Norman Regional

Norman Regional United States Employee Reviews

fun and productive workplace
Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee), Norman, OKFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: ptos
Cons: none i can think of
Great place to work. Great benefits and good people to work with. many opportunities for advancement. Hardest part was the oncall but the pay is good!
Productive workplace. Family and community oriented.
Clerk Registar II (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free sales rep lunches, great benefits, great company to work with.
Cons: sometimes the computers would go down and the customer would be delayed.
Process lab results for technical staff. Count and document specimens. Register patients, update billing and insurance information. Verify insurance, deliver results to authorized medical staff. I learned that HIPPA regulations are to be followed, establishing a rapport with customers is valuable. Management was excellent. The team included each and every staff member in all departments, from the Doctors to the Janitorial Staff. All were like minded! The hardest part of the the job was when the computers were down, the customers may have been delayed. The best part of the job was learning something new everyday, especially pertaining to Insurance coverage.
Productive Team Oriented Clinic
Work as an LPN primarily for Dr. Michael Villano (Current Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: working with an amazing doctor and coworkers
Cons: short lunches, very little flexibility
This is a great company to work with, they are willing to give everyone a chance.
I loved working here
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: friendly people.
Cons: the management did not handel employee problems very well.
A typical work day consist of cleaning office areas, patient care, and cleaning discharged patient rooms. I learned a lot about teamwork and how to be dependable and the management was wonderful. I love and still stay in contact with most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to patients then them passing or getting better and going home. I most enjoyed all the people I got to know and the great memories we made together.
Fast pace, high energy facility that gave me a strong foundation in my nursing career.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Norman, OKNovember 24, 2014
Pros: varity of skills and procedures used daily
Cons: having to work many holidays
I started on the stroke unit at Norman Regional Hospital where I cared for up to 5 high acuity patients a day. I was responsible for managing medications, procedures depending on their needs and orders. I communicated with physicians and pharmacists regards patient needs and delegated care with ancillary staff. I read telemetry, drew labs, cared for central lines, PICC lines, changed and started IVs daily. I floated to other units when census was low and when other units were in need. When I changed to the Women and Children's unit I cared for infants from birth to 18 years and obstetrical and gynecological surgeries. I cared for antepartum, postpartum and fetal demise. A typical day would be have a combination of pediatric clients, post-operation and postpartum mom whose baby was in the NICU. I loved working with the pediatrics because they are so positive and excited about recovery but it was also very difficult in caring for infants who where in pain if there was limited care to be given. Norman Regional Hospital gave me a the opportunity to learn how to care for a large variety of patients and enhanced my nursing knowledge and skills. I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to be apart of the team.
Great environment
Clerk Registrar (Current Employee), Norman, OKNovember 6, 2014
Pros: evironment
Cons: constantly busy (although not really a con)
It a great place, to work. Pleasant people and also family and community oriented. Hardest job is the volume of patients that you personally register and having a vast knowledge on how to correct situations in other departments and getting it done in a timely matter all at the same time. Most of the staff believe in team work, so it takes a little bit of the edge off.
Productive and efficient work place.
Food Nutrition Services 1 (Former Employee), Norman, OKOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free lunhes, amazing benefits, co workers, and pay.
Cons: wearing a hair net.
My job at NRH was to help fill the orders of the patients and carrying all of the food to the patient's designated floors. I learned a lot about how to keep a very clean and efficient work place. The management was absolutely superb and knew what they were doing.
I got along with all my co workers and enjoyed my job. The hardest part was getting the hang of my job at first because it was so fast paced, but when I got the hang of it it became easy. The most enjoyable part about my job was that I had an awesome time there and got along with my coworkers really well.
Community Atmosphere
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Norman, OKOctober 14, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: pay
Staff is helpful and enjoyable for the most part.
Days are usually busy which helps time go by quickly.
Great Job
N Porter (Former Employee), Norman, OKMay 17, 2014
Love working here. Love my co-workers. Wish I was on day shift
Good workplace
Nurse Extern (Former Employee), Norman, OKMarch 24, 2014
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: short breaks, plenty of overtime
I started my nursing internship there and then got offered a job. I had to move so I could not take the job. The team I worked with was excellent. We all had great team work and ethics.
Tried to be to strict and frustrating
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Norman, OKNovember 24, 2013
Cons: worked with trash, co=workers, it felt like high school
Working in housekeeping in the hospital is a very important job. I was in control of the trash and hazardous materials disposal. It always felt as if you had to watch what you were doing and saying around everyone single person. What I learned from this job experience is to be cautious of co-workers and management in places because they will turn on you. There wasn't anything really hard about the job it was a very simple job that I took pride in making sure I did everything that I could to the best of my ability.
Not a fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Norman, OKSeptember 13, 2013
There were too many "favorites" in the department and not being one of them made my schedule difficult.
Great place to work and be part of a team.
CT Technologist/Radiographer (Former Employee), Moore, OKSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good pay, great people.
Cons: moore medical center had some very old equipment.
I felt very welcomed and equal to my coworkers here. I really enjoyed working for Norman Regional at all 3 campuses.
Generally an overall wholesome place.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Norman, OKSeptember 4, 2013
Management is absolutely terrible. They lack any common knowledge and will punish you for doing your job any way other than they want it. Even if your way is better and more efficient. The day to day will crush any joy you have. They will promise advancement, but will never allow you to move up.
Pharmacy Technican
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Norman OklahomaMarch 6, 2013
It was a very rewarding when I worked there 14 years ago. I know the hospital has changed al lot since then.
productive enviroment
BSW Internship (Former Employee), Norman, OKDecember 30, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: people
medical social worker great people great coworkers, learned alot
Enjoyable
Registration Clerk/ Insurance Verifier/ Scheduler (Former Employee), Norman, OKOctober 29, 2012
Pros: positive workplace. functional workspaces
Cons: per diem hours
Data Entry
Customer Service
Insurance Verification
Scheduling
fun workplace
Registrar Clerk Lab (Former Employee), Norman, OKOctober 22, 2012
NOrman regional is a great work place to get your foot into and expand within the hospital.
Busy floor but have many fellow employees that are willing to be team players.
LPN (Current Employee), Norman, OKOctober 12, 2012
Pros: yearly raises, gainsharing bonuses
Cons: hard to get a lunch break, many changes happening at once.
I work on a very busy, fast paced floor at Norman Regional Hospital. There have been a lot of changes in a short amount of time that has been very overwhelming. There have been several of my co-workers leave to find better jobs. The floor that I work on has a collective group or patients from Bariatric Surgical patients, Orthopedica traumatic injury patients, Cardiac Telemetry patients, to Physcological patients. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep up with all of the demands from everyone, but at the end of the day it all gets taken care of. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference someones life.
Good and friendly environment to work
Phlebotomist/Central Processor (Current Employee), Norman, OKOctober 3, 2012
Pros: friendly peopl
Cons: pay
The most enjoyable part of my day is making my patients smile. I am a team player and enjoy everyone I work with.