Nordstrom Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,911 reviews matching the search
Great place to start a rewarding career
Store Administrator/HR (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at work is anything but that. You see and learn so many new things that it is impossible for your day to become routine. The people you meet along the way are so diverse. No one looks the same and that's exactly what building a strong team should be like. We all brought something different to the table which ultimately rewarded us with success. There were some difficult days especially around holiday season when business picked up tremendously. All hands were on deck to service the customer. Whatever your skill level there's something for you within the company.
Great to be apart of
Communications / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 23, 2016
Deliver exceptional service receiving and responding to incoming calls from customers and co-workers.
Support store operations by being a general resource for customers and employees.
Provide a strong knowledge of store departments, services and events.
Provide daily sales reporting and various updates to the store and its departments
Taking ownership of customer complaints and queries and resolving it in a timely manner.
Very Competitive commission based environment
Laura Mercier Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles Town Center, VAJuly 23, 2016
The company is one of the best ones in terms of opportunity of growth. There might be micro Management sometimes. Some of the policies might confront with your interests like achieving your sales goals. For instance, if you work in the cosmetics department, you have to offer free makeovers for the customers which will take a lot of your time without selling. But in the end of the day you will be asked to make your numbers. retail in general can be very stressful and tiring. If you are willing to do it though, Nordstrom will give you good experience.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
Standing on your feet for hours, sales goals pressure.
Resume
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2016
• Ensured Nordstrom’s preferred customers’ expectations were met in an efficient and professional manner at the point of sale;
• Developed relationships with regular customers through cultivating a professional image in words, action, and presentation in a fast paced, high-end environment;
• Exercised entrepreneurial judgment, discretion, and problem solving strategies;
• Supervised and trained new employees and served as senior advisor to co-workers and colleagues.
I find the amount of customer service I am able to deliver the most rewarding thing about working at Nordstrom. I am able to work closely with custom
Receptionist/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 1, 2016
Pros
The ability exceed customers expectations.Growth
Cons
Long hours on your feet BUT IT ALL PAYS OFF
shoe department
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 26, 2016
I would start the day checking to find any single shoes an then call customers when shoes have been found. I would also size the floor, do floor moves,ring up customers, order produce for customers, open accounts, place payments to customers account. I learned that if you have a good leader your team can be afactive. The hards part of the job is that dealing with people that can give a nasty behavior back. I enjoy dealing with people an helping people findwhat they need.
Pros
i get between 30 mintues to hour lunch.
Cons
hours being cut.
Call Center Life
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 30, 2016
A day in the life of working at Nordstrom is coming into a bright atmosphere. You sit next to your peers and can get help when needed. The benefits are great for the most part, and have an okay 401K plan. The most enjoyable part was being around positive people, They had a site up just for Nordstrom Employees that allowed us to view all resources, procedures, and had good communication on changes.
Pros
Able to work a straight 8 hours without a lunch if desired, $20 an hour is really good.
Cons
My husband has better healthcare options through his work, so it would be nice to have Nordstrom replicate those benefits.
Opportuniy for advancement
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJuly 20, 2016
One thing Nordstrom's taught me is that I can be better than the day before. I worked for this company since I was 16, i didn't know a lot about high end fashion, but being in the area showed me a lot. The diversity was by far my favor about the company and they promote from within. I enjoyed ever opportunity i had with this company. The hardest par about the job I would have to say being a personal stylist assistant at 16 that was by far my hardest yet rewarding challenge.
Pros
Promotions from within
Small cafe with exceptional service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2016
as a cashier my job is to assist customers with anything they may need once they step into the cafe. my main duty is to take orders but i also help with running food, bussing tables and i have also served tables when i am needed. my coworkers are amazing, we are all really close and work well together. my favorite thing about working in the cafe was meeting new people and helping make someones day better by giving them great service.
Great job with many benefits!
At Home Sales (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2016
I Have been working for Nordstrom and can only say nothing but great things about the job.
Co workers are amazing from the day you start and whenever you have a question they are more than happy to help in whatever efforts you want to accomplish.
It could be a movement in the company or just help getting to make more money in the company.
They make you feel like you will succeed in that environment.
