NORTH-WEST COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Able to go to school and work
Student (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Only went to school here, but I hear you can go to school and work in the office. People who work there are very nice. Everyone is willing to help each other.
good experience
Medical Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 31, 2018
class was hands-on
teacher was tough and hands on
skillful
teaching and learning experience
hours were great depending on class schedule
fridays off best part
Okay company that doesn't compensate well
Instructional Lead (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 3, 2018
There is no benefits and the pay is low. They don't really give raises even when you get a promotion. The only thing good would be job security. Don't expect too much from them.
Fun place, very hands on.
Clinical & Administrative Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 7, 2017
Awesome teachers, very hands on. i learned how to take vitals and do injections. I called patients for reminders of their appointments. I would bring patients into the room for the doctors.
No stars... they don't even rate, had to put something or it wouldn't work
Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 14, 2016
Worse place to work. Don't even bother. The curriculum is an antique, technology-early 90's, appreciation-non exsistant , raises- never, benifits- never, full time- never. The education these students are paying for is a joke.
Cons
worst place to work is santa ana campus
office (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 2, 2016
Qorking here was an awful experience student payments would go "missing" and the obvious person would not get fired they have gotten rid of a bunch of good hard working employees and kept a bunch of the staff who dont care about their students
Pros
non
Cons
bad work environment
A great place to have a balance of business and pleasure
Administrative Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 18, 2016
My work life at north-west college has truly been amazing. I loved all the people I worked with, the students, as well as most importantly my job as a whole in this career.
horrible place to work at.
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 30, 2015
overworked, over tasked, not enough man power, oh yeah and they DONT give annual employee reviews non the less no annual raises, in fact, you are persuade by management to not ask for a raise or even mention it because its not going to happen and if you want a raise you have to "tap" the owner in his shoulder and ask for one, provide a reason why you deserve it and show cause of positive impact to the company with proven historical data, and even at that you don't get a raise (wow). All my hard, dedication, overtime worked and extravagant results mean and meant nothing to them, oh and we don't get paid overtime and its kinda mandatory to go to the schools graduation functions on a SUNDAY with out getting paid or comp for it. Overall its an employee sweat shop in there and they don't care about their employees!!!!!!!! another thing that is so ridiculous, another example, when it comes to ordering supplies that is desperately needed, it takes them 1 or 2 months to receive and not only that, they will shuttle it to you in portions. Let me explain this to you, if you order a box of manilla folders and a highlighter, you will receive partial supplies exp: a 20 pieces of foldes from a box they open, and 1 used highlighter that doesn't even highlight! what does that mean, i had to buy my supplies in the beginning. Well that just a scrape from the surface of what i can tell you, but there is a lot more. And thats why i resigned, i wouldn't recommend anybody to work for this company.
Pros
none!
Cons
everything about this company is wrong!
Fun, Friendly Environment
Administrative Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 2, 2014
All of the teachers and office staff are friendly. The staff is helpful and everyone is a great team player.
Really enjoyed working there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 10, 2013
Being able to give advice to the new students. And helping out the faculty whenever need possible.
Pros
Working with the students.
Cons
It was a temporary job
Good place to learn office skills
Assisted Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 1, 2013
It was fun to work with my own teacher and help her set up paper work for classroom, It was fun to work with other staff from the office nice attitudes.
Cons
Work study program only
Strong sense of community. Strong core values that tie in to Purpose and Mission
North-West College Instructor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 12, 2013
North-West College is a growing community of administration, faculty and staff that are commited to the success of our students. The core values and key performance areas that are emphasized throughout the campuses help to guide the employees towards accomplishing our goals and constant improvement. The staff is welcoming and allows opportunities for connections and collaborations that ultimately help our students succeed in accomplishing their goals.