Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 5,365 reviews matching the search
productive
Designer Stylist and sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 16, 2017
i loved working at nordstrom honestly one of the best retail store worked at. very easy going and learned about many designers. learning different brand was my favorite.
An incredible working experience.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2017
The workplace was very Professional, Productive and very supportive. I learned everything about retail from Nordstrom and I'm extremely thankful for that.
I learned everything from customer service, to selling, merchandising, training,marketing, analyzing, seeing and thinking in a creative way, buying and building relationships, to negotiation and building a business.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, room to grow and to be promoted.
Cons
not having regular days off, and working longer than 10 hour days, and weekends.
Nordstrom
Scrum Master/Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2017
Working for Nordstrom is very fast paced. The people are great and the advancement possibilities are really exciting. Nordstrom is a big company, but there is always support available.
great product and overall company structure
Men's Clothing Manager, Sales (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 16, 2017
The company has a great product and instills a good work ethic in all its employees! I was pleased to be in sales and management and was impressed with the caliber of overall training that i received!
Pros
training and quality products
Cons
not enough advancement when i tried to get back into management.
Good job
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2017
The Nordstrom Company is a good company to work for if you are on their career track. If you are only looking for part time employment and don't want to move up the company food chain then you are stuck with the local store management which isn't always good. In the years I was there I had 3 changes in store manager and multiple changes in assistant managers...constant adjustment! Loved the staff and the vibe on the sales floor.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Constant pressure to open new credit accounts
Great workplace.
Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 15, 2017
Loved working for this company because they care about their customers as well as employees. It always felt like family because everyone always worked together from department to department. I would work for this company again and would recommend it as a great workplace and work environment.
Pros
everything
Nordstrom
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTAugust 15, 2017
I was a Loss Prevention Agent. A lot of watching the cameras and going out on the floor. I would work bad hours due to I was just hired on for the new store opening up. Loss Prevention manager was awful but others good.
Pros
Good environment, good staff, good pay
Cons
slow paced, bad hours, poor manager
Great work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 15, 2017
If you enjoy commission sales Nordstrom is a great, warm and welcoming environment to work in. The most enjoyable part is seeing your personal growth as a sales person.
Pros
Nordstrom community involvement, advancements
Cons
Customer returns, which can effect your sales
Commission only
Assistant Manager Shoes (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 15, 2017
I would not suggest management. There is money to be made, but if you are in management, you are taken off the floor, so you miss out on that. It was not a good experience.
Competitive environment with many opportunities for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 15, 2017
Nordstrom takes good care of their employees and if you thrive in a fast paced competitive environment this is the job for you. I struggled with how cut-throat the competition was to achieve commission, and in the end discovered that my personality type was not made to work in that environment.
a very fun and creative place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at Nordstrom is so stress free because it is like you are basically running your own business. It can get competitive because it is commission based. The hardest part of the job is not having enough products to sell to customers who want to spend. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting paid to help others spend their money in order to help them look great.
Pros
you meet new people everyday and you get your hands on the latest fashion first
Cons
no overtime, not enough products in-store to sell
great company
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 15, 2017
cares greatly for their employees, great growth opportunity, fast paced and there's always something to learn. great mentors employee discount and product is amazing
Job
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work great people everythujg about the job is great beside the benfitsbits takes over a 1000 hours to get which I feel like it's a lot.
Amazing work place
Sales (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2017
I love Nordstrom. They treat you very well . It's easy to advance and move up. Everyone has equal opportunity to advance in the company. Voted 2nd happiest company in the nation to work for
great way to meet new people
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
-learned time management
-was a great way to meet new people
-the most enjoyable part of the job was coaching and training new employees
-workplace was vibrant
Most amazing company to work for.
Service Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2017
I can't even truly express how much I love working for Nordstorm. It's such an upbeat setting everyday. From the Rec meetings early in the morning to closing down the store.
Great Retail Experience
Service Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 14, 2017
I truly believe in the Nordstrom culture. As a single parent, it was difficult to work for Nordstrom. The schedules were created two to three weeks ahead making it difficult to maneuver around my children's schedule.

I do feel that if you are a retired person or a single person, Nordstrom is the place for you. Plenty of opportunities for advancement throughout the complany.
Over staffed floors and management
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 14, 2017
It is a tough roll when you are attempting to achieve your sales goals and there are more sales people than customers. Managers are focused on making more money, thus selling on the floors instead of developing their team. This is a reflection of managers at Nordstrom whose rolls are so insignificant that they are able to be on the floor selling all day. However, the company is very lenient about taking time off and punctuality. Those who decide to stay and make a career out of retail can make a decent amount.
Pros
Flexibility, Commission
Cons
Management does a poor job on mandating breaks
Very great employer
Customer Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Work @ HomeAugust 14, 2017
I've been with Nordstrom since 2014 and it has been a pleasant experience. A lot of opportunities for cross-training in different roles and departments within the company.

Management/Supervisors are always changing and moving around. I have never had the same supervisor for more than 6 months which makes it hard to build a lasting working relationship with your team as it is switched around every time you receive a new supervisor due to realignment.

The culture is wonderful due to the company being in the business of providing and excellent customer experience since 1901.

I've worked in the Credit and Nordstrom.com Contact (call) centers and they are very fast paced and high volume.Sometimes a number of contacts you receive can be very stressful.
Pros
Employee Discount, Competitive Benefits Package, Step Raise Program guaranteeing a raise every 1000 hours worked
Cons
High turnover rate, high work volume, stressful contacts
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
Great place to work. Advancement is always looked for internally the con is you have to be mobile to expect higher advancenent which for some may leave them stagnant.
Pros
Advancement is great
Cons
Advancement takes travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.