Nordyne Employee Reviews

Productive.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 1, 2017
I love the work and the hours. I enjoyed the pace and friendly faces. I worked 12 hours a day.. I worked 4 days on 2 off. They eventually went out of business. I helped make the blowers for air conditioning units.
It was a good place to work
Materials Manager (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MODecember 20, 2016
The people there were like family.

I was responsible for the schedulers, the shipping and receiving docks and also the expeditors. We as a group worked together to keep the inventories moving to the production lines in a timely manner to get the product out the door. The shipping crew were responsible for loading the product with no damage.
great job
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MONovember 2, 2016
It was a very fun and clean place to work. I don't know why I left it I would go back if I could. A good learning experience and a wonderful place to advance.
Nice factory job
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOOctober 27, 2016
It was a nice job to have. It was very easy and the hours and benefits were great. I wish the company did not move to mexico because I would still be working there.
Good While it Lasted
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJune 10, 2016
Depending on your line of work and your supervisor, the job could be a cakewalk or a complete nightmare. I happened to get lucky and sincerely enjoyed my time there but I saw too many good people get hurt by office politics. Their goal and their vision were well done, they will be missed.
worked the last few years of the closing
Utility (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJune 2, 2016
The factory was full force open when I was hired. They had regular employee meetings and regular postings of job listings inside the plant. The HR dept was great at answering questions for workers. I was on overnights so it was a bit burdensome for obvious reasons. The management was quick to respond or begin processes of events or situations that had to be handled after office hours were closed. Moved to weekends shift at the last year of plant closing, as part of the 'building backstock' crew. All kinds of people were hired then quit, temp workers from temp agency, so for the vets of the facility it was a burden. Bosses left, questions began to be left unanswered (because there was no answer), and ideas were left to shrivel up. I assume that is normal part of shifting into 'losing job' land of a facility. Compensation for benefits from being with an outsourcing company were standard and well for what was happening. There was no surprises or false representation of what to expect at plant closure.
Pros
gave plenty of notice for outsource decision, implemented incentive programs for quality assurance scores
Cons
inevitable closure
Hoped to have a chance to work hard for the next company.
assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 13, 2016
Glad they gave me a chance to work for them. It was a good 12 years I had. I was employee that was there everyday. I was glad for them giving me a chance to work there
Good place to work with seasonal ups and downs in production schedule
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 9, 2016
Nordyne was a good place to work with great people willing to help when needed. Being an HVAC manufacturer there was seasonal ups and downs in the production schedule each year.
awesome work environment
split-line brazer (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJanuary 11, 2016
The management were good people whom work with you. They helped me learn a lot of hands on stuff like wiring and they helped me obtain my brazing permit. The hardest part of the job was the tempature in the building other than that it was wonderful.
have fun working with other
Labor/machine hand tool operator (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 15, 2015
Enjoyed been with other because our job will learn to be on your best because working with hand-tool an work with heat and air.
Over all good place to work ,People like family
Production Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOAugust 23, 2015
Over all a good place to work everyone was treated like Family .Worked in many departments .Bosses were pretty understanding ,We could go to them if we had troubles.Job Security well they moved the company to Mexico but did give two to three years to plan that was an upside
Pros
Great pay and people
Cons
they moved to Mexico
Good place to work and nice people
Production & Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2015
Fun place and a lot of hard workers. The people there are team players that like to get the work done. The job and the people where easy to work with
Hot
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJuly 8, 2015
It was a good place to work. Only they only had a few full time employees. Hired on as a seasonal worker. Was a very hot place to work. Had good people to work with. Made good friends. Had good management.
Cons
very hot.
Good place to work other then closing
Press Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOJune 17, 2015
Put on all the needed safety equipment. learned how to set up and run presses. Management was very good and fair. Co workers were great. Hardest part of the job was leaving it when they decided to move the plant to Mexico. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the parts you made put into furnaces and sent down the line.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
its closing
Emplyment with Nordyne
Leadperson (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOJune 2, 2015
Working at Nordyne was good, lot of good experience. Working with coworkers was sometime challenging and rewarding. From day to day getting the schedule for the shift from the Supervisor before his shift ends, and relating it on to the co-workers. Helping the setup operators when a problem occurs. Helping out in the apartment where ever man power is short. Help out on a forklift where material handling was needed. Watching the Safety Quality then Quantity threw out the department. Dealing with co-workers personal problems was the most difficult part of the job. The best time of the shift was when there where no problems and the co-workers where not needing anything, and the office work was completed. This is when I would select a press that was needing ran, and set down and run it.
Productive place to work
Set Up 4 (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMay 31, 2015
my typical day was setting up multiple copper bending machines for myself and others, i would measure and check the parts on a cmm machine.
Worked 12 hours six days a week.
Lacer (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNApril 29, 2015
Typical day at work started about six in the morning. All workers prepared their stations and put their safety equipment on. The workers in my department taught me easier ways and tricks to make or fix quality parts to help the line run smoothly. The job was pretty easy. I enjoyed knowing I had co-workers that were willing to work with me and help me learn as much as possible.
productive
Split Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNApril 23, 2015
Good place to work I liked my superviser and the people I work with. I just feel they should change there attendence policy. If you have doctors notes i dont feel they should fire you
Pros
good work envirement
Cons
seasonal
ok place to work pay was good
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOApril 20, 2015
I learned how to assemble their products. Learned 3 different jobs in the short time I was there. Hard on your hands with the wiring of the product. Co workers were not very friendly.
Pros
had alot of free lunches. Also got a bonus for having good quality.
Cons
Short breaks for working 10 hour days. Only got 2 ten min. breaks.
Great Employer
Industrial Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 26, 2015
It was a great opportunity to learn about FMLA, Work Comp, and Osha. Management was very communicative and easy to work with. The hardest part was taking over the day shift clinic with very little training but I like a challenge. The very best thing about being a nurse at a factory was working with individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
Pros
Great hours, good people.
Cons
They shut down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordyne. Our community is ready to answer.