The objective of the Multimedia Designer and Production Artist is to design, create, and produce materials that support Noria's training and marketing services both internally and externally.
Utilizes a variety of video production tools, photographic tools, and PC based software packages to create, design, and produce sales and marketing materials, videos, DVD's, logos, web graphics, sales presentation tools, tradeshow graphics, e-learning courses, and more.
Organizes and edits multimedia information from complex, unorganized information or video clips into an engaging, clear, concise, interactive, and effective end story (i.e. transforming hours of raw video into a short, coherent promotional video or marketing product).
Actively participates in a team based creative process to create tutorials, videos, user pathways, navigational templates, reference materials, audio and video scripts, story boards, navigational text, and training tests.
Confers openly with team members and departmental customers (both internally and externally) in order to give proper consideration to customer requirements and produce timely deliverables that meet or exceed expectations within the defined project scope.
Keeps track of work-flow and customer deadlines applying intensive and diversified knowledge in broad areas of assignments which demand a high level of creativity and imagination.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge of video pre and post production.
o Required knowledge: story boarding, scene framing, studio lighting, DV video recorder, advanced video editing skills, video logo and special effects creation, DVD menu / navigation creation, and experience with selecting appropriate music.
o Preferred knowledge: production scheduling, audio recording/manipulation, background manipulation (i.e. green screen keying), and DSLR camera operation.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge of multiple graphics and video programs to create manipulate and animate sequences as well as create exciting visual effects.
o Required software knowledge: Premiere CS6, After Effects CS6, Photoshop CS6, and MS Office products.
o Preferred software knowledge: InDesign CS6, Illustrator CS6, Flash.
- Professional drawing / illustration experience is preferred.
- Experience with advertising and/or brochure design and lay-out is preferred.
- Experience creating animated banner ads is preferred.
- Ability to work exclusively in a PC environment.
- Physical requirements of this position can include but are not limited to: the ability to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance, moving objects in a general office setting, moving objects in a video / photography studio setting, standing, climbing, bending, and other repetitive motions.
- Required use of office equipment can include but is not limited to: copier, shredder, scanner, phone, mouse, keyboard, computer, and multi-function printers.
- Required use and proficiency with specialized video production and multimedia devices can include but is not limited to: DSLR digital camera, DV video camera, steady cam equipment, tripods, studio lighting, backdrops (including green screen), and various types of audio recording equipment.
- Use of specialized equipment such as: touch screen input screens, smart board, presentation projection equipment, and graphics drawing tablets is preferred but not required.
- Must have the ability to submit an original portfolio upon application that demonstrates the depth and breadth of work completed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in professional design role in addition to a bachelors or associates degree from an accredited university or technical school is required.
- 5 years of experience in a professional design role may be substituted for a higher degree.