Nordstrom
1,689 reviews

Nordstrom Employer Reviews

GREAT
Sales Associate (Former Employee), GambrillsAugust 25, 2014
It is an good job. I worked there when I was in high school. I was a cashier.
Its postive enivorment,with room for growth
Men's Department Lead (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: open door policy, flexiable schedules
Nordstrom provides a positive work environment. They are support their employees by promoting from within.
Top retailer to work for
Management Development Associate (Current Employee), Aventura, FLAugust 24, 2014
Great retailer to start and develop career. It is amazing that Nordstrom keeps their customers as their primary focus. Great employee discount.
Great Managers, Fun Environment and Culture
Service Experience Specialist (Former Employee), OrlandoAugust 23, 2014
Pros: promote from within, restaurant and coffee bar in store
Learned to influence results by building strong relationships with all levels of employees throughout the store.
Strong customer focus with influential managers.
Much like being in high school -- competitive and catty environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Natick and Burlington MAAugust 23, 2014
Very great learning opportunity: typical day was pleasant, customers generally nice and liked hand holding aspect. Management supportive. Hardest part of job was dealing with the very high school atmosphere of co-workers. But I learned! Best part of job: surrounded by lovely merchandise.
Internship with head of merchandising
Assistant to senior Visual merchandiser (Former Employee), South Miami, FLAugust 22, 2014
Nordstrom has a lot to learn from. The associate fight over sales and they are always changing the policies to keep employees happy. non of the department ever made goals unless you worked for the shoe department. but; I'm glad i intern at nordstrom because the experience made me open my eyes wider....
Excellent customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: positive energy, great treatment to customers and employees
Cons: n/a
Loved having hands on with the merchandise. Get to see the new designs and fashion trends come in before it is even released to shelves in the store. My co-workers were amazing. They never hesitated in helping one another. Co-workers never complained about having to close store after work hours. The work room and store floor was so filled with such – more... positive energy. Clean and organized sales floor. – less
Never a dull moment
Department Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, easy to transfer from city to city
Cons: life balance
I have learned so much at Nordstrom. Time management, organization skills, developing a team, customer service and constantly learning something new about myself or the business.
Good Company To Work For
Cleaner/Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 21, 2014
Good Company To Work For. Great career choices and many great departments to work for.
Great company
Rover (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 21, 2014
The great thing about Nordstrom is that they hire management from within. All managers started out as sales associates at some point or another, so they have a fair perspective on the difficulties of the job and know the products well. All of the managers were a delight to work with at my store. With the constant communication (via headsets/radios), – more... the atmosphere between everyone becomes a family-like team environment. At Nordstrom, they give you a pretty clear path on what you have to do in order to move "Down the Pyramid." There are no invisible hoops you have to jump through. It's a set path that everyone has to move through. Also, there is a "Future Nordstrom Leader" program for associates who wish to "Move Down." It's a great program, and I personally learned a lot while getting to network with people and management from other Rack and Full-line stores in my area.

The open door policy makes it a comfortable and easy environment to confide in management about any issues happening on the sales floor. Management welcomes ideas and solutions from sales associates. Basically, it feels like they genuinely care. I think they do a good job of recognizing and rewarding hard-workers too. – less
Friendly work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 21, 2014
Good place to start and grow within the company for a retail career.
great salon
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Natick, MAAugust 20, 2014
great salon, great environment, great co workers, and great clients.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK RETAIL
SALES, CUSTOMER SERVICE, (Current Employee), Cherry Creek,August 20, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: shift changes
WAS LOTS OF DRAMA, ASSOCIATES FIGHTING OVER SALES AND ALWAYS CHANGING POLICIES TO KEEP EMPLOYEES HAPPY. A VERY YOUNG MANGEMENT STAFF. I AM NOW FINISHED WITH MY 2 WEEKS NOTICE AND AM UNEMPLOYED.

I ENJOYED WORKING WITH THE GUEST AND ASSISTING THEM IN SELECTION OF FASHION ITEMS. We HAD A LARGE DIVERISTY OF EMPLOYEES AND I ENJOYED MEETING AND GETTING TO – more... KNOW MY TEAM MEMBERS.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO WORK RETAIL AND IS LOOKING FOR PROMOTION WITHIN. – less
great and profitable
Wardrobe Stylist (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 20, 2014
i loved working for Nordstrom. image great money at young age but was only seasonal. the hardest part of my job was a knowing it was going to end. The most enjoyable part was helping my clients with garment selection and having them leave my dept. satisfied.
Great company to build clientale, overall not a great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAAugust 19, 2014
Providing great customer service and helping customers with purchases.

Not a great company to have a personal life and attending college and trying to maintain a retail career. Managers and employees were not really team orientated.
I have learn a lot from Nordstrom.
Designer Shoes Sales Person (Current Employee), Tysons Corner, VAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: working with my client
Cons: comission base
I like my co-worker. we have good team-work. Management is good as well.
Amazing Company
Store Administrator (Current Employee), Pentagon City, VirginiaAugust 19, 2014
Nordstrom is an amazing company to work for. They value customer service and that is what their culture is all about. They hire the best talent. The retail field is the hardest part of the job, but making customers happy and the people on your team make it worth it.
Customer service oriented
Assistant Manager Fashion Jewelry/Watches (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2014
company provides health benefits
fast paced
customer service oriented
attention to detail
They care about their employees
Cosmetic Sales Associate/ Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 19, 2014
I have nothing but good things to say about Nordstrom as a company. The pay was better than average and there was plenty of opportunity for growth.
Fast-paced busy atmosphere in the sales environment.
Sales Representative, Seasonal (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 19, 2014
Management was very approachable and nice. Fast-paced during the holiday seasons. On your feet most of the day, working on registers and helping guests shopping through the store.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more