Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 4,867 reviews matching the search
My Time At Nordstrom
Sales Associate for Accessories Department (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 21, 2017
All in all, I enjoyed my time at Nordstrom. I loved my department that I worked in and my management team was very supportive of me wanting to advance with the company.
I answer the review as honestly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  narativeMay 20, 2017
after working for Nordstrom for 15+ year I need a change of working envirovement.A change of scenery will do good for my health don't get me wrong I love Nordstrom but it gets old after so many years.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
commission basis
Extremely slow paced work environment
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2017
Little traffic throughout the day, which makes for very slow paced days. Typically the department misses their daily sales goals due to a lack of customers. A lot of conflict with management. Work environment is positive for the most part, with the exception of management. Most days are dull and are not challenging whatsoever.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Department management is poor
Active workplace
Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 20, 2017
Worked there in the summer as a college student - great environment to work at. Fast past, great managers and employees. Worked on my sales and communications skills.
Wonderful company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Hts, MIMay 20, 2017
Great advancement opportunities and classes for people that want management training. Amazing and supportive atmosphere with a great mix of fellow employees.
Sales Associate-Apparel Department (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 20, 2017
Nordstrom Rack is a good place to work. The management is well-trained and exemplifies what the company stands for. The benefits are great if you want a career out of Nordstrom. As a student, my bosses were always great about accommodating my school schedule.
sales
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 20, 2017
Building relationships with customers, stock assignments, and servicing the customer on their terms. fulfilling online orders and handling any customer issues.
Pros
great discount
Cons
30 min lunches
Temporary
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 20, 2017
I was hired as a temp and didn't think I would like the job. I was able to listen to music and do my work with disruptions from others. Everyone was friendly and I never had a problem with anyone. I wish I could go back!!! Pretty good pay and I got paid every friday.
Productive and balanced
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 20, 2017
The overall day at Nordstrom is productive, but depending on the season the work and fluctuate. The company itself has great benefits and pay. If you nave any problems at this company it'll most likely be with other employees.
Energetic and intimate work environment where team comunication is a key component in success.
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 20, 2017
A positive experience with several lessons learned. Through working at Nordstrom I have learned how to efficiently use my time to complete multiple tasks.
Pros
Breaks, Lunches, Opportunities
Cons
Work-life balance can be uneven at times.
Love Nordstrom hate the management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
A typical day in store was very competitive because you have to fight with coworkers to make your sale goals, short lunches, the managers at my store had favorites that got away with anything.
Pros
Discounts, the pay
Cons
Short lunches, micromanaging managers, they cut hours when slow
na
Lancôme Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 19, 2017
Psychotic & shady co-workers and management. Bad medical benefits. You will have no life and will schedule everything around a million Nordstrom events. Pointless morning meetings. Hours will be cut if your counter isn't making sales. Money is good and you get extra $$ per hour if you make pacesetter.
i love wroking at nordstroms one of the best retail places i have ever worked for.
Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Nordstroms I learned a lot working there I had a lot of fun met a lot of cool people great customers great sales trainings good LP people who take care of their customers.
No lunch
Picker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAMay 19, 2017
Alot of walking and stairs, if you cant handle bending and climbing stairs, pushing carts around that can be heavy at times then I wouldnt recommend picking.
Pros
Pay
Cons
short breaks not enough breaks when they have you on OT
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 19, 2017
A typical day at Nordstrom goes as follows:

I come in. I check inventory against the manifest. I put away stock. I tidy up my workspace. I greet and assist customers. I ring customers. I do this until it's time to clock out.
Pros
This job is easy and fun.
Cons
The hours are hectic and varied.
Amazing company for Inner-growth
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 19, 2017
-Great work force
-Amazing benefits
-Competitive pay
-Top customer service guaranteed
-Passion for teaching and growing their employees
-Very diverse
Department Store
Nordstrom Rack Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2017
Excellent Customer service, associate help, and customer satisfation. flexable hours, friendly employees. Manager not as friendly as employees, can be very dissmissive and aggressive
Pros
Store owner very unprofessional
Fast and friendly workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2017
Nordstrom is a great place to work. They are very flexible when working around a school schedule. The hardest part about the job is dealing with customers. A lot of them come in upset about something and as an employee it is your job to fix it and make it right.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Loved my coworkers, and learning on the job
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CAMay 18, 2017
My first week working at Nordstrom's Rack was very stressful, not only did I not have a ton of experience in a face-paced retail environment, the manager was not present the first week. However the other managers were encouraging, and helped me out a lot. A few polices were never explained to me, and did not present their policy book to me until after I had made mistakes. Fortunately they did not take out this mistake on me, for the lack of guidance was on their part. In other words they realized it was their mistake not mine. I found the staff to be courteous, and not demeaning to the "lower status" workers (myself). Overall I enjoyed working there, and would recommend it as a first time job, it was not easy, but it was fulfilling at the end of the day. It was on the job training, and was a crash course in the retail world. I left Nordstrom's Rack due to conflicts with my schooling, and the distance from my school/ home, otherwise I would have tried to stay with this company.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, student friendly
Cons
Fast-paced, kind of disorganized at times
If you like commission based and can do it, this is the place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2017
If you like sell to and enjoy selling this is a great place to work. I experienced discrimination on one occasion with a customer. However, I continued on only to lose my job because I didn't meet the quota. This was the downfall of working in the junior shoes ( BP Shoes) department.
Pros
Food is delicious, Overall a great place to shop
Cons
Commissioned Based Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.