Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 5,534 reviews matching the search
Great place for Salespeople, Lacks consistent direction and vision
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Nordstrom excels at providing an atmosphere in which people can thrive, as long as they stay sales people. There are ample opportunities for career advancement, but no consistent guidance to make sure that everyone is on the same page. This leads to many people being told contradictory messages at multiple levels of the company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Horrible work/life Balance
Very good company to work with
Senior Treasury Analyst, Global Cash Management (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2017
Work life balance is good. Managers give equal respect to your views.
Overall a friendly company. Would recommend it to someone who is looking for a great career in Seattle.
Cut throat and heartless
Assistant Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 22, 2017
Will sell out even their best employees to save their a**, image, or a dollar. After 5.5 years of blood sweat and tears I was thrown under the bus to cover up a liability & publicity nightmare that I was the victim of and didn't give a second thought to my life being endangered for doing my job and protecting the company.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Terrible executive-level management
Balance
Specialty Coffee Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2017
I love the Nordstrom culture. They make sure customers are always first and management is there to support their employees. The benefits are amazing as well. The hardest part of the job would include a difficult work and life balance. Due to being in customer service, you must sacrifice family events or any event that will fall on a weekend or holiday. However, it is very rewarding to see that you can be the best part of someones' day by providing wonderful service to them.
fun place
Logistics Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Great people family like fast pace and a place you can learn and grow but only if you are willing to relocate to other store and most of the time it requires moving out of the city
Pros
discoumts
Cons
not many
Interactive, fun and diverse
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 20, 2017
Working at Nordstrom was great experience. I built positive and successful relationships with customers as well as employees. My management team was very supportive and flexible. Nordstrom always has the opportunity for growth if the employee is ready and flexible enough. Overall, it was a wonderful company to work for because of the diversity, incentives and support.
It's the retail job that shows you the ins and outs
Future Nordstrom Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 20, 2017
The sales floor is a shark infested classroom, your either going to sell and succeed or watch every one else and fail.

You get cultured on everything in your department; if you want to be successful you are going to learn more than just your department.

Management will either guide you in becoming a Future Nordstrom Leader (manager in training) or they will be your competition, either way there is much to learn from a servant leader.

You eat, live, and breathe fashion. If you don't know whats in this season, you'll be watching.

Sales, Sales, Sales, oh by the way if your on 100 percent commission, those long hours become your biggest enemy.

It's a play place for a fashionista and when their are learning seminars you will understand so much more.
Pros
It's a play place for a fashionista.
Cons
If your 100 percent commission sales, your going to need a second job.
A good working place
Fitter and Tailor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Place that offers the best possible service, quality and value to the customers. Also, it is very organized job, requires implementing shop standards.
Pros
good benefits
great entry level warehouse job.
Reserve Stock Processor (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Management is the downfall of the company. Great place to work if you have a vision and already know a little about warehousing and its procedures. S
Cut throat and Competetive
Salon Shoes Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Nordstrom has to be one of the best places to work in the Fashion Retail giants. Hands down. the culture, the ethics and the management style is bar none. Also the quality of the products sold is top notch and they do not take customer service lightly which is a perk in itself. Highly recommend working at Nordstrom.

Want to know more about Nordstrom?

Ask a question
Nordstrom is one of the best retail companies to work for in the industry
Women Shoes Sales Brea (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 19, 2017
I was in management for the majority of my career with Nordstrom and learned so much from it from the culture they instill in their employees which I have taken with me in my subsequent positions. The core concept of under promise and over delivery and treating customers as if it is your own business has been a valuable tool to use in any position. They promote creating an environment of taking care of the customer at all times. I enjoyed being able to provide the customer with great service and follow up and having a happy repeat customer.
awful place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
the culture there isn't friendly, when you first start out its ok by=ut he workers aren't nice and they gossip and they anent nice people to be around
Lack of communication
FOOTWEAR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Upper Management was terrible at communicating with lower management and employees. Everything was done last minute because management would drop the ball on communicating important task. So once they decide to communicate this huge task you only have a day or two to complete it.
Pros
Awesome merchandise and benefits
Cons
Know Communication on important task.
Great Culture with Ability to Grow
Buying and Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2017
I loved working here. I wish that Nordstrom had corporate offices on the East coast because I would be there in a second. The culture at Nordstrom is encouraging of continual professional growth which I believe is a sign of a healthy company.
Best retailer to work for, always a clean environment.
Client Service Specialist/Salon Shoes (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 19, 2017
I worked in Salon Shoes and a typical day starts with 30 min stock time then you get put on rotation for customers if it is slow which it usually is. The hardest part of the job is competing with the pacesetters and the down time. Workplace culture is kind of snobby. Most enjoyable part of the job is its not crazy hectic and messy.
Pros
Discounts and insurance benefits
Cons
Down time
they care about you
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PASeptember 19, 2017
the year I spent here was greatly positive, and I regret leaving

if you work hard and efficiently you will advance

one thing I wasn't too fond of was how little I worked in the department I applied for, but as the warehouse wasn't yet 100% ready for two receiving shifts it was understandable

probably the worst part was that breaks were only 15 minutes, and depending on where you are it could be 2-3 minutes just getting to the cafeteria

the holidays were hectic but if you stay focused and don't get stressed it's great money
Pros
$$, easy to move up, beautiful cafeteria
Cons
15 minute breaks, half of which you spend walking
Fun people focused company
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at Nordstrom depends on what time of the year it is. During the busy times, it is busy but that makes the day go by fast. I learned how to multi-task and truly take care of the customer. Nordstrom has a great workplace culture, they try to hear what the employees want out of their jobs. The hardest part of the job is during the busy season, there is not much of a work live balance if you want to do well at your job. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the people. Great people work at Nordstrom.
Pros
Discount, relocation packets with management postitons, able to move upn the company pretty fast
Cons
working like crazy during the holidays and summer, not easy to get rid of bad employees
fast pace and fun place to work if you love fashion and being social
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 18, 2017
Great place to work at if you are a social person who loves fashion. Had a good time shopping with customers and helping them with there shopping needs. The pay was good. The only thing I didn't like are the random hours which made it hard to balance personal life and job. And how u are on you're feet all day long can get extremely exhausting by the end of a the day..especially during a sale.
Pros
Enjoyable and fun place to work with good pay
Cons
Random hours and on feet all day
Loved my job at Nordstrom
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Unfortunately, I ended up with a new and very poor manager or I may not have left my job at Nordstrom. I loved selling dresses to women. I love working with people.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management
Needs some sensitvity training
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 18, 2017
While employed here I was happy with some management and not so happy with most employees. I had a kitchen fire and a car accident the next day with a doctors excusing me from two days of work and still received a points on my attendance.
Pros
pay
Cons
Pep incentive should be designed so that it helps all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval