Nordyne Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MODecember 16, 2017
We were a manufacturer of furnace systems and the plant ran 24/7
We were on a 12+ hr work day 3 on 2 off, which is every other weekend off. Pay was very good for an area that had a lot of job loss.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
shutdown and moved to Mexico and China
Fast paced
Set-up IV Operator (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 20, 2017
Nordyne was a good company to work for. The reason for me leaving Nordyne in a nutshell was the fact of them moving the production plant to Mexico. Other than that, I would have stayed.
relocated business
Assembly Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOAugust 15, 2017
Nordyne was a good place to work. Base pay was more than minimum wage and every year it increased. In the manufacturing industry it was very competitive.
Pros
competitive pay approximately every weekend off
Cons
Moved to another country
Productive and interesting work place.
Set up4 (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOAugust 3, 2017
Nordyne was an interesting place to work at. In my time there I could be at more than one machine on any given night. I was able to move up the latter quickly. It was a fun productive job.
Management and many issues on communicating between departments
HVAC Sr. Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 30, 2017
Day today the job was different management always had a problem delegating authority to different employees favoritism was a definite High in the Departments.
Integrity of management was horrible
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Micromanagement
I learned a lot working there. Good benefits, great pay.
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Nordyne, I miss it. The people were good to work with also. The benefits were awesome, Paid vacation days, paid holidays. The boss I had was great, he would listen to us if we had any issues with our jobs. I was in Quality so having issues was almost every day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The jobs at Nordyne went to Mexico
Not a good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNMay 9, 2017
There is a severe lack of communication. Supervisors would rather point fingers when something goes wrong than hold themselves or there operators accountable.
If you come to work you had a job for life with benifits
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOApril 9, 2017
My typical day was defects or testing I enjoyed my job.
Learned to take apart a furnace and put it back together to find defects.
Workplace culture was good the company seem to care about the person not just the group.
The hardest part was the hours and the work load. Some time 50 to 60 hours a week and the repetition work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee appreciation events. The company made sure everyone got something on those days.
Pros
Pay and benfits
Cons
Short breaks, long work hour and hard to get on full time
Productive.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 1, 2017
I love the work and the hours. I enjoyed the pace and friendly faces. I worked 12 hours a day.. I worked 4 days on 2 off. They eventually went out of business. I helped make the blowers for air conditioning units.
It was a good place to work
Materials Manager (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MODecember 20, 2016
The people there were like family.

I was responsible for the schedulers, the shipping and receiving docks and also the expeditors. We as a group worked together to keep the inventories moving to the production lines in a timely manner to get the product out the door. The shipping crew were responsible for loading the product with no damage.
great job
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MONovember 2, 2016
It was a very fun and clean place to work. I don't know why I left it I would go back if I could. A good learning experience and a wonderful place to advance.
Nice factory job
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOOctober 27, 2016
It was a nice job to have. It was very easy and the hours and benefits were great. I wish the company did not move to mexico because I would still be working there.
Good While it Lasted
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJune 10, 2016
Depending on your line of work and your supervisor, the job could be a cakewalk or a complete nightmare. I happened to get lucky and sincerely enjoyed my time there but I saw too many good people get hurt by office politics. Their goal and their vision were well done, they will be missed.
worked the last few years of the closing
Utility (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJune 2, 2016
The factory was full force open when I was hired. They had regular employee meetings and regular postings of job listings inside the plant. The HR dept was great at answering questions for workers. I was on overnights so it was a bit burdensome for obvious reasons. The management was quick to respond or begin processes of events or situations that had to be handled after office hours were closed. Moved to weekends shift at the last year of plant closing, as part of the 'building backstock' crew. All kinds of people were hired then quit, temp workers from temp agency, so for the vets of the facility it was a burden. Bosses left, questions began to be left unanswered (because there was no answer), and ideas were left to shrivel up. I assume that is normal part of shifting into 'losing job' land of a facility. Compensation for benefits from being with an outsourcing company were standard and well for what was happening. There was no surprises or false representation of what to expect at plant closure.
Pros
gave plenty of notice for outsource decision, implemented incentive programs for quality assurance scores
Cons
inevitable closure
Hoped to have a chance to work hard for the next company.
assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 13, 2016
Glad they gave me a chance to work for them. It was a good 12 years I had. I was employee that was there everyday. I was glad for them giving me a chance to work there
Good place to work with seasonal ups and downs in production schedule
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 9, 2016
Nordyne was a good place to work with great people willing to help when needed. Being an HVAC manufacturer there was seasonal ups and downs in the production schedule each year.
awesome work environment
split-line brazer (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJanuary 11, 2016
The management were good people whom work with you. They helped me learn a lot of hands on stuff like wiring and they helped me obtain my brazing permit. The hardest part of the job was the tempature in the building other than that it was wonderful.
have fun working with other
Labor/machine hand tool operator (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 15, 2015
Enjoyed been with other because our job will learn to be on your best because working with hand-tool an work with heat and air.
Over all good place to work ,People like family
Production Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOAugust 23, 2015
Over all a good place to work everyone was treated like Family .Worked in many departments .Bosses were pretty understanding ,We could go to them if we had troubles.Job Security well they moved the company to Mexico but did give two to three years to plan that was an upside
Pros
Great pay and people
Cons
they moved to Mexico
Good place to work and nice people
Production & Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2015
Fun place and a lot of hard workers. The people there are team players that like to get the work done. The job and the people where easy to work with