Norman Regional Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Was a very happy employee for over 5 years until my educational advancement became inconvenient to a new manager.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  SameJuly 12, 2015
I was asked to choose between my job and my masters degree program by a new manager, just over the half way point in a semester that cost me $6,000 to take. I chose to continue my education, and tendered my resignation.
Pros
Discounts at the scrub shop.
Cons
Very negative work atmosphere. Poor community opinion of the healthcare provider in general.
Co-workers are the best part of the job. Lively and interested in promoting health.
Health Promotion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 16, 2014
I like my job at Norman Regional, but am unable to advance beyond my current position. I want to stretch myself, as I have been in the same position for 8 years. I want to move from Oklahoma to a more progressive state in the arena of health care. Health promotion, wellness and prevention are areas that excite and energize me.
A typical day is spent seeing inpatients dependent upon tobacco products, talking with employee or community members who call my for support with quit efforts, possibly giving a talk to students at the local university or college about various aspects of tobacco dependency. I work with our wellness committee and took on the task of ordering and providing medela wipes to lactation rooms of our facilities for the comfort of patients and staff. I also volunteer as interium chair for Tobacco Free Cleveland County Coalition. I have learned that each person has something unique to offer when working on projects together, and how to blend our skills. I have learned to look for alternatives when "Plan A" doesn't work as expected. The hardest part of my job is seeing the disease and illness overcome patients I have come to know over the years. The most enjoyable part of the job is discovering new information that leads to better ways to accomplish goals.
Pros
flexible schedule, supportive director, amazing co-workers
Cons
difficult to educate staff and physicians about new concepts in care.
Community-owned hospital
Generalist in areas (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 10, 2013
Norman Regional Health System includes two hospitals in the Norman, OK area. It is currently operating as a community-owned hospital. The people are great and the facilities are well-maintained.
Growing health system
Cancer Registrar (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 30, 2013
Health System continues to expand. Decent benifits, local business discounts.
Depends what dept. you work in..
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 18, 2012
If your supervisor dislikes you, you are gone and nobody cares. Politics are paramount. If you're a good brown-noser, you may actually keep your job. If not, you are fired with a made-up excuse and can never be re-hired for any position. Don't mean to sound critical but, this is the truth.
Pros
pays okay.
Cons
too many chiefs, not enough indians.

2.7