North American Bancard - Merchant Services

North American Bancard - Merchant Services Employer Reviews

Its okay with not great benefits
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 2, 2014
The attitude in the environment is negative. Management doesn't help when needed.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Troy, MIFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: very organized and a very competitive enviornment
Cons: too loud
A typical day was getting there at 8:30am I immediately open my e-mail and search for documents that I may have been waiting for. I have a list of how I needed to proceed with my day. It would start with seeing what I needed to get from customers (document wise) to get their Credit Card service set up. Then I answered phones as well for new customers – more... inquiring about new credit card accounts for their business. Any customers that didn't sign up at the first call I would follow up for the close. – less
Flexible scdedule.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 26, 2014
Wonderful working environment but no advancement. it is a great experience and learn alot about troubleshooting, Credit card payment, Mobile payment on Smart phones and tables.
n/a
Telemarketer (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 31, 2013
on the phone all day with clients and new companies
i learn that we have to be passion with our clients
the management was great all trying too do better and helping us
we wasnt alot but we was always there if one of us need help
the hardest part of the job was closing a deal and convincing clients to send a statement
the most enjoyable part of this – more... job was convincing the owner of the company to send there credit card statements – less
Merchant services sweat shop
Underwriting Merchant Account Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 5, 2013
Pros: pay is above minimum wage
Cons: mandatory overtime, sweat shop culture
North American Bancard offers many positions, but expects a lot from its employees. Overtime is mandatory for many hourly positions on short notice. Many times I was told to stay for an extra two hours ten minutes before the end of a shift. Job advancement ends after floor management positions. The culture is one of a corporate sweat shop and call center.
Hell on earth if you deal with management
Business analyst (Current Employee), Troy, MIOctober 29, 2013
Pros: cheap vending machines
Cons: everythign else
Horrid company, horrid management, horrid owner.
If you aren't hourly forget about family/social life. Everyone throws everyone under the bus.
Fun workplace
Outside Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Troy, MIOctober 9, 2013
i Learned alot from the company the hardest part of my job was going to customers and talking with them to switch over but i have got some accounts
Nice scheduling and overtime
Senior Technical Support Representative/Trainer (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 23, 2013
Pros: scheduling flexibility
Cons: no job security or advance
Answering calls from merchants using credit card machines. Learned the process of the credit card industry. Management was flexible with scheduling. Co-workers was nice, hardest part of job is the information all at once. The most enjoyable part is the knowledge you get from the merchants..
It can be a fun place depending on the day.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Troy, MISeptember 20, 2013
Pros: close to home
Wishing that the job paid a little more or had more hours. A typical day at work is answering phones, sorting and delivering mail, putting postage on outgoing mail, and ordering supplies. My co-workers are wonderful to work with, they have a great personality.
Great facilities and people, but limited room for growth.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Troy, MIJuly 17, 2013
Cons: lots of micromanagement makes it hard to do your job.
NAB has a great building with great people. Unfortunately, unprofessional management and leadership makes it hard to maintain good morale.
Most competitive pricing/compensation i've found
Independent Sales Organization (Current Employee), Tustin CAMay 3, 2013
Pros: to many to list.
Cons: underwriting on occasion needs to use more ccommon sense.
As a new ISO with NAB I am confident so far that we can't be beat. Customer Service has been above excellent. I feel that customer service will not cause me to lose accounts. No company is perfect, We have had a few minor issues, but nothing we haven't been able to handle. I personally give NAB two thumbs up!
Employes and gives opportunity to everyone!
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 20, 2013
Pros: giving you the opportunity to travel and develope your own sales technique.
Cons: none!
Working with managers that are willing to help you succeed. I learned from my supervisor how to present the product to customers and still keep their interest.while finding future clients in another state.The hardest part of this professional is not giving up!!
Productive and fun work environment; great culture
CFM Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 12, 2013
NAB is a great company to work for. The company treats its employees with respect and provide great perks like free massages, free popcorn, and family fun days. My typical day there includes working an extensive spreadsheet of the company's advance accounts while ensuring that merchants are maintaining their payback schedule. Management is extremely – more... knowledgeable and approachable and my co-workers are fabulous. – less
Management team is lousy
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 21, 2012
Pros: do not have to work on weekends
Cons: micromanagement
The management team does not trust employees. For example, they change your seats frequently to prevent you from talking to other colleagues. They will watch your every movements to make sure that you do not use your work time doing your personal stuff. .......It is definite not a good place to work for.
A Workplace that is advancing and creating more jobs
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Troy, MISeptember 3, 2012
Pros: the pros are the shifts is based on senority, department is monday thru friday, great incentive programs
Cons: the benefits are expensive with minimal coverage, the pay doesn't match the work that customer service does
The typical day at work is clock in and answer inbound calls for all the part of the day. I have learned to be multi tasked and I have learned how the credit card processing industry works. The Customer Service Management team is working to gain structure and organization within the department. The hardest part of the job is keeping updated on information – more... regarding new procedures and rates or agreement changesThe most enjoyable thing about my job is that I work with great employees who work very hard to display World Class Service, – less
Working at NAB
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Troy, MIAugust 17, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed the fact that the company brought lunch each day and it was never the same thing
Cons: allowed time off
Working at NAB was ok but I they just don't work with you when it comes to time for health issues with you or a dependent
Great place to work for
Customer Solutions Associate (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 15, 2012
Cons: only con is advancement. the company is so great, those who are in management positions do not leave. so it's only when new jobs are created, where there is growth, which right now is limited.
The company has a very bright future ahead of itself. The company's culture and atmosphere is amazing. The people who work for the company are fun, but also determined to make this company grow into an industry leader and that is what makes this company one of the best places to work for.
Good support
MULTIPLE HIGH RISK ISO AGENT (Current Employee), nationwideApril 30, 2012
Pros: low rates
Good support and great customer service. All the employees I dealt with were professional and friendly.
A teamwork place anvironment
Tech Admin Level 2 Senior Rep (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 28, 2012
I am a very diverse and energetic individual who can bring many fine qualities to your company. I am confident that my background in accounting/bookkeeping, customer service, computer networks, and my diverse knowledge of working with low-income individuals will make me a good fit for a company needs.
Amazing job, Flat screens in break rooms, popcorn machines, slurpee machines, as well as soft serve ice cream.
ISO Support Representative (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 28, 2012
Pros: free lunches, complimentary on-site spa massage
Cons: short breaks
NAB was a great company to work for. Great benefits, as well as amenities for their employees. Not to mention the highly anticiapted Christmas parties every year.