NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL

NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL Employer Reviews

Busy environment
Cover Manager (Current Employee), Great Yarmouth, ENGJune 2, 2014
Pros: suitable hours whilst my children were at school
Cons: not enough hours now my children are not at school
A very busy environment where no two days are the same. Colleagues are friendly and fun to work with. I enjoy dealing with both colleagues and students and have a good rapor with most of them.
can be a good place to work
site officer/cleaning supervisor (Current Employee), King's Lynn, ENGFebruary 22, 2014
Locking bikes sheds. seeing if any events are on. stocking up students toilets. delivering parcels. answering any requests from teachers. cleaning main hall after break, setting up assembly. checking toilets before break and lunch.

cleaning job.
Organising keys for cleaners,
keeping their equipment in good working order,
replacing any used chemicals,
doing – more... the time sheets,
supervising them to make sure the school is cleaned. – less
Local Authority
ICT Operations Team Leader (Current Employee), Norwich, ENGJanuary 17, 2014
Managing the delivery of the desktop operational service to over 300 schools in Norfolk
Managing the motivation, development and deployment of 35 staff, ensuring availability of appropriate levels of resource for our customer base to deliver current Operational and Project works.
Produce action plans, monthly and ad hoc reports for all levels of the – more... service
Work with cross functional teams to ensure a more coherent service delivery
Visit customers to negotiate contracts and give presentations regarding our service
Challenge my team to look at all processes to look for further efficiencies
Act as conduit between the Senior Management Team, critical recourse and the customer base – less
Flexible working
Procurement Helpdesk Assistant (Current Employee), Martineau Lane, NorwichOctober 5, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits. flexible hours
Cons: work pressure. unsecure employment.
I enjoy the benefits of working for a government institution but in my view it's management is poor as are prospects for advancement are very limited in the current economic climate as central government demand more and more cuts every year putting jobs at risk and employees under pressure both in the amount of work and the constant threat of redundancy. – more... Despite this the benefits of flexible working are a big plus which does a lot to offset other failings in this institution. – less
Fun whilst learning
Adult Education course participant (Former Employee), Norwich, ENGSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: new qualifications and skills
Cons: need some experience now
I really enjoyed this course, a lot of it was down to common sense, but with the encouragement of the tutor and the other learners on the course I was able to complete all the modules. It has improved my confidence in the use of computers and I would now welcome the chance to build on these new skills. Therefore I am looking to do some voluntary work.
Enjoyed Training and meeting other carers
Retired Foster Carer (Former Employee), Norwich, ENGJune 27, 2013
Pros: training and meeting other carers
Cons: difficult getting respite
Only retired Fostering because Wife suffered a Heart Attack in
November 2012.
Professional, open and friendly workplaces
Inbound call handler (Former Employee), Norwich, ENGJune 10, 2013
Pros: making a difference to people's wellbeing. ensuring safe passage to/from school.
Cons: informing the vulnerable that they didn't qualify for our service from time to time.
1: Arranging transport for vulnerable school children via email and phone requests. Using the in-house systems I would co-ordinate and liaise with taxi, bus and private hire car drivers. The most difficult part was if there was no transport available, sometimes meaning that the child would have to walk at least part way home in the dark.

2: A similar – more... process for the East of Anglia ambulance service except we vetted them medically (it was a non-emergency ambulance service). That entailed the toughest part, informing an elderly person that they were not eligible for free transport. – less
Relatively well organised from my perspective as a teacher
Teacher (Current Employee), Norwich Road primary ThetfordJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: relatively secure with a pension
Cons: as a teacher i'm pretty deskilled to workin many other commercial sectors
Difficult to put in context. I'm currently a teacher in Thetford working part time in early years.I don't have a lot to do with other NCC workers,

Hardest part of job dealing with the shifting sands in education and having to adopt different priorities that sometimes do not seem to reflect the needs of children.
Most enjoyable achieving happiness and – more... well being through children's learning. – less
Overall, NCC is a good place to work.
Library Assistant (Current Employee), Gaywood Library, King's LynnJanuary 15, 2013
Cons: unfortunately, due to government cutbacks, i am unable to secure more hours.
Working as a library assistant is a very fullfilling job. One of the best parts is the interaction with the public, young and old, a rapport can be built with them.
Overworked, under appreciated
Family Support Worker (Former Employee), thetfordAugust 24, 2012
Management care more about themselves than the staff, Depressing and stressful work with little or no reward.
Was treated appallingly.