North American Bancard - Merchant Services Employee Reviews

Company of one person
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2017
Not a friendly place to work at, boss is money driven and blaming his people on his requests/mistakes, doesn't like that people talk when not work related, stressful and unpleasant work place.
Pros
non
Mobile Support Rep
Customer Service/Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 27, 2017
Assist mobile merchant with troubleshooting for mobile device or tablets, Assist with Monthly charges and transactions from customers. Train new hire's on day to day activities
Pros
great incentives
Cons
management, scheduling
Competitive environment
Senior Sales and Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 30, 2017
Highly competitive but rewarding if you put the time in and work towards closing deals. Cold-calling essential along with market research. Ten years with this company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Competitive
Productive work enviorment
Research analyst/Technical support representative. (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 17, 2017
I made outbound and took inbound calls.I also assisted with research analyst duties.I learned to be patient with people who i come in contact with.I also learned to put myself in others position to understand how they feel.Managment was very understanding,they assisted the employees with any help they needed however management was not always there sometimes ,and it would be very difficult to receive assistance.I continued to do these different duties at the job however there were alot of work i was not able to understand but i manage to work through it.The job gave alot of incentives such as eating area,game area and you were able to have counseling sessions to get out any issues you may have.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
managment
Growing fast-paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 8, 2017
This company is fast-paced and continuously growing. There are many facets to the business model which affords one the opportunity to learn many aspects of a growing business. Advancement and transfer opportunities are often times available. The environment is friendly and staff have a willingness to help their peers.
Pros
Advancement and transferrability, growing, fast-paced
Great place to work.
Floor Assistant - Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 10, 2017
The atmosphere and company are upbeat and friendly.
Fast paced and makes the day go by quickly.
You really have to be multi-tasked to keep but you learn a lot.
Everyone is friendly and helpful.
Pros
Flexible hours, Cafe located in building
Cons
Parking can be challenge
unrealized potential
Employee (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 7, 2017
What could be a great company is wasted away by the poorest of decision makers at the helm. The company is technologically ahead of most all of its competitors and offers unparalleled solutions but can't execute. Poor corporate communication, no loyalty to employees and they under pay the staff.
Pros
solutions, technology, the people that work there & great benefits
Cons
everything else.
Leadership Changes makes for unsure future
NOC Admin (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 21, 2017
Recent management changes proves to be a challenge. Unstable direction moving forward. Changes seem to be "shot from the hip". No explanation on why changes are happening.
Pros
Great employee interaction
Decent Position
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 7, 2017
This position was decent money, in a decent work environment. The management team varied frequently but the hours were flexible. The work attire was dressy casual.
Pros
Great food vendors, lacked attire
Cons
Pay/ management
A decent place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 16, 2017
The benefit is fair enough for a mid size company. The management needs to improve. Need more opportunities for employees. Has pretty flexible work hours as long as you can finish your job
Fun Place to work with Great Benefits
Mobile technical support (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 26, 2017
I loved this job and the management was very encouraging and supportive. The job always had events planned to boost the employees confidence and take your mind off of day to day stress on the phones
Ping pong table
IT Department (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 18, 2016
Most people were ok to work with.Most days you don't know what is going to happen. If the stregegic direction was communicated better, this company would take off.
Pros
Slush
Cons
Conflicting assignments from top down
Great pay/ co-workers
Collections Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 4, 2016
I like the work that I do and the people I work with. My work day is normally busy which makes time fly by. The management is good but the communication could improve.
Productive work place that has provided me a great learning experience.
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 27, 2016
I am currently on the Research team where mostly everything is done in house regarding processing and resolving issues. I also still work with the Global platform (back end processor) accounts as well regarding any research issues. I rekey sales that have not been settled. I generate reports for transactions in order to determine any discrepancies so that I will be able to reprocess sales , so I am comfortable with excel spreadsheets. I also make sure to follow up on my assigned work so that a follow up is received in a timely manner. I have enhanced my skills for prioritizing, organizing and multitasking. Learning is my most enjoyable part of the job, being on the implementation team allows me to learn as well as create new ideas as a team. I appreciate my job so much as it has helped me find the my strongest skill and allowed me to set higher goals for myself in the title that I currently hold.
Pros
Team building exercises, free lunches, activities to boost company moral
Cons
Healthcare is expensive.
Flexible / Comfortable Work Environment
Research Department Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 13, 2016
Job Security. Flexibility. Opportunity of Advancement. Relaxed Dress Code. Cafe . . . Do not have to leave the building for lunch. Friendly co-workers. Training opportunities. I've learned the importance of always be willing to learn new things.
Work was work, They have a way of making it fun
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 7, 2016
I worked here briefly when I moved to Detroit. It was work oriented, high energy, strength building, and provided benefits. They take care of their employees more than most places i've seen in the city of Detroit.
Some departments are excellent, but the business overall is lacking
Underwriting Processor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 30, 2016
I do basic computational tasks independently all day, and the number 1 takeaway is that I don't make a living wage currently.

The department I work in has a great culture. Management is understanding, caring, and works incredibly hard. They do not micro-manage. Co-workers are largely pleasant, but the occasional bad apple is to be expected.

The job is easy and doesn't come close to utilizing the full range of my talents or my intelligence, and while I've expressed as much to management for six months, there has been no opportunity to be promoted within the company.

The company is open from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM, which allows for a great range of hours in our department for anyone with an awkward schedule requiring a flexible work shift.

The company's primary goal is to make money regardless of the moral nature of the actions that result in the most profit. This includes lying to clients outright regularly and providing very lackluster service of any kind.
Pros
Excellent management and work-life balance
Cons
Low wages, little room for advancement, unethical company practices, and the company is slow to change anything
This comapny does not care about your well being. You are just another body to fill a space in a seat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 11, 2016
I would highly suggest anyone seeing this companies job posting to run the away way! They do not care about you and the management doesn't care either.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work Life Balance, Management
A very great place to start entry level
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 3, 2016
I loved going to work everyday, management and co-workers were a blast and pleasant to interact with daily. I learned how to analysis customer files to reduce error, and decrease profit loss. This job wasn't hard as long as you stayed focused.
Excellent company
Merchant Services - Account Sales (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 1, 2016
Excellent company to work with. You truly can be as successful as you are willing to work for. Everyone seems to have your best interest in mind. You can't go wrong here!