Nordstrom Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,672 reviews matching the search
Great place to work.
LOSS PREVENTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 22, 2016
Overall experience at Nordstrom was enjoyable. They had great work system, decent benefits, and made sure everyone was trained to do what they need to do.
Best ever clients
Sales POV, Petite, Encore (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 22, 2016
The biggest asset to Nordstrom as a company is it's customers. The clientele that Nordstrom attracts is quite desirable. It creates a pleasant work environment that is welcoming to me each and every day. They are what drives my business and keeps me engaged.

Nordstrom is a reputable company known highly for their quality merchandise and more importantly their customer service. I service the customer to the highest standard and in return, create a client based business that benefits everyone.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Commission only
Bad Business
Customer Service - Woman Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 20, 2016
There is not much room for advancement. The corporate structure on earning money is not for the advantage of the employee. The return policy effects the employee daily being that it is a commission based job. Customers are allowed to return products at any time while the employee looses money on every item returned.
Pros
Flexibility for time off
Cons
Return policy
I Will forever love this job
Retail Stock and Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 20, 2016
I worked for Nordstrom for almost 5 years, it was the best company that i've ever worked for. the managers are amazing the owners are involved and it basically feels more like a family than a company. The take care of their employees and they make sure that you are recognized if you deserve to be. They will keep an employee before a manager if the manager is a "bad egg" this company will weed out the bad in order to only have goood.
Pros
this job is more like a family and over all i would recommend this job to anyone.
Cons
it can take some time to get rid of all of the weeds
Commission Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2016
My daily expectations at work are servicing every customer who walks in as best I can and to maintain the sales floor. I am also expected to make phone calls outreaching to my customers letting them know about the newest items and promotions. I have learned how to wardrobe, add on items, and build lasting relationships with clients confidently. The atmosphere between coworkers can be trying at times because all customers are serviced by the first person that sees them and sometimes people will end up with multiple clients while others a servicing none. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a work life balance, the weekends and late nights make it hard to have a social life. I absolutely love creating relationships with customers. I have learned so much from the experience of others and I find it incredibly rewarding to put a smile on someones face.
Pros
Social Environment
Cons
competition
Fun Place to Work
Salon Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2016
Great place to work and you never really know how much your clients will purchase unless you bring them options. Sometimes they'd buy them all!
Fun job, friendly coworkers, needy costumers
Shoe Shine (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 19, 2016
Come in open up the stand and wipe down my area. Greet costumers as they enter the store. I learned how to be more open and costumer oriented. Management wasn't stable and the rarely promoted from within the store. The coworkers were cool but they gossip like its a high school. The hardest part about the job was staying busy during the slow times. The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends and building relationships with the costumers.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No lunch breaks
Director, Real Estate Strategy (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 19, 2016
Nordstrom has always been famous for customer service. I fear the future of the company is not as rosy. I am not sure there is a strong future for department stores in the current retail landscape.
fun place to work and great learning experience
web team (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 19, 2016
great customer service and worked in professional environment.
Nordstrom has modern updated selection merchandise in store.
feel very comfortable shopping in store.
Pros
professional enviorment
Cons
Work hard for an O-K paycheck
Sales Associate/ Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 18, 2016
All departments pay rate are different, but majority are commission based. In order to receive a good pay check you must sell A-LOT! But don't get comfortable, if whatever you sold is returned, then that amount is deducted on your next pay check. This was never told to any of the employees while the hiring process. It was hard making a living while working in a "low volume" store. The store itself was ok, but management are very unfair and will have you scanning RACK and doing assistants job on a busy weekend when you could be selling the most. I loved what I did, but for the over all it was very inconvenient. Ask them about their turnover rate, that will tell you much.
no Review
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 18, 2016
Nordstrom's strives and supports promoting with in. Sad part is moving into positions that you're promoted into you have to learn most things on the fly.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
they dont have the best role models leading in high roles.
Great enviornment with amazing people.
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2016
I have worked at Nordstrom for over a year and have evolved within a sales role, as well as mastering my skill of maintaining customer relationships. I have truly enjoyed working with such amazing and creative people.
Friendly productive enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 18, 2016
The work environment was very productive always kept myself busy. I enjoyed interacting with customers and building up my client tel book. It also gave me chance learn and know the products we sell.
Pros
the wonderful benifits they give to employees over hard work.
funny place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2016
I love my customer whom became my friends, my co-worker and the value Nordstrom has a company.

great benefits and you can sale ANYWHERE in the store
Great Place to work However
Receiving Material Handler/Stock Lead (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 17, 2016
Love my current job with nordstrom great company to work for. However if you get stuck with a bad manager like i am it makes working for a company that preaches job advancement since day one very unattainable. That being said other than that it is a great company fair benefits, and great starting pay.
A workplace that makes you feel at home
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2016
Great work place overall! Everyone makes sure you are comfortable and ready for work. Typical day is very smooth with few to little incidents. The company as a whole is like family I speak with almost everyone. Best part of work is seeing my team and working on us.
Poor
Sales Associate, sales manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ma , Paramus NJMay 17, 2016
Customer Service is the main focus, but the treatment of their employees is not. I enjoyed moving up in the company but I do not feel that the treatment I have received or the compensation that I have earned is enough for the work and the impact that I have on my job. I want to work for a company that will compensate and appreciate all that I am and do.
very competitive. don't know who to trush
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
very competitive environment. don't know who to trust. training is poor for the expectations. if you're looking to move "up" this is probably not the best place unless you are willing to work there for several years.
Eventful and exciting days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 16, 2016
Learned how to manage customers, the job co-workers and customers were very nice and supportive, very productive and I enjoyed my days at work.
ok
Sales Personal (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 16, 2016
Working at there in Milwaukee was an ok job to work at. The people where very friendly to work with. I wouldnt mind working there again