Nordstrom Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,591 reviews matching the search
Productive and Positive Work Environment
Seasonal Sales Rover (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 29, 2016
The work day was something I looked forward to having. Job was seen as being fun. Typical day at work went by quickly and was enjoyable. I learned how to interact with customers and to put the client first; to restock sales racks; and place orders from the store. The managers of the department I was a part of where very positive to everyone, from co-workers to the clients.
Fun atmosphere and a great place to work if you love customer service
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 29, 2016
Nordstrom is an awesome place to work. It's a wonderful starting point for someone who is maybe in school and looking for a job with flexible hours.
Qualified
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 27, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job would be my ability to remain professional under fast paced working environment and my technical background
Pros
team player
Cons
non
Fun place to work but stressful
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 27, 2016
Productive place to work but is very stressful at times. They are very pressed about making your sales goals.Management is terrible. Not very encouraging.
Great Experience
Sales floor/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJApril 27, 2016
I worked in the children's shoe dept. years ago. I was a great experience. Management was great. I would work for this company again.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Retail
one of the best retail jobs I've had
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 27, 2016
great benefits such as paid time off, and health care benefits as well as a 401k. flexible schedule and fast paced commission sales pay. commission sales are very stressful because while your pay check is different every month, your bills stay the same. not only that, but when a customer returns a product they purchased from you, you are in negative sales and have to sell even more to compensate for the return. it has been a little bit slower these past few years since everyone has made the shift to online shopping so the in store employees are earning less money.
Pros
great benefits and company
Cons
returns and compensation
innovative atmosphers as well as great customers.
Men's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAApril 27, 2016
A fun and great place to work, very competitive environment team oriented. Was the top seller at my store for 8 years. Also working with this company was very rewarding career with the ability to grow within the company.
Pros
extensive bonus packages
Cons
bad management
love to sell and build realtionships
Personal Stylist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 26, 2016
pay is inconsistent, Nordstrom is built on customer service but they are taking away from their sales people by building too much online business
great company to work for really values employees and their growth in the company is important
Couture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 26, 2016
In my department, our manager liked us to run our own businesses. We were not micro managed. When we came into work we were in charge of following up with our customers and setting appointments for them to come in and shop. We would set up dressing rooms full of merchandise for our customers specific needs and wants. It was really up to you to establish relationships with the customers and follow up with them to keep them coming back to shop with you. For me personally, i love styling looks so seeing happy clients put on outfits i had chosen for them was very rewarding. It was especially rewarding when they would have never picked out the look for themselves.
Comission only or minimum wage and get fired.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2016
A typical day starts out with checking a book to see what daily task (chores) you have been delegated. You are required to maintain the work place and push sales on customers, while still graciously taking returns that can pull out of your CURRENT paycheck for up to a year! Co-workers are catty and act as hungry sharks the second a customer approaches the department, they don't care if you have already greeted them. The hardest part of this job is having to listen to a "manager" who believes they are more entitled than you when you can easily do their job far better than them. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you get a great customer who spends at least a $1000 with you, isn't difficult, and doesn't return (at least until a year is over (; !)
Thanks for the great times Nordys!
great environment
Assistant Manager Women Shoes (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2016
nordstrom has a great culture that presents great customer service. . Just like any sales job it is what have you done for me lately but the difference is that they will work with you to help you improve
Pros
leadership is great pay is good for retail
Cons
if you can't deal with people don't bother
Excellent Company
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 26, 2016
The Work at Home program is unparalled to anything in the industry. Nordstrom cares as deeply about their employees as they do about their customers.
life at nordstro rack
Women's/Kids Assistant Manager/ Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 26, 2016
A typical day at work is re-merchandising the sales floor , placing new products and setting department goals for the day. I learned to have a success you have to coach and delegate in order to have control and be successful. Management is a big responsibility because your running a business of your own with other employees under you. Word of advice is to use your best judgement and always put your customers first. Also make sure your taking of your employees as well. Remember your team reflects you.My co-workers are very productive and their great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the customer and merchandising to their likability to drive sales.
Pros
hour lunches, promotios
great place to work
regional chef (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILApril 25, 2016
Customer service and food quality held in the highest regard at this world class retailer, Involved in the restaurant division in its infant stages and help grow it into a 250 mil annum company
Pros
quality of life
Cons
retail is king restaurants not so much
Productive and exciting work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2016
A typical day at Nordstrom consists of greeting guest, menu knowledge up-selling and suggestive selling. Taking orders and cashing guests out. Making salads and pizzas.
Pros
Work life and personal balance.
Cons
sometimes unfairness.
web support review
web support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2016
Assisting personal stylist team in client wardrobe transforming.helping to ensure that stylist personal work area , packages , and client assisting tools were in order assisting with retrieval of client merchandise, and restocking of merchandise.
Young and Trendy place to work.
Retail Management Internship- Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 25, 2016
You are in control of your own pay check when working but you commission sales also rely on the traffic of the store which isnt very busy in off seasons.
great place to work
Artist- MAC COSMETICS (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 24, 2016
Nordstrom is one of the best places to work, besides the great benefit packages they have the management teams are by far the best out there. they have cutting edge technology to help you within your job and to help you connect with the consumer. their streamline visual design makes it easy for the customers to shop as well.
Productive and fun workplace
LOSS PREVENTION (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAApril 23, 2016
Cool job. Management sucks though. My manager was never there and when she was, she was extremely strict and made work uncomfortable
Job Work
Cedar Rapids Packer Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 23, 2016
Nordstrom is great because of the inner advancement opportunities. Yet there are at certain times, work place disagreements that managers are not always equip to deal with but try their best.