Norgren Employee Reviews

So far the best work experience I have had
Machinist, Injection Molding Operator, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CoSeptember 3, 2015
Like all companies there were some characters but on the whole from the leadership on down Norgren was a good place to work with lots of opportunity to move around and develop. When I was let go from Norgren’s leadership committed itself to moving the production side to Mexico. From what I have heard and seen it has not recovered form that choice still.
Pros
Reasonable compensation, movement and training opportunities, mostly a positive friendly culture
Cons
Few job opportunities
Good people poorly managed
Warehosue Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Litteton. Co.May 27, 2015
Norgren is working off a 25 year old system called MK and is just now updating to JD Edwards. Most of the people are hard working but there is a giant gap in the communication from upper management to middle management and lower. Directives were sent down without any instruction or clue on how to achieve those directives. It's just a very poorly run place.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Terrible communication from upper management.
They still can't seem to get it right
Paint Booth Operator and deburrer. (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 18, 2015
It was funny to read these reviews. I worked for Norgren's back in the 1980's. At that time they were purchased by a Japanese company. They were supposedly going to fix all the problems in the production facility in Littleton, Colorado.

Obviously they've gone through a few owners over the years, and they still seem to have the same issues.

All I remember is that I was treated like a number and seemed to get no respect from management at all, it was frustrating to work for this company. I would think twice about working here if I were you!
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
You feel like a slave
Very poor company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las vegasMarch 28, 2015
Company has extremely high turn over rates so you're never not training new people. This is a huge drain on your time and energy.

The type of degree you have is much more important then the skills and abilities you have. This division needs more attention from corporate to help it succeed, if thats possible.

The hardest part of the job is no support from management. Short term thinking

Ask a lot of questions during your interview

Read all the Other reviews they tell the picture
Pros
60 - 80 hr work week
Cons
very expensive heath care, below area pay
The worst place I have ever worked
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  U.S.February 14, 2015
This was the worst company I have ever worked at in my entire career. Terrible Supply Chain team that requires ridiculous monthly reports. The supply chain team in Mexico is incompetent and dictates your supply base for U.S. Based sites. I have never seen such a broken supply chain. I left after a brief stint and would highly recommend people to read reviews prior to applying for a job at Norgren. They are now fully merging with their British parent company which sounds like a train wreck coming. The British parent made us take standardized tests that made no sense at all. One was a spacial test on how you adapt to situations. This was a joke and I new at that point this company was not for me. The location I worked at constantly blamed Supply Chain for everything and threw people under the bus that included me as well. Everyone seemed miserable at my location and I am not sure why anyone would put up with this nonsense.
Cons
everything
the worst company i ever worked for
cnc machinist (Former Employee) –  Brookville, OHJanuary 29, 2015
norgen in Brookville was the worst company i ever worked for in my life they layed off all the good supervisors that keep and promoted the most none productive trouble starting person ive ever seen the worst management ive ever seen they dont care about thier employees at all HR is the worst
Pros
nothing
Cons
hr and management
Very challenging and exiting place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 11, 2014
Working for Norgren was a great experience of learning new air pressure leak testing methodology
Pros
excellent training
Cons
nothing
Company with new leadership
HSE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brookville, OHNovember 8, 2014
Norgren is a great company to work for. There is room for advancement if you seek it out. The management team at this location is brand new and seems to be very strong. Many employees have worked for the company for 20+ years. Change is not seen favorably by the employees. Everyone is very friendly though, and you couldn't ask for better coworkers. The hardest part of my job is implementing change. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with employees to uncover problem areas that need to be worked on.
Pros
flexibility to work independently.
Cons
location of facility.
Applying for a Norgren Company in Michigan? PLEASE READ
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIMay 20, 2014
If you are considering a career at Norgren in Michigan think twice.

While most people are great, the management team especially HR management is terrible.

Hours are long and toward then end of each month you can expect to work over time salary or not.

Norgren has certain dollar amounts that are set each month and with the poor planning in jobs this just leaves most departments struggling to pull parts in and get jobs/parts out on time. Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Shipping all suffer at the end of each month.

There is no structure or training when you come on board; it's basically a sink or swim situation.

HR management states they are there for you however this is not true. When you try to speak to them about work issues or problems with coworkers you are made to be the issue. It's sad and unfortunate that the one department you should be able to count on you cannot. This is only true for HR management. The assistants are fantastic.

The Supply Chain management is also terrible. There is no support and you can ask for better training or resources to do your job efficiently until you are blue in the face however when you don't receive that support and things go down hill you are blamed.

I enjoyed my job but towards the end with the lack of support and the unwillingness to see that the department was struggling it was time to go. I left my job due to poor HR and Supply Chain management.

