Nordyne

Nordyne Employee Reviews

Emplyment with Nordyne
Leadperson (Former Employee), Boonville, MOJune 2, 2015
Working at Nordyne was good, lot of good experience. Working with coworkers was sometime challenging and rewarding. From day to day getting the schedule for the shift from the Supervisor before his shift ends, and relating it on to the co-workers. Helping the setup operators when a problem occurs. Helping out in the apartment where ever man power is short. Help out on a forklift where material handling was needed. Watching the Safety Quality then Quantity threw out the department. Dealing with co-workers personal problems was the most difficult part of the job. The best time of the shift was when there where no problems and the co-workers where not needing anything, and the office work was completed. This is when I would select a press that was needing ran, and set down and run it.
Productive place to work
Set Up 4 (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOMay 31, 2015
my typical day was setting up multiple copper bending machines for myself and others, i would measure and check the parts on a cmm machine.
Worked 12 hours six days a week.
Lacer (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNApril 29, 2015
Typical day at work started about six in the morning. All workers prepared their stations and put their safety equipment on. The workers in my department taught me easier ways and tricks to make or fix quality parts to help the line run smoothly. The job was pretty easy. I enjoyed knowing I had co-workers that were willing to work with me and help me learn as much as possible.
productive
Split Line Operator (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNApril 23, 2015
Pros: good work envirement
Cons: seasonal
Good place to work I liked my superviser and the people I work with. I just feel they should change there attendence policy. If you have doctors notes i dont feel they should fire you
ok place to work pay was good
Production worker (Former Employee), Boonville, MOApril 20, 2015
Pros: had alot of free lunches. Also got a bonus for having good quality.
Cons: Short breaks for working 10 hour days. Only got 2 ten min. breaks.
I learned how to assemble their products. Learned 3 different jobs in the short time I was there. Hard on your hands with the wiring of the product. Co workers were not very friendly.
Great Employer
Industrial Nurse, LPN (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great hours, good people.
Cons: They shut down.
It was a great opportunity to learn about FMLA, Work Comp, and Osha. Management was very communicative and easy to work with. The hardest part was taking over the day shift clinic with very little training but I like a challenge. The very best thing about being a nurse at a factory was working with individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
Great company for advancement opportunities and learning.
Repair (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 13, 2015
Pros: competitive pay, opportunities for overtime pay
Cons: short breaks, a lot of mandatory overtime
Working at Nordyne was a constant learning experience. As my first manufacturing job I was unsure of my abilities at the beginning. With supervisors who understood learning and developing speed does not come instantly, I was able to prove to myself and my superiors that I was indeed capable of picking up on any station I worked and earned the opportunity to advance three times in the two years I worked for the company. Unfortunately, the corporate office made the decision to shut down the factory I worked at and opened a new factory outside of the US so job security was not as I had hoped for.
Nordyne - Closes
Lead Shift Controller (Current Employee), Boonville, MOMarch 5, 2015
I worked at Nordyne for 15 years. Nordyne will be closing this year as they are moving to Mexico. Making opportunity for growth and advancement very minimal.
Good Job
Master scheduler (Former Employee), Boonvile, Mo 65233February 15, 2015
Pros: good pay and location
Cons: plant moveing to mexico
Good job but plant closed and moved to the country of Mexico. This will put a lot of people out of a job. company is working hard to help us with the transistion
Looking for part time oppertunity.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MODecember 4, 2014
I enjoy my job. Will contine to work there full time while looking for a part time position. I work with great people.
General Plant
General Plant (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 28, 2014
I worked in the glue booth glue, Doors stickers. floor walker, first scan, heater boxs
Change is key
Demand Based Representative (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOOctober 7, 2014
I do not believe I had ever seen a company that would roll out new supervisory and upper management as frequently as this one. They were careful that their compensation was competitive in the job market.
Assembler (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOJune 18, 2014
Rotating shifts. 12 hour days. Really well taken care of place. Great pay for what you do. Hands will tend to get really sore at first. There wasn't anything that I did that was hard. The only thing that was hard for me is having a young child at home and being a single parent made the hours and rotating shifts hard to do.
using muscle
Line Lead (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOJune 9, 2014
Pros: the money and benefits
Cons: the long hours
We would have to lift alot of metal sometimes on the lines or off the lines. I was fast pace so we could make our night quota. It was neat watching as the furnace went down the line starting out a flat piece of metal and turning into an actual furnace.
Productive and fun place to work.
General Plant Employee (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOApril 4, 2014
Pros: can buy heating or cooling units.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would usually begin slow but as the time progressed the work would start to pick up. I learned that you cannot get something done if you only put half the effort and try to slack off all the time. The management was really funny to talk to and they were all really great people and tried to help you out as best as they could. The co-workers are great people. They are patient and will help you as much as possible when you fall behind and really need the help. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all of the insulation in the factory. The most enjoyable parts of the job were working on the line and the people would be working but having a really great time. They made what could be a boring job into a very interesting one.
Great place to work with good management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Boonville, MOMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good management, supervisors
Cons: unpredictable lay offs
I overall liked working at Nordyne. The Human Resource team and management made the job worthwhile.
Air Conditioning plant with non work Air Conditioning
Team Leader (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: it paid the bills
Cons: everything
Found it very hard to be working on air conditioners sweating because the plant air conditioners did not work.
Very fast work place on the assembly line
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: its a job.
Cons: lay-offs
Very fast pace, very hard on your hands, Sastey shoes & safety glasses are needed..you will be standing almost all your shift time.
Production Work
Production Worker (Former Employee), Boonville, MOJune 13, 2013
Pros: money, benefits, social interaction with great coworkers
Cons: standing on cement floors for 10 hours a day and the wear and tear on your body.
Nordyne was a good paying job that helped me to take care of my children. I went to work for 10 hours a day and assembled heating and a/c units. The people were very helpful and easy to get along with. I really like the people i worked with and i was disappointed when they had to lay us off.
Productive,too hot
Material Handler (Current Employee), Dyersburg, TNMay 15, 2013
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: hot
Fast pace workplace,enjoyed working at adequate speed,very neat and clean facility,work areas where always kept clean,reasonable breaks.good hours

Nordyne Salaries