Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 4,914 reviews matching the search
N.Com Review
Operations (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 24, 2017
I have built great relationships with the people I have worked with, this is the most enjoyable part of my job. The work life balance is also nice as most people work to live and not live to work.
very productive
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2017
tpyical day dishes preping food learned more on time managment hardest part unloading the stock truck best part the food was great a very fun work place
great experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2017
always on your toes customers are great managers are approachable once after working it becomes more like a family atmosphere would definitely work for the company again!
great workplace culture but poor work life balance
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 23, 2017
Nordstrom is a company with very humanitarian and philanthropy based values that make you inspired to work there. This work place will teach you a lot about the importance of follow ups, how to work and manage your own business, drive your own sales,and how to multi task. It will help you advance your problem solving skills, and in certain positions, it will teach you how to work with multiple systems, and how to trouble shoot tech errors. The company is fast paced, so you need to be flexible with changes that may occur on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. However, on the same note, the company does not provide a very good work life balance. Getting time off is difficult and the company is no longer flexible with schooling schedules, and regular scheduling is subject to change at any time. There are many opportunities for growth, however, it is very difficult to move to different departments and gain other opportunities. Overall the company can teach some good skills, but if you need a consistent schedule, or more opportunity for growth I would keep looking.
Pros
amazing medical and 401K benefits
Cons
poor work life balance
Great teams and fun environment but poor management
Men's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time at Nordstrom and look back on long shifts with the sales team fondly. It was a fun and professional environment where everyone was often helping one another. Changes in management unfortunately caused me to seek other employment.
Pros
Pay, 401k
Cons
Hours, Management
Very Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMay 23, 2017
Nordstrom Cafe was a fun place to work for someone looking for extra cash. Management was friendly and daily tasks were manageable. Hardest part was standing for long hours.
Great work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 23, 2017
The day goes by quick. Great place to work. I've learned that you have to be patient with the customers. Management could be a bit tricky but eventually you'll understand. The hardest part would be explaining something to a customer that continually tries to tell you how to do your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the cutomers.
Pros
Get to shop on breaks and lunches
Cons
Very short breaks
Luxury department-store which will except all returns.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 23, 2017
Luxury shopping experiences with professional and knowledgeable employees who customize every customers visit. Nice work environment with detailed training.
Commision Based Environment
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2017
Some days I would have great sales and during slow times the job became boring and tedious. Co-workers were a bit difficult to deal with when it came to being fair with sales. Great job while you are in college, as I worked seasonally and full time for a year once I graduated college.
Pros
flexible hours and some week days off
Cons
poor income and unenjoyable work environment
Merchant Support team
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 23, 2017
I am in charge of stock for both men's departments. I also help the sales team with ringing up their customers. It is also my job to take care of RACKING and other merchandise that is supposed to be transferred out of the store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 23, 2017
Wonderful place to work if you really enjoy clothes and customers and faced paced environments. I enjoyed meeting customers but was not into the selling aspect.
Exceptional job growth with the company
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2017
Nordstrom was a great place to work! The culture was fantastic! Management cared for it employees and the open door policy was comforting. They were always willing and helpful in moving you up with in the company.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Sales compensation
productive fun place overall
Barista (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
Working for Nordstrom is a constant rush of customers coming in and out. I have learned so much about espresso based drinks and distinguish coffees...
A nice place to work, bounced around to each department .
Rover (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
Being a Rover I got a chance to have a different job each day. I worked in every department within the store, from shoes, mens, women, kids, and accessories. We would try to help serve the customers to their needs.
It is sales
WAITER / CUSTOMER SALES & SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2017
Great place to learn solid customer service and sales experience you can always use in other fields. Only problem is when sales go down the pressure to sell sell sell or be let go is real.
Pros
sales training
Cons
on your feet all day
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
Great workplace culture. A place to grow with the company. Commission based positions available, along with salary based.
Good work environment.
High-fashion products with great company culture
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
Opening/closing cash registers, promoting and selling high-end fashion products, sharing wardrobe expertise while offering helpful incentives to maximize customer’s purchases described my typical day of work at Nordstrom. I learned how to open and close cash registers, promote and sell clothes, and handle online orders. The management was friendly, and the work culture was unique. Competition within departments to get highest sales could be daunting at times,and commission could be hard to sustain. Otherwise, I loved being a part of Nordstrom's reputation of excellent customer service, and being able to showcase that within the everyday duties of this job.
Pros
Great company culture, great pay, good management
Cons
Comission may be hard to sustain
educational
Product Specialist/ Certified MAC Make-up Artist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 23, 2017
Working here has been a great learning experience and I get to work with great people who inspire me. Unfortunately with online shopping retail is dying.
Great People, but sometimes too many
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2017
Nordstrom is a great place to work. I have no real complaints about the company's ethics. There is at times too many people and some overlap with other teams.
Ok working there
COMMISSION SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 22, 2017
I think depending on your manager it can be a fun place to work, but some managers can be kinda harsh. I know Nordstrom has commission sales, but working at the shoe department is tough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.