Nordstrom
2,251 reviews

Nordstrom United States Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Sales associate (Current Employee), Clinton townshipApril 7, 2015
Build lasting relationships with customers by contacting them to follow up on purchases. Open new Nordstrom Rewards accounts as a means of building customer relationships. Work as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible. Perform daily department maintenance tasks including stock work, re-merchandising
productive, fun challenging meet new clients daily
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDApril 7, 2015
meeting and greeting people from different parts of the world, meeting you sales goal, maintaining stockroom standards, maintaining personal appearance.
Fast pace and competitive
Sales Associate in Collectors (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 7, 2015
While working in the kids department I felt the competitiveness right off the bat. I also felt that there were teams throughout the department making sure everyone was taking part in the sales. I really liked most people I worked with in this department and the fast pace environment but didn't like management and how they overlooked unethical behaviors.
Fast Paced
commission sales (Current Employee), Garden City, NYApril 6, 2015
Great place to work. Strong selling culture dealing with current high end designers.
Commission only makes your pay check unpredictable every two weeks.
Great Company
CSR, Accounting, M.A.C Cosmetics Pro Artist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 6, 2015
I love everything this company stands for, and how it works as a team for everything. I worked several different aspects of this company and learned so much from all of them. I love that it is still owned by the family it was started by, and everything they stand for.
Ever so changing company if you love fashion
Salesperson (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COApril 6, 2015
Pros: busy seasons
Cons: slow seasons
So a typical day would be clocking in and checking the sales floor for new merchandise. Greeting all customers and being of assistance if they need help. Being knowledgeable and providing styling advice.
GREAT
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), SEAApril 5, 2015
I loved the fast paced environment and the high fashion clientele that I got to assist everyday. I learned so much about fashion merchandising, organization and at sets. The difficult part was the employee entrance which consisted of a lot of stairs but other than that I have no negative comments.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 4, 2015
Great company to work for. Commission pay. Great customer serviceNordstrom April 2013 - Present
Sales Associate (Full time summer and seasonal)
Trained in giving world-class customer service
Merchandised designer women’s wear
Scheduled private shopping appointments with high-end customers
Trained in all facets of fashion apparel
great place for part-time job
Picking Processor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 3, 2015
Cons: weekends even if full-time
Great place to work. Great people, positive atmosphere. Always willing to teach. Hardest is remembering what to do in the different areas.
a typical day
Customer Service (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAApril 2, 2015
Great place to work , you can move up really fast and have great benefits and pay . love working here , will always consider nordstorm
fast paced
Rotating Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 2, 2015
very busy. employees work well together i enjoyed the job. it was very upbeat and busy. very fast paced environment.customers were pretty nice . located in the heart of downtown Chicago.
Great working environment.
Retail Management Intern (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAApril 2, 2015
Nordstrom creates a fun and friendly atmosphere for everyone. Their ability to put a smile on customer's faces really makes the jobs of employees a easier.
Exciting place to work with growth potential
Assistant Manager /Personal Stylist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Nordstrom was a great place to learn the ropes of business. I learned very much from nordstrom due to their extensive training and management training programs. This is a great place to work if you don't mind giving up weekends and sometimes holidays. I had many friends/co-workers from nordstrom that I remain in contact with today. The most enjoyable part of this job was the clients. It was so rewarding when a client would come in and look for you without even speaking to anyone else, it meant that I really did my job well and made an impression the first time. With the good does come the bad, nordstrom does expect you to dedicate a large portion of your life to them which is hard if you have a personal life.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMarch 31, 2015
My coworkers were all very nice, as were the customers. However, management had their preselected group for advancement. They tended toward the younger.
Cool Place To Work
Service Experience (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 31, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: have to be able to work whenever
Nice business to work for pay is good for retail and also fun environment to be in. The hardest part is having to have a flexbile schedule and the people are fun to work with
Nordstrom review
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 30, 2015
great company to work for. Long hours and holidays are major draw back. Good benefits. If you like working with people and sales this is a great company to work for. There is the ability to grow with the company if you work hard.
Friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great networking opportunities
Cons: very competitive, almost too competitive
A typical day at Nordstrom's consists of creating relationships with customers and making their shopping experience seamless and enjoyable. Nordstrom's has taught me how to work with well with others and has made me a confident sales person. The management at the location i work at is great! They are always supporting me and pushing me to be the best sales person i can be.
The co-workers would have to be my favorite part of my job, along with meeting new people everyday.
fun work place
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: bad management
a typical day at work would be to help customers in the apparel dept. and lingerie also working with commission it was always a competition. What i learned at Nordstrom was how to sell items .
Excellent company to work for
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 29, 2015
Providing customers with a great shopping experience! great product and the management team are fabulous! They care about the employees who work there.
Fun excercises annually
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2015
Pros: great support, Great employee lounges great incentives.
Cons: sometime lots of hours
Best education I ever received with some of the best leaders in a company. Challenging but also very rewarding.
I was in charge of the men's department and also shared in the making of a how to dress book that was published in 2007.

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more

Nordstrom Salaries