North American Lighting

North American Lighting United States Employee Reviews

Good Paying Job
Operator (Current Employee), SidepaintMarch 12, 2015
Good Job, Too many hours, Did not work well with family life. Was difficult to see my children on the weekends. The people were nice but it was eat sleep and work
NAL
Coating Operator (Former Employee), Paris, ILMarch 11, 2015
good work environment and you learn a lot. Co-workers were always there to help as well. The hardest part about the job was getting was not messing up and the most enjoyable part was how it all works.
Decent way to make a living
Assembly (Current Employee), Muscle ShoalsFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: short breaks
Decent job with great pay & great benefits but poorly managed.
I learned how to assemble turn signals. I adore my coworkers but management could be more friendly & attentive. Hardest part of the day was putting up with rude management. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers.
Awesome Lean Manufacturing Company
Third Shift Production -Supervisor (Former Employee), Paris, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great employee benefits, 3 shift operation.
North American Lighting is a Tier 1 supplier for automotive lighting.
Excellent classroom training is provided for all new hires.On the job training is implemented with close supervision to ensure proper understanding of all processes. Great importance is placed on Safety and Quality in all aspects of employment.
Continuous improvement is implemented in all areas of production with employee participation highly encouraged.
Management is fully involved and supportive in the improvement and cross training of employees.
The environment is fast paced with personal and team based goals. Every job is important and contributes to the company goals and metrics.
Coatings Technician (Former Employee), Paris, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Was a great place to work. I would love to get back out there if given the chance! Great working conditions.
GOOD JOB
operator (Former Employee), Muscle Shoals, ALJanuary 13, 2015
NAL was a good place to work for the environment was very clean and organized.
the team oriented environment was fun, you never stayed bored because you build relationships with co workers.
the only bad thing i have to say about nal is that the work schedule was very demanding most of the times you would work 10-12hrs/6 days a week.
the pay was good but the hours started to become a burden and interfered with family priorities and didn't have room for a life outside of work.
Good work environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Paris, ILDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great break areas
Cons: work alot of ours
There was a lot of good people on the work floor, you could get along with and work with everyone. Management always would be available if you needed them. The tough part of the job is that it was fast paced, but once you got the hang of it, you grew to like it because before u knew it the shift was over and you were on your way home. The best part about the job was honestly, the money.
Really clean work environment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Salem, ILDecember 4, 2014
Pros: a lot of work hours
Cons: not much free time
I was able to use my shipping and receiving skills to my full advantage. The company was well kept and there was plenty of space for breaks considering the amount of people that worked for them.
productive and a challenging job
Operator I (Former Employee), Paris, ILDecember 3, 2014
Pros: health insurance, 401 k
Cons: didn't know if we would work 8 or 12 hours ahead of time
I would get there and we did our exercises as a group before we started working. Then we would have a short meeting to let us know how our shift went the night before.I then would go to the opm machine to get ready to start the parts to run
Good Small Town Job
Team Leader (Former Employee), Flora, ILNovember 30, 2014
NAL is a very good company to work for. Their turnover is rather high but that is just because they often work a lot of hours. Though the hours can be a downside they do pay overtime for extra hours. It is very easy to move up in the company. It took me 3 years to become a teamleader and it wouldn't have taken me that long but I wanted a specific department. Overall they are a great company to work for and they are always expanding.
Good Job for High School Grads
Preventative Maintenance Crew Member (Current Employee), Salem, ILNovember 22, 2014
Good money, good benefits, especially if you do not have any education above High School.

The job seemed fine until I went to day shift where there seemed to be to many people in charge that were not on the same page.

You would be told to do things one way and then two weeks later find out that someone changed their mind and have to redo all the paperwork from the past two weeks to reflect it.
good place to work,
Press Operator (Former Employee), Paris, ILNovember 21, 2014
most days were good besides having more exspected of me for the same pay. I was the trainer for the new employees on the paperwork and computer input. I was a fill in teamleader when my teamleader needed time off. When my teamleader transfered to a different shift. I also was told to train the new leader. Management was ok. but when things got changed in the process it rarely got relayed from shift to shift. The co-workers were awesome and my first teamleader was also awesome. The hardest part of the job was them turning up the numbers per hour on the presses and loaded another part at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the workers in the overall plant
Very fast pace, assembly/production line.
Assembly Line Production worker (Former Employee), Muscle Shoals, ALNovember 13, 2014
Pros: employee benefits.
Cons: never knew what time you were getting off!
started first with flex and stetch,proper( p.p.e.)insure 6"S reach daily production goals and acheive 100% quality. Working at a very fast pace better hand and eye coordination. Insured safety and stressed quality so we could meet various production goals. Easy to get along with. Never knowing when you were getting off! Good benefits!
Not a bad place to work if you dont mind dealing with stress and not being home much
Operator (Current Employee), Paris, ILNovember 10, 2014
Pros: home every night.
Cons: bad management, short breaks, lack of communication
All in all, decent place to work. The work is easy and the pay is good. The management really doesn't really care about their employee's, we're all just a number to them. They really don't care about our personal lives, as long as we are there to make the products, they could care less. The hardest part about the job is dealing with all the stress that everyone makes. No one ever really knows what is going on. You never really know what days you will have to come in early or stay late until about an hour until your shift is over.
Not a great workplace
Insurance data entry, acting (Former Employee), muscle shoals, alOctober 27, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: staff, hours
staff was unorganized, people were rude, no life, we worked 7/12's every week.
Great Place to Work
Coatings Engineer Production/Process (Current Employee), Florence, ALOctober 16, 2014
Great place to for experience, Its not that the company is bad it's the atmosphere/culture. Great place to get experience but doesn't invest in their current and many previous great workers. Overall great company!!!
productive workplace
Technical Assembler (Former Employee), Flora, ILOctober 9, 2014
it was a very fun and productive company that taught me patience in dealing with customers
Head Lamps for Cars
Operator (Former Employee), Paris, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great pay-good health care- gifts at chrismas party
Cons: working to many hours (72 hrs a week every week)
Working as a Side painter, painting lens then got moved to Assembly to make Paz lights.
would have you do the job of three people when need be, they would also move you to a different job day to day
Got along with my co-workers to get the job done
Was working with Acetone due to the breathing it in all the time.
Knowing I did a good at getting my job done
Decent
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Paris, ILSeptember 1, 2014
Long hours, nice paychecks, it would be nice for someone close to the job
Well Balanced company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), IllinoisAugust 11, 2014
work days consist of inspection of product to insure great quality to the customer. Management was friendly and helpful. Pay checks where always on time. Traveling the US is was the most enjoyable part of the job.

1 2 3 4

About North American Lighting

North American Lighting offers travelers a beacon of safety through the fog. The company is reportedly the largest independent manufacturer – Read more

North American Lighting Salaries