Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 4,700 reviews matching the search
Good hours
Team member (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 25, 2017
Warehouse jobs are never fun. The warehouse has a AC unit thats good, most don't. They give good hours but you can be replaced within a few hours. The employees steal items and take advantage of the lack of supervision. They also wont work with any schedule you live by. Either you work your 8 hours a day or they'll replace you for some one who will be available everyday. So I definitely don't recommend this job to a student. Moving up in the company is nearly impossible unless you know any one. Management is horrible with training and safety guidelines. Employees keep a tight knit and it makes it hard to try to fit in.
Pros
Ac Unit, Good hours
Cons
Short Breaks, No growth, Bad management, No training
Amazing Customer Service, great employee training program
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2017
Amazing Customer Service, great employee training program.
Care about all employees and have create a structured work environment.
In addition, employees are both recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments and hard work.
Pros
Care about all employees/Structured work environment/great training program
Cons
N/A
Productive yet fun environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAApril 24, 2017
This job was one of the best jobs I had. I enjoyed the community and the people I work with, a lot of them becoming my friends. Everything about the company itself is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. I am a true Nordstrom shopper. The only thing that didn't work for me was the new manager that came to my department. She is a horrible example of what Nordstrom employees stood for and act. She takes advantage of those around her and the system, not doing her job, and she is just not nice period.
Competitive sales
Sales Associate/Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2017
Expectations were difficult to measure up to. It was impossible to constantly cold call customers in an attempt to drive your own business. The pressure to create business on my own was exhausting. I burned out after 3 years of working on my feet.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Low pay because of constant unfair customer returns
one of my favorite serving jobs to date
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 23, 2017
work environment is fantastic here! they really go above and beyind to be sure you succeed here! I loved everything about this job. I helped in opening the café when Natick collections opened up.
Pros
perfect job for student, mother, retired etc
Cons
nothing
Fun place to work!!
Clinique Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2017
Awesome benefits and the culture is very nice.Love that they focus on making the customer happy. Great selection of products. Lots of room for advancement
boring
Server (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 22, 2017
poor management corrupt company, all about management, didn't really care about employees or schedules, time off not guaranteed, awful raises, can be demoted
Pros
Cons
terrible place
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 21, 2017
My experience at Nordstrom has been positive. I have held different roles and was able to master each of them with the support of management and peers. Attention to customer service was the leading driving factor in the success of every department. I am interested in being challenged and growing a career in a like-field.
Pros
Internal promotion, friendly atmosphere, opportunity, benefits
overall experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 20, 2017
This place helped me learn more about customer service and working with other people in a fast pace environment. However my boss was not very kind and when i was sick made me come in to work because her excuse was a lot of people already called out so yeah i quit after 3 months.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, staff especially boss
OK place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 20, 2017
Pros of working at Nordstrom:
401K
Paid time of
Time off requested usually granted
Store manager is friendly and caring
Friendly work environment

Cons:
No paid sick time
Benefits only granted to those who work over a certain number of hours.
Near impossible to reach those number of hours required
Too much micromanagement
No consistency between managers in each department
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Micromanagement
Awesome Visual Career
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 20, 2017
Nordstrom is a great company. The pay for visual is great. Discounts awesome. Hour lunch break. Benefits are amazing. The only problem the "culture" you have some 20 year old girls who watched Mean Girls and Devil Wears Prada too many times. Too many cliques.
Bi polar management.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
The culture
Nordstrom
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 20, 2017
Nordstrom was great because if you are a good salesperson you will be successful, and management is great for encouraging you and giving sales tips. The internship was hectic as our supervisor for the internship was promoted mid summer.
Fast pace work enviroment in retail sales enviroment
Sales/Personal stylist (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJApril 20, 2017
A very competitive work environment allowing me to exercise my fashion knowledge. Working with clients on appointments as well as obtaining new clients.
good work life balance
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 20, 2017
Great managers, great people. company hires from within. It doesn't even feel like work while you are here. The shifts go by quick. great benefits and pay.
Nordstrom
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Nordstrom. The store manager was awesome, full of energy and very supportive. Retail anywhere is pretty much the same it all in what you make it
interesting
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2017
a great luxury place to be in, working with craft leather goods, and amazing clients, a dedicated and motivated company with great advancement in the company
Pros
customer service
Cons
quota
Amazing place great culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 19, 2017
paid on your efforts. if you apply yourself and choose to learn about the business you will be successful. management is there to assist you in product knowledge and ways to help build you customer cliental.
Excellent Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 19, 2017
Great company to work for. Decent pay, good discount, clean workplace, fun co-workers. Management typically listened to concerns and did their best to work around employees' schedules.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
retail hours
Life at Nordstrom
Service Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 19, 2017
The environment is very friendly. Management is top notch. There's never a dull moment. The best advice I can give is to be positive and use good judgement. The hardest part of the job is working weekends and closing shifts. It's not particularly hard, but it isn't convenient. The most enjoyable part f the job is the people and the fashion/discount.
Well..
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 19, 2017
Honesty, I feel like if I worked at a Nordstrom at a different location, this probably would have been a better experience. However, management is terrible, they're rude, they don't practice what they preach, change scheduled hours randomly without informing you, and not only that, there is nothing about team and development worth convening yourself. However, holiday season and the paychecks are amazing and the only time I felt I could outweigh the cons (plural) with the pro (singular). There aren't even benefits until you have worked for the company for a significant portion of time, but its rare they will give you full time status to reach that goal quickly, unless you have disclosed medical info in which you need to meet it. You also need to keep a certain amount of hours to keep that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.