Pros
Hour Lunches. Great promotions. Great opportunities
Cons
During Holidays it can become a little hectic but nothing too bad
Great family environment like place
Selling Manager Shoes Dept (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2016
Great place to work. Allowed to take care of almost every situation. Opportunity to grow and increase compensation and benefits. Long hours but fun working. Taking care of customers and coworkers was the norm. The chance to grow by developing business pans and the support to meet and exceed the goals.
Great coworkers that became close friends. The challenges were opportunities to excel, and having fun everyday. Always wanted to go to work everyday. The thrill of achieving and exceeding results.
Pros
Great incentive programs like cash, gift cards, travel
Cons
Cutback in support ares
productive and very energetic managers , love this store
Service experience (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work for me is very basic coming into work on time clocking in and seeing all the customers waiting to shop around.i learned new things everyday with this job like the people and what they like to wear and the how to be a great employee.My managers i just loved them , this job made me feel like we were a family they cared alot. As well as my co workers they were all loving.The hardest part of this job to me was working at a retail store because i love to shop as any one would. The most enjoyable part was to see the customers shop around with their family and enjoy all the new merchandise that was out.
Pros
discounts
Nordstrom rocks!
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 11, 2016
I had a great time while working at Nordstrom. I learned a lot of the basic fundamentals of semi- high fashion retail. While there, I learned a lot about creating a personal experience with customers via personal shopping appointments.. Which in turn helped me create the best customer experience possible at other stores in the future. I also really enjoy the professionalism and care for their employees that the managers at Nordstrom have.
Pros
Awesome employee characteristic/customer service expectations and very organized
Fast-paced retailer with opportunity and encouragement for growth
Logistics Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJuly 10, 2016
This current position is unlike any that I've ever had. My day starts very early, and begins with the team and I processing merchandise and preparing the product to go out on the floor. I have never had a job that has been so physically demanding, including lifting boxes, creating cartons, as well as loading and unloading our delivery truck. This would probably be the hardest part of the job, as it requires lots of lifting, bending and potentially strenuous activity
Pros
Early start and end time, allowed to wear jeans and sneakers
Cons
Physically demanding
LOVE Nordstrom
Gear Specialist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2016
Such an amazing company to work for. They are involved in the community and give employees opportunities to donate to charities and to volunteer. They are incredibly inclusive and have been known to participate in PRIDE festivals/parades in various cities. They promote from within and pride themselves on investing in their employees' human capital. They have an open door policy that makes it easy to ever bring up concerns if they should arise. They pay well and have fabulous benefits. All around amazing company. I loved working for Nordstrom and would definitely go back again.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Company Structure
Great For Someone who Loves Sales
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJuly 18, 2016
My typical work day begins with going over daily sales goals and event goals. I help a lot of customers and make phone calls to get customers to come in and shop with me. There is a really high turnover in management. Im my two years of working there I had 4 department managers. It not easy to get promoted either. I believe it easier to come in as a manager.
Pros
discount, coworkers, fun products
Cons
healthcare, pay schedule, event goals
As a stock team member I felt that we did all the work with less incentives as sales team.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 7, 2016
Stock team is responsible for unloading, unpacking and markdown's, corrections. And bringing all items out to the floor. You are also timed and very seldom receives help from the sales team. I felt that management was very "clickish" and I didn't feel appreciated. Stock does most of the work with little compensation.
Pros
good discount
Cons
dusty old smelly clothes that bothered my allergies!!
Good company and fun to work for
Sales Associate/Fragrance&Grooming Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 25, 2016
Learned how to interact with all walks of life in a positive and professional manner. Gained extensive customer service skills and relations. Typically working 40 hours a week with good co-workers and management. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with afferent personalities and building relationships. Hardest part of the job would be earning a higher income.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 6, 2016
Greeting customers as they come to the department to purchase clothing items, also locating items at another location when not in store. I learned communication skills and how to help others. I enjoy the management as they were very helpful when needed. The co-workers were there when needed and help when available. The hardest part of the job was assuring the customers get what there looking for in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
Discount of items
I love the environment, the experience at a high end store and i like the discount
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 6, 2016
I loved stocking the departments before the store opened because it was peaceful and time flew while working. My managers were pretty flexible and not always down your back. The best part of the job was that I got to get experience in dealing with customers and stocking items since I would love to be a retail manager sometime. I loved the discount and learned certain retail terms.