Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 4,694 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work!!
Clinique Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2017
Awesome benefits and the culture is very nice.Love that they focus on making the customer happy. Great selection of products. Lots of room for advancement
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 21, 2017
My experience at Nordstrom has been positive. I have held different roles and was able to master each of them with the support of management and peers. Attention to customer service was the leading driving factor in the success of every department. I am interested in being challenged and growing a career in a like-field.
Pros
Internal promotion, friendly atmosphere, opportunity, benefits
overall experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 20, 2017
This place helped me learn more about customer service and working with other people in a fast pace environment. However my boss was not very kind and when i was sick made me come in to work because her excuse was a lot of people already called out so yeah i quit after 3 months.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, staff especially boss
OK place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 20, 2017
Pros of working at Nordstrom:
401K
Paid time of
Time off requested usually granted
Store manager is friendly and caring
Friendly work environment

Cons:
No paid sick time
Benefits only granted to those who work over a certain number of hours.
Near impossible to reach those number of hours required
Too much micromanagement
No consistency between managers in each department
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Micromanagement
Awesome Visual Career
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 20, 2017
Nordstrom is a great company. The pay for visual is great. Discounts awesome. Hour lunch break. Benefits are amazing. The only problem the "culture" you have some 20 year old girls who watched Mean Girls and Devil Wears Prada too many times. Too many cliques.
Bi polar management.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
The culture
Nordstrom
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 20, 2017
Nordstrom was great because if you are a good salesperson you will be successful, and management is great for encouraging you and giving sales tips. The internship was hectic as our supervisor for the internship was promoted mid summer.
Fast pace work enviroment in retail sales enviroment
Sales/Personal stylist (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJApril 20, 2017
A very competitive work environment allowing me to exercise my fashion knowledge. Working with clients on appointments as well as obtaining new clients.
good work life balance
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 20, 2017
Great managers, great people. company hires from within. It doesn't even feel like work while you are here. The shifts go by quick. great benefits and pay.
Nordstrom
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Nordstrom. The store manager was awesome, full of energy and very supportive. Retail anywhere is pretty much the same it all in what you make it
interesting
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2017
a great luxury place to be in, working with craft leather goods, and amazing clients, a dedicated and motivated company with great advancement in the company
Pros
customer service
Cons
quota
Amazing place great culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 19, 2017
paid on your efforts. if you apply yourself and choose to learn about the business you will be successful. management is there to assist you in product knowledge and ways to help build you customer cliental.
Excellent Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 19, 2017
Great company to work for. Decent pay, good discount, clean workplace, fun co-workers. Management typically listened to concerns and did their best to work around employees' schedules.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
retail hours
Life at Nordstrom
Service Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 19, 2017
The environment is very friendly. Management is top notch. There's never a dull moment. The best advice I can give is to be positive and use good judgement. The hardest part of the job is working weekends and closing shifts. It's not particularly hard, but it isn't convenient. The most enjoyable part f the job is the people and the fashion/discount.
Well..
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 19, 2017
Honesty, I feel like if I worked at a Nordstrom at a different location, this probably would have been a better experience. However, management is terrible, they're rude, they don't practice what they preach, change scheduled hours randomly without informing you, and not only that, there is nothing about team and development worth convening yourself. However, holiday season and the paychecks are amazing and the only time I felt I could outweigh the cons (plural) with the pro (singular). There aren't even benefits until you have worked for the company for a significant portion of time, but its rare they will give you full time status to reach that goal quickly, unless you have disclosed medical info in which you need to meet it. You also need to keep a certain amount of hours to keep that.
Very good work place opens on time for a break management very good enough
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  17335 Glen Helen Parkway san bernardino ca 92407April 19, 2017
My review was excellent just that seasonal employee so they dismissed me., make sure they use the tokes correctly safety and health care, Safety First
Not what I expected from Nordstroms
Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 19, 2017
I loved my immediate boss, but she wasn't give the tools to succeed. We were understaff because of logistic issues. Some of the team members couldn't get along with each other.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Insurance
No money for hard work.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2017
Nordstrom at City Creek is a premature store for the area. their inventory is slim to none and the transferring of goods is timely and inconvenient. The competitive nature of some sales associates leaves you hanging dry.
Pros
environment
Cons
inventory
fun, competitive place to work
Assistant Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  seatteApril 19, 2017
it was a great place, with great people, sometimes good sales people don't make good managers so not all there managers should be. great on recognizing people for doing a great job
Great company to work for!
Sales Person Men's Sportswear (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 19, 2017
Nordstrom is a great company to work for. If you are self motivated and are ambitious this is a place for you to make a good income. Being a team player is a huge attribute to have if you are looking to avoid strong encounters with co workers, as it is commission based pay. Management is always wiling to teach and help you grow. You just need to have patience and be willing to take advice.
Best Retail Store!
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 19, 2017
I have worked at Nordstrom seasonally for 2 years now and working there has always been the highlight of my summer and winter breaks. The environment allows college students like me to work in a more professional retail environment while still having fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.