Nordyne Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work with seasonal ups and downs in production schedule
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 9, 2016
Nordyne was a good place to work with great people willing to help when needed. Being an HVAC manufacturer there was seasonal ups and downs in the production schedule each year.
awesome work environment
split-line brazer (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJanuary 11, 2016
The management were good people whom work with you. They helped me learn a lot of hands on stuff like wiring and they helped me obtain my brazing permit. The hardest part of the job was the tempature in the building other than that it was wonderful.
have fun working with other
Labor/machine hand tool operator (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 15, 2015
Enjoyed been with other because our job will learn to be on your best because working with hand-tool an work with heat and air.
Over all good place to work ,People like family
Production Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOAugust 23, 2015
Over all a good place to work everyone was treated like Family .Worked in many departments .Bosses were pretty understanding ,We could go to them if we had troubles.Job Security well they moved the company to Mexico but did give two to three years to plan that was an upside
Pros
Great pay and people
Cons
they moved to Mexico
Good place to work and nice people
Production & Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2015
Fun place and a lot of hard workers. The people there are team players that like to get the work done. The job and the people where easy to work with
Hot
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJuly 8, 2015
It was a good place to work. Only they only had a few full time employees. Hired on as a seasonal worker. Was a very hot place to work. Had good people to work with. Made good friends. Had good management.
Cons
very hot.
Good place to work other then closing
Press Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOJune 17, 2015
Put on all the needed safety equipment. learned how to set up and run presses. Management was very good and fair. Co workers were great. Hardest part of the job was leaving it when they decided to move the plant to Mexico. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the parts you made put into furnaces and sent down the line.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
its closing
Emplyment with Nordyne
Leadperson (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOJune 2, 2015
Working at Nordyne was good, lot of good experience. Working with coworkers was sometime challenging and rewarding. From day to day getting the schedule for the shift from the Supervisor before his shift ends, and relating it on to the co-workers. Helping the setup operators when a problem occurs. Helping out in the apartment where ever man power is short. Help out on a forklift where material handling was needed. Watching the Safety Quality then Quantity threw out the department. Dealing with co-workers personal problems was the most difficult part of the job. The best time of the shift was when there where no problems and the co-workers where not needing anything, and the office work was completed. This is when I would select a press that was needing ran, and set down and run it.
Productive place to work
Set Up 4 (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMay 31, 2015
my typical day was setting up multiple copper bending machines for myself and others, i would measure and check the parts on a cmm machine.
Worked 12 hours six days a week.
Lacer (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNApril 29, 2015
Typical day at work started about six in the morning. All workers prepared their stations and put their safety equipment on. The workers in my department taught me easier ways and tricks to make or fix quality parts to help the line run smoothly. The job was pretty easy. I enjoyed knowing I had co-workers that were willing to work with me and help me learn as much as possible.
productive
Split Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNApril 23, 2015
Good place to work I liked my superviser and the people I work with. I just feel they should change there attendence policy. If you have doctors notes i dont feel they should fire you
Pros
good work envirement
Cons
seasonal
ok place to work pay was good
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOApril 20, 2015
I learned how to assemble their products. Learned 3 different jobs in the short time I was there. Hard on your hands with the wiring of the product. Co workers were not very friendly.
Pros
had alot of free lunches. Also got a bonus for having good quality.
Cons
Short breaks for working 10 hour days. Only got 2 ten min. breaks.
Great Employer
Industrial Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 26, 2015
It was a great opportunity to learn about FMLA, Work Comp, and Osha. Management was very communicative and easy to work with. The hardest part was taking over the day shift clinic with very little training but I like a challenge. The very best thing about being a nurse at a factory was working with individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
Pros
Great hours, good people.
Cons
They shut down.
Great company for advancement opportunities and learning.
Repair (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 13, 2015
Working at Nordyne was a constant learning experience. As my first manufacturing job I was unsure of my abilities at the beginning. With supervisors who understood learning and developing speed does not come instantly, I was able to prove to myself and my superiors that I was indeed capable of picking up on any station I worked and earned the opportunity to advance three times in the two years I worked for the company. Unfortunately, the corporate office made the decision to shut down the factory I worked at and opened a new factory outside of the US so job security was not as I had hoped for.
Pros
competitive pay, opportunities for overtime pay
Cons
short breaks, a lot of mandatory overtime
Nordyne - Closes
Lead Shift Controller (Current Employee) –  Boonville, MOMarch 5, 2015
I worked at Nordyne for 15 years. Nordyne will be closing this year as they are moving to Mexico. Making opportunity for growth and advancement very minimal.
Good Job
Master scheduler (Former Employee) –  Boonvile, Mo 65233February 15, 2015
Good job but plant closed and moved to the country of Mexico. This will put a lot of people out of a job. company is working hard to help us with the transistion
Pros
good pay and location
Cons
plant moveing to mexico
Looking for part time oppertunity.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 4, 2014
I enjoy my job. Will contine to work there full time while looking for a part time position. I work with great people.
General Plant
General Plant (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 28, 2014
I worked in the glue booth glue, Doors stickers. floor walker, first scan, heater boxs
Change is key
Demand Based Representative (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 7, 2014
I do not believe I had ever seen a company that would roll out new supervisory and upper management as frequently as this one. They were careful that their compensation was competitive in the job market.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJune 18, 2014
Rotating shifts. 12 hour days. Really well taken care of place. Great pay for what you do. Hands will tend to get really sore at first. There wasn't anything that I did that was hard. The only thing that was hard for me is having a young child at home and being a single parent made the hours and rotating shifts hard to do.