Normandale Community College Employee Reviews

Nơi làm việc rất thuận tiện cho sinh viên
Student Success Mentor (Current Employee) –  Hennepin County, MNDecember 22, 2017
Môi trường làm việc rất tốt để rèn luyện những kỹ năng từ giao tiếp đến lãnh đạo. Tôi rất vui khi cùng được làm việc với những người năng động và giàu kinh nghiệm. Công việc tôi đang làm không quá khó, nhưng theo tôi, giao tiếp phải là điểm mạnh để có thể hoàn thiện tốt công việc này. Đặc biệt, tôi rất thích công việc tôi đang làm vì tôi có thể giuso được nhiều sinh viên, cũng như học tập từ nhiều người khác.
Awesome and educational.
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 3, 2017
I worked as an assistant to a professor and it was great. I spent a lot of time job shadowing and working on various events around the school which all were well paid for and taught me a lot.
Pros
Educational.
Cons
Wish I could work more!
N/a
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 1, 2017
This job paid me less that I was worth and the fact that the manager was not able to manage well, she gave people jobs that they clearly we over qualified for and did not want to recommend them for other positions.
not good at consultants for courses and transfer
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 26, 2017
teaching students with math. Not a lot of students come to ask for help. See the same students again and again. Always paying on time and flexible in time to work there.
A work place with a lot of freedom
General Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 8, 2017
Normandale Community College is a good place to work in personal with a lot of people are fun and helpful to be working around. I've have learned a lot of things from the people around me and especially all was about customer service skills.
Normandale is a great place to work
HR (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 21, 2017
I've worked at Normandale for over 4 years. This is a college that has a great reputation and you can be proud to work here. They are making changes and constantly looking to improve. If you are a hard worker and want to make a difference this is a great place to work. It's a state of MN institution so you get a nice state benefits package.
Pros
Beautiful campus, room for advancement, lots of development, fun coworkers
Cons
It's a state institution so pay is lower, but benefits are better, some things are outside of your control to change
Workplace Culture
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 2, 2017
Many friendly, talented people who are more than willing to help teach if you are willing to ask. Passionate about what they do and enjoy the work they do on campus for the students.
Good place to work for
Business Statistics Faculty (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 18, 2017
I spent ten years as an Adjunct at Normandale teaching business and statistics for business courses. Generally speaking management is relatively good, and take good care of employees.
Good experience
Student Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 30, 2017
Worked part time as I was going to school full time. It was challenging but not too demanding. I learned a lot about how to properly tutor at this job.
Pros
In same building as school, flexible scheduling
Cons
Compensation
review
Disability Services & TRIO SSS Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 5, 2017
I loved almost every moment of my time there. Wish it could have lasted longer. I was only a temporary hire. Each department was close knit, like any school or state program it had its political moments.
Fun job that was not demanding
Music Theory Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 17, 2017
I was chosen for the position by my professor due to my skills in the subject matter so I can't complain. I got to help my fellow students understand something i was greatly interested in meet new people.
Pros
Fun and easy
Cons
limited hours
Productive environment with friendly people.
Peer tutor and supplemental instruction leader (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 3, 2017
A typical day as a peer tutor would look like 2 or 3 people chatting at a desk talking about the subject at hand. I've learned that not everybody learns at the same rate as well as that what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. I've found that by focusing on what the student knows already is very important for helping them bridge that knowledge to the information of that which they are struggling with. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is being able to meet new people everyday and learn their unique struggle as a person and a student.
Great faculty and department leadership.
Team teaching as part of a 2 member (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 29, 2017
Great faculty and department leadership. Innovative teaching techniques. Collaborative and supportive environment. Technology support and onboarding process were helpful.
Health promoting enviornment
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 30, 2016
I teach on weekday nights.
The management is very supportive, and quick to respond.
Hardest part: Evening job
Most enjoyable: Love teaching and spreading the awareness about health and wellness.
Pros
Open to new idaes
Cons
Less stability
fun and welcoming environment
Externship rotations trough (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 18, 2016
I have enjoyed going to Normandale and learn new things from my instructor. They care about my learning and provide me every tool for me to succeed. We provide care to different people like children, teenagers, and adults etc.
Pros
accepting all patient
Student Leader
Student Leader - Culture and Diversity Center (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 17, 2016
Working at the Cultural center, I met a lot of people from different countries and learn a lot as well. It is always good to know more about other culture.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
N/a
Great Management
Information Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 28, 2016
The management there was great, professional, and pleasant. The culture was diverse and fun. Work environment was clean and friendly. Overall, working there was great.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Okay pay
Professional
Public Safety Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN 55431May 27, 2016
Excellent and well rounded individuals around me every day. Positive impacts as leaders. Certainly learned a lot on the job.
productive work environment with a diverse student and staff populations and
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 20, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Normandale. It is a respectful and professional place to work. I really like those I have worked with in my department and there are some benefits to working, such as wavered classes, which have allowed me to expand my education. The only downside to work here is a lack of security, as few individuals are hired to permanent positions. This is common in most higher education settings at this time.
Pros
wavered classes, training
Cons
no security
An enriching educational setting for students and teachers alike
Supplemental Instructor and Tutor for ESL (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MinnesotaJuly 28, 2015
An enriching teaching experience for me while I was working on getting my Master's degree in ESL. I found the diverse student population stimulating and the staff extraordinarily supportive. I would love to have the opportunity to return to this institute of learning.
Pros
Professionally and personally rewarding
Cons
It was a long metro commute for me