North American Airlines

North American Airlines Employer Reviews

A very disciplined environment and fun place to work
Senior Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: a good support system for the crews
Cons: i enjoyed the unpredictability of the job
I've enjoyed working at North American Airline, being able to work with a professional and reliable staff that provided the support that was necessary to complete the required projects.
Better in earlier years
In-flight Cabin Crew- Purser (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYDecember 7, 2014
Good company when privately owned. Fast way to see the world
Love my job. Adventourous and fun to fly different places
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYOctober 8, 2014
I have an amazing experience working with North American Airline. I got a chance to learn about different cultures and food. I enjoyed being a part of flight attendant team onboard.
Fun place to work
Aircraft Records Administrator, Level II (Former Employee), New YorkOctober 6, 2014
Was a fun place to work. Good people and was a good company to get your feet wet in the aviation industry.
went out of business
Purser/ Lead (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYSeptember 18, 2014
went out of business fir a reason.... bad management. Did not like to pay their flight attendants. Bad for business
Meeting people from all over the world and a variety of cultures
Service Coordinator and Purser (Former Employee), JFK International airport NY.August 9, 2014
Always flying with different crews, interacting with passengers from all walks of life. Managing a group of Flight Attendants who are always adventurous and customer service oriented
Exciting flying to anywhere in the world.
First Officer/International Relief Pilot, Boeing (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJune 24, 2014
Never a dull moment, working to places most people haven't heard of.
Was a good place to work
Manager of Operations Administration (Former Employee), Peachtree CityMay 9, 2014
Exciting and fulfilling job. Worked with really great people including management.
Fun (while it lasted)
SOC Duty Manager (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAApril 30, 2014
Pros: good pay/insurance
Cons: long hours and crazy tasks
Beside being furloughed, I had fun at my job. My Co-workers were awesome.
Charter Airline Flying Worldwide
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYApril 28, 2014
Charter Airline, flying for a variety of different groups, including the US military, Barack Obama, College Football teams to Bowl games, etc. Great place to work, but until the past year, management was terrible.
Great people to work with and excellent opportunity to see the world
Captain/ Check Airman (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAApril 8, 2014
Pros: very varied flight schedules
Cons: sometimes layovers were tight and short
Because of North American's diverse clientel, the company offered the opportunity to travel to locations not normally offered by anyother flight operation. Travel included Europe, Asia, Far East and Oceanic with many island destinations.
Constant change with great employees
Crew Scheduler (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GADecember 5, 2013
Pros: the schedule: work 4 days and off for 4 days
Cons: working a 12 hour shift
A typical day at work is hectic due to the daily operation constantly changing.
I have learned to maintain my compose under pressure.
Management is firm and expects their employees to maintain the daily flight operation.
My co-workers, we're like faimly.
The hardest part of my job is sitting at a desk for more than eight hours.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers.
North American was a great work place, the employees were very friendly and it was a family environment .
Supervisor (Former Employee), JFK New YorkOctober 18, 2013
In my 17 years at North American I learned alot it was a growing and learning experience. everyday was a challenge dealing with different kinds of situations be it weather related or mechanical or just crew members but at the end of the day I went home making sure all the problems were solved and taken care off. We worked as a team at North American everybody put their heads together from upper management going all the way down the list.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the company itself .
The hardest part of the job was seeing the economy make a big change to North American.
Will not move up in this company
Flight Attendant/ Purser (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYOctober 16, 2013
This company has the potential to go far, but management does not know what the hell their doing and this is the main downfall of NAA. Their is a double standard when it comes to the pilots and the flight attendants, the pilots are taken care of while the FAs kinda fend for them self. Their is a new CEO every quarter so it hard to get the company moving as long as this company continues this way their will be no room for growth.
Very productive, but under pressure due to not enough Dispatchers.
Chief Flight Dispatcher/Permits Dispatcher (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYOctober 13, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere; annual profit sharing
Cons: job security depended on special contracts.
A typical day at work would comprise of maintaining a balance
between various requirements of different departments.
I learned thru experience to maintain that balance.
Wherever I worked I tried to help create an atmosphere of respect and friendly behavior among colleagues while maintaining a professional attitude together with discipline required in a semi technical/legal job such as ours. To be curious as to reason for things and always ready to learn more.
The hardest part was to instill in my colleagues love for their work and for each other and the most fun part was when positive results were achieved in an environment that was both professional and friendly.
Friendly atmosphere
Supervisor of A/C Maintenance Planner & Records (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2013
Pros: o/t
Cons: on call
productive a friendly place to work.
A learning experience
good place to work for
Technical Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 6, 2013
• Negotiate contracts for purchase of aircraft parts and supplies from vendors and other airlines
• Maintaining good relationships with other airlines to ensure that in the event of time urgency, aircraft parts can be exchanged between airlines
• Process all aircraft parts for repair orders to obtain quality repair services at the best value
• Reconcile, process and ensure correct cost allocation for all departmental invoices by using ReQlogic and update MS Excel
• Maintain data entry for all purchase and repair orders using Excel
• Determine optimum inventory provisioning levels assure highest inventory dispatch reliability at lower cost
• Manage departmental filing system for all purchase and repair orders and also returns for exchange
flight attendant
International Flight Attendant (Former Employee), jamaica, new yorkJune 3, 2013
Pros: travel and great co workers
Cons: time away from home
1-2 weeks away from base...Experienced different destinations and cultures.. Learned importance of punctuality and patience...Worked with great people from all different backgrounds..and learned how to deal with all different personalities in a confined space.. Hardest part was the extensive time away from home.. Overall one of the best experiences I have ever had ..
Working at NAA has given me an opportunity to accomplish great achievement and would like to continue growing with someone that opportunities for co,
Senior Flight Attendant (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2012
Pros: as an industry increasing in opportunities and size, it provides endless challenges and opportunities.
Cons: with a reduction of market share and staffing, the opportunities have also been reduced
The work is challenging and enjoyable for the products,services and the Customers that we serve.

The support of the organization that I work for is very generous with it's staff to ensure that the customers receive the best possible service.
Senior Flight Attendant (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2012