NorDx Employee Reviews

My advice, stay away from Nordx!!!
Medical Lab Tech (Former Employee), Scarbourough / PortlandAugust 9, 2015
Pros: They hire new people constantly (because they are terrible to stay at)
Cons: No; raises, easy PTO, afordable benifits, promotions, advancement.
If I was to compare Nordx, it would be of the tactics and terrible business of Wal-Mart.
Low wages, no raises, management is paid to ignore and harass employees.
Not terrible if you work per diem, or temp. You have to fight tooth and nail to get any PTO. Management is terrible, they have a system of hiring managers that are under qualified or know nothing about biology or how a lab is run, then after about a year they will rotate new management in as the old management will have found a new job or will have just resigned.
I have directed a lot of people away from this company as they constant changes to upper management and employees makes it a very difficult place to work.
No matter how hard you work, Nordx will not give raises, they claim themselves as a not for profit group but I have seen what all the upper management makes and it’s a giant scam to keep the flow of new employees coming in at low wages and kick out the long term workers.
I worked with them for 2 years, exceptional reviews every time, never got a raise. They will not even openly talk about raises; you get pushed aside and ignored a lot when working at nordx.
Stressful enviroment, great co-workrs
Specimen Collector/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Maine Medical Center, 22 Bramhall St. Portland, MEApril 28, 2015
Pros: N/A
I enjoy working with the people at Nordx, but do not enjoy the supervisors. They are constantly picking out the bad things, and never take the time to praise the workers. The schedule is constantly being re-worked, due to lack of coverage on different shifts. Supervisors denying PTO time to employees due to short staffing, and a large turn around of employees.
Hardest part of the job, dealing with the constant changes in schedule and personnel.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the patient interaction, and meeting new people and talking with them.
Productive and fun work place
Phlebotomy/lab assistant (Current Employee), Scarborough, MEDecember 10, 2014
Pros: meeting all the great people i do
Cons: working alone sometimes not break
I would have to say the hardest part of my job was learning everything and that test always change. I work in a fun environment, have amazing co-workers. A typical work day from 730-1230 I draw any where from 20-40 patients, centrifuge specimens, and rack and track them for currier to pick up. I maintain all of this as a 1 person team. I most enjoy meeting new people everyday and listening to the stories they have to tell. I love learning new stuff even if its challenging, the most challenge the better it is. Everyday is a learning experience for me, and I love it.
Quiet at the site I am stationed at.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Scarborough, MESeptember 30, 2014
Pros: job security.
Cons: travel, integrity of specimens, hours.
Not overly busy at this time. Travel is too far, no compensation.
Tough company to work for!!!
Phlebotomist III (Former Employee), Scarborough, MEJune 11, 2014
I did not enjoy working for Nordx. They did not understand that some people have families that need to care for in addition to working. I asked to take a longer lunch break to bring my son to the doctor's and I was told no because there wasn't enough staff, but the boss could take a 3 hour lunch.
The pay for this company is not ever good either. This a great job for someone just getting out of school and trying to get some experience under their feet.
Good company to work for, very helpful and friendly staff.
Phlebotomist III (Current Employee), Scarborough, MEJanuary 9, 2013
I work as a traveling phlebotomist. My day starts at 5:00am in nursing homes around the area. I love what I do and the people i work with, but am ready to settle and work in one place, not traveling 100 plus miles a day.I really enjoy working with patients and hope to keep doing so in the future!
Very clean and sterile
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Scarborough, MEOctober 5, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The only complaint I have that there wasn't any room for improvement. You couldn't move up the ladder so to speak.
If your looking for a filler job
Lab Assistant II (Current Employee), Scarborough, MESeptember 29, 2012
Pros: good health care
Cons: poor managment, poor comunication, no raises, lay offs
Poor managment, Poor comunication, no raises, lay offs. The hours are dependable, leave the work there when you go home at night, and the health care is good. I havent recieved a raise in 3 years.
team oriented great place to work
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee), Portland, MEFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: great training program.
Cons: can be very busy, some people don't like that but i loved it.
Team oriented environment. If you have any questions/concerns you can ask anyone. If they can't answer your question they will direct someone who can.