North American Bancard - Merchant Services Employee Reviews

Flexible / Comfortable Work Environment
Research Department Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 13, 2016
Job Security. Flexibility. Opportunity of Advancement. Relaxed Dress Code. Cafe . . . Do not have to leave the building for lunch. Friendly co-workers. Training opportunities. I've learned the importance of always be willing to learn new things.
Work was work, They have a way of making it fun
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 7, 2016
I worked here briefly when I moved to Detroit. It was work oriented, high energy, strength building, and provided benefits. They take care of their employees more than most places i've seen in the city of Detroit.
Some departments are excellent, but the business overall is lacking
Underwriting Processor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 30, 2016
I do basic computational tasks independently all day, and the number 1 takeaway is that I don't make a living wage currently.

The department I work in has a great culture. Management is understanding, caring, and works incredibly hard. They do not micro-manage. Co-workers are largely pleasant, but the occasional bad apple is to be expected.

The job is easy and doesn't come close to utilizing the full range of my talents or my intelligence, and while I've expressed as much to management for six months, there has been no opportunity to be promoted within the company.

The company is open from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM, which allows for a great range of hours in our department for anyone with an awkward schedule requiring a flexible work shift.

The company's primary goal is to make money regardless of the moral nature of the actions that result in the most profit. This includes lying to clients outright regularly and providing very lackluster service of any kind.
Pros
Excellent management and work-life balance
Cons
Low wages, little room for advancement, unethical company practices, and the company is slow to change anything
This comapny does not care about your well being. You are just another body to fill a space in a seat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 11, 2016
I would highly suggest anyone seeing this companies job posting to run the away way! They do not care about you and the management doesn't care either.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work Life Balance, Management
A very great place to start entry level
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 3, 2016
I loved going to work everyday, management and co-workers were a blast and pleasant to interact with daily. I learned how to analysis customer files to reduce error, and decrease profit loss. This job wasn't hard as long as you stayed focused.
Excellent company
Merchant Services - Account Sales (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 1, 2016
Excellent company to work with. You truly can be as successful as you are willing to work for. Everyone seems to have your best interest in mind. You can't go wrong here!
good
Outside Sales Account (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 1, 2016
the company is a good place to work also you get more information on the product you are selling ;kb;dkBfioi ipHBXK?JB ?KXV;hcivx uhbkjv jbdgdjbsi Gu ghJKN/DFB:dhgviuCBHVKJ ulg:k>ng K/B Ioupih:knfkGBK;JIG KJNHLNOUHJKNGKJBiug piufghvKJ/ BGUJ'egV
Good attempts to have work fun balance
Settlements Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 29, 2015
Feast or famine. There were no written processes or job descriptions so much time was spent putting out fires occurring in a fragile process system that was ever changing. It was hard to set professional goals. At one point we were asked if our individual goals were in alignment with team goals. There were no team goals set or published. There were some good company outings and there was a ping pong table on the first floor. This made it nice at times. Good people overall to work with. Company could benefit from a development training program for all departments. This is a good place for the right creative mind who can blend financial savvy with creativity.
Pros
Good place for a financially savvy creative person
Cons
Too much gossip and pettiness at times
Daily Activities
SENIOR UNDERWRITER- SENIOR RELATIONSHIP ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 7, 2015
Typical day would involve working two separate queues; one queue was for our high volume multi-million dollar client which required special care and handling. The other queue was for traditional merchants seeking a credit card processing account. The primary job is to always handle the high volume files regardless of the issue or what it took to satisfy that relationship- it was the high volume merchants that made my company so well respected in the industry.
Pros
The owner was very generous with the extras he provided employers
Cons
The new management staff began a race to the bottom focusing on volume instead of quality merchants.
A good place to gain experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 4, 2015
This job entailed answering inbound merchant calls in regards to their services with the company. I learned the processes involved in owning a business and what required of merchants who accepted credit cards as methods of payment for their goods and services. The leadership was unprofessional and needed a lot of improvement. During the training, other employees and I bonded very well as we depended on one another to learn the systems and pass required tests to be considered for employment. The hardest part of the job was having to contain and calm angry merchants when there were company errors and billing discrepancies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee events that were given and the free give a way's during the raffles.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lunches were taken away frequently
Good place to get experience.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 17, 2015
It's a pretty laid back environment that is always expanding and hiring. Coworkers are nice and pretty representative of the typical Michigander.
Pros
Laid back
Benefits
The offices were providletly owned agenceys
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 3, 2015
The agent were their own boss so if their weren't a lot of people in the office you did not have medical insurance. The company did not have a lot of moral at the time because it was every office on their own.
Pros
Small offices
Cons
No health Care
it was a great job
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 5, 2015
North American was definitely a comfortable work environment one of the best I've been in as of today. I loved the people and the family feel, once comfortable with the knowledge required to progress in NAB it is easy to go far. A typical day at work was answering inbound calls and handling merchant transaction and deposit history for their recent customers. Management was great also, sometimes new information didn't get released and there may be confusion or more questions that came about the proper procedure because management may do something different than the supervisors would do it in the same department. Those issues were always solved in a matter of hours, but for the representatives it would be a little hectic. I don't know the most enjoyable part of the job, because over all I would say there isn't anything not to like about this company.
Pros
great benifits, holidays, and work events
Cons
a little unorganized with communication in the work place
Great employes, relaxed and casual atmosphere, inept managment, lack of communication and direction
Research Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 15, 2015
Overall, it's a decent place to work. Business casual and great co-workers, great design of the building.

Management is inept, at best, at assisting and empowering employees, hard workers are not rewarded or valued in the company and there is no communication between departments, even with management's assistance.

They are quick to place blame on others and lack any follow through on procedural changes. No valuable training is established and trying to move out of a department is a nightmare.
Pros
cool co-workers, business casual, great looking building
Cons
Read above.
This was a frustrating position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 20, 2015
The training was intense, which I love, and irrelevant. The position was customer service including providing detailed explanation of billing and payment. Once training had concluded, the material covered was useless. The calls received were limited to complaints regarding improper billing and set up, funds not received and bank account information entered incorrectly.
Pros
the compensation was acceptable
Cons
the wrong fit, lack of organization
Professional workplace with a relaxing atmosphere
Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day would include dealing with customers, programming terminals and dealing with customers. Co-workers were also fun to be around and never took themselves too seriously while also trying to help if you needed an extra hand.
customer services rep/ trainer
Customer Services/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Layed off from job, had to let go 30 employee's go and I was one of them.
Fun
Cash Advance Coordinator and Application Processor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Lots of break areas to make private phone calls, ping pong table, foozeball, air hockey. Very nice building, newly built.
Productive and fun work place
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 7, 2015
Great company to work at! Company is growing tremendously! Employees are appreciated.
Pros
great break room with ping pong table
Cons
n/a
N/a
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 26, 2014
Great compay to work for , only reason for leaving is relocation
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

North American Bancard - Merchant Services Reviews by Location