Nordyne

Nordyne Employer Reviews

Great place to work with good management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Boonville, MOMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good management, supervisors
Cons: unpredictable lay offs
I overall liked working at Nordyne. The Human Resource team and management made the job worthwhile.
Air Conditioning plant with non work Air Conditioning
Team Leader (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: it paid the bills
Cons: everything
Found it very hard to be working on air conditioners sweating because the plant air conditioners did not work.
Very fast work place on the assembly line
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: its a job.
Cons: lay-offs
Very fast pace, very hard on your hands, Sastey shoes & safety glasses are needed..you will be standing almost all your shift time.
Production Work
Production Worker (Former Employee), Boonville, MOJune 13, 2013
Pros: money, benefits, social interaction with great coworkers
Cons: standing on cement floors for 10 hours a day and the wear and tear on your body.
Nordyne was a good paying job that helped me to take care of my children. I went to work for 10 hours a day and assembled heating and a/c units. The people were very helpful and easy to get along with. I really like the people i worked with and i was disappointed when they had to lay us off.
Productive,too hot
Material Handler (Current Employee), Dyersburg, TNMay 15, 2013
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: hot
Fast pace workplace,enjoyed working at adequate speed,very neat and clean facility,work areas where always kept clean,reasonable breaks.good hours
nice place to work
Shipping (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNApril 20, 2013
Pros: good peolpes
Cons: bad peolpes
nice place to work wish i was still there some peopes didnt like some things u did but over all god business
good place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Boonville, MOMarch 6, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: lay offs
liked what i did there,built outsise airconditioning units,,learned alot
A place of fast-pace work and still enjoyable.
General Plant (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MODecember 17, 2012
Stood on an assembly line and built heating and air conditioning units. Put parts on and insured quality of the product. I also brazed pieces made of copper together to make parts for the units. Management and co-workers were alright, I didn't talk to them much on account of how busy you have to stay. I had to drive about an hour to get there but it – more... was an easily learn-able job and kept me busy. – less
Nice job
General Laborer (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNNovember 26, 2012
Nice place to work, most people are nice and understanding. Some supervisors play favorites though
Production plant with good people
General Plant (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNSeptember 13, 2012
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
The actual job is not a bad job. The hours are long, especially in between breaks. The breaks are too short. You get a sense that the management and supervisors never know anything important until the last minute, or that they are lying to you. I really enjoyed the shift hours, 5:30pm til 4am.
Great team environment
Back Up Lead (Former Employee), Boonville, MOAugust 7, 2012
Pros: great company benefits
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
Forty hour work weeks. Four days at ten hour shifts. Gained knowledge of a production line from start to finish. Recieved a promotion were I gained many leadership skills. Managment was always helpful and knowledgeable with answering company questions and concerns. Co-workers provided a great team environment and worked well together under high pressure – more... situations. Hardest part of the job was learning that individuals must be handled differently due to different personalitie. Most enjoyable part of this job was the hours. The co-workers and the knowledge I gained daily bu being in a leadershi position. – less
Overall, Nordyne is a good place to work if your a ful-time employee.
Forklife Operator (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MONovember 19, 2011
Pros: you have a pay-check coming
Cons: you will work as a full-time employee, unable to take time off for interviews
For me this was a good match, a job between jobs. They have seasonal type work. At the end of a season most if not all seasonal help are laid off. Seasonal help have no benefits, and no job security.