NORPAC Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
fast paced work
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORNovember 16, 2017
this is an company that will hire o the spot and it's seasonal and a good way to gain employment experience and to make quick cash for students and or the unemployed
Disgusting place, no training, poor management
Hard Hat (Former Employee) –  Stayton, OROctober 27, 2017
Most disgusting stuff ive seen. Pulling dead rodents from vegetable lines, green bean goop falling everywhere. Not to mention your supervisor is hardly even around. You get a run down on what your machine does and thats it. All in all this is not a good place for a career. First job, maybe at that.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Everything about the job
Fun expirience
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooks, ORAugust 16, 2017
It was a fun expirience working for norpac i was working in sanitation i was cleaning belts and working with chemicals at norpac. The hardest thing about working in norpac was that you have to keep the cannery clean
Pros
45 minute lunches
Cons
Needed more hours
Productive and dependent work place
Bell Person (Former Employee) –  Brooks, ORJuly 9, 2017
I would do the same thing everyday unless the products would run out , the managers would send me to different areas. Overall I would get a good salary.
it was alright
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooks, ORJune 25, 2017
if im being honest the job itself wasn't bad. getting paid weekly was nice but the swing shift was terrible. im glad i was able to work with people i knew because if i worked with all strangers it wouldnt be a good experience.
Pros
consistent hours, weekly pay
Cons
loss of freetime during summer break
Fast paced and fun
Product grader/checker (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORApril 20, 2017
Always able to stay busy, set schedule, friendly people, seasonal position, really easy place to get hired on if looking for a job. Able to choose different positions within the company/season
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Alot of overtime during the season. Sometimes worked 13 days straight
Fast paced work place
Seam Scope Grader (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORFebruary 11, 2017
Some areas are fast paced and time flies buy during the day. Opportunities to train in different places of the plant. Training as Grader, checker and seam scope all in one season. Also did sanitation for a couple days. Friendly office staff! Communication is hard becuase it is so loud, you have to yell all the time.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Loud
Busy, cold. Good hours. Work everyday.
Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORFebruary 10, 2017
I worked great hours. Five days a week. You're allowed any shift that fits you as long as there are opening for what you want. Some parts of the factory are very fast paced and depending on the seasons vegetables the smells can get pretty horrid.
Pros
Pick any shift you want.
Cons
Smells bad depending on what season it is.
what i learened
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 22, 2016
i learned things about working and rules that have to be followed to ensure quality product. also learned about keeping my area clear of any hazards
good work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 18, 2016
Enjoy working with the same people and new ones that are new to the work place enjoy having the bosses tell us what a good job we do and help us learn ways to are job better and safety
Pros
good boss
Cons
lots of work
Serious Environment, With Great Employees
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 15, 2016
Typical day; Clean various places, making sure it is clean is food produce goes by and we are to make sure it is clean at all times.

What I learned; Timing is everything. Communication is vital when handling food. A fast-paced environment can help think and act faster. Mistakes can happen, it is best to remain honest so that the conflict may be resolved faster and efficiently.

Co-workers; Are all hard working, help each other adapt to the fast-paced environment, social to newcomers, lots of family relations on the work, but it doesn't stop them from working.
Pros
Various shift, many job openings, swtich positions
Summer work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORSeptember 2, 2015
Designed, built, and installed cannery production machinery in many different configurations for processing of raw vegetables. included welding stainless steel, aluminium, and mild steel using stick, MIG, and TIG equipment.
Pros
Kept busy
Cons
lack of material to do the job correctly
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 19, 2014
A typical day at work would be putting on your wet suit and going to the station you were assigned by your adviser. Then you would grab a broom and sweep any product that would fall into drains. During the breaks of the people using the machines, you would then grab a hose and spray down the machines and made sure when they returned it was clean and safe for them to continue working. What i learned from this job is that I do not want to be doing this for the rest of my life, so i need to make sure I do very well in school in order to advance to a university and pursue a career that I enjoy more. The people I worked with were all very welcoming. They mostly stick with the people they were already comfortable with but were still welcoming and would engage conversations with me. The hardest part of the job would possibly be when a machine would overflow and then the product would pile up on the floor and we needed to fix the machine and clean up the mess that was on the floor. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to engage conversations with the people there.
Pros
Breaks when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORPAC Foods, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7