North American Bancard - Merchant Services

North American Bancard - Merchant Services United States Employee Reviews

This was a frustrating position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 20, 2015
Pros: the compensation was acceptable
Cons: the wrong fit, lack of organization
The training was intense, which I love, and irrelevant. The position was customer service including providing detailed explanation of billing and payment. Once training had concluded, the material covered was useless. The calls received were limited to complaints regarding improper billing and set up, funds not received and bank account information entered incorrectly.
Professional workplace with a relaxing atmosphere
Deployment Specialist (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day would include dealing with customers, programming terminals and dealing with customers. Co-workers were also fun to be around and never took themselves too seriously while also trying to help if you needed an extra hand.
customer services rep/ trainer
Customer Services/ Trainer (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Layed off from job, had to let go 30 employee's go and I was one of them.
Fun
Cash Advance Coordinator and Application Processor (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Lots of break areas to make private phone calls, ping pong table, foozeball, air hockey. Very nice building, newly built.
Productive and fun work place
Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great break room with ping pong table
Cons: n/a
Great company to work at! Company is growing tremendously! Employees are appreciated.
N/A
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great compay to work for , only reason for leaving is relocation
Great place to learn the industry
TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 16, 2014
Pros: management is awesome
Cons: lack of communication between departments and upper management
North America Ban Card was a great experience. I could have not asked for a better place to go to learn about the industry. After working there I feel that I'm ready and capable to take on any job in the call center field.
New here
Mobile Support Specialist (Current Employee), Troy, MIDecember 2, 2014
I am learning from the merchants calling in. There is so much to learn, and I am just embracing everything.
business loans and merchant sevices
Loan Representative/Merchant Sales (Current Employee), 250 stephenson hwy Troy MI 48083October 12, 2014
Pros: have flexible hours
Cons: build income
Create weekly goals solicit new business take care of old account and grow the business.
Productive busy fun work place with air hockey, ice cream machine,popcorn, slurpee machines excellent coffee,tea tvs in all lunch rooms
Mobile Support Specialist (Current Employee), Troy OfficeSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: people on my team & a few in customer service
Cons: late hours, can't make up my time if i miss, single parents need to attend their kids events; football, band, doc apts
A typical day at work is on phones, teaching merchants that don't know much about the credit card processing business, how it works, Company policies & procedures, charge backs, disputes ect. Collecting requested documents, scanning into their files, alerting the Analyst on the account we have them & following up with the status on behalf of the merchant.
I've learned a LOT about the anatomy of processing a credit card.
Management: I was hired to work the Risk department part time, this manager is the BEST encounter I've had here. A year later was promoted to Global Analyst, Management was good & patient because there is a lot to learn. 3 months in and sleepless nights decided to tell mngt I needed more 1 on 1 time, I made large dollar amount decisions, high stressful. Mngt advised they don't have the man power to give me more training. My options were to pick another job in the company, stick it out with the possibility of suffering more loss & taking time away from my co-workes days due to work load, or lay off. Took another job in the company with the my Manager's stating I would take loss in pay but would go back to what I hired in at, accepted the job and currently making $13.25 per hour. I would say depending on the department you work in would depend on the Management.
My Co-workers- the ones that trained me A++, mountain of patience, offer "extra" info that is not explained in oreintation.
Hardest part of this job is when a merchant was under the impression they are getting paid in 24 hours regardless of the dollar amount of the transaction vs. credit score & having – more... to tell them we will not process & pay, refund the transaction & they have to pay the processing fees. Usually the folks are hurting for the money..
Most enjoyable part of my job is explaining the process, giving everybit of information they need & knowing the are clear on the risk involved & hearing them say THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to explain all of this, we had no idea & I've called before & they couldn't wait to get me off the phone. You took the time to make sure I get it & told me about the fees I'd have to pay, what not to do & what to do, I appreciate that. – less
No Communication
Salon Manager / Receptionist (Current Employee), Troy MIAugust 14, 2014
Prepare new applicant financial packages for underwriters, retrieve credit bureau reports and corporate records history, data entry, scanning files to NAB, CFM, and Agents accounts, filing, and organizing documents
love it
Outside Sales Agent (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 3, 2014
One of The best jobs to have work and work your own time with noone in your face do what evaer you like on your own time and the best part you work from home
Horrible
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 6, 2014
Pay at this company is bad, Owner came in and fired his entire management staff in service.
Its okay with not great benefits
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 2, 2014
The attitude in the environment is negative. Management doesn't help when needed.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Troy, MIFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: very organized and a very competitive enviornment
Cons: too loud
A typical day was getting there at 8:30am I immediately open my e-mail and search for documents that I may have been waiting for. I have a list of how I needed to proceed with my day. It would start with seeing what I needed to get from customers (document wise) to get their Credit Card service set up. Then I answered phones as well for new customers inquiring about new credit card accounts for their business. Any customers that didn't sign up at the first call I would follow up for the close.
Flexible scdedule.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 26, 2014
Wonderful working environment but no advancement. it is a great experience and learn alot about troubleshooting, Credit card payment, Mobile payment on Smart phones and tables.
n/a
Telemarketer (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 31, 2013
on the phone all day with clients and new companies
i learn that we have to be passion with our clients
the management was great all trying too do better and helping us
we wasnt alot but we was always there if one of us need help
the hardest part of the job was closing a deal and convincing clients to send a statement
the most enjoyable part of this job was convincing the owner of the company to send there credit card statements
Merchant services sweat shop
Underwriting Merchant Account Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 5, 2013
Pros: pay is above minimum wage
Cons: mandatory overtime, sweat shop culture
North American Bancard offers many positions, but expects a lot from its employees. Overtime is mandatory for many hourly positions on short notice. Many times I was told to stay for an extra two hours ten minutes before the end of a shift. Job advancement ends after floor management positions. The culture is one of a corporate sweat shop and call center.
Hell on earth if you deal with management
Business analyst (Current Employee), Troy, MIOctober 29, 2013
Pros: cheap vending machines
Cons: everythign else
Horrid company, horrid management, horrid owner.
If you aren't hourly forget about family/social life. Everyone throws everyone under the bus.
Fun workplace
Outside Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Troy, MIOctober 9, 2013
i Learned alot from the company the hardest part of my job was going to customers and talking with them to switch over but i have got some accounts