Norfolk State University

Norfolk State University Employer Reviews

Family Environment
Receptoionsit (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 22, 2014
I have learned that Norfolk State Staff truly do become your family. A lot of the workers are related or attended NSU. I have learned to truly become a team player and work together with everyone.
Small univerisy but with big potential and unlimited possibility
Research/teaching/lab assistant (Current Employee), 700 Park Ave, Norfolk VA 23504July 17, 2014
As a research assistant, the best part is that I can learn new skills, operate new equipment all the time. We have a very nice and small cleanroom in our building, but with almost everything we need to fabricate good electronic device. The co-workers here are very friendly and helpful. Everybody is working hard to make this department a better place – more... for students. – less
Job Summary
Community Assistance Officer (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good work relationships
Cons: not making enough money
Go to work do my job go home. The hardest part of my job is customers who have had a bad day. The most enjoyable part of my job customer service
Tecnological work place, nice place to work
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 1, 2014
Preparing for classes.
Preparing for labs.
Preparing special class education materials.
Grading,
Good co-workers,
Hands on
Front desk associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 23, 2014
Enjoyed working with my peers, and being ahead of student activities.
Great University
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2014
Norfolk State University is a great school with a very diverse staff as well as very dedicated young professionals. The ACCESS department plays a crucial role in implementing not only students into school but success skills into each and every student.
Outstanding University
Student (Former Employee), NorfolkJune 14, 2014
Pros: graduating in less than 4 years.
Cons: that you can only experience your college years one time.
Morning Classes
I learned about life.
No managers
Classmates with bright futures.
Knowing we would have to leave.
Graduation day
Productive workplace
Front Desk Assistant/ Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 2, 2014
I'd go to work right after class and was able to work and complete my studies. The working environment was clean and very professional. I had my own desk and loved every bit of it.
COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE OFFICER
COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE OFFICER (Current Employee), NORFOLK, VAMay 28, 2014
• Effectively monitoring the front desk and supervise students in the Residential Halls
• Work with the building’s administration to provide a safe and orderly environment, in order that the students and faculty may accomplish their educational goals
• Monitor and retrieve proper identification from residents and their guests regarding visitation privileges
 – more... Assist the Residence Hall Director with the overall development and management of the residence hall including maintenance reports and building updates
• Respond to customer service needs and concerns, resolve issues, answer questions, and clarify policy.
• Assist others university staff and officials with enhancing awareness for the safety and well-being of fellow community members and the physical environment.
• Serve on the emergency and critical incidents team and adhere to University protocol and policy – less
Norfolk State University
Researcher and Customer Care Assistant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 16, 2014
I could not ask for a better school and environment to work in
Amazing learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 16, 2014
A typical work day would be assisting students with disabilities along with those who are international students.
great job done at NORFOLK STATE
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), norfolk, virginiaMay 15, 2014
LECTURERS WERE GREAT. LEARNT A LOT IN SCHOOL. WAS GREAT WORKING WITH STUDENTS AND MENTORING THEM.
Great family environment to work in.
Graduate Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 7, 2014
• Preparing and presenting scouting reports on opposing teams as assigned.
• Facilitated team travel and meal coordination.
• Participated in the national recruitment of potential student athletes via phone calls, emails, and responding to interest questionnaires.
• Organizes team-building activities that encourage team cohesion.
• Assists in the on – more... campus recruitment of potential student athletes.
• Assisted with orchestrating player development workouts designed to improve the skills of guard and post players collectively. – less
Productive environment that takes management
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 16, 2014
Pros: free room and board
Cons: no pay checks
The job as a Resident Advisor is rewarding and allows the meeting of new people. This job requires desk supervision while also managing college students and the avtivity inside he residence halls. Furthermore, it takes community buidling and teamwork with staff.
Working as a graduate assistant at Norfolk State University is a remarkable experince. The management is coordial and readily available to help.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 29, 2014
Working in a 6.5 million worth 100/class 1000 users cleanroom with state of the art machines is amazing to me. I have quality hands-on experience and productive research work.
Good teachers who go the extra mile for their student's academic achievement. The work environment needs improvement.
Instructor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 29, 2014
Typical days include classroom teaching, constant interaction with students and parents, meetings with administrators, and the use of reports to track student progress. Co-workers are great. Everyone is working to improve the school system, its students, and its image. The hardest thing to deal with is that job requirements are constantly in flux and – more... professional development activities consume much of the teacher planning time. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding students in your class who want to learn and put energy into their education. – less
recreational assisant
Recreational Assistant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: working with the kids and see them grow into adults.
Cons: that you can reach all the ones that really need your help.
I work with kids from the ages 5 to 17 and adults 18 to 65 .i have learned patience and how to work along with other co -worker to make sure all home is done and ids are a counted for .the hardest part of my job is dealing with the parents that think there kids do know wrong.the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the kid and see them grown – more... into adults. – less
Research Assistant
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 18, 2014
I had an awesome time working as a research assistant. I loved the prep I had to do for the microbio classes. it was fun
Amazing Student Job
Receptionist- Front Desk Rep (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 17, 2014
Working in the student center was the best way to make money and still have an amazing time with my social life. I was apart of the work study program so I could not have made any better selection.
Higher education is rewarding.
Advanced Medical Coding and Billing Instructor (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 23, 2013
It is very rewarding to share my knowledge and experience with others interested in medical billing and coding. Everyone has special skills and learns learns information in different ways. I really enjoy interactiveness of my students. It is amazing to watch their skills and confidence grow with each class.

1 2 3