Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Salem Oregon Store Is Shutting Down Soon
Blah (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 8, 2018
The place is shutting down and laying off all employees, no need to apply for a place that won’t be there in a couple months. Unless you hope to get unemployment
Great entry-level job
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2018
Great company to work for if you're looking for a basic job. Certain departments are 100% commission based and can be quite competitive. Hard to grow within the company.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Decent Management, Good Benefits
Cons
Little room for growth, High sales goals
Good, flexible place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 8, 2018
Nordstrom is a good place to work. The managers here are very accommodating of schedule restrictions and time off requests. In the Ebar, the climate is very relaxed and everyone is friendly. Pay is competitive, there is a very generous discount for employees, and the benefits are good if you qualify for them. There are opportunities for advancement, but they are somewhat rare and very often require relocation.
Pros
Discount, culture, flexibility
Cons
Short breaks, relocation required for advancement
Fast pace enviorment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 8, 2018
very fast pace enviorment with great customers and customer service, with a great selection in clothes you can ask any rep and he or she will gladly help you.
commission based competitive environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 8, 2018
A typical day depending on which department I worked in could vary and also depending on which store and region I worked in could also vary. There was lots of turn over for different reasons. A very structured workplace.
Pros
Well named luxury retailer
Cons
structural changes did not allow for advancement as quickly
Overall a good place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2018
Great opportunities to be promoted from within. Very little work life balance.

Pay is all commisioned based and managers are salaried plus commision.
ok
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Ive been here for 6 years and it was ok. It paid my bills and the food is good. The pace is quick and the work is stressful. I would recommend this to someone else, but it was just too long for me to be there for 6 years.
Nordstrom is a great place to work.
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 7, 2018
I love Nordstrom. It has been my home for over 10years. There is lack of advancement because I am not currently willing to move out of state. They have an open door policy, the work place is comfortable and the discount is amazing.
E-Bar Barista (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 7, 2018
I loved the management team at the Cherry Creek E-Bar and the store GM. They always ensured a clean & safe store and environment, and also assisted with scheduling needs whenever possible.
Very positive place to work
Logistics Processor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 7, 2018
Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I was greeted with a smile and a very welcoming introduction to the company. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Awesome Company
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 7, 2018
Nordstrom is a wonderful company to work for. It is a great starting opportunity for anyone interested in learning about a retail career and a great place to grow and learn. The company works on an inverted pyramid concept so they promote from within.

The are very open to suggestion and love people who think outside the box.

If you have an opportunity to apply and you love the idea of having fun at the same time you work hard this is a great company for you.
Productive/ Fun
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work, fun and got along well with co workers. Worked great with my school and other life schedule. Had a great time entirely being there.
productive work environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 7, 2018
One of the reasons I loved this job is because I was constantly productive throughout the whole shift. The customers for the most part were extremely patient and nice during our busier times, and the other nordstrom employees who came out on their breaks were nice and friendly. I had consistent hours in this job which was the best part about it, it never went down to 10-15 hours like all my other jobs have. Overall, it was a great environment with a wonderful accommodating manager. Also, the HR person was always helpful when I had questions about the benefits part of the job.
Pros
discounts, good coworkers, good pay
Excellent work environment
Customer Relationship & Styling Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2018
This company is great for foundation to launch many different career paths.
You gain great experience good for any business.
Culture is strong and good to support further development.
productive and competitive workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of being around all types of people and getting a break every few hours. You learn how to efficiently communicate . I learned that the customer is always right and everyone will sometime have a bad day. The management was good and fair. They were flexible with me whenever i needed time off. The hardest part of the job was not letting those few bad customers ruin your whole entire day. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work a great bunch of guys and girls each and every day.
Pros
free snacks, friendly customers
Cons
short breaks
New Aged Posh Hipster Convention
Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2018
I would classify a typical day at work as energetic. I learned to strategically crush my competition with poise and grace. My superiors were the most supportive I had experienced at that time. The work culture for me was likened to a new aged, posh hipster convention. The hardest part about working there has to be, competing against your amazing colleagues. The most enjoyable portion of the entire experience, for me, are my relationships cultivated with loyal customers and colleagues.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Salary
Cons
Commissioned Sales
Great Workplace
Service Experience (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJFebruary 7, 2018
The best job I had. The co workers were amazing. Very helpful and we all got along. The management was astonishing, They helped you to achieve your goals to move up and forward in the company. The pay was awesome. Benefits excellent. I highly recommend this job to everyone.
nice place to work
Women's/Salon Shoe Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 7, 2018
100% commission, if you work hard you get paid well. Clean friendly fun place to work. Good product, great benefits, flexible work schedule. recommended!
Awesome
Mens Casual Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Great place to work, great way to to communicate with customers, great employees, great pay, awesome leadership skills, easy to learn, selling great merchandise
sales oriented enviroment
Men's Fragrance and Grooming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 6, 2018
stressful environment, commission job. You can handle if you sales oriented person.
Flexible hours to work.
Employee discounts.
opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
sky is the limit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K