Norman Regional Employee Reviews

The worst.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 24, 2017
The management was sad. They treat you like you're just a number. They don't care about you, or the customers. The cashiers NEVER cleaned the tea urns and they look discusting and had gnats flying out of them. The pay sucks as well.
Benefits
Cons
Management, cafeteria cashiers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 21, 2017
I have learned a lot from this job. Very friendly, compassionate, and understand people. Everyday life in the hospital, nurses and doctors are friendly to you. It's not like its required to do, it because they want to. They are willing to help you. Not many jobs are not like. One thing, I will definitely miss is working with them.
Great Job
Phlebotomy Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 2, 2017
I worked for Regional for 3 years at both hospitals, I would work where I was needed and I worked all shifts. The people where great and I got along great with all my co-workers and boss. I left due to a better money opportunity.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 27, 2017
As a new therapist I was able to get my career off to a good start and learn a lot to allow advancement at other hospitals. Norman is a nice city to live in.
Very faced paced,friendly and helpful staff.
PHLEBOTOMIST/CLERK (Current Employee) –  901 N.Portor Ave,Norman,OK 73071June 10, 2017
Very faces paced but at times relaxing, friendly and helpful staff ,management busy,hardest part of the job is morning run,easiest part of the job after morning run,learned clerical duties
Pros
Seeing patients from all different walks of life, friendley and helpful staff.
Cons
Need more staff.
good experience and work environment
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 28, 2017
I learned a lot about healthcare here. My co-workers and I always got along and I never had any problems with supervisors. Good place to work and I would work here again in the future.
Stay busy so time goes by fast
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 7, 2017
Wouldn't be so bad if we could keep a full staff. We're always short staffed and puts more work on the rest of us. Management doesn't really show any appreciation. They need to pay more.
Pros
I like my co-workers, during Christmas time they help families in need
Cons
they track every single move we make, only wear purple scrubs
Good place to work at back in the day.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 26, 2017
When I worked there I loved it. New nurse, starting out, I had excellent training and felt the management listened to us. I haven't worked there for more than 5 years and I hear it has changed. At the time I left, it was because they phased out the flex nurse program. I believe they brought it back, but by then I was working somewhere else.
This company is great to workk for
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ortho-SpineApril 25, 2017
Norman Regional is a wonderful company . All the staff are kind and professional. The benefits are great. They provide discounted lunches. As a majority the patients are very well satisfied with the care they receive.
Pros
Discount lunches. Great benrfits, competitive salary
staff was great to work with
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 25, 2017
wish I was still there and that they could have worked with my school schedule and had a manager that under stood when you told her that you were going to throw in the towel when she kept harassing me.
Pros
staff was great to work with
Cons
They would not work around my scholl schedule
Good Place To Work - Variety
Oklahoma - Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 4, 2017
Norman Region was a great place to work. Everyone is very well together, work together, no matter what your culture or background is. Great team work and family atmosphere.
Pros
Variety of Work; Great teachings
Cons
Pay low; Medical Cost High
Loved it.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  healthplexFebruary 27, 2017
Great patient centered atmosphere. Nurse to patient ratios actually appropriate. Would love to return working there again. Felt like "home" in so many ways.
good work enviroment friendly people nice facility
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 19, 2017
a typical day was getting to work and taking report from off going staff help pass breakfast take vitals and make sure pt was comfortable. started on morning charts
Great place to work!
Case Manager RN (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 14, 2017
I love Norman Regional! Great benefits and flexibility. I started as a cardiac nurse and moved into case management and have found my true passion! Norman Regional is a great atmosphere to work in and there is room for advancement here.
Great people and company.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 4, 2017
Very compassionate company. Great benefits. Very helpful hr department. Plenty of ways to move up in the company. Competitive pay. I loved that there were so many different locations to work at.
Exellent place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 4, 2016
Docs are fantastice and professional. Staff is awesome! Work was very rewarding. We had long days but at the end of the day, I felt satisfied.
MSO department was very good departmet to work for.
Record Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 7, 2016
I looked forward to going into work everyday. I did Urgent Care billing, made sure the clinics balanced everyday, did reports, answered patient calls, entered charges, dx codes and cpt codes.
Filed my claims and post insurance and patient payments. I worked my denials and any other mail. In 2008 we went on eClinical so I started doing Family Medicine, Pediatric and Internal Medicine as well as Urgent Care.
Pros
The department ran smoothly because of the Director and management.
Cons
Norman Regional Hospital outsourced our department in 2009 which was very devastating.
Great work environment. Friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 6, 2016
My typical work day is providing care for patients that have cardiac issues and also some med surg patients. I have learned a lot being a new nurse. I feel working on the cardiac floor has helped me learn more about the way our hearts work and the effect it has on the body as a whole.

I enjoy working with the staff on my floor. We work well as a team and I know that I can go to them with any situation I might need advice on.

I love to see the progress my patients make. Especially if I am able to care for them for multiple days in a row.
Pros
flexible schedule
Good Company to work for
Medical Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 23, 2016
I worked for Norman Regional for 3 short months, The management was great, Very proficient, and the majority of my coworkers were team players, and were always willing to help each other out. I however had one coworker that had seniority that was difficult to work with and constantly criticized other employees. It was so terrible that the two girls that held that position before me left. this particular coworker was never rude or inconsiderate in front of our manager, so she had no idea how she really was.
Pros
coworkers were team players
Nice Edcuation Center
Certified Childbirth Educator, ICEA Certified (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 23, 2016
They had up to date Equipment to do the job well. Enjoyed working there. This was the best parttime job I every had. Could set my own schedule.