Normandale Community College

Normandale Community College Employer Reviews

Work study position
Public safety (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: work study
Job was good. Difficult tasks sometimes to challenge workers. Sometimes job wasn't challenging enough to gain experience with security. Watched cameras, dispatch, no medical calls even though I am a first responder.
NIce work environment and a great place to start.
President of STEM (Former Employee), BloomingtonJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good experience
I worked here as I was still going to school. Therefore a typical day at work starts with me checking phone voicemail, cleaning the work space and the office. Checking lost and found and calling people to pick up their items such as Identification cards or cell phones. Answering phone call.
Good Job Security, Recent Improvements in Management
Associate Director for User Services (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNSeptember 24, 2013
They are making strides at Normandale to introduce more middle management type positions which is helping with overall performance.

Overall, it's a nice place to work with a laid-back environment one would expect at a college.
Productive and Fun Place
Workstudy student (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Enjoyed working at American Express. Work environment was so friendly, and the people I worked with, were extremely nice. Great benefits and a fair pay.
Fun Work Place
Office Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 9, 2013
Great company to work for. They have good core values and great customer service.
great way to get foot in the door working in HR
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 7, 2012
Pros: hr experience, labor relations, contracts, presentations
Cons: cannot advance within department, management lack necessary leading skills
overall ok place to work
new management and turnover often
worry about job and duities being centralized
learned lots of labor relations and contract skills
Tutored students with music classes
Music Tutor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJuly 10, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, new skills learned, helping people
I was available daily for students who needed help with music theory, ear training, voice and piano.
I learned how to help students who were having difficulties in the above classes. I learned how to be flexible with different learning types and to change my teaching technique to help them.
The hardest part of this job was teaching material that I was – more... also in the process of learning.
The most enjoyable part of this job was working directly with the Music Theory teacher and learning from her. – less
Easy going and fun
Scribe (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJuly 9, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: no benefits
Getting to use your abilities to help others is a great feeling. Depending on who you are as a person it can be fun or not so much. Detail organized and is quite an easy job.
Fun Learning Experience
Tutor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 20, 2012
This job helped me learn more about the courses I had already studied. I enjoyed being able to help other students learn the materials needed to pass thier accounting courses.
Admissions office of college
Admissions Office Assistant/Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMay 23, 2012
Pros: good pay, had fun
Cons: less hours available during school year
I had a great time working with my friends as an orientation leader. Our schedules were very flexible and the pay was great. Management were very considerate of our class schedules
Nice work place
Former Employee (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 3, 2012
Pros: very flexible with work schedule.
Cons: limited hours allowed to work
Student worker....assist with incoming and outgoing calls, filing, etc
Great and fun place to work
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 15, 2012
I worked here as a tutor and the people I help are all students who just needs more explanations on topics covered in class.