Norgren

Norgren Employer Reviews

Gained valuable administrative skills
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Farmington, CTMay 15, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Cons: management
A typical day at work would be going through mail, dispursing appropriately. Travel arrangements. Scanning and dropping documents in folders. Check runs. Correspondence through mail and email. Setting up meetings and such in Outlook. Phones. Ensuring boardrooms are clean and setting up catering. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the – more... customers, meeting and greeting. – less
Been a great place to work
Marketing (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 9, 2014
Pros: opportunities for career advancement and a work-life balance
Cons: strong focus on short term profit numbers - but what public company doesn't
I worked at Norgren, in Colorado, for 5 years. During that time the company went through some pretty strong ups and downs, along with all the other companies in our sector. During the highs there were lots of opportunities for career growth and during the lows the company seemed to do everything possible to take care of it's employees and not cut jobs.
Great company to work they gave me lots of freedom to make my way threw the company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: freedom at my postion to make my customers very happy.
Cons: no time to my self.
Freedom to do what I need to get the customers needs and support.
magic numbers
inventory controller (Former Employee), louisville kyMarch 31, 2014
magic number to reach every month. employees don't know how many hours each day they will work. ERP is ancient. preach "teamwork" but really want you to push things out the door and not fix things. culture of safety is code word for watch your back because they will randomly apply the rules when applicable.
Wonderful Place to Work
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIMarch 14, 2014
NAS is the best place I've worked thus far in my career. The management team members are there to help you learn and to train you for success. The co-workers are friendly and upbeat. All in all, it's got a great workplace environment. There are plenty of opportunities to advance your career.
The negative reviews you see here are completely wrong. This – more... is a great place to work! – less
One of the worst compaines you could ever work for!
Supply Chain (Current Employee), Norgren, MIJanuary 26, 2014
Cons: turnover, bad health care, poor management
The bottom line is this is a terrible company to work for. Employees are not valued, and turnover is ridiculous. The management team is incoherent, and HR is 100% corporate. I could literally write a book about everything wrong with NAS, but at this point I would imagine you get the hint. For your sake I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere for – more... employment. – less
One of the best
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Farmington, CTSeptember 28, 2013
Friendly and casual environment with a good balance of tasks to stay busy on a daily basis.
Working for Norgren- A year of my life I wish I could get back!
Sales (Former Employee), LittletonMay 10, 2013
Pros: listening to the president babble in town hall meetings
Cons: too many to list see above for the short list
Where do I begin?

If you are the type of person that enjoys being under paid and over worked with zero recognition from anyone, then this is the perfect company for you.

The reason these jobs are available in both IT and Sales is:

1. Almost the entire IT department has resigned and found gainful employement in various companies in the Denver area.

Why? – more... Can you blame them for getting off the ship before it sank? Another huge loss of talented hard working people. You talk about a depressing department, its like working in a funeral home.

*If you interview ask them how all of these positions became available? Um uh....

2. Sales- Perfect sales job if you like no commissions or bonus.Make no mistake, you are working for a base salary ONLY at Norgren in sales. Your quota is so high, you have a better chance of winning the lottery than hitting it.

The highest turnover position in the company. Why? Poor culture, little balance, directives from managment change weekly. The micro-management is unbearable. The industry is in a decline. The customers absolutely cant stand Norgren due to quality and NON-delivery issues. You spend 40% of your time with very upset customers. Who has time for selling?

The best part of the job would, let me think, probably the co-workers, but since its a revolving door its difficult to get to know anyone. But as they say misery loves company. These are my opinions, I would encourage you to talk to current and former employees to get feedback. – less
Poor Corporate Structure and not associate friendly
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 31, 2013
VP of operations wants to run the DC. So much turnover due to corporate greed and inefficient supply chain. The facility won't succeed until they support the DC with tools, training and procedures.
Looking to upgrade my experiences
Materials Techicians (Current Employee), Brookville, OHMay 9, 2012
Pros: consistant work
Cons: management team
I serve many responsiblies in my positions, I have many different roles. Learned how to multi-task and the hardest part of the job is the hours.
Hardworking fun workplace
Assembly Operative (Current Employee), Lichfield, ENGAugust 5, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: hardwork
Working at Norgren its a new challenge everyday but I have gained experience on new machinery everyday the people there are nice and easy to get along with
Night Sift
Team Leader (Former Employee), ENGLANDAugust 30, 2013
This was my first Job
My supervisors had a lot of faith in me and trusted me with running the night sift.
I reported everything before handing over to the day sift.
Exsporting Goods and making the company grow was nice nowing that your superiors always giving you that acknowledgement.
I have learn a lot and gain a lot of exsperience while working for – more... Norgren. I also no how to work with people in a team, and how to manage them. – less
good work place
storeman (Former Employee), lichfieldFebruary 6, 2013
worked as a team picking and putting stock away.
got along with the management and co workers
i adapted well the process changes
hardest part of the job was the manual labour
the most enjoyable part of the job gaining the confidence to work alone and the prioritise my own work based on business needs
my last job
Assembler (Former Employee), Lichfield - staffsJune 18, 2012
i had a good day at work learning new skills and when i knew what to do i was comfortable with day to day tasks.
Management was helpful.
Co-workers were friendly.
No really difflicult tasks.
i Enjoyed my job.
Ambiente de trabajo agradable, con gente muy capacitada en diferentes puestos.
Practicante de Logistica de Materiales (Former Employee), Santa Rosa de Jáuregui, QUEAugust 23, 2013
Pros: puedes aprender bastante.
Cons: no habia oportunidad laboral en ese momento.
Mas que nada , en esta labor aprendi que la mayoria de las personas te hacen caso por la humildad que puedas demostrar, de ahí generas empatia y lo mas importante AUTORIDAD.

About Norgren

No new online chat lingo, IMI is short for Imperial Metal Industries. Of its five business segments, the largest is Fluid Power; – Read more