Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 5,242 reviews matching the search
made me very proactive of sales and fashion culture
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
gave the ability to create my very own clientele based on all my sales of business
comission was excellent
very diverse
high end fashion culture
schedule flexibility
Pros
discount of high fashion
typical
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 25, 2017
The elegance of Nordstrom speaks for itself. I eNordstrom brothers arent too big headed to not come to their store and interact with their employees. Goes a long way
Pros
environment, gratis
Cons
employee discount is kind of low considering our pay and people stealing commission sales
great workplace
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2017
Productive and fun workplace really enjoy working with others as well as the building of relationships. Great management as well as the many interest.
Pros
ways to learn
Cons
healthcare
Fast-paced, but fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2017
The job entailed so many responsibilities other than just sales. Cleaning, organizing, reticketing, and processing returns were expected to done as well. Not enough time in the day to get everything done. You get to know your coworkers very well and build relationships.
MIcro-managing
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 25, 2017
It is a good company to work for but the people who work the hardest and do the most for the company don't get paid what they deserve and the people who work the least amount go on without ever being reprimanded. Managers don't want to hear or believe anything that is going on that is wrong and people who are "shady" never get in trouble.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Almost everything else
Ok job
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 24, 2017
It was an ok job, Pay was unfair, pretty good hours just not enough to live on if you live by yourself. Would go back if paid more. Very slow paced job
Commission based
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 24, 2017
A typical day at Nordstrom is stressful. Having to make sure you make enough sales not matter the store volume. You are required to sign up customers for a Nordstorm credit card. If you are not able to meet those guidelines you will not succeed with this company. You will need to have personal drive.

The hours and shifts are not so good. Especially if you have a child and want to make commission. Its hard to build a client base when you work 1-10 p.m. and the tenured sales associates have the department locked down so its hard.

An enjoyable aspect of the job is the fun playing with fashion and teaming up with customers to find the right outfit and getting to know them.

If you know how to sale and work under pressure, this is the job for you.
Nordstrom
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 23, 2017
Awesome company to work for and definitely took care of the store associates. After all, that will make happy customers, produce better customer service and drive a successful sales team.
Nice young place to work.
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 23, 2017
Large company, to big to truly take care of its employees. Good part time job, in between careers place holder job. Most young people in love with retail benefits often work for clothes.
Pros
Discount
Cons
"Inverse Pyramid Scheme" - New Employee Orientation
Fun for a Salesperson
special events, sales (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 23, 2017
The culture at Nordstrom is something I will always use when I become a manager. The morning rallies were the best part especially on holiday weekends. Sales just wasn't for me but if it was the commission structure and benefits of working at Nordstrom are wonderful. It's important to know the managers are interested in meeting daily goals but are interested in your development as well.
Pros
Wonderful culture, Commission, energy
Cons
Sales focused, lots of cliques, base salary is ok.
Great customer service
Sales (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 23, 2017
I loved the atmosphere. They always made the customers number one. I worked full time with benefits, base pay and commission. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day.
Pros
Wadges, benefits
Cons
On your feet all day
seasonal job
Shipping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 23, 2017
only worked during the holidays , too many bosses and not enough workers things was just too complicated unorganized hard to work under the conditions of the plant.
Great Sales Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 22, 2017
It was a fabulous work environment, I loved being a part of the staff there and getting the opportunity to get to know hundreds of new people in the staff there, as well as customers and their interests, personal stories, upcoming events in their lives, etc. The competitive nature of the sales environment was not acidic, the workplace was friendly all around and it was a remarkable experience for myself. I throughly enjoyed working there and am grateful for the opportunity, it was was great deal of information to have in merchandising, sales, fashion & design, light tailoring, loss prevention, and customer service.
Pros
Maintainable And Progressive Pay
Cons
Parking regulations are stupid sometimes.
loved my work
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 22, 2017
Nordstrom has a great reputation as being a good company to work for and in my experience this is completely justified. A really great place to work.
Great Company to work for however retail climate for commision sales waning
Sales-Top (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 21, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job at Nordstrom is helping people put together a wardrobe by maximizing all aspects and avenues about finding the cans, for example looks and proper fitting right down to every detail. I always focus on the "Can Do's" that has made me successful. A typical day at work is number one priority the customer, at the end of the day I want the customer to leave with a smile. It is very important to build a relationship with a customer and once that is accomplished you will have a customer for life. That's what makes the work culture positive when my customers return and ask specifically for me.
Pros
Incentives for selling
Cons
Unfortunately relocating to move up is not an option for me at this time
Fun atmosphere with great costumer service
VISUAL MERCHANDISING CREATIVE REGIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2017
Nordstrom allows you to own the costumer experience and make leadership decisions on their behalf. Great collaboration with other creative people. Super inspiring.
Pros
inspirational
Cons
work/life balance
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 20, 2017
This was my first job working a graveyard shift that was the difficult part for a while. Compensation was good at the time. Great company to work for.
Good company
Barista (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2017
The hours are flexible and my co workers were great to work with. Management could use a little work in treating employees like human beings and not robots.
Good starter job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 19, 2017
I started in Women's Shoes where the highest commission is. The job is 100% commission based, unless you don't cap your hourly pay. The job is great for learned more about a customer service job, and working your hardest to earn more money. I am a recent college graduate, and it was a great starting job. Not somewhere I would like stay for longer than a year. It is competitive on the sales end, you're always looking for the customer that has the expensive tastes. I believe you need an interest or eye for fashion. Many people expect that.
Pros
Different hours, Fashion friendly
Cons
Weekend hours, not consitent pay
Fast-Paced, Competitive Sales Environment
Sales Associate, Women's Shoes (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 19, 2017
Opportunities to advance your career, long hours, commission only salary, online sales will affect your in-store sales, long hours on your feet, compassionate management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.