Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 4,889 reviews matching the search
great experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2017
always on your toes customers are great managers are approachable once after working it becomes more like a family atmosphere would definitely work for the company again!
Great teams and fun environment but poor management
Men's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time at Nordstrom and look back on long shifts with the sales team fondly. It was a fun and professional environment where everyone was often helping one another. Changes in management unfortunately caused me to seek other employment.
Pros
Pay, 401k
Cons
Hours, Management
Very Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMay 23, 2017
Nordstrom Cafe was a fun place to work for someone looking for extra cash. Management was friendly and daily tasks were manageable. Hardest part was standing for long hours.
Luxury department-store which will except all returns.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 23, 2017
Luxury shopping experiences with professional and knowledgeable employees who customize every customers visit. Nice work environment with detailed training.
Commision Based Environment
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2017
Some days I would have great sales and during slow times the job became boring and tedious. Co-workers were a bit difficult to deal with when it came to being fair with sales. Great job while you are in college, as I worked seasonally and full time for a year once I graduated college.
Pros
flexible hours and some week days off
Cons
poor income and unenjoyable work environment
Merchant Support team
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 23, 2017
I am in charge of stock for both men's departments. I also help the sales team with ringing up their customers. It is also my job to take care of RACKING and other merchandise that is supposed to be transferred out of the store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 23, 2017
Wonderful place to work if you really enjoy clothes and customers and faced paced environments. I enjoyed meeting customers but was not into the selling aspect.
Exceptional job growth with the company
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2017
Nordstrom was a great place to work! The culture was fantastic! Management cared for it employees and the open door policy was comforting. They were always willing and helpful in moving you up with in the company.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Sales compensation
productive fun place overall
Barista (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
Working for Nordstrom is a constant rush of customers coming in and out. I have learned so much about espresso based drinks and distinguish coffees...
A nice place to work, bounced around to each department .
Rover (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
Being a Rover I got a chance to have a different job each day. I worked in every department within the store, from shoes, mens, women, kids, and accessories. We would try to help serve the customers to their needs.
It is sales
WAITER / CUSTOMER SALES & SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2017
Great place to learn solid customer service and sales experience you can always use in other fields. Only problem is when sales go down the pressure to sell sell sell or be let go is real.
Pros
sales training
Cons
on your feet all day
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
Great workplace culture. A place to grow with the company. Commission based positions available, along with salary based.
Good work environment.
educational
Product Specialist/ Certified MAC Make-up Artist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 23, 2017
Working here has been a great learning experience and I get to work with great people who inspire me. Unfortunately with online shopping retail is dying.
Great People, but sometimes too many
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2017
Nordstrom is a great place to work. I have no real complaints about the company's ethics. There is at times too many people and some overlap with other teams.
Ok working there
COMMISSION SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 22, 2017
I think depending on your manager it can be a fun place to work, but some managers can be kinda harsh. I know Nordstrom has commission sales, but working at the shoe department is tough.
Review of Nordstrom
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 22, 2017
My time at Nordstrom was not well spent. I realized that the culture and environment that I had exposed myself to was just not worth the stress. Retail is bad enough as it is, working at Nordstrom did not make it any better.
Very productive and fast pace environment revolving competition
Picker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 22, 2017
Pick orders according to RF scanners and maintain a quick pace. Walked 75-100% of entire shift to efficiently complete daily goals. Selected products for specific routes according to pick sheets. Followed proper selection procedures as established by the company. Worked at a rapid pace to meet tight deadlines. Transported goods from racks and shelves. Maintained accurate stock records and schedules. Resolved service issues in a timely manner, including coordinating and processing returns.
Pros
Great work place
Fun
Buyer /Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 22, 2017
Fun , helps you grow into professionalism, Promote within
Family oriented, Travel, meet lots of people, You obtain People Skills, Consistent, Fair, Positive environment, You collect a great wardrobe, Time goes by quickly
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Sales, late nights charge up credit card
Excellent Place to Work
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2017
Amazing place to work, excellent culture, professionalism galore, amazing people, work life balance was amazing. Fun atmosphere and all around great place to work.
Pros
Culture was amazing!
Cons
100% commission can be tough during slow months.
loved it
Personal Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
Nordstrom is a great company to work for. Learned alot about entrepreneurship and designers. Management really cares about employees. Hardest part of the job was commission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval