NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL

Srcure worthwhile career
Sports centre manager (Former Employee) –  Sewell park academyMarch 2, 2017
Enjoyed my time with Norfolk County Council
Worked for them over 20 years found them to
Be a reasonable employer who provided good
Opportunities. Secure job with a reasonable salary and pension scheme.
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Long unsocial hours
Very good at the school and reliable
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  SchoolFebruary 15, 2017
Very good a great team to work for.a fun work place and very good team,I have work at the school for twenty years and enjoyed every minute.they are a good company to work for.
diverse
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, UKJanuary 23, 2017
good all round employer, extremely diverse, hardest part of job is completing all tasks necessary as community care you have 10 or 15 clients per shift and have to get to and from each client and through traffic all in a timely manner
Pros
flexible working
Enjoyable
Dinner Lady (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, NorfolkJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoy working for Norfolk County council. I am a dinner lady and I enjoy the half term off with my daughter which is a huge benifit as it can often be hard to find childcare.
Pros
Holiday
Cons
Starting half way throufh the day
Don't bother with Social Services
Assistant Practitioner (Current Employee) –  NorwichOctober 18, 2016
Social Services are working to such tight financial constraints now that unless you thrive off removing support from people, it's not worth applying for a job there...
excellent working environment
School Site Manager (Former Employee) –  NorwichSeptember 3, 2016
enjoyed working for NCC as a school site manager helping the staff to ndo a better job of teaching the children only left to semi retire
Parent Governor Rep
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  County, NorwichAugust 6, 2016
Working within Childrens services, Sitting on the committee with County Counsellors and bringing the voice of other Governors to the team.
Productive and fun workplace
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  NorwichJuly 10, 2016
Learnt a lot about creating robust systems and checks and balances employed to create one. Work environment was full of supportive and warm colleagues.
High Standard of quality
Highways Maintanance Apprentice (Former Employee) –  NorwichJuly 5, 2016
It had a high quality of work and worked to a high quality. The job was a good job to have but it wasn't what I want to do, however the aspect of the work was intriguing and enticed me to ensure there is quality within my work
Poor Working Conditions
Adult Services Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NorfolkMarch 4, 2016
Poor management, with a culture of blame and lack of managerial support.

Unreasonable working expectations with expectations of completing work whilst at home and whilst on holiday. I would be completing work up and over midnight each night to attempt to complete all reports necessary.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Unreasonable work expectations
All staff within Necton School are professional and very committed.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  NectonFebruary 22, 2016
I very much enjoy my current job and the excellent people I work with. However, I wish to further my prospects and earning potential.

I feel it is time for me to leave the class room.
There are constant financial cutbacks and restructuring
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  County Hall - NorwichOctober 17, 2015
Sadly what used to be a half-decent posting has turned into an utter nightmare due to the non-stop financial cutbacks, restructuring and very poor management at senior level(s).

Many departments are being merged with staff being laid-off, hence you are being asked to twice the workload for exactly the same salary. NCC have even implemented fee(s) to park your own vehicle at work.

Morale among staff is the lowest that I have ever known, and employees off work with stress-related illness is rife.

Sadly employees are not appreciated by management who are now just concerned with budgeting and filling totally unrealistic work quotas.
Pros
Salary is moderate for the locale, Pension Scheme, Flexi Leave, Decent Holiday Entitlement
Cons
Poor management, Highly unrealistic and increasingly heavy workload, Salary is remaining static, Poor staff morale, Wholly unappreciative management, Lack of incentives, High stress levels
fun work place
MSA (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, ENGOctober 15, 2015
I have enjoyed my job and work great as part of a team. I have gained great experience working here. I manage a team of four people which works very well.
Enjoyable and fair
Highways Designer (Former Employee) –  Norwich, ENGSeptember 27, 2015
Before 2008 there were plenty of chances for progression. This was halted, understandably. There are great managers and terrible ones, it's pot luck what you end up with. That aside, a good place to work, lots of benefits and perks. Hard work will see you progress (eventually).
Pros
Free education, flexible working hours
Fair
Creche Supervisor (Former Employee) –  norwichAugust 14, 2015
Enjoyable, on the job learning, management approachable. Co-workers like-minded. The hardest part of the job was having the correct resources.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the families.
Different, rewarding
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  NorwichApril 9, 2015
Very rewarding helping others, and learning how to deal with people differently as well as gaining key communication skills and great geographical knowledge.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough hours
Government cuts not improving customer service or employees lives
Credit Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich, ENGMarch 30, 2015
Constant staff cuts putting additional pressure on teams to perform and reach targets with fewer resources.

A typical day involved being aware of the overall outstanding debts and ensuring all debts were being actioned within the Councils debt policy guidelines. Making myself available for team members should they need guidance to resolve any issues. Attending court on behalf of the council and meetings with customers, departmental representatives or various internal teams.

Debts for care services in later life are very difficult debts to chase. The costs of care are high and not something people always choose. Their health circumstances are a forced change for which they have no control over but still need to pay for.

Due to the decision making processes within local government change is too slow to achieve the true benefits of any efficiency or monetary savings.

My team were very supportive of one an other and committed to achieving the KPI's for members and the residents of Norfolk.

The hardest part of the job was seeing how hard my team worked and the continual abuse they took from customers. Their debt portfolios increasing due to no fault of their own. The continual fire fighting

The most enjoyable part of my role was supporting my team in anyway I could, helping customers to resolve issues and offering alternate was to settle their debts. Delivering the best service possible in a very difficult service.
Pros
final salary pension
Cons
stressful environment, long hours
Public sector
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  County HallMarch 27, 2015
Used to be a good place to work but now everyone is stressed and looking at budgets for everything. Salary and pensions are brilliant but thats about it.
Pros
Salary & Pension
Cons
Poor atmosphere and culture
fun and enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, ENGSeptember 28, 2014
very good time had while working here. nice people both staff and customers.
Teaching
Assistant Headteacher (Former Employee) –  Norwich, ENGJuly 30, 2014
Assistant Head and Teacher in a small primary school.
Part of a small team.
Highly stressful but very rewarding.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.