2.5K reviews

Nordstrom Employee Reviews

The people are awesome the compensation needs work
Stylist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2015
The people that work here are some of the most creative and amazing people i have ever met. I simply wish the higher ups would evaluate this and start paying people accordingly.
Customer Support is simply that - Repetetive
Home Based Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Work at HomeJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Nice company value system
Cons: Boring work, Company rules are very black and while, Intent doesn't matter
Great company in relation to their philanthropic nature and their genuine care to provide the very best customer service to their customers.

The company is very diversity conscience as well with many awards won.

When it comes to customer service you must still fit into that box. Boring call after call after call with no venting allowed for work at home employees and no room for mistakes.
Great Culture
Assistant Manager E-Bar (Current Employee), Garden City NYJuly 28, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
I love interacting with customers. Educating them about coffee. Having them leave with a smile on their face. Expert multitasker.
Fast paced work place with many opportunities for advancement.
Sales Department Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
There is a lot of opportunity for learning and career advancement. If upper management is what you are looking for then mobility has become a huge priority.
Good work place to hone skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Novi, MIJuly 28, 2015
Nordstrom is a great company to build and advance your personal skill set. Their standard of customer service translates and comes in hand with any future employment position you may take on.
Great work environment
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Escondido, CAJuly 28, 2015
Nordstrom was a great place to work! I thoroughly enjoyed working with the great product and team. It is also a great place to shop.
Fun place to work when it's busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Providence RIJuly 28, 2015
Fun place to work when busy. Very competitive atmosphere between co-workers. It's all about the numbers and bringing in customers.
Competitive work place environment
Certified Leg Wear specialist (Current Employee), Corte Madera, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great pay checks
Cons: commission based
Working at Nordstrom can be a lot of fun when there is a lot of foot traffic on your floor. It is commission based so it makes the environment very competitive and hostile at times. Keeping busy by cleaning and putting away lose items found around the floor or fitting room helps a lot when it is slow and there isn't much to do. A great company to work for especially for students because of the flexible hours.
interesting
store Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), vaJuly 27, 2015
I come in and open the store, once opened I walk around monitoring for shoplifters or any activity that look out of the ordinary. If a shoplifter is caught I then write my report and hold the shoplifter until police arrive. On occasions I have to go to court to testify.
Stylist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule.
Cons: Limited hours.
• Set appointments with high-end clients.
• Meet with each client to develop a wardrobe plan.
• Accompany the client to various departments to view and select merchandise items.
• Manage product returns and exchanges.
Constant Foot Action
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 26, 2015
Routine work of staying at the cash registers, returning merchandise, transferring phone calls to departments, opening credit accounts, and managers always expecting credit accounts.
great place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), seattle, WAJuly 26, 2015
fun work environment with room for growth. Professional supervisors and great support staff. Very competitive goal setting.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 25, 2015
I was employed by Nordstrom at the age of 19 to the age of 32.
It was a amazing company to work for.
I would go back to this company if it wasnt for the sales comission expected.
I was a very hungry sales person at the time of my employment at Nordstrom.
I achieved alot of great things while working there.
I was a very respected sales person and then went on to be a very respected secretary to the Mens Sportswear buyer.
I left there to work at Rusty for more flexible hours after I had my second child.
Great company.
I am best friends with a few of my co workers to this day.
Great Benefits, very easy to lose your job
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee), Mclean, VAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great training and great benefits
Cons: No job security
Loss prevention with Nordstrom is fun and exciting, and has you looking forward to coming to work. The only drawback is you are constantly second guessing your every move because one slip up can cost you your job.
Days at Nordstrom
Salesperson (Current Employee), St. Lous MOJuly 24, 2015
Working in Nordstrom (commission) made me learn to stay on my toes and that to make money in the business you have to run your own business. Emphasize on your skills and take all product knowledge in to consideration to offer the best help you can for every customer.
execellet place to work for
Sales Person (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 24, 2015
Sales experience was great, excellent costumer service provided by the company. If you love what you do job become very easy for what you love doing.
fun and engergetic
Customer Service (Current Employee), King of PrussiaJuly 24, 2015
Great company to work for..fun customers and loyal. The store is big and has a great staff. My co-workers make the work day go by face. We always interact with everyone.
Productive sales job where I worked different types of people from all different backgrounds.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great discount that keep me well dressed and interested in fashion. Promotes within.
Cons: Distance. I live in Los angeles and work in Orange County.
Overall great place to work with many opportunities available, allows you to make your own decisions, I've learned to deal and work with people from many backgrounds. I loved making a difference in people's lives and exceeded customer's expectations where ever possible.
Fun and competitive work environment
Cashier/Seasonal Stocker (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2015
Nordstrom provides a fun and competitive work environment with ability to get commission. The company is structure to allow for job advancement.
Day at Nordstrom
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 22, 2015
Learning about new merchandise, setting up store for a successful turn out, making relationships with customers and becoming very familiar with each face that I see everyday. Learning new things each day to bring to work with me the next day in order for me to grow in my work place
Headquarters