Norfolk State University

Norfolk State University Employer Reviews

desk duty
Resident Advisor (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 28, 2015
While working the desk in a residential Hall/Dormitory,I had a chance to learn about different people who visit and live in these dorms. i also leanr and enhanced basic skills like public speaking and costumer service.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Office of Information Technology Student Assistant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 18, 2015
This is a work study job. I have learned how to manage my time and prioritize my work. This job also allows me to be flexible with my nursing work and my schedule
Experience
Disability and International Student Services (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 16, 2015
It gave me experience with disabled students. It also gave me more experience on data entry as well as reception work. I would be the only person in the office sometimes but it never slowed down or failed. I always stayed on top of new information and how to assist the students.
A day in the life of a Dorm Supervisor
Residential Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free room and board, student interaction
Cons: being on-call 24/7
A typical day of work for me is filled with constatnt interaction with my residents. Supervising my staff team to make sure each resident's need is being communicated and responded to. I complete light paperwork, conduct safety and wellness checks on each floor, and keep each resident focused on their academics
Toughest job I ever loved and I learned so much in the process.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: diverse employees, great special events, great learning environment
Working for an academic institution is a tough job. You get to work with diverse groups of people including faculty, staff and students, which gives all employees the best working environment. A typical day involved work on multiple projects including website redesign, the President's Annual Report, the university magazine, special events and ever-present crisis events. I learned how to work with different generations of people and I will be eternally grateful for that experience.
Fun work place
Tutor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 13, 2015
The payroll department had problems at first. they worked hard to fix problems and the people are easy to get along with
Teaching institution; however, functions as research institution.
Training Coordinator/Professor/Recruiter (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 12, 2014
University more focused on research and attain federal grants than assisting teaching professors.
administration needs to be replace with people care about their employee
HR Analyst II (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no room for growth and development
nsu is a state agency of wich budget issues will always be in place. the school has low moral and has been for the pas five years. Once the look back and care about the employees, then things will turn around. NSU has a tendency to burn out good employees and reward those who do not follow policy
Student
Paralegal Certification (Former Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 29, 2014
Student in paralegal studies program.
Internship, and lectures on and off campus.
Group student and individual work stations.
Best Job ever
Theatrical Consultant/Theatrical Director (Former Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 13, 2014
Loved the work and the people I was working for. You really feel like you're making a difference in the culture of the campus.
Dream job
Athletic Training Aide (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: exposure to so much
Cons: had to work in adverse weather conditions.
This was the most exciting work study job ever. Learned so much valuable information.
Fun place to work
Account/Cashier (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 20, 2014
Very professional, lovely people, loved working there.Indeed values your feedback.
When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:

Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Service
grant funded with little guidance from Researcher
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 24, 2014
Cons: lack of supervisory support.
Prepare samples, and solution for growing samples. Care for fish used in the experiment. Sterilize equipment, utilize hoods to limit exposure to gases used in experiments. ordered and maintained the equipment used in the lab.
Library Assistant- Work Study
Work Study Student Worker (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: management and environment
Cons: pay
My typical day at work consist of assist in training new employees, organized periodicals, microfilms, and reference books in their proper area, assist people at the Information Service Desk, and answered incoming calls and directed them to the employees’ desks. My co-workers were really cool. We all went to the university and were taking up different degrees. I loved this job because I became familiar with many of the professors at the university. Also, I made a good number of friends while working at the library. This is the first job where I had to get out of my shy zone. It really help me become outgoing.
This was a prodctive, highly charged position.
Administrative Office Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: freedom to carryout the work assigned, able to work with various departments and the chair of each.
Cons: sometimes last minute details that must be taken care of within a limited time frame.
Atypical day at work involved interacting with the students, making sure that they were timely in thre tests for state boards and answering any questons that they might have. I also was involved with the publishing of nay matrial that pertained to their program. Assisted the Director in achieving her daily goals. I was very involved with the day to day workings of this position and had a lot of contact with various state departments as it related to the department
I attended NSU for nursing school
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great clinical exposure, teachers, and uniforms.
Cons: time schedule.
I enjoyed my time in the program because I had teachers who really cared about me. The clinical experience was very rewarding and I learn a lot from it.
Easy going fun place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free food, flexible schedule
Cons: short business hours
Very educational,
Kind Supervisor
Fun co-workers
Free food at events
Inspiring Place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk Virginia 23504August 26, 2014
Working at the Women's Economic Development Center was truly a place where I can say I made a difference in people's lives. At the Women's Economic Development Center, we had three main goals. Those goals were to better women through entrepreneurship, education and technology. One of my major responsibilities were to conduct interviews and give scholarships to the most deserving candidates.
Learning Experience
Center for Materials Research (Former Employee), Norfolk , VAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: meet new people.
Cons: seasonal job lasted for 4 weeks.
Norfolk State University Center for Materials Research was a very helpful program. It helped me to recognize all the different type of science degrees I can go into. This program was mostly a learning experience they paid us to conduct experiments for them closing with a hypothesis.
There is room for growth with this company
Student Resource Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is the fulfillment of helping one another

1 2 3 4 5