NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

A great place to work where you have a genuine input on community and citizens
Stock Recovery Officer (Current Employee) –  County Hall NorwichOctober 31, 2017
Little opportunity for career advancement given current ongoing cuts. A customer / citizen focussed organisation with amazing effort to provide excellent customer service. Excellent management.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Further redundancies expected due to cuts in central government funding
Friendly, hardworking team
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NorfolkOctober 12, 2017
Was a voluntary position and therefore not able to comment on management and culture. I enjoyed working as part of a team and working outside with nature.
caring and challenge
Midday Sup. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NorfolkSeptember 20, 2017
I love working as a Mid. Sup.Assistant because I do care what children at school healthy eating is,and as a mum supervision in lunch time is important
Staffing cut to the bone,
Nobody (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NorfolkSeptember 14, 2017
More responsibility put on individuals. Stress to achieve targets ignoring the customers. Future funding cuts will only make it worse.
Workplace culture is cutthroat and wellbeing is talked about all the time but never considered or addressed.
Pros
None offered
Cons
Pressure and stress
Supportive atmosphere.
Tutor and learning support assistant (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, NorfolkSeptember 13, 2017
The company is suffering from reduced funding making it a less secure place to work. have enjoyed working with learners but the paperwork has become unmanageable.
A brilliant employer
Development Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NorfolkAugust 31, 2017
Very supportive team, fantastic manager and good working culture. An excellent place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for this company and would recommend it to future applicants.
Pros
Great working environment and culture.
Cons
No park.ing
County Council
Economic Development and Adult Social Care (Former Employee) –  NorfolkAugust 9, 2017
Ok for a few years but good to have a change to get out of the bubble. At County Hall they have a good canteen with very reasonably priced meals, including veggie options
Highly supportive employer
Business Administration Apprentice (Current Employee) –  NorwichAugust 8, 2017
Norfolk County Council has been vary accommodating of the difficulties I've had in work life on account of my disability and I am progressing well there onto completing a Business Administration Apprenticeship
County Hall is a very nice office to work in
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NorfolkJune 21, 2017
The workplace is lovely, although the cultures are very slow and on many occasion frustrating. The progressive nature of the top management do not always filter through the organisation. Many lack the drive. Expect to do the work of three people as standard in the current economic climes!
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Difficult to achieve and progress
Great management and really enjoyable job
Placement (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NorfolkJune 9, 2017
I worked in a great team that gave me lots of opportunity to do my own thing and use my creativity to produce new products and ideas. A very relaxed office with lots of opportunities to get out of the office and work on site.
Boring
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NorfolkMay 25, 2017
To work for the government structure one needs to have a certain mind set, this employment is not for all.
I found it boring. Also, there too many obstacles to overcome on the way to any achievement, which is very frustrating and demoralising at times.
Good employer good work ethic
MOBILE LIBRARY OPERATOR/INFORMATION ASSISTANCE (Former Employee) –  NorwichMay 14, 2017
I have work for Norfolk County Council for the last 9 years and left the my post because of the imminent redundancy in the department. The hours are fine with the typical day at work not involving overtime at any time. I loved to work with the public and was offered the basic training to fulfil my duets at work free of charge. Management was fair but not always cooperative or flexible in their thinking and approach towards the employees. Great work colleagues, good provisions.
Pros
Good work ethic
Cons
Only 1 year contracts available, low job security
Moral is generally pretty good amongst social workers and most of them feel well supported by their colleagues and managers.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Dereham, NorfolkMay 11, 2017
I was well supported throughout my newly qualified year. The most enjoyable part of the job was supporitng the children and families and seeing them making progress.
Pros
Supports its newly qualified social workers very well
Cons
Long hours I did do a lot of paper work outside of working hours to ensure that I met deadlines.
Hard work but rewarding
EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER (Current Employee) –  WISBECHMay 5, 2017
The day starts the minute you arrive on the premises with safety checks, preparation of environment and resources. When the children arrive I greet and settle them while engaging in conversation with the adults to find out and pass on important information. The session is then full on mental and physical effort to deliver the best care and education to the children. Observations and records of progress are made electronically.
I am on a constant learning journey as each child is different, policies and government directive change and 'the best' practice theories are ever evolving. I have learnt to be open minded and adaptable.
Management has changed over the years and there are now three layers but the ethos is 'team'
The workplace culture is to do your best with true passion.
The hardest part of the job is the constant exertion required, on the other hand there is never time to get bored and no two days are ever the same.
The best part of the job is to witness the children's progression emotionally, physically and academically.
Pros
In house training
Cons
Unpaid time preparing and recording.
Supprtive
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NorfolkApril 25, 2017
Norfolk County Council are very supportive of their workers. They offer regular supervision and training opportunities and there is suport for progression.
Pros
Are supported with high case loads
Cons
Long hours, high case loads
A passion in Early Years for over 25 years
Early Years Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NorfolkApril 11, 2017
I currently work with children's and familys who are in need of early intervention . I support the families with Solihull parenting and interventions that support parent and child attachment . I am the lead practitioner in the FSP process and coordinate this for the family and the team around the child .
Enjoyable working environment.
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, NorfolkMarch 3, 2017
Varied and interesting work. Involving maintaining various sports fields. From football pitches through to cricket pitches. Maintenence of all associated equipment required to maintain playing fields.
Pros
Working with differnt peole.
Cons
Insecure work environment. At the time with funding cutbacks
Srcure worthwhile career
Sports centre manager (Former Employee) –  Sewell park academyMarch 2, 2017
Enjoyed my time with Norfolk County Council
Worked for them over 20 years found them to
Be a reasonable employer who provided good
Opportunities. Secure job with a reasonable salary and pension scheme.
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Long unsocial hours
Very good at the school and reliable
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  SchoolFebruary 15, 2017
Very good a great team to work for.a fun work place and very good team,I have work at the school for twenty years and enjoyed every minute.they are a good company to work for.
diverse
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, UKJanuary 23, 2017
good all round employer, extremely diverse, hardest part of job is completing all tasks necessary as community care you have 10 or 15 clients per shift and have to get to and from each client and through traffic all in a timely manner
Pros
flexible working