you do make commission, if you don't like people then you won't do well.
Great Place to Be Yourself, Produce, Work Hard, and gain the Success you desire!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 22, 2017
The Rack(Nordstrom) is the most rewarding, productive, and profitable part-time career in this stage of my life. The benefit package is most rewarding, even as a part-time employee.
Fast paced and competitive work environment
Social Media Director/Sales Associate/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 22, 2017
A very fast paced, fun, energetic, an competitive work place. Every day you are faced with new challenges and making new/meaningful cliental relations.
Great job with interesting opportunities
Cosmetics Department Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CA/San Jose, CAJune 21, 2017
I typically had a number of different things to do daily. I was never stagnant. I learned how to deal with many types of people and how to teach them the correct way of the company. The management was always helpful. The hardest part was learning how to manage so many different personalities but the rewards were seeing all of these personalities come together as a team.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 21, 2017
Nordstrom was a very fun and stylish place to work. I loved the customer and my coworkers. They definitely had an great affect on my experience working for the company.
Enjoyable work experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 21, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Nordstrom. The management treated their employees very well. I had a lot of fun with my co-workers. It's hard to sell a lot during winter.
Pros
Great management and training.
Cons
Hard to sell during winter.
sucks working there
Fifth and pine (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 21, 2017
this job sucked the managers were the worst and they would try to talk to you any kind of way they cut your hours after holidays and they just don't care worst place to work don't like black people at all this is in beachwood ohio.
An okay experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 21, 2017
Nordstrom is a great company. Our location however did not receive a lot of business. Most days were slow ad t was hard to reach our daily goals. The Location ended up closing shortly after i started working there.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
Ioved the environment, the customers and staff.
Greet and meet customers , heIped customers with merchandise and any gift ideas. Keep track of numbers and saIes goaI.
Pros
20% empIoyee discount, fun environment
Great place to work!
Process Support Coordinator/Lead (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 21, 2017
I have learned a lot working here. Nordstrom is a great place to work and grow.

The management works well with their employees and works well with everyone.

I actually enjoy coming to work.
Dope
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 20, 2017
If you want a step into the fab life this is a great start. Nordstrom shows you a new way to carry yourself . Your customers are you life line so be sure to create bomb relationships
sales
Sale Associate, Women Shoes (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 20, 2017
great place to work , compensation also a plus. people were great atmosphere was great. Opportunity for growth. a lot of friends were made there. great layout
Pros
people
been with company for 8 years
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2017
have had different managers no clear directions. roles keep changing.technology org keeps changing. benefits are decent. work life balance.nice team and people.
Overall good work place
Assistant Sales Dept Manager- Jewelry (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 20, 2017
It's a good place to work at as long as it's just temporary. Hard to make a career out of it and live comfortably. It's a good work environment still.
Location is everything!
Seasonal Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 20, 2017
Because of the commission-based sales environment, it is best to work in a busy location if you actually want to make money. Manager ratings can vary, I've had great experiences, but I've heard horror stores about other department managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.