Nordstrom
1,822 reviews

Nordstrom Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee), Naples, FLOctober 28, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Nordstrom, but am ready to begin my profession as a COTA.
Productive and fun workplace
Salesperson of Ladies Salon & Designer Shoes (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2014
Working for Nordstrom was a great experience for me. My written and oral skills were enhanced, I learned about creating relationships with clients, keeping them informed about store-wide events, setting appointments with clients, and always using my resources to keep the client coming backm thus helping me to grow my business.

Management was very informative. – more... They were exceptional leaders and ultimately, they assisted me in creating my path for success. If you needed anything to help enhance your business, they were there for you. The best thing about management was that they were very consistent with employee recognition.

I enjoyed my co-workers a lot because we all treated each other like an actual TEAM which is vital for a company's success.

Since employees were on commission, the most difficult part of my job was the return policy. Clients have the opportunity to return merchandise at any moment, no matter when it was purchased or the condition the merchandise was in. No receipt was needed, but the open return policy did keep me motivated to always keep my the relationships with my clients and to create new ones.

I enjoyed being employed at Nordstrom because I'm very passionalte about fashion, goals, and growing my business. – less
I liked working for Nordstrom Rack
Men's Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 27, 2014
I really liked working in this diverse environment. I felt like the team was my family. I really liked to the smell the clothing after a hard days work.
Enjoyed interacting with customers and building a clientele.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 27, 2014
Depending on the day it could be busy or slow. On a busy day there would be a lot of customers, phone calls, orders, go-backs, cleaning, etc. Employees worked on commission so there was some competition between one another while still maintaing a cooperative team environment. Management set goals and coached employees on how to maximize sales and build – more... customer relationships.The hardest part of the job was dealing with an unhappy customer for an issue that occurred at another Nordstrom. It was difficult because you do not know the exact situation. I would solve the issue by doing my best to accommodate the customer while still following company rules (returns, rushed orders/ alterations, etc.) The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with a customer who is unsure what they are looking for but ends up leaving happy and loving their purchase, and returns to continue shopping with you. – less
Competitive sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: great company, discount on retail
Cons: catty environment
competing with close co workers for sales/hours/and customers. Managers played favorites. Although working in retail there was no team collaboration or trend knowledge shared.
fun workplace within department store and personal credit management.
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, COOctober 25, 2014
Pros: numerous opportunities for compensated overtime.
Cons: difficulty with consistent communication between management and staff.
Assisted customers with department store sales and credit account management. I learned a great deal about the credit industry and personal customer service in an inbound call center role.
Sales
Salesperson (Former Employee), californiaOctober 25, 2014
Nordstrom is the best department store i have worked for....my checks we amazing and the people I encountered were fun.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Farmington, CTOctober 24, 2014
Nordstrom Rack is an amazing company to work for. I love the environment and the amazing people. They offer great pay and treat their employees like family.
n/a
Stockperson (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 24, 2014
didnt have the best experience working here. pit stop on my teaching career
Nordstrom Experience
Building Service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: having a whole day after getting off work, benefits, commodity amongst coworkers.
Cons: inconsistency of department management
Nordstrom as a company is by far one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The company has outstanding standards with all employees and for customer satisfactory. Ultimately, I learned how being engaged with coworkers makes working at a company a lot easier to go to everyday. My typical day at Nordstrom started at 4:00 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. and – more... having the responsibility to ensure that the store was clean before 10:00 a.m.often times 8:00 a.m. or 9:00 a.m. for the delight of making this company look like the bright star in the sky for customers to look to for fashion service. Although, I am in disregard of my personal manager, he often was a good manager. From the store manager to each individual store manager, they all treated the support and sales team as if they were happy to see you.There was a balance with coworkers was great, we all worked to cover all open spots to ensure that the job needed was finished before the store opened. We all communicated effectively if we were running late or not coming to work at all. The hardest part of the job was getting to work on time with few hours of sleep. – less
