2.5K reviews

Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Stylist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule.
Cons: Limited hours.
• Set appointments with high-end clients.
• Meet with each client to develop a wardrobe plan.
• Accompany the client to various departments to view and select merchandise items.
• Manage product returns and exchanges.
Constant Foot Action
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 26, 2015
Routine work of staying at the cash registers, returning merchandise, transferring phone calls to departments, opening credit accounts, and managers always expecting credit accounts.
great place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), seattle, WAJuly 26, 2015
fun work environment with room for growth. Professional supervisors and great support staff. Very competitive goal setting.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 25, 2015
I was employed by Nordstrom at the age of 19 to the age of 32.
It was a amazing company to work for.
I would go back to this company if it wasnt for the sales comission expected.
I was a very hungry – more... sales person at the time of my employment at Nordstrom.
I achieved alot of great things while working there.
I was a very respected sales person and then went on to be a very respected secretary to the Mens Sportswear buyer.
I left there to work at Rusty for more flexible hours after I had my second child.
Great company.
I am best friends with a few of my co workers to this day. – less
Great Benefits, very easy to lose your job
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee), Mclean, VAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great training and great benefits
Cons: No job security
Loss prevention with Nordstrom is fun and exciting, and has you looking forward to coming to work. The only drawback is you are constantly second guessing your every move because one slip up can cost you your job.
Days at Nordstrom
Salesperson (Current Employee), St. Lous MOJuly 24, 2015
Working in Nordstrom (commission) made me learn to stay on my toes and that to make money in the business you have to run your own business. Emphasize on your skills and take all product knowledge in to consideration to offer the best help you can for every customer.
execellet place to work for
Sales Person (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 24, 2015
Sales experience was great, excellent costumer service provided by the company. If you love what you do job become very easy for what you love doing.
fun and engergetic
Customer Service (Current Employee), King of PrussiaJuly 24, 2015
Great company to work for..fun customers and loyal. The store is big and has a great staff. My co-workers make the work day go by face. We always interact with everyone.
Productive sales job where I worked different types of people from all different backgrounds.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great discount that keep me well dressed and interested in fashion. Promotes within.
Cons: Distance. I live in Los angeles and work in Orange County.
Overall great place to work with many opportunities available, allows you to make your own decisions, I've learned to deal and work with people from many backgrounds. I loved making a difference in people's lives and exceeded customer's expectations where ever possible.
Fun and competitive work environment
Cashier/Seasonal Stocker (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2015
Nordstrom provides a fun and competitive work environment with ability to get commission. The company is structure to allow for job advancement.
Day at Nordstrom
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 22, 2015
Learning about new merchandise, setting up store for a successful turn out, making relationships with customers and becoming very familiar with each face that I see everyday. Learning new things each day to bring to work with me the next day in order for me to grow in my work place
Great Environment
Assistant Manager Kids Shoes (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: GREAT SALE
Cons: HEALTH INSURANCE
Great Company
Little support for sale.
Great opportunities to grow.
Hardest part of job is the little support that is available.
Stressful if not able to sell well. You will unfortunately will be reprimanded is not about to make sales goals.
YOU MAKE AS MUCH AS YOU WANT. YOU MAKE YOUR OWN PAYCHECK.
its okay
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, CTJuly 22, 2015
As a manger, you must be available to work everyday all day. If you work under the right person you will move up quickly. Always stay to yourself and never get too personal
top end of the retail world
Makeup Artist (Former Employee), New EnglandJuly 22, 2015
Pros: pretty good healthcare benefits package, paid time off, paid holidays, fun atmosphere
Cons: you're only as good as what you sold yesterday
If you're going to make a career in retail, do it at Nordstrom. They have a sales-is-king culture and reward those who sell a lot. As a makeup artist working for them and not a sales-minded individual, – more... it was not a perfect fit for me. I enjoyed my days and my coworkers, but the pressure of sales goals is not something that has ever appealed to me, nevermind the "shark"-like attributes of some of the other employees, seeking to do no more than make their commission and go home. That being said, I gave it a lot of my life and I've learned a lot from them and made a lot of great memories. – less
good work enviroment
Customer Service for Apparel Department (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2015
this is my first time working retail and my co-workers help me with my training to make sure I learn everything. I enjoy the talking with the customers about their final selection on the items they are purchasing.
Loved Nordstorm Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 21, 2015
Pros: fun work enviorment, compensation
Cons: none
Established and maintained superior customer service; maintained client portfolios, and followed up on individual sales, service, and special orders to ensure customer satisfaction, professionalism, and – more... loyalty for repeat business. Retrieved cash for department register; assisted with returns, price changes, and moves of merchandise on the floor. Worked closely with all department employees showed strong teamwork towards each other. – less
CSR
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Centennial, COJuly 21, 2015
Learned a lot, really enjoyed the recognition program. Great company to grow your career in. Didn't really enjoy the customers that just call to complain and nothing will satisfy them - that was the hardest part.
One hour lunch breaks plus regular fifteen minutes breaks
Manager (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Little perks $$$
Cons: You have to always be producing
Always good. Learned that customers will return to you if they are satisfied with their purchases. Management was never overbearing and gave a lot of respect. Co-workers for a lifetime.
Fun workplace
Warehouse Transporter (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 21, 2015
The workplace was fun and friendly and made you want to work. We were encouraged to work to full potential. Staff and co-workers were awesome.
Sales Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 20, 2015
My sales experience is as follows:

Greet customers and provide exceptional customer service when assisting with the selection of retail merchandise i.e. women upscale clothing attire as well as upscale – more... women shoes. In addition, supported the layout of fashion boutique to attract customers to experience and extraordinary shopping experience. Met target goal of retail sales daily. Support front office and back office in cash management and reconciliation of daily sale log. Coordinated inventory logs for merchandise and input into database. Maintained work scheduled for team members. Recognized for high sales in woman upscale boutique.

JoElle Clemens – less