Nordstrom
1,993 reviews

Nordstrom Employer Reviews

Professional sales environment
Make sales goals in a competitive environment (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: clean work place, friendly coworkers
Cons: short breaks
Mainly worked in kids shoes and clientele. Very clean sales floor and also very friendly sales team. Managers very understanding of any situations
Work enviorment
CAPITAL REGION CALL CENTER SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Tysons Corner, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: 401k
Cons: flex schedule
This was my first office job and I have learned so much working here at Nordstrom. I have learned programs such as Outlook and Excel. I loved that I had my own desk with privacy.
Productive and fun company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Great company, Self motivation because you work on a commission base pay scale. Fun environment and great team of individual's to for.
Nordstrom is Amazing
Wardrobe Stylist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: gratis, the clothes, easy job
Cons: returns, down time, too easy sometimes
I love my job. Great culture. Only downside is that no matter who you are, how many degrees you have, or experience....you have to start at the bottom.
It is a fun place to work also getting along with your employees plays an important role.
customer service experience (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 7, 2015
Making sure that I and my co-workers have every needed at the register so that we can focus on the customers and their needs
at a fast and friendly check out experience that they will never forget.
Also asking them if they find everything that they came in for and checking them out efficiently and thank them for with us and have a
great day!
Family owned retailer and great recognition
Northeast Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 7, 2015
This is a company that has been in business for over a century. It is still family owned and publicly traded. The online and off price business has steadily grown over the last decade or so. The work life balance is difficult at this company, but management has always been great.
Fair Company to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
There is no work/life balance. High demands of constant events with unrealistic goals. Management inconsistent and unprofessional.
Web Filler (Former Employee), Cherry Hill , NjJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 20% discount for employees
Cons: had to punch out for lunch
I enjoyed working here as a seasonal employee. The employees at this job were nice and were willing to help you fill the web orders.
Productive, professional
Sales Associate (Current Employee), san francisco, caJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: you have to be strong minded to deal with customers.
I work in the shoe department. It's a fun place to work at and since your paycheck is of commission, you make a lot of money. However, sometimes you have to deal with stock assignments that mess with your sales per hour. Also, depending on the manager, they are usually flexible with the hours.
yep
Stock/Retail/Sales (Former Employee), West Hills, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Great for experience out of high school experience. Builds character and responsibly. Does not really help or encourage you to attend school and better yourself in its entirety.
Good management
CAS Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Tough to be in retail environment and on a retail schedule when you are used to a 9-5 office job.
Fast paced and fun workplace.
Sales Person (Current Employee), Braintree, MAJanuary 2, 2015
While constantly interacting with customers, I not only sell shoes but, I build meaningful relationships and help them find exactly what they need for their day to day lives. Nordstrom is a great company to work for. They provide us employees with the skills and resources necessary to grow within their company. They love their employees and love their customers even more.
Great Customer service
Business Manager (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: employee discount and 401k benefits
Cons: short breaks
I learned the most amazing customer service skills at this job. Enjoyed all of my coworkers and have made long time friends here even with some of the clients. Management could have been a little less concerned about numbers and more concerned of the well being of their employees.
This job was only temporary, my friend hired me to do innovatory she was the manager
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: learned customer service, no presser to get work, good manager
Cons: parking was really hard, and the job was only temporary
I had a lot of freedom, would stock the shelfs, wrap produce for customers, learned to have good customer service, co-workers were great an helpful. Hards part of the job was parking in the mall parking. Management was great, she was my friend.
Great Program!
Retail Management Intern, Studio (Former Employee), Novi, MIDecember 29, 2014
Worked as a Retail Management Intern, learned a lot about the company and the positions that are available to move into.
not a great place to work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Edison, NJDecember 27, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: no hours
Management had no clue how to run the restaurant. Was promised full time hours and was only give 25 hours per week.
nice and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CADecember 26, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not much
professional environment / friendy co workers. Getting to know lots of celebs and working with them is so much fun. Over all I met lots of intersting people which some of them are going to be my lifetime friends.Fashion has always been a part of my life and I truly
appreciate great designers and their great ability is fascinating for me.I enjoy the friendly atmosphere here and I like the fact that I know everybody by they name and I know so much about them simply by
saying hi and having brief conversation with them.
I have worked 20 years in design world in retails. Each time I have enjoyed it and appreciated a lot.I have worked at Ethan Allan as interior designer for 14 years and 3 years as a manager at a french boutique and 2 years as a sales consoultant at women's designer at Nordstrom and truly each day is been such a joy and blessing.
Great Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 25, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: comission based
Met people from different backgrounds. Very customer service oriented. Management was very close and friendly and people knew you by first name. It's one big family ready to bring a smile to a customers face.
daily tasks
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 25, 2014
Once I get to work I check my emails, followup with customers that I helped from the previous week to make sure everything is satisfactory and a thanks for coming in. I make calls to customers I've helped before for replenishment and booking appointments for events. Maintain daily sales and business. Stock areas. Build new relationships. The team I'm part of, we really come together on a daily basis to make the daily and monthly business happen. I really love the relationships that Ive built with customers. They appriciate what I do and put a value on my work.
Varies
Men's Suit Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: dress code
Cons: return policy
If you like fashion and catering to questionable people, not too bad.

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more