Nordstrom Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,920 reviews matching the search
Productive workplace
Sales Associate and Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 29, 2016
On a typical work day I enjoy greeting and assisting customers with finding items that we have in our store. Coworkers and managers are awesome and great to work with.
Pros
Flexible, great advancements and salary.
Great company to work for, love their culture and values.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  californiaAugust 29, 2016
Being an employee for over 10 years at Nordstrom I have grown both professionally and personally with this company. They believe in their employees and push you to be your best. As a salesperson you write your own paycheck and get back what you invest. As a manager you have a lot of freedom to run your department as if it was your own business. You hire who you feel is the best fit for your team and your customers. Nordstrom always gives their employees the benefit of the doubt which sometimes makes it difficult to part ways with employees who are not meeting the expectation although we are an at-will employer. Will forever be grateful to Nordstrom for all the opportunities they have provided me with.
Great
Assistant Business Manager at Lancôme Beauty (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 29, 2016
I like working at Nordstrom because of how many amazing connections you make on a day by day bases, however management can be extremely difficult at times.
Fast paced and welcoming
Shoe Associate (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 28, 2016
Nordstrom is the go to company if you're looking for fashion retail companies that offer great service and products to customers
Fun & Flexible Environment
Retail sales (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 28, 2016
Great company benefits and opportunity for growth. Company culture is based on employee growth and training. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Cons
work weekends and holidays
Great pay if you can get the hours to work!
Part Time Rover (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 28, 2016
Rovers only work doing markdown,so when no markdowns are available you work as a fill in in case a department needs help or if someone who works in the department calls off. as a rover you have nothing to "own" the hours are spotty and can be few and far between. you could be scheduled 40 hours a week but only work 18. coworkers are not the nicest people. the environment is very negative. managers can be very disrespectful and rude.
Pros
Awesome pay! long lunches! Tailored Hours
Cons
Can't find work when you need it, no job security or stability.
fun if not a full time student
Sales person (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 27, 2016
The co-workers here make coming to work a lot easier. Some managers aren't the best, but I've had a good experience with most. It's a great work place when it comes to benefit, and pay check. Not recommended for full-time students
awesome place to work..
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2016
great company to work for..lots to avancement if desier.. would recommend nordstrom to anyone who is willing to work hard to accomplish what the want.
Great start for young people
Warhouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 26, 2016
At the job previous to the above, I absolutely loved my manager –I still consider him to be the best manager I’ve had in the 15 years I’ve been in the workforce. I ultimately ended up leaving the job only because there was nowhere for me to go career-wise, but I stayed for almost 3 years because I enjoyed working for him so much I probably would’ve left after the first year if he hadn’t joined the company.
Nordstrom Life
Designer Handbag Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 25, 2016
I was able to make relationships with my customers the number one part of my job, which made it less like work and more like fun. I also was empowered to make floor moves and remerchandising decisions on a daily basis, allowing me to be creative and learn new things about presentation.
Great job culture
Retail Sales Associate - Commission-based (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 25, 2016
I've only been working at Nordstrom for a couple months, but I have to say I am very impressed with their job culture and work environment. Nordstrom leaders are empowering and make you do nothing but to team-play with the rest of the employees to provide the best service possible to the clients. I LOVE my manager, she is just an amazing person, fair, empowering, positive, realistic, and so sharp when it comes to sales.

I just have to say that Nordstrom is an amazing company to work for! If you love sales and and enjoy giving great customer service, this company is for you.. Team leaders will support you on anything you want to achieve.

Ps. it is also awesome to know that no matter who much you sell, there is no limit as to how much commission you can make!
Productive , Strict , Fast-paced
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 25, 2016
I learned a lot at my time at Nordstrom. I worked on commission so i was encourage build relationships with customers so they felt more comfortable shopping with me. I worked in the children's department, which one wouldn't think is the best but i made it work. I learned how to deal with parents and their children. Knowing how to talk to people was extremely important skill to have and i picked up on it very quickly. I was very close with my coworkers. We were more like a family and they always kept a smile on my face even on the hardest days. The management was good. Sometimes we (the coworkers) and them wouldn't see eye to eye but they always had the best intentions for everyone. A typical day there would be first completing whatever pre-selling task in the stock room for about 30 mins. Then I'd talk to the manager about my numbers and see how much i have to sell for the day to get the paycheck i want. After that i get to selling until the end of my shift giving the best service i could possibly give.
Pros
Long Breaks, pay, benefits
Cons
long days
Beauty on Call
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 25, 2016
Love the job, working at different counters, getting to know all the different cosmetic brand. But the hours have gne down drastically for beauty on call
Nordstrom
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed Nordstrom, I loved meeting customers, I am a very hard worker, I enjoyed helping customers find the perfect shoes, opening reward cards for customers.
Pros
the customers
Cons
comission
Fun workplace to learn about the foundation customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 24, 2016
I enjoy assisting customers by providing exceptional customer service and working with my team to achieve positive results. I learned that a team is not just having one person to stand out but if we all collaborate together and every employee stays accountable to daily goals we will all stand out as successful team.
Small cafe with exceptional service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2016
as a cashier my job is to assist customers with anything they may need once they step into the cafe. my main duty is to take orders but i also help with running food, bussing tables and i have also served tables when i am needed. my coworkers are amazing, we are all really close and work well together. my favorite thing about working in the cafe was meeting new people and helping make someones day better by giving them great service.
Productive and fun place to work.
Service Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 24, 2016
Positive work atmosphere and great management. Learn how to balance job and multi-tasking skills. Great co-workers & every day is a learning experience.
Pros
Company potlucks, super friendly group of people.
Strict commission environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
A typical day at work includes coming in, getting coffee from the store coffee bar then having an early meeting with the entire store. We go over goals and past year's sells versus this year's sales. During the day it's about finding the best customer and selling them the most items. They more you sell the more you make. The hardest part of the job is balancing the return policy and daily selling. There's is no policy so it's easy to leave work one day and have a negative earning amount for the day. Where you remain in the hole and have to go to work the next day hoping you aren't further in the hole and that you can sell enough to climb out! The most enjoyable part was the culture. Everyone was going through the same thing so it was easy to make friends
Tiring
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 24, 2016
Working here can take a toll on the body and mind.fast moving place with a staff crw who knows their position and pay attention to detail.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Organization
Summary
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 24, 2016
A typical work day at Nordstrom is coming in, immediately communicating with management to see if there is anything new going on in the department like shipment, promotions, remerch of sales floor and then receive a "opener" (a quick task to do before your shift) After that is completed you call any of your customers and update them on there orders, alterations, or anything that you may need to do for your customers period. After that you begin to hit the floor and assist any customers on the floor. That's a quick summary on the day. I love working at Nordstrom for the awesome customer service we provide I greatly enjoy helping others and making there day go smoothly. Although management is very poor now a days and the store manager is not nice or respectful I learned tons working here. Got much better at selling and product knowledge. As well as computer knowledge. I don't believe in a hardest part of a job, I believe there are some challenging things but I enjoy overcoming so would not consider it hard. Just a learning opportunity.
Pros
hour lunch, you pretty much do your own thing, control your customers information and orders.
Cons
Very very poor management, non professionalism, favoritism, conttroled enviorment, non supportive management as well as store manager.