Challenge and exciting workplace
Department Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2014
Nordstrom is a great place to work. Nordstrom only promotes within. Everyday is different and a new challenge. I enjoy merchandising on a daily basis, offering great customer service and teaching my team the Nordstrom culture.
Very Productive
Barista (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: discount, pay raise
Cons: short breaks, commute
It was always a different day. We had celebrities in and out so it was a busy work place. The hardest was always not knowing what to expect but i learned to work under pressure.
Growth Promoting Atmosphere
Associate Sales Lead (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great training, professional atmosphere, overall great management, benefits, job security
Cons: wage compensation low and uncertain
Nordstom is fun, professional place to work. It promotes the growth of each individual employee personally, professionally, and morally. A typical day starts off with a store pep meeting going over goals reached for individual employees and departments as well as encouragement and constructive criticism to reach goals that wer not met. Afterwards the – more... rest of the day consists of checking inventory, research and set up of new/current merchandise for showing. Personal styling when possible for customers as well as record keeping, monetary transactions, and cleaning. – less
Amazing workplace, great management
SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2014
Loved every minute of it! AMAZING training, great staff, overall best company ive worked for
Just A Regular Work Day
Sales; Inventory Processer/Stock Team Member (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: terrible discount, meet new friends
Cons: terrible hours, benefits, pay, uneducated managers
This company seems a lot better on the outside than it does on the inside. Personally being a full time employee that worked for them for two years, I was treated terribly. The way the pay works is ridiculous, and it is impossible to get benefits. Plus, they look more deeply and interview better when it comes to promoting managers because a lot of them – more... do not know what they are doing at all. In addition, the managers could never answer any of your basic questions and neither could Human Resources. Maybe it was just the store I worked at but its no wonder why people quit and are constantly unhappy when they work there. – less
Fun Place to Work
Watch Specialist (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILOctober 22, 2014
This is a great company to work for, the hours are flexible but then again it is retail. The pay is good, as long as you can sell and add on to purchases. Moving up in the company was difficult, it took a lot of butt kissing :)
Clarin's Counter Manager (Current Employee), Batavia, OHOctober 21, 2014
Good place to work, however I am looking to transition out of retail
Commision based income
Salesperson (Former Employee), Montclair, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: the pay checks were not consistent
I would arrive at the store dressed in the most recent styles. Before the doors would open to the public it would be my responsibility to stock all the merchandise, making sure everything in our department ( men's clothing) was perfectly presentable to the customer. I was always ready to greet the customer with a sincere smile and assist the shopper – more... in choosing the exact outfit that they were looking for. I was the cashier responsible for opening and closing the cash drawers for the department. We would transfer merchandise from other stores to the customer's address, and accept all returns that met the company policy. The team that I worked with were all very knowledgeable about what the expectations that were required. The team worked on a commission basis and were always trying to sell the most expensive clothing. I had a hard time doing this because I knew that a shirt that cost $285.00 could be found for mush less in another part of the store that would fit the event. I was able to communicate and connect with any type of personality a shopper had. I really enjoyed meeting new people and establishing a relationship so that when he or she would shop at Nordstrom they would ask for me. Working at Nordstrom was fun but the pay was less than I expected. – less
Great Company to work for - especially if you're into fashion
Sales Associate/ (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great compensation and benefits, fun to work in fashion/retail industry
Cons: often deal with short tempered managers/employees, etc - standing on your feet all day
Great Company - Typical day at work was always busy. You need to be a people person and outgoing, or you will not excel in any role with Nordstrom. Nordstrom is all about customer service, and you will be interacting with so many people on a daily basis.

Sometimes, management tends to take stress out on their employees - so you have to be able to deal – more... with criticism, whether it's constructive or not. Not all management is terrible; it depends on what team you're on.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a discount at your favorite store. – less
n/a
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 20, 2014
Pros: my team mates
Cons: too many hours
It was great ! great pay and also always very busy with many thing Sales were awesome.

1 2 3 4 5