Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 5,078 reviews matching the search
Great Place to Be Yourself, Produce, Work Hard, and gain the Success you desire!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 22, 2017
The Rack(Nordstrom) is the most rewarding, productive, and profitable part-time career in this stage of my life. The benefit package is most rewarding, even as a part-time employee.
Fast paced and competitive work environment
Social Media Director/Sales Associate/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 22, 2017
A very fast paced, fun, energetic, an competitive work place. Every day you are faced with new challenges and making new/meaningful cliental relations.
Great job with interesting opportunities
Cosmetics Department Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CA/San Jose, CAJune 21, 2017
I typically had a number of different things to do daily. I was never stagnant. I learned how to deal with many types of people and how to teach them the correct way of the company. The management was always helpful. The hardest part was learning how to manage so many different personalities but the rewards were seeing all of these personalities come together as a team.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 21, 2017
Nordstrom was a very fun and stylish place to work. I loved the customer and my coworkers. They definitely had an great affect on my experience working for the company.
Enjoyable work experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 21, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Nordstrom. The management treated their employees very well. I had a lot of fun with my co-workers. It's hard to sell a lot during winter.
Pros
Great management and training.
Cons
Hard to sell during winter.
sucks working there
Fifth and pine (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 21, 2017
this job sucked the managers were the worst and they would try to talk to you any kind of way they cut your hours after holidays and they just don't care worst place to work don't like black people at all this is in beachwood ohio.
An okay experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 21, 2017
Nordstrom is a great company. Our location however did not receive a lot of business. Most days were slow ad t was hard to reach our daily goals. The Location ended up closing shortly after i started working there.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
Ioved the environment, the customers and staff.
Greet and meet customers , heIped customers with merchandise and any gift ideas. Keep track of numbers and saIes goaI.
Pros
20% empIoyee discount, fun environment
Great place to work!
Process Support Coordinator/Lead (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 21, 2017
I have learned a lot working here. Nordstrom is a great place to work and grow.

The management works well with their employees and works well with everyone.

I actually enjoy coming to work.
Dope
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 20, 2017
If you want a step into the fab life this is a great start. Nordstrom shows you a new way to carry yourself . Your customers are you life line so be sure to create bomb relationships
sales
Sale Associate, Women Shoes (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 20, 2017
great place to work , compensation also a plus. people were great atmosphere was great. Opportunity for growth. a lot of friends were made there. great layout
Pros
people
been with company for 8 years
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2017
have had different managers no clear directions. roles keep changing.technology org keeps changing. benefits are decent. work life balance.nice team and people.
Overall good work place
Assistant Sales Dept Manager- Jewelry (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 20, 2017
It's a good place to work at as long as it's just temporary. Hard to make a career out of it and live comfortably. It's a good work environment still.
Location is everything!
Seasonal Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 20, 2017
Because of the commission-based sales environment, it is best to work in a busy location if you actually want to make money. Manager ratings can vary, I've had great experiences, but I've heard horror stores about other department managers.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2017
Working At Nordstrom was Very Fast paced, they provided a great working environment and awesome on the Job training. However, managers do not communicate well with employers on updates.
Fun but hard to advance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2017
Really fun environment to work in. Management could do better at recognizing hard workers and acknowledging the positive. It's hard to get more than a 3 out of 5 on your evaluation, which is really discouraging when you work really hard. They tend to play favorites when making decisions on promotions. I would recommend working at Nordstrom Rack to anybody, but to move up to fullline as soon as possible if you are needing or wanting to make more money and/or work up.
One of the best companies to work for. Productive, motivated team-lead environment
Retail Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2017
This summer internship is giving me the ability to work with this amazing company to find out where I want to be in the fashion world. Nordstrom has taught me that teamwork and dedicated, motivated people are the keys to successfully running a business.
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 20, 2017
Everything was clean. Besides some rich customers who would act a little stuck up. Watching them change their mood with good customer service skills is fun.
Typical Day
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 20, 2017
Depending on location and season Nordstrom is usually a fast paced environment. The shoe department and Cosmetics department will be the most busy, especially during holidays or in store events. Nordstrom is all about servicing the customer with your best judgement, so making your customer feel comfortable is most important. Over all, if you are ok with a "retail life" schedule, this is the place for you.
The best of the dreaded retail.
Customer Service/Logistics/Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOJune 19, 2017
Overall not a bad job for being retail, if you are a salesperson you stand on a tile and greet customers all day. And general public isn't always very kind due to you earning off commission and having to push your product hard at times, which can enrage people. The management is usually decent people but they can come off fake at times but how else can you make selling overpriced clothes exciting. Also fraternization can be an issue depending on location. I've seen both and it kills the moral of the store when the upper chain doesn't see hard work when they are advancing their friends.
Pros
Is a solid job in the retail world.
Cons
Pay isn't great depending on what department you are in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.