Nordstrom
1,678 reviews

Nordstrom Employer Reviews

great salon
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Natick, MAAugust 20, 2014
great salon, great environment, great co workers, and great clients.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK RETAIL
SALES, CUSTOMER SERVICE, (Current Employee), Cherry Creek,August 20, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: shift changes
WAS LOTS OF DRAMA, ASSOCIATES FIGHTING OVER SALES AND ALWAYS CHANGING POLICIES TO KEEP EMPLOYEES HAPPY. A VERY YOUNG MANGEMENT STAFF. I AM NOW FINISHED WITH MY 2 WEEKS NOTICE AND AM UNEMPLOYED.

I ENJOYED WORKING WITH THE GUEST AND ASSISTING THEM IN SELECTION OF FASHION ITEMS. We HAD A LARGE DIVERISTY OF EMPLOYEES AND I ENJOYED MEETING AND GETTING TO – more... KNOW MY TEAM MEMBERS.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO WORK RETAIL AND IS LOOKING FOR PROMOTION WITHIN. – less
great and profitable
Wardrobe Stylist (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 20, 2014
i loved working for Nordstrom. image great money at young age but was only seasonal. the hardest part of my job was a knowing it was going to end. The most enjoyable part was helping my clients with garment selection and having them leave my dept. satisfied.
Great company to build clientale, overall not a great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAAugust 19, 2014
Providing great customer service and helping customers with purchases.

Not a great company to have a personal life and attending college and trying to maintain a retail career. Managers and employees were not really team orientated.
I have learn a lot from Nordstrom.
Designer Shoes Sales Person (Current Employee), Tysons Corner, VAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: working with my client
Cons: comission base
I like my co-worker. we have good team-work. Management is good as well.
Amazing Company
Store Administrator (Current Employee), Pentagon City, VirginiaAugust 19, 2014
Nordstrom is an amazing company to work for. They value customer service and that is what their culture is all about. They hire the best talent. The retail field is the hardest part of the job, but making customers happy and the people on your team make it worth it.
Customer service oriented
Assistant Manager Fashion Jewelry/Watches (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2014
company provides health benefits
fast paced
customer service oriented
attention to detail
They care about their employees
Cosmetic Sales Associate/ Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 19, 2014
I have nothing but good things to say about Nordstrom as a company. The pay was better than average and there was plenty of opportunity for growth.
Fast-paced busy atmosphere in the sales environment.
Sales Representative, Seasonal (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 19, 2014
Management was very approachable and nice. Fast-paced during the holiday seasons. On your feet most of the day, working on registers and helping guests shopping through the store.
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 18, 2014
Nordstrom was a great learning experience for me. From the customer always being right, I learned a great deal about customer service and how important it is. A vital component to the business.
N/A Already Reviewed
Customer Service Associate/ Mentor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2014
N/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom Company,
N/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom CompanyN/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom CompanyN/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom CompanyN/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom CompanyN/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom CompanyN/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom CompanyN/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom CompanyN/A Already reviewed – more... the Nordstrom CompanyN/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom CompanyN/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom CompanyN/A Already reviewed the Nordstrom Company – less
Exceptional benefits and healthy work environment
Stylist (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAAugust 15, 2014
On a typical day I worked within in my department to maintain and gain new clients from my client book. Some of the duties included: calling for transfers, shipments and holds, personal styling and opening and closing the store.
Learned more than I imagined!
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: 401k, profit sharig, employee stock purchase plan
Cons: retail hours, inconsistant management
16 years, multiple positions
monthly recognition in front of counterparts
fun-beautiful place to work with beautiful people
work life balance hard once I became a mom
retail hours...wanted more corporate hours
support positions so salaried plus bonus
great company to grow with
I.T. Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2014
great pay, advancement based on hard work, must be computer savvy, and willing to learn
great team environment
Advanced Skin Care Representative (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: treated during sales with free food, consistency in policy adherence, great compansation and benefits
Cons: managers move up too quickly in certain instances and were inneffective
changed the way I viewed retail culture for the better. two-day workshop by terri Hawkins changed team morale during stores grand reopening.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAAugust 14, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job would be assisting our customers in every way we can. A lot of customers have needs, and some of them are too shy or think it's too bothersome to voice these needs. What I learned here is that we have to learn to be patient and give them their space when they need it and be observant enough that when they need our – more... help, we will be there immediately to assist them. – less
awesome
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 13, 2014
great, awesome, lovely, best company ever
typical day at work= selling
what i learn=customer is ALWAYS right
management= your superior
co-workers=snobby
hardest part of the job= commission
most enjoyable part= 20% off
Positives and negatives
Sales Associate (Handbags) (Current Employee), MiamiAugust 13, 2014
Pros: potential for great pay. great benefits.
Cons: high turnover. terrible returns. brutal slow season.
Great place to work if you can ignore the generic office politics. You earn based off of the work that you put in. Must be commission driven and very customer service oriented to succeed. Promotes from within. Depending on the department, a large part of your day may be focused on getting out of the negative (sales) due to the company's extremely lenient – more... return policy. (We're often faced with what we call "renters" which are people who buy with the full intent to return it after it has been used - and then buy it again) Extremely sometimes overly-enthusiastic upper-management. Sometimes confusing blurred lines between bending the rules, and going above and beyond for the customer. – less
Great place to advance
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
I was a sales associate. My responsibilities included customer service such as making sure my clients were being taken care of and there needs were met. Also I was responsible for staying up to date on the latest trends, brands and promotions going on within the department and relaying that information to my clients.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tanasbourne, ORAugust 11, 2014
Co workers were very friendly. I had the opportunity to work with all types of people. Learned a lot about customer service, sales, and the importance of organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more