I took pride in my job and most of the people I worked with were fantastic. However when you don't have the support you need from upper management or the HR department to see that a manager
  more... is not a good fit and causes 3 people to leave within a month something is wrong.

Also HR management is never forthcoming with internal job postings. If applying for a position you should be informed of all the specifics such as salary etc. while you are going through the interview process NOT after. The incompetence of this department never ceases to amaze the employees and unfortunately it is always a running joke.

It's a shame that this company allows good people to leave. People really do care about doing their jobs well but unfortunately this company does not care. They should really think twice before they let another asset walk out the door in the future.
Pros
most employees are great to work with
Cons
benefits, salary, and lack of respect within departments
Gained valuable administrative skills
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work would be going through mail, dispursing appropriately. Travel arrangements. Scanning and dropping documents in folders. Check runs. Correspondence through mail and email. Setting up meetings and such in Outlook. Phones. Ensuring boardrooms are clean and setting up catering. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers, meeting and greeting.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
management
Been a great place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 9, 2014
I worked at Norgren, in Colorado, for 5 years. During that time the company went through some pretty strong ups and downs, along with all the other companies in our sector. During the highs there were lots of opportunities for career growth and during the lows the company seemed to do everything possible to take care of it's employees and not cut jobs.
Pros
opportunities for career advancement and a work-life balance
Cons
strong focus on short term profit numbers - but what public company doesn't
Great company to work they gave me lots of freedom to make my way threw the company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 5, 2014
Freedom to do what I need to get the customers needs and support.
Pros
freedom at my postion to make my customers very happy.
Cons
no time to my self.
magic numbers
inventory controller (Former Employee) –  louisville kyMarch 31, 2014
magic number to reach every month. employees don't know how many hours each day they will work. ERP is ancient. preach "teamwork" but really want you to push things out the door and not fix things. culture of safety is code word for watch your back because they will randomly apply the rules when applicable.
Wonderful Place to Work
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMarch 14, 2014
NAS is the best place I've worked thus far in my career. The management team members are there to help you learn and to train you for success. The co-workers are friendly and upbeat. All in all, it's got a great workplace environment. There are plenty of opportunities to advance your career.
The negative reviews you see here are completely wrong. This is a great place to work!
One of the worst compaines you could ever work for!
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Norgren, MIJanuary 26, 2014
The bottom line is this is a terrible company to work for. Employees are not valued, and turnover is ridiculous. The management team is incoherent, and HR is 100% corporate. I could literally write a book about everything wrong with NAS, but at this point I would imagine you get the hint. For your sake I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere for employment.
Cons
turnover, bad health care, poor management
One of the best
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 28, 2013
Friendly and casual environment with a good balance of tasks to stay busy on a daily basis.
Working for Norgren- A year of my life I wish I could get back!
Sales (Former Employee) –  LittletonMay 10, 2013
Where do I begin?

If you are the type of person that enjoys being under paid and over worked with zero recognition from anyone, then this is the perfect company for you.

The reason these jobs are available in both IT and Sales is:

1. Almost the entire IT department has resigned and found gainful employement in various companies in the Denver area.

Why? Can you blame them for getting off the ship before it sank? Another huge loss of talented hard working people. You talk about a depressing department, its like working in a funeral home.

*If you interview ask them how all of these positions became available? Um uh....

2. Sales- Perfect sales job if you like no commissions or bonus.Make no mistake, you are working for a base salary ONLY at Norgren in sales. Your quota is so high, you have a better chance of winning the lottery than hitting it.

The highest turnover position in the company. Why? Poor culture, little balance, directives from managment change weekly. The micro-management is unbearable. The industry is in a decline. The customers absolutely cant stand Norgren due to quality and NON-delivery issues. You spend 40% of your time with very upset customers. Who has time for selling?

The best part of the job would, let me think, probably the co-workers, but since its a revolving door its difficult to get to know anyone. But as they say misery loves company. These are my opinions, I would encourage you to talk to current and former employees to get feedback.
Pros
listening to the president babble in town hall meetings
Cons
too many to list see above for the short list
Poor Corporate Structure and not associate friendly
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 31, 2013
VP of operations wants to run the DC. So much turnover due to corporate greed and inefficient supply chain. The facility won't succeed until they support the DC with tools, training and procedures.
Looking to upgrade my experiences
Materials Techicians (Current Employee) –  Brookville, OHMay 9, 2012
I serve many responsiblies in my positions, I have many different roles. Learned how to multi-task and the hardest part of the job is the hours.
Pros
consistant work
Cons
management team