Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 5,373 reviews matching the search
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2017
The teams are amazing in the technology teams. The company thrives on customer service so your voice matters. All and all a great place to work and call your employer.
it wasn't great
Tailor Shop Administrator (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 18, 2017
To be honest the management there is terrible, the only people there that are trustworthy are the close friends you make there, otherwise everyone will stab you in the back.
Pros
pay was good for tailor shop admin.
Cons
terrible managment, rude managers, hierarchy.
Fun and performance driven company
Sales Associate, St, Louis, MO (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2017
Nordstrom work culture is great. They really give you the freedom to make your own salary. The management is very helpful to get you to the next spot in your career.
I liked my check
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2017
best part is clothes and shoes, check and some people i loved working with. management can suck and there is sadly favoritism. i lied the marked down transfers and food that they sell at the store.
Pros
deals on clothes
Cons
management, work life balance, drama
Very competative environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTAugust 17, 2017
The company felt like that you had to walk on egg shells, because there was always someone that wanted to catch you doing something wrong when in reality you were doing your job. Seemed very high school type of environment.
Experience
FASHION CONSULTANT/SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 17, 2017
Nordstrom reached me how important is customer service in business, over all very good company, taking there business very serious, and I liked it, very good training for sales and service.
Customer Service Heaven
Sales/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 17, 2017
I love working with people and working in the Cosmetic industry. Nordstrom provided me with a professional and customer service based atmosphere. Its a great company.
productive
Designer Stylist and sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 16, 2017
i loved working at nordstrom honestly one of the best retail store worked at. very easy going and learned about many designers. learning different brand was my favorite.
Co-Workers
Service Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2017
My co-worker were amazing. But, working for a retailer such as Nordstrom, you have to understand a few things. One, you're going to run into the snooty valley girl almost everyday. They love Nordstrom. Dont get me wrong its a nice place to work and many of the customers a leisure shoppers so they have the best dispositions while shop but, take the good with the bad.
My only big issue was one of my supervisors. And, her boss...they were just very un-accepting of a lot of things. Like they just weren't all they way there.... What had a confused look on they're face a lot and then would ask you to explain obvious things. But, Im almost 100% positive that that is not across the board. From the other department managers, I could tell they're is a high level of intelligence and talking to them was easy.
Pros
Discunt, and Harry and Izzy's is next door and so is Jasons Deli. They're great for lunch.
An incredible working experience.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2017
The workplace was very Professional, Productive and very supportive. I learned everything about retail from Nordstrom and I'm extremely thankful for that.
I learned everything from customer service, to selling, merchandising, training,marketing, analyzing, seeing and thinking in a creative way, buying and building relationships, to negotiation and building a business.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, room to grow and to be promoted.
Cons
not having regular days off, and working longer than 10 hour days, and weekends.
Nordstrom
Scrum Master/Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2017
Working for Nordstrom is very fast paced. The people are great and the advancement possibilities are really exciting. Nordstrom is a big company, but there is always support available.
great product and overall company structure
Men's Clothing Manager, Sales (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 16, 2017
The company has a great product and instills a good work ethic in all its employees! I was pleased to be in sales and management and was impressed with the caliber of overall training that i received!
Pros
training and quality products
Cons
not enough advancement when i tried to get back into management.
Good job
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2017
The Nordstrom Company is a good company to work for if you are on their career track. If you are only looking for part time employment and don't want to move up the company food chain then you are stuck with the local store management which isn't always good. In the years I was there I had 3 changes in store manager and multiple changes in assistant managers...constant adjustment! Loved the staff and the vibe on the sales floor.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Constant pressure to open new credit accounts
Great workplace.
Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 15, 2017
Loved working for this company because they care about their customers as well as employees. It always felt like family because everyone always worked together from department to department. I would work for this company again and would recommend it as a great workplace and work environment.
Pros
everything
Nordstrom
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTAugust 15, 2017
I was a Loss Prevention Agent. A lot of watching the cameras and going out on the floor. I would work bad hours due to I was just hired on for the new store opening up. Loss Prevention manager was awful but others good.
Pros
Good environment, good staff, good pay
Cons
slow paced, bad hours, poor manager
Great work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 15, 2017
If you enjoy commission sales Nordstrom is a great, warm and welcoming environment to work in. The most enjoyable part is seeing your personal growth as a sales person.
Pros
Nordstrom community involvement, advancements
Cons
Customer returns, which can effect your sales
Commission only
Assistant Manager Shoes (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 15, 2017
I would not suggest management. There is money to be made, but if you are in management, you are taken off the floor, so you miss out on that. It was not a good experience.
Competitive environment with many opportunities for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 15, 2017
Nordstrom takes good care of their employees and if you thrive in a fast paced competitive environment this is the job for you. I struggled with how cut-throat the competition was to achieve commission, and in the end discovered that my personality type was not made to work in that environment.
a very fun and creative place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at Nordstrom is so stress free because it is like you are basically running your own business. It can get competitive because it is commission based. The hardest part of the job is not having enough products to sell to customers who want to spend. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting paid to help others spend their money in order to help them look great.
Pros
you meet new people everyday and you get your hands on the latest fashion first
Cons
no overtime, not enough products in-store to sell
great company
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 15, 2017
cares greatly for their employees, great growth opportunity, fast paced and there's always something to learn. great mentors employee discount and product is amazing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval