Normandale Community College Employee Reviews

Great faculty and department leadership.
Team teaching as part of a 2 member (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 29, 2017
Great faculty and department leadership. Innovative teaching techniques. Collaborative and supportive environment. Technology support and onboarding process were helpful.
Health promoting enviornment
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 30, 2016
I teach on weekday nights.
The management is very supportive, and quick to respond.
Hardest part: Evening job
Most enjoyable: Love teaching and spreading the awareness about health and wellness.
Pros
Open to new idaes
Cons
Less stability
fun and welcoming environment
Externship rotations trough (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 18, 2016
I have enjoyed going to Normandale and learn new things from my instructor. They care about my learning and provide me every tool for me to succeed. We provide care to different people like children, teenagers, and adults etc.
Pros
accepting all patient
Student Leader
Student Leader - Culture and Diversity Center (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 17, 2016
Working at the Cultural center, I met a lot of people from different countries and learn a lot as well. It is always good to know more about other culture.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
N/A
Great Management
Information Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 28, 2016
The management there was great, professional, and pleasant. The culture was diverse and fun. Work environment was clean and friendly. Overall, working there was great.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Okay pay
Professional
Public Safety Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN 55431May 27, 2016
Excellent and well rounded individuals around me every day. Positive impacts as leaders. Certainly learned a lot on the job.
productive work environment with a diverse student and staff populations and
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 20, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Normandale. It is a respectful and professional place to work. I really like those I have worked with in my department and there are some benefits to working, such as wavered classes, which have allowed me to expand my education. The only downside to work here is a lack of security, as few individuals are hired to permanent positions. This is common in most higher education settings at this time.
Pros
wavered classes, training
Cons
no security
An enriching educational setting for students and teachers alike
Supplemental Instructor and Tutor for ESL (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MinnesotaJuly 28, 2015
An enriching teaching experience for me while I was working on getting my Master's degree in ESL. I found the diverse student population stimulating and the staff extraordinarily supportive. I would love to have the opportunity to return to this institute of learning.
Pros
Professionally and personally rewarding
Cons
It was a long metro commute for me
this was not my last job
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, mnJune 6, 2015
I used to work at technomark as an design engineer. I got sick of working in the office life as well as I felt as if they were abusive to me verbally so I left after being sworn at one day by my supervisor for asking a question.
Fun enriching job
Tutor/Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 4, 2015
I loved working with other tutors, and our supervisors were the best I've ever had. End of semester parties with a potluck and awards was also fun.
Pros
Doing something I enjoy
Cons
Was only part-time
Great job
Public Security/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 16, 2015
Responsible for maintaining a safe community for our students and staff throughout the entire campus both interior and exterior of the property. Communicating with law enforcement when needed and writing citations to those who have violated our schools policy and procedures.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not a permanent job
Productive work place
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Answered main Admission phone directing calls based on caller needs. Tracked reservations taken by phone and electronic campus reservations for all Admission events. Assisted in maintaining prospective files
Cultural Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 9, 2014
I learned a lot of skills working at normandale. I also met a lot of influential people while working there who have ended up become my mentors and friends outside work.
Awesome Job
Technology Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  MNApril 6, 2014
If you are school student get this job, you will love it, flexible hours pay good, there is nothing bad about this job, maybe that is only for short time, its work-study position
Pros
Pay
Work study position
Public safety (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 25, 2014
Job was good. Difficult tasks sometimes to challenge workers. Sometimes job wasn't challenging enough to gain experience with security. Watched cameras, dispatch, no medical calls even though I am a first responder.
Pros
good hours
Cons
work study
NIce work environment and a great place to start.
President of STEM (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonJanuary 9, 2014
I worked here as I was still going to school. Therefore a typical day at work starts with me checking phone voicemail, cleaning the work space and the office. Checking lost and found and calling people to pick up their items such as Identification cards or cell phones. Answering phone call.
Pros
Good experience
Good Job Security, Recent Improvements in Management
Associate Director for User Services (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 24, 2013
They are making strides at Normandale to introduce more middle management type positions which is helping with overall performance.

Overall, it's a nice place to work with a laid-back environment one would expect at a college.
Productive and Fun Place
Workstudy student (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 3, 2013
Enjoyed working at American Express. Work environment was so friendly, and the people I worked with, were extremely nice. Great benefits and a fair pay.
Pros
Great benefits
Fun Work Place
Office Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 9, 2013
Great company to work for. They have good core values and great customer service.
great way to get foot in the door working in HR
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 7, 2012
overall ok place to work
new management and turnover often
worry about job and duities being centralized
learned lots of labor relations and contract skills
Pros
hr experience, labor relations, contracts, presentations
Cons
cannot advance within department, management lack necessary leading skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Normandale Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2