Norman Regional Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company to work for
Medical Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 23, 2016
I worked for Norman Regional for 3 short months, The management was great, Very proficient, and the majority of my coworkers were team players, and were always willing to help each other out. I however had one coworker that had seniority that was difficult to work with and constantly criticized other employees. It was so terrible that the two girls that held that position before me left. this particular coworker was never rude or inconsiderate in front of our manager, so she had no idea how she really was.
Pros
coworkers were team players
if you have a brain, then your a threat to management
transporter (Former Employee) –  healthplexDecember 30, 2015
The job is fairly rutine if your familiar with a hospital setting. But any attempt to make things more efficient and run smoother will be met with combative behavior by management. This hospital is continuously takings away from the employees , but maintains the dream of being a 5 star hospital. Employees are the lowest paid in the area if not the state . I guess they want everyone to be happy with the looks of the hospital instead of being proud of the place they work. Completely disappointed with the organizational skills lack of managerial leadership and integrity.
Pros
helping people
Cons
management
MSO department was very good departmet to work for.
Record Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 7, 2016
I looked forward to going into work everyday. I did Urgent Care billing, made sure the clinics balanced everyday, did reports, answered patient calls, entered charges, dx codes and cpt codes.
Filed my claims and post insurance and patient payments. I worked my denials and any other mail. In 2008 we went on eClinical so I started doing Family Medicine, Pediatric and Internal Medicine as well as Urgent Care.
Pros
The department ran smoothly because of the Director and management.
Cons
Norman Regional Hospital outsourced our department in 2009 which was very devastating.
Ok
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 6, 2016
Great people to work with. Upper management only cares about the bottom line. Budget was cut so lost my job even though were told "main lab will take us on" not true. I am STILL looking for a job :-(. Have put in several apps in other departments no one calls. 20 years of phlebotomy! Miss the people I worked with they were the best.
Pros
fun laid back atmosphere, people.
Cons
management
Good work environment and fellow coworkers were awesome
Floor Tech, promoted to lead Tech and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 20, 2016
The hospital was a nice place to work, with management along with my fellow coworkers. Just needed to change jobs due to another place with better income.
Tight knit family of employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 1, 2015
management at facility overall worked with employees. Fun place to work. Disappointed in the turn over rate with aides.
Nice Edcuation Center
Certified Childbirth Educator, ICEA Certified (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 23, 2016
They had up to date Equipment to do the job well. Enjoyed working there. This was the best parttime job I every had. Could set my own schedule.
Productive workplace. Family and community oriented.
Clerk Registar II (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 19, 2015
Process lab results for technical staff. Count and document specimens. Register patients, update billing and insurance information. Verify insurance, deliver results to authorized medical staff. I learned that HIPPA regulations are to be followed, establishing a rapport with customers is valuable. Management was excellent. The team included each and every staff member in all departments, from the Doctors to the Janitorial Staff. All were like minded! The hardest part of the the job was when the computers were down, the customers may have been delayed. The best part of the job was learning something new everyday, especially pertaining to Insurance coverage.
Pros
free sales rep lunches, great benefits, great company to work with.
Cons
sometimes the computers would go down and the customer would be delayed.
Productive and efficient work place.
Food Nutrition Services 1 (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 14, 2014
My job at NRH was to help fill the orders of the patients and carrying all of the food to the patient's designated floors. I learned a lot about how to keep a very clean and efficient work place. The management was absolutely superb and knew what they were doing.
I got along with all my co workers and enjoyed my job. The hardest part was getting the hang of my job at first because it was so fast paced, but when I got the hang of it it became easy. The most enjoyable part about my job was that I had an awesome time there and got along with my coworkers really well.
Pros
free lunhes, amazing benefits, co workers, and pay.
Cons
wearing a hair net.
Nrh
RRT (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 12, 2016
Loved my job there. People were pretty nice. Doctor could be a tad bit more friendly. ICU and ER people were very well skilled and I felt comfortable.
Busy floor but have many fellow employees that are willing to be team players.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 12, 2012
I work on a very busy, fast paced floor at Norman Regional Hospital. There have been a lot of changes in a short amount of time that has been very overwhelming. There have been several of my co-workers leave to find better jobs. The floor that I work on has a collective group or patients from Bariatric Surgical patients, Orthopedica traumatic injury patients, Cardiac Telemetry patients, to Physcological patients. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep up with all of the demands from everyone, but at the end of the day it all gets taken care of. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference someones life.
Pros
yearly raises, gainsharing bonuses
Cons
hard to get a lunch break, many changes happening at once.
I loved helping people
Community Educator (Current Employee) –  Inspirations of NormanMarch 31, 2015
My issue wasn't so much Norman Regional, but the corporate office who controls our office.

