Nordstrom
1,742 reviews

Nordstrom Employer Reviews

Positives and negatives
Sales Associate (Handbags) (Current Employee), MiamiAugust 13, 2014
Pros: potential for great pay. great benefits.
Cons: high turnover. terrible returns. brutal slow season.
Great place to work if you can ignore the generic office politics. You earn based off of the work that you put in. Must be commission driven and very customer service oriented to succeed. Promotes from within. Depending on the department, a large part of your day may be focused on getting out of the negative (sales) due to the company's extremely lenient – more... return policy. (We're often faced with what we call "renters" which are people who buy with the full intent to return it after it has been used - and then buy it again) Extremely sometimes overly-enthusiastic upper-management. Sometimes confusing blurred lines between bending the rules, and going above and beyond for the customer. – less
Great place to advance
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
I was a sales associate. My responsibilities included customer service such as making sure my clients were being taken care of and there needs were met. Also I was responsible for staying up to date on the latest trends, brands and promotions going on within the department and relaying that information to my clients.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tanasbourne, ORAugust 11, 2014
Co workers were very friendly. I had the opportunity to work with all types of people. Learned a lot about customer service, sales, and the importance of organization.
Great experience
Store Admin/HR Generalist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2014
I learned a lot working at Nordstrom. I spent my entire management career there. Great people!
Good company to work for overall
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good employees to work with and for.
The job can be fun and challenging. Nordstrom is a good company to for overall.
it was a good place to meet new people
Fulfillment Center Processor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: flexible, cafe, and lounge area
Cons: pay, lack of hours, and over micromanagement
Nordstrom was a good company. There was potential to move up and they offered a unique atmosphere.
Dreaded going to work everyday
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Lakewood, CAAugust 8, 2014
Only a handful of people put in hard work here, and that does NOT include management
Nordstrom Sales Associate
Salesman (Current Employee), Scottsdale, ArizonaAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, and hr department.
Cons: lots of competition.
A typical day at work includes great co-workers, long days with lots of hours, and lots of potential for sales.
Nordstrom Review
Consultant (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 7, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, 401k
Cons: 100 percent commission
Enjoyable working with customers to assist them with attire for their wardrobe with the most up to date styles.
Loved this Company
Salesperson (Former Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 7, 2014
The company rewards you when you perform well (as a manager). The pay isn't the greatest, but when you hit your numbers the bonuses make up for it. I loved the customers that I developed a relationship with.
A bogus return policy
Sales Associate-Designer shoes (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2014
The money isnt what its cracked up to be and the return policy is a joke
enjoyable work place
Customer Service Rep/Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: big discounts on merchandise
Cons: company dont give overtime to no staff
I'VE LEARN SO MUCH MANAGEMENT SKILLS FROM NORDSTOM HOW TO HANDLE ANY PROBLEM A CUSTOMER MAY HAVE AND MANAGING 10 STAFF MEMBERS IN MY DEPARTMENT.
great company
Customer service/Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Novi, MIAugust 6, 2014
Great company to work for. Fast pace, meet some of the most interesting people. Team I worked with was awesome.
Fun and great comapny
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), pleasanton caAugust 5, 2014
Nordstrom was a great experience for me. learned a lot about customer service and how to handle each situation with customers and how to help them.
Misery loves technology at Nordstrom
Suffering Technology Employee (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: merchandise discount
Cons: low pay, benefits are mediocre at best, the 401k plan gets a c-, no holiday party, no company 401k contributions
Everyday the workforce turn off their alarms and sigh - we have to return to work in technology at Nordstrom. We march in to another day of sadness, anger and despair. We are cast adrift in a sea of constant uncertainty. We can never accomplish anything due to ever-changing teams due to leadership re-organization - and a lack of support from our "servant – more... leadership". We are meant to be agile - instead we are stuck in the mire of waterfall+scrum = scrummerfall.

Leadership appears to be constantly battling each other - do their bonuses depend on how many people quit? Because if so, they are racking up the bonus dollars! It almost feels like getting people to quit is the goal.

Best part of the job? Immediate co-workers - Misery loves company.

Many of the positive reviews of this company are salespeople - don't take their experience as the experience in the technology organization. We are fighting against old ways and old technology - I would not recommend this company - this has been a miserable job with little hope for improvement. – less
Productive Day
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: set your own pay
Cons: chances of not making draw for pay period
Your day is what you make of it and typically when its a slow day you keep yourself busy with your personal customers.
great experience
Visual Stylist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 3, 2014
great schedule, wonderful place to learn about the basics of visual merchandising and customer service. awesome products and employee engagement.
Most enjoyable part of my job is helping people of all walks of life and of all ages!
Clinique Counter Manager (Current Employee), Tukwila, WAAugust 3, 2014
Cons: retail hours
I love helping women and men alike feel better about themselves everyday. I don't just sell make-up, it's about seeing beyond the product and seeing the need in the client that is deeper than just buying a mascara.
n/a
associate (Former Employee), McLean, VAAugust 2, 2014
Decent place to work. Knowledgeable staff. Good team of associates
Great place to work & great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great management, good breaks
Cons: long hours
As a member of Commissioned Retail Sales team, use product knowledge and selection to provide exceptional service to customers.
Build lasting relationships with customers by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new merchandise, and remind them of upcoming events.
Perform merchandising tasks, such as stock, re-merchandising, display, price – more... markdowns, and transfers.
Driven to deliver superior service by exceeding customer expectations
Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and co-workers of diverse backgrounds and cultures
Chosen by department manager to participate in the Management Development Training Program and completed class. – less

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more