Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 5,078 reviews matching the search
Sometimes you did not feel like you belonged
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 10, 2017
The fulfillment center in the warehouse is where I was. I enjoyed the different positions I learned and I liked the 1st and 3rd shift people and management was great. But the 2nd shift people did not make me feel welcomed and I was very saddened by this. I feel that the second shift people did not like me because I was foreign and a Muslim.
Pros
Good raises
Cons
Fulfilling your quota or production level was hard
great experience with direct insight to the fashion retailing industry
Retail Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
in the Nordstrom retail management internship, you learn a lot, a lot about the company, about customer service, customer and brand loyalty, team management and ,,,, retailing. That is probably what you end up doing the most. which yes, it helps you developing skills in the retail and merchandising area of marketing but personally that experience, despite how fun an enriching it was, open my eyes to something that today I'm able to say is not what I want to do.
Pros
great spirit great managing training, definitely high opportunity to build a career in the company
Cons
sometime you got to work till late, is not often but it happens sometimes. retailing has a weird work shedule...
Challening and competitive
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2017
Nordstrom is a commission-based driven business who prides on going above and beyond for customer service and that is what I provided with this company. My typical day at work consisted of answering and directing incoming phone calls, providing product knowledge to clients and basing off of their personal needs, and keeping an inviting smile on my face. I enjoyed the competitiveness.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
good work
Sales /stock/ cash room associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 9, 2017
like the company, Commission baste if your in sales,returns are against your pay. If your in stock it's some good work for you.Employee discounts and promotions are good.
Cons
Management can put a do not rehire clause in your history.
Upbeat work environment with potential for fast advancement!0
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2017
Nordstrom is a great work environment for those interested in learning the "do's and don't" of the fashion world. As an employee you get access to top of the line fashion advice, apparel and clientele!
Nice place to work at, held recognition events and cared for their employees.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2017
This job is great for anyone who's interpersonal and isn't afraid to go the extra mile with customers. Managers were always fair and great with communication and expectations.
Techy and fun place
Technology Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 9, 2017
Leadership is open to ideas and encourage engineers.
Cloud migration in progress for all applications in the company.
Fun and lively environment to work at.
Pros
Technically advanced
Cons
Plagiarism and politics
Great Experience
Retail Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 8, 2017
A typical day at work was assisting in making sure the departments merchandising is inspirational and delivering customer service. Learned a lot of product knowledge and about management, due to the fact that I was in the internship program.
Great company!
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 8, 2017
Amazing company to work for!! So many opportunities for growth within the company. Amazing benefits. Fun culture to be apart of. Love there core values.
Fun Company
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJune 8, 2017
Enjoyed interacting and helping with all different clients each day. Enjoyed the inventory and sales techniques. Had a smile on my face every day.

As assistant manager, I enjoyed training new employees, merchandising and meeting sales quotas.
Good Culture
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 8, 2017
Overall Nordstrom has a great company culture. Teams vary however. Beware of becoming involved with a team that is not corporate values minded. Each department varies.
Great place
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 8, 2017
A typical day at work is nice and smooth throughout the day. I've learned a lot about how their unique culture and how differently they treat their customers. Management is also great. You always know where you stand with you work productivity. They offer a lot of help.
Job Review
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2017
It was very nice to work for this company. Many people from different culture used to work there. Very interested to learn new stuff. I have big experience in this company.
Amazing culture
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 7, 2017
Good place to work. Work culture is great, supportive environment and supportive teams. Sales are great. I loved working for the company, management has changed a bit.
Good basic job
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2017
The work at Nordstrom is the easiest job I've ever had. The managers, however, are young and inexperienced. Many staffing issues at my location. The job is good as a temporary solution, but I see many issues with advancement. The company itself is great with lots of benefits. They also encourage health and volunteering. Overall the benefits are what make the job worth it.
Pros
Easy, good discount
Cons
Not much advancement, management issues
Nordstrom
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 7, 2017
Nordstrom is an amazing company to work for. There is so much growth opportunity and there is always something to learn in This company. From growing you clientle to switching departments, overall I would recommend anyone to work for Nordstrom
Positive work environment.
Buyer Liaison/Divisional Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 7, 2017
Positive work place with supportive team. Collaboration with merchant teams and exposure to different areas of the company. My manager was very eager to teach and help me understand the business.
Pros
flexible. positive work environment. supportive management.
Cons
Little room for professional growth in certain specific areas
Love nordstrom
Logistics Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 7, 2017
I loved wirking for the nordstrom company.. Great experence.. Learned alot with my manager gene... Real good man.. And my co-workers as well... I would recommend nordstrom to everyone.. Thanks
Pros
Always working
Cons
Slow days
Great place to work. Management is lacking.
Logistics Processor (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 7, 2017
Favoritism plays a huge part in where you end up in the company as far as advancement. People get singled out and pushed out of a job without being fired. Hours are a struggle. Manager to team communication is awful.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Managers/hours
Just wish I had a fair manager.
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, OR 97015June 7, 2017
The only complaint about working for this company is how my manager treated me unfairly. I rarely called out and have been very transparent that I have a medical condition and am trying to get FMLA in order to not be penalized. I have been the only person who has been threatened with a write up (to my knowledge). Even though others call out much more often than I ever have.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.