I love my current supervisor and cannot imagine having a new one. We have worked endless hours making our clinic the best we can.

Our number one concern is the care of our patients. We are a team and it takes like-minded people to work well together.

I loved meeting new people and watching them progress and make new friends, and ultimately letting them know they are cared for.
Pros
Helping people is our number one goal and the most satisying aspect of this job.
Cons
Our insurance, provided by our corporate office, wasn't great. And they don't offer 401K.
fun and productive workplace
Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 17, 2015
Great place to work. Great benefits and good people to work with. many opportunities for advancement. Hardest part was the oncall but the pay is good!
Pros
ptos
Cons
none i can think of
Compassionate and caring staff!!!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 3, 2015
I have enjoyed and currently enjoy working at NRH. My co-workers are what have kept me at my job for 15 years.I enjoy taking care of my patients and being an advocate for their care.
Pros
Fellow staff members
Cons
Not enough staff for growing clinic
I loved working here
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 6, 2015
A typical work day consist of cleaning office areas, patient care, and cleaning discharged patient rooms. I learned a lot about teamwork and how to be dependable and the management was wonderful. I love and still stay in contact with most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to patients then them passing or getting better and going home. I most enjoyed all the people I got to know and the great memories we made together.
Pros
friendly people.
Cons
the management did not handel employee problems very well.
Generally an overall wholesome place.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 4, 2013
Management is absolutely terrible. They lack any common knowledge and will punish you for doing your job any way other than they want it. Even if your way is better and more efficient. The day to day will crush any joy you have. They will promise advancement, but will never allow you to move up.
Fast paced; staff friendly and helpful.
Ambulatory Care RN (Former Employee) –  P.O. Box 1308 Norman, Ok. 73070 (on Porter)August 16, 2012
Arrived early making sure the unit was set up and ready for the day. Received first assignments, assessed those patients and make sure all orders were carried out, ie. lab, IV placement, etc. Called MD when necessary as problems cropped up. I learned how to get patients' ready for eye surgery (laser) and how to care for them when they returned. I also learned quite alot about peds patients. Management was just okay. Co-workers were very helpful and willing to teach when needed. The hardest part of job was being on call at night and having to work the next morning a full 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable part was learning a new area and keeping my clinical skills sharp.
Pros
fun staff, fast paced; placed numerous ivs, foley's, ngs, etc.
Cons
working a 12 hour shift after being called out in the middle of the night.
Tried to be to strict and frustrating
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 24, 2013
Working in housekeeping in the hospital is a very important job. I was in control of the trash and hazardous materials disposal. It always felt as if you had to watch what you were doing and saying around everyone single person. What I learned from this job experience is to be cautious of co-workers and management in places because they will turn on you. There wasn't anything really hard about the job it was a very simple job that I took pride in making sure I did everything that I could to the best of my ability.
Cons
worked with trash, co=workers, it felt like high school
Good place to work goood Benefits.
Pationt Transporter (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 10, 2012
i dont believe that they are fare to all employes.im not the only one whom should have been fired .THE whole staff helped me to get the patinet ready for xray including looking at the orders for it .I loved working here was really let down by them fireing me the way they did so un fair
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
not fair to all!!!
Great environment
Clerk Registrar (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 6, 2014
It a great place, to work. Pleasant people and also family and community oriented. Hardest job is the volume of patients that you personally register and having a vast knowledge on how to correct situations in other departments and getting it done in a timely matter all at the same time. Most of the staff believe in team work, so it takes a little bit of the edge off.
Pros
evironment
Cons
constantly busy (although not really a con)

Norman Regional Reviews by Location